Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:27   #61
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBKA View Post
If one understands what the BLS' data tell us, then he understands the the economy is improving at the slowest rate of any modern post-recession recovery. Very little in the latest BLS data should be a plus for Obama.

However, if one does not understand what the BLS data tell us, then he ignorantly believes that either
1. These data guarantee an Obama reelection, or
2. Obama personally oversees, checks, and alters the BLS's unemployment survey.

Ignorance begets conspiracy theories; this thread is a perfect example of that.
WOW, thank goodness you came and straightened all that out, I feel much better now

#2 No, but an Obama appointee does.

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:16   #62
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Nahh.

It just tells me people don't trust BHO. Simple.

And you're taking offense to that. Simple.
So we are to assume Obama was overseeing a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46   #63
MZBKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedreams View Post
I don't think anyone believes point one or two but it does show the public does not trust the government to provide accurate information. The poll does demonstrate that 57% (77669)of the (133802) people taking the poll don't trust the numbers.

The poll is an unscientific internet poll. It does not tell us anything about whether Americans trust the BLS' numbers.
MZBKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:43   #64
pipedreams

Quote:
The poll is an unscientific internet poll. It does not tell us anything about whether Americans trust the BLS' numbers.
Your correct it is a unscientific internet poll. So your saying those 133802 people are not entitled to their opinion?

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 13:49   #65
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:

Ignorance begets conspiracy theories; this thread is a perfect example of that.
Or a perfect example of liberals thinking that people who don't agree with them are ignorant.

We know you really believe that so we are getting used to it, even if it doesn't come across as powerfully as you might think as a debate tool.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:13   #66
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Or a perfect example of liberals thinking that people who don't agree with them are ignorant.

We know you really believe that so we are getting used to it, even if it doesn't come across as powerfully as you might think as a debate tool.

So Obama was overseeing a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

Poking holes in these ridiculous theories is like arguing with 9/11 truthers.

Old 10-06-2012, 16:50   #67
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
So Obama was overseeing a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

I just think you're thinking too much. Make it simple.

You called it ridiculous, yet you plunge yourself into the midst of that discussion, making yourself in the close proximity of that which is ridiculous. Then how are people going to know whether you're intrincally ridiculous or not ?

If it smells like pou-pou, I'd keep a distance. When pou-pou hits the fan and you're close to it... wow.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 10-06-2012 at 16:51..
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 19:08   #68
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
I just think you're thinking too much. Make it simple.

You called it ridiculous, yet you plunge yourself into the midst of that discussion, making yourself in the close proximity of that which is ridiculous. Then how are people going to know whether you're intrincally ridiculous or not ?

If it smells like pou-pou, I'd keep a distance. When pou-pou hits the fan and you're close to it... wow.
So again, why would Obama oversee a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32   #69
MZBKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post

You're ignorant because you've demonstrated you don't know how to interpret unemployment numbers. Heck, when somebody tried to show you how to understand the numbers, you call him a liberal, which seems to be your response when anybody presents you with facts. Face it, you're happy with what you think and you don't let facts change your beliefs -the perfect example of a conspiracy theorist.

Also, why do you consistently refer to yourself in the first person plural? You keep saying 'we'. As the biggest conspiracy theorist on this forum, do you count yourself as more than one person? Do you have some sort of multiple personality disorder? Or are you so arrogant you think you speak for others on this forum?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35   #70
MZBKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedreams View Post
Your correct it is a unscientific internet poll. So your saying those 133802 people are not entitled to their opinion?

Of course people are entitled to their own opinions. All I said was an unscientific internet poll gives no information as to whether American s trust or do not trust unemployment data.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37   #71
MZBKA

Quote:

It also wouldn't make sense for Obama to have manipulated the numbers like he did-very little in the data is good news for him.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44   #72
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
So again, why would Obama oversee a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?
It's called 'implementing communism'

The unintended consequense of that is that the producers go 'John Galt' and produce minimally, and don't hire.

It continues as long as communism lasts, so the sooner it, and he are given the boot, the sooner we recover.

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49   #73
jlruiz32

Obama donors at the BLS.
http://freebeacon.com/meet-the-obama-donors-at-the-bls/
jlruiz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:20   #74
domin8ss

It has probably already been talked about. If not, I'm going to say it again. Unemployment numbers are not actual. They only count people actively looking for work through government run unemployment offices. People like me who have never sought assistance are not counted. Additionally, the under employment rate is more than double the unemployment rate. In my last job I would have been considered under employed.

Btw, look at unemployment rates by state and look at political status by state. Is there a correlation between red and blue states with the numbers being higher or lower?

Last edited by domin8ss; 10-07-2012 at 09:23..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21   #75
pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlruiz32 View Post

"At least two economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) have contributed to President Barack Obama’s campaign. Harley Frazis of Bethesda, MD, has contributed at least $2,000 to Obama and $9,000 to the Democratic National Committee over the last three election cycles. "

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:34   #76
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
If Romney wins the number will be 14.7.
So what will you be saying when Romney wins and the number continues on a downward trend? Will you be back in here to revise your conspiracy theory and claim that it's morphed into an even more evil plot than before?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37   #77
JFrame

Quote:
So what will you be saying when Romney wins and the number continues on a downward trend? Will you be back in here to revise your conspiracy theory and claim that it's morphed into an even more evil plot than before?

He is saying that the MSM will suddenly shift gears and start quoting the U6 numbers with a GOP president.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:39   #78
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
He is saying that the MSM will suddenly shift gears and start quoting the U6 numbers with a GOP president.

Where did he say that? I quoted his entire post, I didn't see that clarification in there.

Also, why were they quoting 4.5% under Bush if it was a massive conspiracy against Republicans?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40   #79
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

When Romney wins, business will be released from the boot on the neck of communism, and unemployment will come down.

... But not before the real figures are revealed, and they will be much higher than Obamas' minions' cooked figures.

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46   #80
JFrame

Quote:
Where did he say that? I quoted his entire post, I didn't see that clarification in there.

Also, why were they quoting 4.5% under Bush if it was a massive conspiracy against Republicans?
If you're citing that specific post, I don't see how you can infer anything more than what I said from seven words and a number.

And are you honestly arguing that the MSM didn't attack Bush at virtually every turn?

The release of a number dropping employment under 8 percent the day after Obama got his ass handed in a debate isn't remotely curious to you?

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote