Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:28   #21
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I believe you carry everyday or don't bother carrying at all.

Unless I'm somewhere where it's illegal, I carry.
+1
I'm not having to type much today - LOL!
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29   #22
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:

Ditto. I even carry in my house.

Last edited by glock2740; 10-07-2012 at 08:29..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:40   #23
Beretta92guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
do you guys carry something when you take out the garbage???, mow the lawn???...sit on your patio in the warm months???...washing your car or the windows on the house???

...I don't doubt that many do but I find it hard to believe that so many carry a primary weapon, secondary, reload, knives, mace/OC, cell phone, keys, signal flare, mirror and survival food for every walk outside (and sometimes inside) the home...more power to you if you really do...

...it seems for me that the couple times I recall not carrying while making a short trip at the last minute...I've had someone challenge me in the parking lot or at least not take "sorry, no." for an answer...

Bill
"signal flare"

don't forget a taser, baton and a big "fire extinguisher" size of OC spray like "dog the bounty hunter" carries...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Last edited by Beretta92guy; 10-07-2012 at 08:41..
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43   #24
PhotoFeller

I carry only when I'm going somewhere that I consider outside of my day-to-day zone of safety. Last night I went out late to pick up dinner, so my G19 rode on the seat next to me. When I saw the sheriff's car parked outside the restaurant, I left the gun in the car. For a night-time trip to WalMart, I'll have the Sig 239 in my pocket.

Day time movement around town doesn't warrant carry unless I'm headed to or through questionable territory. For Interstate highway travel I always have a gun along; stopping at a rest stop means the gun is on my person.

Studying self defense has made me much more aware of my surroundings, always. I'm not worried, but I am tuned in. I live in a very low crime area, but classes I've taken, reading and thinking I've done about SD have caused me to be more alert.

I've always enjoyed guns of all kinds, but especially handguns. When I decided to get a CC license it was because I could, not because I felt compelled to do so. Steps I took to learn about about carry methods, self defense tactics and the applicable laws were done out of my sense of responsibility and accountability. I continue to study and debate, here and elsewhere, because its part of an ongoing learning process.

I'm a believer in self defense with a firearm, but the terms and conditions I follow are based on my sense of what is reasonable based on my life circumstances. I strongly believe that safety with a firearm trumps methods that many believe to be necessary for 'readiness'. I'm conservative in every sense of the word: politically, life style, firearm carry practices.

I don't know how to score myself under your system Dave, but I ain't a "True Believer" in the 90-100% category. Maybe I come in at about 50%, but I'm very responsible when I do carry and I feel very safe when I don't.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-07-2012 at 11:49..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46   #25
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

We won't frequent a place that we can't carry.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47   #26
H&K .45 AUTO
10-42

I carry every day of every week from the moment that my feet hit the floor in the morning, until the moment that I crawl into bed at night. During my hours of sleep, I have a weapon within one foot of me on the nightstand. I am an LEO, so there are no problems for me to carry at work, and most of the places where CCW holders are restricted from being armed don't apply to me. As such, I cannot remember the last time when I was truly unarmed. Even when I'm lounging around the house in a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt.... I have an LCP in my pocket. That's about as close to being without a gun as I ever get.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01   #27
Darkangel1846

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbercollector View Post
Are there some instances in which you leave it behind due to the nature of the place you are at when away from home...or the polar opposite, places you simply wont go without old faithful.
I guess my goal is, to see how many people are TRUE BELIEVERS and how many are not (90-100% would be true believers that dont leave home without it) and the lower percentages those who enjoy the industry, sport, and hobby but dont feel it'd be necessary to carry outside of the home.
Im also wandering if those who do carry more often then not have more situational awareness (SheepDog Concept) so they can 1) avoid trouble before having to unholster their weapon or 2) if they cannot avoid it, they can do something about it until proper LEO arrives.
Take care, Dave
RIFLELOGBOOK - The snipers deadliest tool.

