Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:08   #41
Kablam

Romney = Obama is wrong, and most reasonable people can see that. Romney may not be the messianic figure that the hard core ideologues (you know, the type that elected this thing we have for a president now) want, but pragmatically, he's clearly the better choice for the country. If one chooses not to see the difference, or can't let go of their adulation for their favorite savior who can single handedly turn this country into the pure constitutional haven we all want, then so be it. Pragmatism is an adult trait.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38   #42
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
And as expected, a pointless attack of the messenger entirely unrelated to the message of the post itself. Thanks for the bump though PawDog!
When you deliver an actual message worth responding to, we will argue for/against it. But so far all I see is the same tired, old, dis-proven crap you put in all of your threads.

Sorry YOU can't see the difference between O and R, but 98.9% of use here apparently can. Oh I forgot. . We are brainwashed idiot and you are the only one here with clarity of vision and understanding.

I'm sick of your crap. With every thread you insult every person here by implying that we are idiots who "just don't get it" and you're the effing genius. While in reality you're the one who lacks the ability for a LONG TERM vision as to how to turn things around.

Obama has sliced our nation's wrists and we are dying as a country and as an economy, and you're worried about a hangnail.

Don't care about your stupid nearsighted self-serving opinion. All you have proven to me is that you don't care if America gets destroyed by the current crop of communist who making up this administration. As long as you get your way that is all that matters to you.

You just went on my ignore list. . .

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 10-09-2012 at 10:44..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41   #43
Kablam

I was trying to be nice.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02   #44
countrygun

It is incredible to me that some folks can actually hold in their head the notion that the Federal Governement is too big and powerful, and yet think they can fix this by electing someone to the top office because he is principled and will stick to that philosophy,

But if he sticks the principles how can he fix things when he is being smaller and less powerful?

It really smacks of the leftist idea that "rights come from the Government", these particular idealogues do not realize that while they chant "power to the people" they are expecting someone in the highest office to GIVE them that power, as if power came from Government.

The way to disempower the Executive Branch, and the rest of the Federal government is to not be dependent on it to solve all of your problems and ESPECIALLY when it is the problem you want to solve. You simply reduce it's significance. By letting your cities and Counties and States look to the Fed for solutions you are putting the chains on yourselves, and you think electing a new "Massa" will take them off.

Silly children, looking to the source of the problem for the answer to the problem.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06   #45
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Turnabout is fair play.

Not when he said he wasn't going to take his turn.

Chute is one of the top 10 people on GT, CF's quote in my sig line would apply to.

"Then you don't understand conservatism. Could be like how a fish doesn't understand "wet"
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:00   #46
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

I'll just leave

Well, bye.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 16:41   #47
PawDog
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
When you deliver an actual message worth responding to, we will argue for/against it. But so far all I see is the same tired, old, dis-proven crap you put in all of your threads.

Sorry YOU can't see the difference between O and R, but 98.9% of use here apparently can. Oh I forgot. . We are brainwashed idiot and you are the only one here with clarity of vision and understanding.

I'm sick of your crap. With every thread you insult every person here by implying that we are idiots who "just don't get it" and you're the effing genius. While in reality you're the one who lacks the ability for a LONG TERM vision as to how to turn things around.

Obama has sliced our nation's wrists and we are dying as a country and as an economy, and you're worried about a hangnail.

Don't care about your stupid nearsighted self-serving opinion. All you have proven to me is that you don't care if America gets destroyed by the current crop of communist who making up this administration. As long as you get your way that is all that matters to you.

You just went on my ignore list. . .
+1......What we're seeing is the product of the "no one is a winner or a loser" mentality, and everyone gets a prize. Little Johnny has never been spanked or chastised, and can do no wrong, as Mommy told him he's her special little snowflake, and no one can tell him differently.

They pout, hold their breath, and stomp their little Nike clad feet when they don't get their way, while Mommy continues to tell them it's OK, and they'll always be cute and special.

The disturbing part is, they never outgrow this mentality, and often wonder why they move from employer to employer, believing the employer just doesn't realize how smart and special they are. It's never their fault, and they're never wrong. Mommy told them so.......
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 16:51   #48
The Machinist
No Compromise

Still waiting for a single Romneybot to defend their candidate with anything other than, "He's not Obama." He's a clown who say anything to get elected. He's proved that, beyond any doubt. Maybe some people just enjoy being lied to.
Old 10-09-2012, 17:02   #49
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
Still waiting for a single Romneybot to defend their candidate with anything other than, "He's not Obama." He's a clown who say anything to get elected. He's proved that, beyond any doubt. Maybe some people just enjoy being lied to.
What's wrong, Sunshine...no one wants to play with you

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 17:09   #50
jlavallee

Because they are no different on anything of real merit, I have to support Johnson.

I don't hate the lesser evil voters, that would be like picking on a retarded child. They just don't know any better.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 17:12   #51
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Because they are no different on anything of real merit, I have to support Johnson.

