Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 18:54   #61
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
These boots, the ones here in my hand, they don't have holes in them... here, sit on this rock and try them on.

You seemed to have missed my middle paragraph. How is Romney any better for America? Yes getting Romney elected is better for Rupublicans and those sitting at their table... but how is he better for America?

Can you sale me your candidate without referencing Obama or is he such a terrible candidate that when viewed by himself, he looks just as bad as Obama?
if anyone has a chance at fixing this totally jacked up economy, romney is your best shot. he is a numbers guy. ryan is as well. we need that to stand any chance at getting out of this in one piece.
Old 10-09-2012, 18:59   #62
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Oh no, I'm not saying that my mind is made up and yes I have done my homework.

"Romney is the only one that can beat Obama"

"I don't like Romney either; but I'll hold my nose and vote for him over Obama."

"Romney is better than Obama."

Et cetera ad nauseam..... It's been a pretty familiar theme this election season, to the point that we are voting for a Liberal progressive (D.) vs. a Liberal Progressive (R.)

I am asking the people that are telling me that myself and everyone else considering a third party are obligated to vote for Romney, to explain why I should vote for Romney without referencing Obama.

Yes, if my only two options were Obama or Romney, I would vote Romney. I have more than two choices.

I am asking anyone that supports Romney to make a sales pitch on Romney alone. Sale me on the republican brand this election season... by only using the republican brand; if you can't do it that's fine, just say so.
Funny, Romney was not my first choice in the primaries. In fact, I was staunchly opposed to Romney. I have also voted for 3rd party candidate in the past. With all that said, I was capable of analyzing my options and making my own decision without begging others to "show me".

Make up your own mind. Your criteria is likely unique to you...just like mine was to me. Your age, sex, lifetime experiences, etc...they all come into play in determining why you pick the person that you pick.

Don't beg people to convince you. You know the choices. You know that one of two people will win - whether you like it or not. It doesn't mean that you are limited to voting for either of them. That's a wonderful part of what we have here. Whether you use your vote to make a statement, to eliminate a greater perceived evil via a lesser evil, or whether you're dillusional and believe that there is a possibility of a 3rd candidate making a surprise...it's all your choice. Choose wisely

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:08   #63
countrygun

OK, I'll play

We are in an economic mess. Romney is a successful businessman with a history on good analysis skills.

I believe him when he says he won't sign any gun control bills IF they are sent to him

He has shown, in his personal life to be a compassionate man.

I share his view of a strong America internationally.

I agree with him that private business being able to hire more people is a better way of improving the econmy, than taking more money away from the private sector and handing it out.

I agree with his notion, put forth in the debate, that health care is best left up to the States, thereby giving a nod to State's right AND states Responsibility. It seems to be a clear message that he doesn't look to the Federal Government as the answer to everything.

I do not agree with his religion, per say, but I like the idea of a candidate that comes from a faith that teaches self-reliance and preparedness. It is a philosophy of self-responsibility.

How's that?

Last edited by countrygun; 10-09-2012 at 19:24..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:12   #64
Kablam

Quote:
Can you sale me your candidate without referencing Obama or is he such a terrible candidate that when viewed by himself, he looks just as bad as Obama?
Why do you keep trying to get people to convince you of why they want to vote for Romney? You have made up your mind and now continue to denegrate those that have done the same. The choice is between the guy that's in and somebody else. Why do you insist that people make the decision without considering all the options? It's a really childish line of thinking. Most thinking people compare the candidates and make a choice. Voting against something is viable when one thinks that is the best reason to choose.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:17   #65
jaws48

To the OP----GET OVER IT!

A vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama...if that's who you want in office for another 4 years appointing another 2 or 3 Supreme Court justices, go for it! How does Justice Holder or Justice Janet Napolitano or some other similarly left leaning asshat sound to you?
Old 10-09-2012, 19:19   #66
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
Why do you keep trying to get people to convince you of why they want to vote for Romney? You have made up your mind and now continue to denegrate those that have done the same. The choice is between the guy that's in and somebody else. Why do you insist that people make the decision without considering all the options? It's a really childish line of thinking. Most thinking people compare the candidates and make a choice. Voting against something is viable when one thinks that is the best reason to choose.
I played along or the heck of it, but you are right. Some people do not really like the idea of a two-party system, and do not like the idea of comparing and figuring out which of two is better. they want everyone to vote individually.....that way we can elect a President with a 10% plurality and their low-draw whacko candidates will have a chance. Of course the thought of a President coming from a 10% voter base scares me, as do supporters of the idea.

Last edited by countrygun; 10-09-2012 at 19:46..
Old 10-09-2012, 19:21   #67
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
if anyone has a chance at fixing this totally jacked up economy, romney is your best shot. he is a numbers guy. ryan is as well. we need that to stand any chance at getting out of this in one piece.
but how exactly does he plan on doing this? Romney is a good business man, no doubt; but most used car salesmen are good business men too, successful business tends to be telling someone what they want to hear and then doing what benefits you the most.

So far Romney has given contradicting viewpoints on just about every major issue. I'm not sure if he has flip-flopped on abortion yet; but taxes, foreign policy, social policy, the economy, obamacare... he has offered several viewpoints throughout the election season, there is very little consistency in what he has said from day one.

The Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 19:21   #68
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Funny, Romney was not my first choice in the primaries. In fact, I was staunchly opposed to Romney. I have also voted for 3rd party candidate in the past. With all that said, I was capable of analyzing my options and making my own decision without begging others to "show me".
I'm not begging, I am hoping that people will look at their candidate objectively instead of subjectively. I feel that it is honestly one of the few ways that we will ever see a better candidate come about.

Old 10-09-2012, 19:23   #69
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
I'm not begging, I am hoping that people will look at their candidate objectively instead of subjectively. I feel that it is honestly one of the few ways that we will ever see a better candidate come about.
Ahh...I see. So you're arrogant. You believe that people are incapable of making up their own minds and that they somehow require your coaching.

Old 10-09-2012, 19:30   #70
countrygun

Quote:
but how exactly does he plan on doing this? Romney is a good business man, no doubt; but most used car salesmen are good business men too, successful business tends to be telling someone what they want to hear and then doing what benefits you the most.

The limitations of your experience is showing here.

what do you expect from a used car dealer? As a customer your expectations are different from his employer. A president is employed by the voters. If he has a reputation for doing good work for hiis employers in the past, I take it as a good sign.

Your attempt to use business experience as a negative thing is very telling about your real agenda.

Why do you hate capitalism?
Old 10-09-2012, 19:41   #71
The Maggy

Quote:
Ahh...I see. So you're arrogant. You believe that people are incapable of making up their own minds and that they somehow require your coaching.
not really arrogant, I just don't get caught up in the "Us or Them" mentality that seems to be growing with every election.

Arrogance, to me, is repeatedly telling someone that they are obligated to vote for a chosen party or candidate, no other options, and the constant berating of anyone that attempts to discuss the ideas or viewpoints of a third party candidate.

I am tired of "vote for the lesser of two evils because the country is going to end if I don't!" Bush/Clinton, Clinton/Dole, Bush/Gore, Bush/Kerry, Obama/McCain, and now Obama/Romney and now if I elect Romney the republicans promise to put up a better candidate after Romney is out? Not likely, electing Romney moves the Republicans another couple of steps to the left.

Old 10-09-2012, 19:44   #72
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
not really arrogant, I just don't get caught up in the "Us or Them" mentality that seems to be growing with every election.

Arrogance, to me, is repeatedly telling someone that they are obligated to vote for a chosen party or candidate, no other options, and the constant berating of anyone that attempts to discuss the ideas or viewpoints of a third party candidate.

I am tired of "vote for the lesser of two evils because the country is going to end if I don't!" Bush/Clinton, Clinton/Dole, Bush/Gore, Bush/Kerry, Obama/McCain, and now Obama/Romney and now if I elect Romney the republicans promise to put up a better candidate after Romney is out? Not likely, electing Romney moves the Republicans another couple of steps to the left.
No, you may not like the label but you're arrogant. You're presuming that people are incapable of making up their own minds using what you deem to be the right criteria without your guidance. That's arrogant.

Old 10-09-2012, 20:04   #73
chickenwing

Quote:

Well said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:06   #74
countrygun

Quote:
No, you may not like the label but you're arrogant. You're presuming that people are incapable of making up their own minds using what you deem to be the right criteria without your guidance. That's arrogant.
Well said!
Old 10-09-2012, 20:12   #75
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
A president is employed by the voters. If he has a reputation for doing good work for hiis employers in the past, I take it as a good sign.
It's so cute that you believe he'd think of the voters as his employers and not the folks who bought him.

Run Forest run!

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:19   #76
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
It's so cute that you believe he'd think of the voters as his employers and not the folks who bought him.

Run Forest run!

I am a cynic by nature, but I am not so cynnical that I don't believe you are really the twit you present yourself as.
Old 10-09-2012, 20:32   #77
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
A president is employed by the voters.
The only two candidates you can see past your blinders are both employed by Goldman Sachs. The voters don't factor into their decisions, once in office. You work to provide them with income. Other than that, you're nothing to them.
Old 10-09-2012, 20:37   #78
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
You work to provide them with income. Other than that, you're nothing to them.
As an independent registered and likely voter in a swing state, I mean far more to them than you do.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:38   #79
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
The only two candidates you can see past your blinders are both employed by Goldman Sachs. The voters don't factor into their decisions, once in office. You work to provide them with income. Other than that, you're nothing to them.

Well since the OP asked a question and I answered.

The OP isn't bothering to respond themself to my answer I guess I should expect one of the petty flaks to chime in.

BTW how are the polls showing the third party candidates doing? It's a pity that it takes voters to get elected, isn't it?

Last edited by countrygun; 10-09-2012 at 20:39..
Old 10-09-2012, 21:01   #80
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
As an independent registered and likely voter in a swing state, I mean far more to them than you do.
So exactly what kind of power do you think you wield? Both of your choices share the same stance on every important domestic and foreign policy issue. Regardless of which empty suit wins, your role is limited to that of tax livestock.