I think a lot has to do with where you live and work. Don't mean to sound racist but In larger cities with higher minority populations I would most likely carry two gun everyday. Out here in rural Oregon you just don't see the violence you see in the cities. I've been here for 15 years and have never even had to put my hand on my CCW. In the bigger cities I lived in it was almost a weekly occurance. I still carry everywhere and everyday but would not feel bad if I forgot to pack heat. But when I go to the city its a different story.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06   #28
smokin762

Quote:

smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:08   #29
pspez

Quote:

Yep. Me too.
pspez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:14   #30
CanMan

100% True Believer
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:27   #31
ghr1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
I live in a nice, "secure" neighborhood with a private, locked back yard.

I keep an LC9 in a Remora holster with me all the time...inside, or outside, the house. Right now, it's almost 7am and I just finished my morning "skinny dip" in the pool as I check my forums. I'm naked as a jay-bird, but the LC9 is sitting on the table beside me at the pool.

The neighbors are so used to seeing me working in the front yard with a gun on my hip that they never even comment on it when they come over to chat.
Wow!! In my state open cary is a no no ! I work in my front yard too!!
ghr1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:29   #32
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:

Yep,.......
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:29   #33
Bluestreakfl

Quote:

This ^^^
Because the one time you don't have it will be the time you need it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. For me it's just second nature.

Sent from my phone booth
G27 Gen3, Mossberg 500A, Mossberg 702 Plinkster, Armi Salvinelli 12gauge Strapgun. Florida Glockers Club #941
"Politics is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Bluestreakfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:54   #34
denn1911

I carry everyday, 100% of the time, no matter the location. Those of us who do are not paranoid or living in fear. We are taking a proactive approach to protecting ourselves and our family and friends. I don't get the attitude of those who say, "If I'm going into a rough area, I'll carry. Other than that, I don't bother." Bad situations happen in normally safe neighborhoods also. You can't pick when the bad guys decide to confront you.
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:07   #35
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Ditto. I even carry in my house.
Same here. I'm carrying my G23 right now. When I work out, my G26 is in a fanny pack hanging on the handlebars of the exercise bike.

If I'm working outside doing something that will make me sweat, I'm wearing the fanny pack.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:15   #36
countrygun

Quote:
do you guys carry something when you take out the garbage???, mow the lawn???...sit on your patio in the warm months???...washing your car or the windows on the house???
Besides having been on a jury in a homicide case involving a law abiding citizen, I keep my eye on such crimes in my area. In almost every case of a "non-criminal on criminal" homicide in which the victim was a "good guy" and the perpetrator was a criminal, the victim has been a gun owner, in the cases that occur at the victims residence the victim OWNED at least one gun but they did HAVE the gun when the need arose, hence the title "Victim".
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:33   #37
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
...I don't doubt that many do but I find it hard to believe that so many carry a primary weapon, secondary, reload, knives, mace/OC, cell phone, keys, signal flare, mirror and survival food for every walk outside (and sometimes inside) the home...more power to you if you really do...
Most people don't carry all that crap, but the few who do are heavily overrepresented on Glock Talk.

Heck, you should see the list of gear their Dungeons & Dragons characters are packing.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 15:07   #38
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 15:19   #39
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn1911 View Post
I carry everyday, 100% of the time, no matter the location. Those of us who do are not paranoid or living in fear. We are taking a proactive approach to protecting ourselves and our family and friends. I don't get the attitude of those who say, "If I'm going into a rough area, I'll carry. Other than that, I don't bother." Bad situations happen in normally safe neighborhoods also. You can't pick when the bad guys decide to confront you.
Each of us has to decide what risk level we face each day, and that assessment drives our carry decisions. You, denn, and most others here, have concluded that you might be attacked any hour of every day, at home, at the gym, at social events, at church, during your son's Bar Mitzvah, at Disney World and everyplace in between. I, on the other hand, gauge the likelihood of attack as very low most of the time; my years of experience and knowledge of my commnity indicate I'm vulnerable in certain environments at certain times. We just see the world differently.

I won't criticize your view of the world if you won't criticize mine.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-07-2012 at 15:28..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 15:25   #40
itstime

I carry 100% the law lets me. Only places I don't are the no-no's such as kids school etc.

Then I feel naked.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote