GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 02:13   #21
horseboss45
Senior Member
 
horseboss45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 112
Enlighten me!!!!! No Glock 24 listed on the Glock web site. What caliber is it?
__________________
NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
US NAVY VETERAN
horseboss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23   #22
Glock40man
Senior Member
 
Glock40man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseboss45 View Post
Enlighten me!!!!! No Glock 24 listed on the Glock web site. What caliber is it?
40 S&W, Its a long slide with a 6.02 in. barrel. Glock does a limited run every few years.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=310407576
__________________
_____
.... you put a whole new shine on the word overkill. "When you need it, and don't have it.... you sing a different tune."- M. Gross

Last edited by Glock40man; 10-08-2012 at 02:30..
Glock40man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28   #23
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock40man View Post
They also produced a G31 RTF2.
no gills i assume?
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:30   #24
horseboss45
Senior Member
 
horseboss45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 112
Thanks for the quick reply!!!!!!!
__________________
NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
US NAVY VETERAN
horseboss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57   #25
Glock40man
Senior Member
 
Glock40man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
no gills i assume?
I've never seen one with gills.
__________________
_____
.... you put a whole new shine on the word overkill. "When you need it, and don't have it.... you sing a different tune."- M. Gross
Glock40man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29   #26
jim7777b
E9 USN Ret
 
jim7777b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Wichita
Posts: 103
I have a G27 that the serial crosses to a 2.5-BZB-XXX-and it does have finger grooves.
__________________
NRA Range Officer, Glock Armorer quals, expired since 2K--guess I know nothing about them any more--- G17--Gen 1, G19--Gen 3, G23--Gen 3, G22--Gen 3 RTF2 ))))))) ....Other guns too numerous to list.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jim7777b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27   #27
stak
Senior Member
 
stak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 267
The blue trainers...

17T 9 FX
17T 7.8x21 AC

The red reset...

17R
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
stak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35   #28
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by stak View Post
The blue trainers...

17T 9 FX
17T 7.8x21 AC

The red reset...

17R
stak probably has a pretty good handle on some of this as he maintains this site:
http://stakhaus.com/index.php?page=1&results=35&sortby=

Hiya 'stak'.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 14:08   #29
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by stak View Post
The blue trainers...

17T 9 FX
17T 7.8x21 AC

The red reset...

17R
So aside from these you've mentioned above, does my list seem pretty accurate?
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 14:28   #30
Glock40man
Senior Member
 
Glock40man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,235
G35 Gen 3 OD needs to be up there.
__________________
_____
.... you put a whole new shine on the word overkill. "When you need it, and don't have it.... you sing a different tune."- M. Gross
Glock40man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 15:09   #31
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock40man View Post
G35 Gen 3 OD needs to be up there.
done. thanks.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 20:58   #32
Njanear
Nagant-ophile
 
Njanear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,773
A few notes for you:

What is a G17 RTF2G (or 22 or 23)?

There were G22C RTF2s and G23C RTF2s produced.

The C models spanned across both GEN2 and GEN3 (at least in the .40s), so they would need separate lines for those GENs

Most of the GEN3 9mms were available as both '2 Pin' and then '3 Pin' models

There were GEN2.5 G21s made - not sure about GEN2.5 G20s

The G29s and G30s had both no-rail and railed models

As Mongo alluded to, the G21 SF had 3 variants: Ambi/Glock rail, Ambi/Pic rail and non-Ambi/Glock rail.

The G21SF RTF2 was the only G21 RTF2 model - you can take the G21 RTF2 entry off of the list.

There was a GEN2 G24 (to go with your GEN3) - GEN17Ls were in GEN1, GEN2 and GEN3.

I may be incorrect but I believe some of the early G17Ls with 'ported' barrels were marked as G17P - I might be incorrect on that though.

I do believe that all of the SIGs (G31/32/33) and the G20 GEN3 models were available in OD.

I hope some of the above helps - I am sure that I missed quite a few others
__________________
Ron W. - south of Atlanta
Certified Glock Armorer - Oct.2010
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 21:05   #33
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njanear View Post
What is a G17 RTF2G (or 22 or 23)?
Pretty sure the "G" is just a non standard reference to "Gills"
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 21:07   #34
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njanear View Post
A few notes for you:

What is a G17 RTF2G (or 22 or 23)?

There were G22C RTF2s and G23C RTF2s produced.

The C models spanned across both GEN2 and GEN3 (at least in the .40s), so they would need separate lines for those GENs

Most of the GEN3 9mms were available as both '2 Pin' and then '3 Pin' models

There were GEN2.5 G21s made - not sure about GEN2.5 G20s

The G29s and G30s had both no-rail and railed models

As Mongo alluded to, the G21 SF had 3 variants: Ambi/Glock rail, Ambi/Pic rail and non-Ambi/Glock rail.

The G21SF RTF2 was the only G21 RTF2 model - you can take the G21 RTF2 entry off of the list.

There was a GEN2 G24 (to go with your GEN3) - GEN17Ls were in GEN1, GEN2 and GEN3.

I may be incorrect but I believe some of the early G17Ls with 'ported' barrels were marked as G17P - I might be incorrect on that though.

I do believe that all of the SIGs (G31/32/33) and the G20 GEN3 models were available in OD.

I hope some of the above helps - I am sure that I missed quite a few others

Thanks for taking the time to look this all over...


The "G" refers to gills, as opposed to the regular RTF2s that just have the frames and then straight serrations on the slide. That is why I have RTF2 and RTF2G as separate entries.

There was a C RTF2 in 22??? Are you sure? I made a thread about this a few months ago on here and the consensus was that the only ported/compensated RTF2 was a 23.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 21:11   #35
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,083
There's a 22C RTF2. I believe he has one too. It's on your list in the OP (with gills).

Last edited by kodiakpb; 10-08-2012 at 21:19..
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:03   #36
Njanear
Nagant-ophile
 
Njanear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
Thanks for taking the time to look this all over...


The "G" refers to gills, as opposed to the regular RTF2s that just have the frames and then straight serrations on the slide. That is why I have RTF2 and RTF2G as separate entries.

There was a C RTF2 in 22??? Are you sure? I made a thread about this a few months ago on here and the consensus was that the only ported/compensated RTF2 was a 23.
Makes sense with the G - I missed that in my first pass.

Yes, there is a G22C RTF2 (with Gills) - I have one in the safe (along with a G23C RTF2 - with Gills).
__________________
Ron W. - south of Atlanta
Certified Glock Armorer - Oct.2010
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:53   #37
DJ Niner
Moderator
 
DJ Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North-Central USA
Posts: 17,555
Under the G17 L, you could split out the generations, and the optional ported model:

G17 L Gen1
G17 L Gen1 Ported
G17 L Gen2
G17 L Gen3

Under all the "C" models, you could split out the generations, for example:

G17 C Gen2
G17 C Gen3

Add a:

G31 Gen2
G32 Gen2
(both on the cover of the 1998 (?) Glock Annual)

G27 Gen2.5
(No checkering in the fingergrooves, I own one, CAA prefix)

G24 Gen2
(and a G24 Gen2 "C" model, if you split them out)

G17 and G19 with factory threaded barrels.
In some overseas markets, I think there is a "G17 Pro" model, but I don't remember the details.

EDITED TO ADD:

G28 Gen2.5

GTer MakeMineA10mm put up a photo of his G28 several years ago, and it is a Gen2.5:

General Glocking
__________________
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DJ Niner; 10-09-2012 at 01:09..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:19   #38
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
Under the G17 L, you could split out the generations, and the optional ported model:

G17 L Gen1
G17 L Gen1 Ported
G17 L Gen2
G17 L Gen3

Under all the "C" models, you could split out the generations, for example:

G17 C Gen2
G17 C Gen3

Add a:

G31 Gen2
G32 Gen2
(both on the cover of the 1998 (?) Glock Annual)

G27 Gen2.5
(No checkering in the fingergrooves, I own one, CAA prefix)

G24 Gen2
(and a G24 Gen2 "C" model, if you split them out)

G17 and G19 with factory threaded barrels.
In some overseas markets, I think there is a "G17 Pro" model, but I don't remember the details.

EDITED TO ADD:

G28 Gen2.5

GTer MakeMineA10mm put up a photo of his G28 several years ago, and it is a Gen2.5:

General Glocking

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll update the main list tomorrow.

By the way, I used a couple of your diagram pictures in my subreddit, www.reddit.com/r/glocks. I hope you don't mind, because they are a great resource to have.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21   #39
DJ Niner
Moderator
 
DJ Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North-Central USA
Posts: 17,555
No problems at all, for non-commercial/educational use.
__________________
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:15   #40
elijah58
Senior Member
 
elijah58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cassatt, SC
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle 1 View Post
Here's mine, but if it only had Gills..

General Glocking
I WANT ONE!!!
Eli
__________________
Certified Glock Armorer
G22RTF2/G G31C RTF2/G Custom
G20, G22C, G26 X2, G27, G32, G33 All Gen 3.
Ruger Security Six .357 Mag.
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag.
elijah58 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:22.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 984
211 Members
773 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42