Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-27-2012, 21:03   #1
bumpin88

AR pistol to SBR

This is something I've just thought about. If I purchase a stripped lower, purchase it as a pistol. I could have it with any barrel length I wanted, but with no but stock. So essentially I can build a SBR, but not have it be a SBR? As long as it does not have a buttstock, or forward pistol grip, I should be safe.

But then I thought about what IF i wanted to put it on a form1 as an SBR. Could I still keep it as a functional pistol until I received the Tax stamp?
I'm sure the local SOT could anwser this better, but I was wondering if anyone knew how this works?
bumpin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 23:23   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

You can buy a nonclassified lower and then assemble it into a pistol. You cannot add a stock to a pistol without it being a Title II firearm, thus it cannot be an "SBR."

You can keep it as a pistol in legal pistol configuration until you have the Form 1 clear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 15:40   #3
bumpin88

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
So, I guess that would be the same for a carbine or rifle as long as you don't have the short barrel in your possession until the Form 1 clears.
bumpin88 is offline   Reply With Quote