Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:41   #1
kimbercollector

EDC - Are you a TRUE BELIEVER?

Are there some instances in which you leave it behind due to the nature of the place you are at when away from home...or the polar opposite, places you simply wont go without old faithful.
I guess my goal is, to see how many people are TRUE BELIEVERS and how many are not (90-100% would be true believers that dont leave home without it) and the lower percentages those who enjoy the industry, sport, and hobby but dont feel it'd be necessary to carry outside of the home.
Im also wandering if those who do carry more often then not have more situational awareness (SheepDog Concept) so they can 1) avoid trouble before having to unholster their weapon or 2) if they cannot avoid it, they can do something about it until proper LEO arrives.
Take care, Dave
[URL="http://www.riflelogbook.com"]RIFLELOGBOOK[/URL] - The snipers deadliest tool.
kimbercollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:07   #2
bac1023

I believe you carry everyday or don't bother carrying at all.

Unless I'm somewhere where it's illegal, I carry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:12   #3
longhair

It does make me more aware, but it also makes me much more tolerant. I dismiss the small irritations of the general public.
longhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:24   #4
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

Pretty well sums it up.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:47   #5
MarcDW
MDW Guns

Quote:

Ditto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
for current inventory
MarcDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09   #6
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:

My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55   #7
ronin.45

Quote:

This^
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55   #8
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

I have disarmed only twice in more than the past five years. Once when attending the Glock armorers course and once to goto the state DPS office to renew my permit for another five years. That is all.

So I guess I am a "true believer".
Old 10-07-2012, 06:24   #9
Beretta92guy

the only time i am not carrying is at work...to which CCW has to take a back seat to that so i can afford to buy more guns
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:25   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

Yes, there are plenty of places I always carry and gun and even more places where I don't worry about it. The majority of the time, a gun in the glove compartment is plenty. A gun isn't what keeps you safe, it's just a convenient tool to assist. Helpful if you are able to deal with problems, useless if you aren't.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45   #11
HexHead

I generally won't go in places that are posted, purely on principle, even on the rare occasions I'm not carrying.

I don't buy into that whole sheepdog thing. My gun is to protect me and mine. Other people have the same opportunities I did to get trained, get licensed and get proficient enough to protect themselves. That they chose not to do that is not my problem.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01   #12
silversport

do you guys carry something when you take out the garbage???, mow the lawn???...sit on your patio in the warm months???...washing your car or the windows on the house???

...I don't doubt that many do but I find it hard to believe that so many carry a primary weapon, secondary, reload, knives, mace/OC, cell phone, keys, signal flare, mirror and survival food for every walk outside (and sometimes inside) the home...more power to you if you really do...

...it seems for me that the couple times I recall not carrying while making a short trip at the last minute...I've had someone challenge me in the parking lot or at least not take "sorry, no." for an answer...

Bill
silversport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47   #13
ADK_40GLKr

Must be an INFIDEL!

I carry RARELY! Mostly within the restrictions of my New York carry permit: hunting, fishing, trapping and target shooting, and travel to & from.

If I carried at another time it wouldn't be illegal, a judge could take away the opportunity entirely if I were out of compliance.

Do I worry? NO!

Do I plan to move out of state? NO!

And before some simpleton pipes up with, "I wouldn't live in such a #%€ŁĄ&$@ repressive state! MOVE!", let me say that safety and quality of life where I live are as good as anywhere. There's a lot more to MY life than just carrying a gun 24/7. I've not needed one for self defense for the last 70 years and am highly unlikely to for the next 35 or so. I'm WAY more likely to buy the farm encountering a big garbage truck on my little mail route.

That being said, my G27 in it's CBST feels good on my hip when I wear it, and I would if I could all the time, but it's no big deal that I choose not to.

OK wait a minute until I don my -retardant garb!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:50   #14
Lowjiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
do you guys carry something when you take out the garbage???, mow the lawn???...sit on your patio in the warm months???...washing your car or the windows on the house???
I live in a nice, "secure" neighborhood with a private, locked back yard.

I keep an LC9 in a Remora holster with me all the time...inside, or outside, the house. Right now, it's almost 7am and I just finished my morning "skinny dip" in the pool as I check my forums. I'm naked as a jay-bird, but the LC9 is sitting on the table beside me at the pool.

The neighbors are so used to seeing me working in the front yard with a gun on my hip that they never even comment on it when they come over to chat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Last edited by Lowjiber; 10-07-2012 at 07:53.. Reason: puncuation
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:55   #15
CBennett

Normally if I can take it somewhere im legally able to I will be carrying..but for me with doing coaching and sports related activities with kids in areas(schools, sports arenas) i cant CC much of my off time is spent NOT CCing as a result. Again when im just hanging out at the house for the day I dont CC around the house as im normally just wearing a pair of sweats/athletic pants and they are not very conducive to CCing.

Normally if I run downtown to grab milk or eggs at the store on a day like that I have to decide...total wardrobe change(which would probably take longer than the trip its self) or just make the run...normally I just make the run....im thinking of getting one of 2 things for that...a small 9mm like the PF9 or LC9 or more likely cause its a LOT less $$ one of those smart carry holsters..just dont have it yet.

Now when im off and I know we are going out for the day where ever it is and im not coaching that day and we are going out ..yes then I will be 100% CCing,
CBennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58   #16
Bruce M

I prefer a decent door to carrying at home; a gun is available well before someone gets through the door. I generally don't socialize at someone else's home where I would feel I need a gun. If I am among strangers I am carrying a gun unless I am flying somewhere.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01   #17
garya1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
the only time i am not carrying is at work...to which CCW has to take a back seat to that so i can afford to buy more guns
This ^ not that I couldn't, we walk around with guns in the open at work all the time. It's just that the nature of my job makes it hard to wear a gun.

Last edited by garya1961; 10-07-2012 at 08:03..
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07   #18
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
do you guys carry something when you take out the garbage???, ...
Yes I do, oddly. A great judge who I knew was a victim of an attempt robbery when he was taking out his garbage. I say him the next weekend at a gun show. He said he was in the market for a bigger gun so that if there was a next time he would not worry about an arrest.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25   #19
Beanie-Bean

Quote:

Amen. That goes for blades, too--if I don't have a firearm with me (for legal reasons...) However, I've usually got both with me at all times.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:27   #20
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote: