Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:34   #26
ricklee4570

Romeo Crennel, Head Coach---
Other players also backed Winston's statement. But other players and coach Romeo Crennel agreed that not all 70,000 fans at the stadium were cheering Cassel as he lay prone on the field.
"If there were boos or cheering that Cassel got hurt, I know that 70,000 did not do it, even though I'm not tuned into it. I know 70,000 didn't cheer for him being hurt," Crennel said. "There might have been some cheering for him being hurt."
Crennel said he understands that fans are frustrated.
"This season has been a disappointing season with the way its gone. I doubt very seriously that 70,000 cheered," Crennel said. "My experience is that the fans here in Kansas City are good fans. Are they frustrated? Yes, they are. I'm frustrated with the way it's gone. But my players, any one of them that gets hurt, I'm concerned about that player being hurt and his well being."
He said Winston was just standing up for his teammate.

But many fans at the game said they were not cheering Cassel's injury but cheering in support of Cassel completing the pass and then backup Brady Quinn as he entered the game.

"He completed the pass and we cheered before we realized that he'd gotten hurt on the play," Alice 102 DJ Joshua "J.D." James said

But some like former Chiefs player Rich Baldinger think Winston went too far and owes the majority of fans, who are classy, an apology.
Sam Pennington said Winston has created a national circus and should have stuck to talking about on-field play.
"Him doing that is what brought us to this point," Pennington said. "If he'd just struck to the game and not the fans, we wouldn't have all this drama and escalation that it's turned into."
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02   #27
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=712562

i hate cheering for a hurt player also but calling out 70,000 fans and telling them how dissgusted you are with them is a jerk move....im sure if he sacked the raven's quarterback and knocked him out eric winston would be giveing high fives to his team mates....if your so ashamed of the fans and disgusted by them then maybe you shouldnt take their money..ERIK

you know he was takeing it awfully hard that matt cassel got hurt hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I said he should just quit and go work for Wal-Mart if it upsets him this badly.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09   #28
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
Were you there??

As a Chiefs fan and season ticket holder, I think I know the difference when Arrowhead has 70,000 fans cheering and maybe a thousand. My son was there. He said he didnt even realize Cassel was hurt and he cheered because he thought they were putting Brady Quinn in. He said that as Cassel went into the locker room, everyone around him was yelling words of support to him.

Funny how people watch t.v. and think they know it all.
Funny how people reflexively rationalize bad behavior.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00   #29
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain You View Post
You know how I know you don't know a lot about football, spelling, punctuation, grammar, or that implying someone is homosexual lost its appeal in the early 90s?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05   #30
Bruce M

I agree that there was some very uncivilized behavior there. I am not sure how pervasive it was but apparently at least enough for a few to notice.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 10-09-2012 at 07:06..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:30   #31
lunarspeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain You View Post
You know how I know you don't know a lot about football, spelling, punctuation, grammar, or that implying someone is homosexual lost its appeal in the early 90s?
bad spelling,grammer,and punctuation is a sure sign of a football fan...duh... and maybe i was implying that ERIK and matt might have a relationship,he did seem overly upset..thier relationship doesnt make me uncomfortable neither does your username....drain u
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39   #32
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Boo on the 70K that may have cheered. (I'm sure not EVERYONE cheered "or even smiled.")

But that sounded like a Jr. High angry pep-talk. "You can boo him, you can boo this, you can boo me, I don't even care, you can boo my lack of sentence structure, you can boo my funky lower lip, you can. . . " It was honestly more painful to listen to him talk than it was to watch the hit.

I get he was emotional. . . and right. But dang. Some people shouldn't talk to the media. LOL
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02   #33
kensb2
pistol n00b

I find it curious how Cassell had a great season with the Patriots the year that Brady suffered his knee injury. He goes to KC, and he sucks? What was so different in NE? Was it the ability of the coach, the type of offense run, better players? What say you, Chiefs fans?
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40   #34
fwm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
I find it curious how Cassell had a great season with the Patriots the year that Brady suffered his knee injury. He goes to KC, and he sucks? What was so different in NE? Was it the ability of the coach, the type of offense run, better players? What say you, Chiefs fans?
All of the above. The Offensive line doesn't do a good job, probably insufficient coaching as well as second class talent.
Running backs turn the ball over for opponents scores more often that they score themselves.

Defense is constantly out of position to make a play, particularly on pass defense, and have to rely on holding and illegal contact to even begin to be in a play. Mostly coaching and lack of good defense strategy skills on the coaching side, and mixed with mediocre player skills.

As KC showed in the 60's and early 70's, a good quarterback can look stellar when the team around him is exceptional.

ETA: As opposed to today's KC team, that shows a good quarterback look like crap with a mediocre team. As the Chiefs showed in the late 70's and 80's, a great quarterback does not make a decent team great.

Last edited by fwm; 10-09-2012 at 11:54..
fwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02   #35
ray9898

Good for him. Cheering because a player is injured is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to class and should be addressed.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23   #36
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I left a rather nasty comment on an article about that, and got flamed bigger than ever! Cassel still sucks.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote