SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 03:34   #30
ricklee4570

Romeo Crennel, Head Coach---
Other players also backed Winston's statement. But other players and coach Romeo Crennel agreed that not all 70,000 fans at the stadium were cheering Cassel as he lay prone on the field.
"If there were boos or cheering that Cassel got hurt, I know that 70,000 did not do it, even though I'm not tuned into it. I know 70,000 didn't cheer for him being hurt," Crennel said. "There might have been some cheering for him being hurt."
Crennel said he understands that fans are frustrated.
"This season has been a disappointing season with the way its gone. I doubt very seriously that 70,000 cheered," Crennel said. "My experience is that the fans here in Kansas City are good fans. Are they frustrated? Yes, they are. I'm frustrated with the way it's gone. But my players, any one of them that gets hurt, I'm concerned about that player being hurt and his well being."
He said Winston was just standing up for his teammate.

But many fans at the game said they were not cheering Cassel's injury but cheering in support of Cassel completing the pass and then backup Brady Quinn as he entered the game.

"He completed the pass and we cheered before we realized that he'd gotten hurt on the play," Alice 102 DJ Joshua "J.D." James said

But some like former Chiefs player Rich Baldinger think Winston went too far and owes the majority of fans, who are classy, an apology.
Sam Pennington said Winston has created a national circus and should have stuck to talking about on-field play.
"Him doing that is what brought us to this point," Pennington said. "If he'd just struck to the game and not the fans, we wouldn't have all this drama and escalation that it's turned into."