GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 21:27   #1
glockman66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,038
Gun microstamping could close American factories

While this topic has been discussed before, this article gives more reasons why microstamping is useless and is just another jab at gun owners and their 2nd Amendment Rights by the leftwinger libs.


http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/0...can-factories/
Gun microstamping could close American factories
posted at 5:31 pm on October 6, 2012 by Jazz Shaw
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 21:45   #2
glockman66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,038
http://pjmedia.com/blog/gun-microsta...inglepage=true
Gun Microstamping: Democrat Ignorance Threatens Manufacturing Jobs
by Bob Owens
October 5, 2012 - 12:00 am
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:02   #3
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,748
Nothing a little sandpaper can't fix.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:10   #4
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze
 
Clutch Cargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
http://pjmedia.com/blog/gun-microsta...inglepage=true
Gun Microstamping: Democrat Ignorance Threatens Manufacturing Jobs
by Bob Owens
October 5, 2012 - 12:00 am
They ASSUME a shell casing will be left behind at a crime scene. How very ignorant on their part.
No doubt the aftermarket titanium firing pin makers will be ready.
__________________
GTDS
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46   #5
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 26,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
They ASSUME a shell casing will be left behind at a crime scene. How very ignorant on their part.
No doubt the aftermarket titanium firing pin makers will be ready.
As will BG's with revolvers. Good luck getting ballistics off a Judge.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 10-07-2012 at 08:47..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31   #6
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Let me play the BG for one minute. I go buy a gun legally shoot someone with it then bring it home. YAH! RIGHT!

Lets try this... I'm a BG. I steal or buy a stolen gun, I shoot someone and leave microstaped casings behind. The police/FBI/Home Land Security one of the alphabet soup traces the stamp back to the "lawful" / original owner. Now I'm the Good Guy. Yes sir I bought that gun five years ago. When I went to the mall they wouldn't let me bring it in even though I'm a CCW holder so I left it in my locked car. Someone stole it. And what does the LEO do now. The same thing he/she would have done if there were no microstamping only they wasted a week calling suppliers running down dealers and going through records to find out who bought the gun "legally. Makes sense to me.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 10-07-2012 at 11:41..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:25   #7
CanMan
Senior Member
 
CanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in flagrante
Posts: 958
Yet another attempt to legislate personal responsibility!
We're the Gov't and we're here to protect you. I'm your politician, trust me, the new jobs that are created in the Firearms Microstamping Division will far outweigh the measly manufacturing jobs lost.
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:41   #8
CA Escapee
Finally!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Let me play the BG for one minute. I go buy a gun legally shoot someone with it then bring it home. YAH! RIGHT!

Lets try this... I'm a BG. I steal or buy a stolen gun, I shoot someone and leave microstaped casings behind. The police/FBI/Home Land Security one of the alphabet soup traces the stamp back to the "lawful" / original owner. Now I'm the Good Guy. Yes sir I bought that gun five years ago. When I went to the mall they wouldn't let me bring it in even though I'm a CCW holder so I left it in my locked car. Someone stole it. And what does the LEO do now. The same thing he/she would have done if there were no microstamping only they wasted a week calling suppliers running down dealers and going through records to find out who bought the gun "legally. Makes sense to me.
Jerry,

A few years before I left California our crafty legislators passed a law that if your gun is stolen you have X number of days or hours, (I forget which,) to report it as stolen. They have plenty of time to push legislation like that through, meanwhile the state is circling the bowl.

Bill
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:56   #9
CA Escapee
Finally!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 329
In California the law signed in 2007 by Schwarzenegger requires microstamping technology to be unencumbered by patents before the law can take effect.

The original patent owner Todd Lizotte was going to let the patent expire so the technology would be in the public domain. The Calguns Foundation renewed the microstamping patent just before it expired for a mere $555.

Calguns now owns the patent, and the very law that would require all guns to microstamp a case in order to be sold in California won't go into effect.

Calguns-1, California-0

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/13/us...anted=all&_r=0

Bill
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:58   #10
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member
 
TKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Just another ball of mud.
Posts: 3,273
__________________
Hey, I've been in a firefight before!
Well, I was in a fire.
Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:03   #11
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 18,842


No politician cares if it works or not. The objective is to eliminate guns any way possible.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:34   #12
CA Escapee
Finally!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
No politician cares if it works or not. The objective is to eliminate guns any way possible.
Very true.

Bill
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:40   #13
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Escapee View Post
Jerry,

A few years before I left California our crafty legislators passed a law that if your gun is stolen you have X number of days or hours, (I forget which,) to report it as stolen. They have plenty of time to push legislation like that through, meanwhile the state is circling the bowl.

Bill
Oh yah that would make a world of difference.

janice6 pretty much nailed it.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:45   #14
CA Escapee
Finally!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Oh yah that would make a world of difference.

janice6 pretty much nailed it.
Of course. The attitude there among the powers that be is, do this, or else we'll make a criminal out of you and take the rest of your guns away from you.

Bill
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 703
123 Members
580 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42