I don't hate the lesser evil voters, that would be like picking on a retarded child. They just don't know any better.
seems to me you are going out of your way to put yourself on the short bus for the handful of "Special" people.
Old 10-09-2012, 17:12   #52
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post

If this guy was a viable choice, he'd get my vote. For some reason, he has a tough time being seriously considered. Not sure why that is.
Political Issues

Last edited by jdavionic; 10-09-2012 at 17:13..
Old 10-09-2012, 17:19   #53
The Maggy

Quote:

I would make your challenge a little easier for them.

Convince me to vote for Romney without making a single reference to Obama.

Partisan politics has given us an "Us vs. Them" mentality. You have to vote for my guy because we can't let the other guy win! When exactly did presidential elections shift from doing what is best for our country to what is best for a particular party. Get your chosen guy elected so the party can swing the pendulum of big government back your way.

So, Why should I vote for Romney? Please explain without making a reference to Obama.

The Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 17:23   #54
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post

Partisan politics has given us an "Us vs. Them" mentality. You have to vote for my guy because we can't let the other guy win! When exactly did presidential elections shift from doing what is best for our country to what is best for a particular party. Get your chosen guy elected so the party can swing the pendulum of big government back your way.

So, Why should I vote for Romney? Please explain without making a reference to Obama.
Why? Are you incapable of making your own assessment? Who are you voting for and why do you believe they are the best and most viable choice?

It's not up to us to convince you. You're a big boy. Do you own damn assessment.

Old 10-09-2012, 18:21   #55
countrygun

Quote:

Uhm, yah "My boots have a leak in them and I am standing in the creek. Now convince me that boots that don't leak are better without refering to moisture of any kind"

dipstick.
Old 10-09-2012, 18:27   #56
The Machinist
No Compromise

Same old song and dance from the Romneybots. You can't figure out how to spin his stances on gun control, healthcare mandates, illegal incarceration, entitlement spending, and so you're left with just lashing out like a dumb beast at anything that strays too close.
Old 10-09-2012, 18:31   #57
countrygun

Quote:
Same old song and dance from the Romneybots. You can't figure out how to spin his stances on gun control, healthcare mandates, illegal incarceration, entitlement spending, and so you're left with just lashing out like a dumb beast at anything that strays too close.

As the Country prepares for a top-fuel drag race, there is a group on the sidelines messing with their lawnmower-powered go-cart whining "It's not fair, they won"t let us play because they know we'd win"
Old 10-09-2012, 18:40   #58
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Why? Are you incapable of making your own assessment? Who are you voting for and why do you believe they are the best and most viable choice?

It's not up to us to convince you. You're a big boy. Do you own damn assessment.
Oh no, I'm not saying that my mind is made up and yes I have done my homework.

"Romney is the only one that can beat Obama"

"I don't like Romney either; but I'll hold my nose and vote for him over Obama."

"Romney is better than Obama."

Et cetera ad nauseam..... It's been a pretty familiar theme this election season, to the point that we are voting for a Liberal progressive (D.) vs. a Liberal Progressive (R.)

I am asking the people that are telling me that myself and everyone else considering a third party are obligated to vote for Romney, to explain why I should vote for Romney without referencing Obama.

Yes, if my only two options were Obama or Romney, I would vote Romney. I have more than two choices.

I am asking anyone that supports Romney to make a sales pitch on Romney alone. Sale me on the republican brand this election season... by only using the republican brand; if you can't do it that's fine, just say so.

Old 10-09-2012, 18:51   #59
countrygun

Quote:
Oh no, I'm not saying that my mind is made up and yes I have done my homework.

"Romney is the only one that can beat Obama"

"I don't like Romney either; but I'll hold my nose and vote for him over Obama."

"Romney is better than Obama."

Et cetera ad nauseam..... It's been a pretty familiar theme this election season, to the point that we are voting for a Liberal progressive (D.) vs. a Liberal Progressive (R.)

I am asking the people that are telling me that myself and everyone else considering a third party are obligated to vote for Romney, to explain why I should vote for Romney without referencing Obama.

Yes, if my only two options were Obama or Romney, I would vote Romney. I have more than two choices.

I am asking anyone that supports Romney to make a sales pitch on Romney alone. Sale me on the republican brand this election season... by only using the republican brand; if you can't do it that's fine, just say so.
No

You show me how voting for a third party candidate, who can't get elected, is going to keep the water out of your boot?
Old 10-09-2012, 18:51   #60
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Uhm, yah "My boots have a leak in them and I am standing in the creek. Now convince me that boots that don't leak are better without refering to moisture of any kind"

dipstick.
These boots, the ones here in my hand, they don't have holes in them... here, sit on this rock and try them on.

You seemed to have missed my middle paragraph. How is Romney any better for America? Yes getting Romney elected is better for Rupublicans and those sitting at their table... but how is he better for America?

Can you sale me your candidate without referencing Obama or is he such a terrible candidate that when viewed by himself, he looks just as bad as Obama?