Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:27   #21
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
More "discernment" being used in the place of logic and basic read comprehension.
You have to discern what they meant by generation when the plain meaning of what was said turns out to be false. Can't leave something so blatantly false just sitting there waiting to be pointed out by any third grader that can read plain English.

That's why neanderthals went extinct. They couldn't master the art of discernment when it came to their holy book. When they would or could no longer cover up for Him, their God abandoned them.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 10-07-2012 at 11:29..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08   #22
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You're misunderstanding the term "generation".
It doesn't mean a human life span.

Our present "generation" began with Adam and will end in the Book of Revelations.

That's what Jesus was referring to when he said, "this generation will by no means pass away until it sees the coming of the Son of Man".
Any evidence to support this or is it just wishful thinking?

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:10   #23
steveksux
Massive Member

If Americans came from the British, why can't the British speak English properly and Americans can? You ever listen to those guys speak???? Can barely understand them most of the time.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:01   #24
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
I can't like, you know, like understand most, like Americans either, you know.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:52   #25
FCoulter

Quote:
The book appears to be a criticism of the catholic church. It draws repeated analogies between it and the ancient Babylonians which are assumed (although not proved) to be corrupt by the author. It further makes the claim that the modern day catholic church is actually a direct continuation of the ancient Babylonian system in some way. The author's central thesis being that catholics aren't really christians.

I'm not fan of the catholic church (or any church for that matter), but what this has to do with the topic of the thread is a mystery to me. If there is a chapter that deals with the issue of evolution then I couldn't find it.
Sorry that book is abit deep. Maybe this book will explain it more clearly.

http://www.ucg.org/booklet/united-states-and-britain-bible-prophecy/
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:09   #26
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post

And now you post a link to a book that interprets bible prophecy as it applies to the roles of the U.S. and Britain? Again, do you have anything to say on the actual topic of this thread or not? Are you feeling alright?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 10-07-2012 at 16:45..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:28   #27
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

As in grab your waders, "that book is abit deep".

This book has one reference to evolution:
"Far too many Americans and Britons have refused to acknowledge God and His blessings. In their intellectual and spiritual arrogance many have chosen to deny the existence of a Creator and accept the false religion of evolution and its secular-humanist theology."
Could we implore you to use your words? What are the best 2 or 3 points made by either book as to how evolution is false.

thanks,
-ArficialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:58   #28
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
As in grab your waders, "that book is abit deep".

This book has one reference to evolution:
"Far too many Americans and Britons have refused to acknowledge God and His blessings. In their intellectual and spiritual arrogance many have chosen to deny the existence of a Creator and accept the false religion of evolution and its secular-humanist theology."
Could we implore you to use your words? What are the best 2 or 3 points made by either book as to how evolution is false.

thanks,
-ArficialGrape
I was hoping by now you would have seen I am playing the other side of the coin. The books I posted deal with how Americans could have came from British people from a Biblical standpoint, not from an evolutionist view point.
Old 10-07-2012, 17:05   #29
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
I was hoping by now you would have seen I am playing the other side of the coin. The books I posted deal with how Americans could have came from British people from a Biblical standpoint, not from an evolutionist view point.
Ah... so you are cool with evolution. Awesome.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 17:06   #30
muscogee

Quote:
And now you post a link to a book that interprets bible prophecy as it applies to the roles of the U.S. and Britain? Again, do you have anything to say on the actual topic of this thread or not? Are you feeling alright?

I believe FCoulter was an affiliate of Herbert Armstrong. I remember reading this idea in an unsolicited magazine called Plain Truth several decades ago.

http://www.ptm.org/uni/resources/ptm.../033108/2.html

Quote:
5) One of Armstrongism's most bizarre, off-the-wall teachings concerned his view of biblical prophecy. He taught that the 10 "lost" tribes of Israel were the northwest European and Anglo-Saxon nations of the 20th century (modern-day descendants of these tribes included England, the U.S., France, Netherlands, Norway, etc.) This teaching, which he appropriated and refined, is known as British-Israelism. It was a teaching that originated in England several centuries ago when some were seeking a biblical/theological justification for British colonialism -- annexing much of the world under their "empire." They determined that the British Empire was a modern day fulfillment of God's promises to Abraham and therefore their political/military empire was justified -- it was just what God wanted them to do! Herbert Armstrong tied his version of "British-Israelism" to dispensationalism, the futurist methodology of seeing biblical prophecy as meant for the "end times." This gave Armstrong a unique prophetic voice, which he called a warning message, somewhat like, as he often likened it to, the watchman on the walls of the book of Ezekiel.
Here's a more indepth discussion. British Israelism

In short, the Anglo-Saxons are the true Children of God. Since many of us descended from the British, so are we. We just don't know it.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 17:54   #31
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
I believe FCoulter was an affiliate of Herbert Armstrong. I remember reading this idea in an unsolicited magazine called Plain Truth several decades ago.

http://www.ptm.org/uni/resources/ptm.../033108/2.html

Here's a more indepth discussion. British Israelism

In short, the Anglo-Saxons are the true Children of God. Since many of us descended from the British, so are we. We just don't know it.
Key word "was" an affiliate of Armstrong. Split from him in 1979. Armstrong made a lot of mistakes, hopefully he repented of them before he passed.
Old 10-07-2012, 20:50   #32
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
That book is widely and almost totally discredited. It also isn't germane to the topic under discussion.
Quote:
That's the way to do it. Don't even attempt to explain or defend your point, just toss out another link that will turn out to be equally unrelated. Kingarthurhk has taught you well.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01   #33
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
If you imagine evolution as the foundation and then overlay it with the creation theory, you'd realize that's there's plenty of room for both.
NO! You do not get to use the work of scientists to try and twist your mythology to make sense. Your book says nothing of evolution. It says God made us on the 6th day and that he made us from clay. It says he made Eve from Adams rib. We know this to be nonsense. Your book had it's chance to get it right and it lost. End of story. There is no "Well maybe evolution is the process God used to create stuff." No... your book says 6 days... and it's wrong.

Quote:
God has created man and inserted him into the evolution process at different intervals of time. Man has not and never will "evolve", yet he exists in the evolution process.
Care to show your evidence for this?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote