GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 15:42   #51
JW1178
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,985
Why do people think that BHO was off his game last debate? Go look at it again, he came out swinging. That wasn't the issue. The issue was that he ran into someone who could actually debate and really wants to beat him. Any mediocre fighter looks like a total beast when fighting an amature. Kind of like Mike Tyson. People thought he was this unstoppable beast until he met someone who could actually stop him. Lets see, who was Obama's most fierce competitor? Hillary Clinton was probably it.

Will Obama bring it? Yes, but I don't think Obama has it to bring. I often wonder if Obama is so confident that he thinks these debates don't matter. He is confident to the point of arrogance. I think he thinks that the media has his back and promise of handouts and stealing from the rich as well as the minority vote will get him in office. He might be right, but he could be wrong.

I also think Romney (if he wins) will be a much better president than people expect as well. Face it, Reagan was a Democrat, a liberal actor, that switched parties because he was anti-communists. I was too young back then, but I know of a lot of people who were old enough back then and they said a lot of people said that Reagan was a plant from the Democrats to ensure that they got the election and could be tough on the USSR without being held responsible.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:46   #52
Michael Rye
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 994
If it is primarily a foreign policy debate, even if BHO is better prepared, he still really has nothing to offer. I suspect Mitt is going to make the Pres look like the true incompetent he is.
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:54   #53
ignantmike
Senior Member
 
ignantmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
The "Obama Phone" program was implemented under a GOP president.
.........
__________________
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 16:03   #54
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley
 
tsmo1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,255


The subject matter is going to kill Obama in the next debate. The only topic where Obama is weaker than domestic economics and taxes is foreign policy.

The Libya debacle ALONE gives Romney enough ammo to crucify OBH, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

1) Benghazi attack and the resultant 2 week cover-up during which the Administration repeatedly claimed it was just a riot gone wrong when in fact they had been informed within 24 hours that it was a coordinated terrorist attack.

2) Fast and Furious

3) The distinct deterioration of American influence throughout the Middle East and the utter failure of Obama's 'apology tour' throughout the region as well as his "lead from the rear" approach to the 'Arab Spring'.

4) The near re-ignition of a Cold War with Russia.

5) President's decision NOT to support Democracy protesters in Iran.

Obama can bring his "A" game, but he doesn't have anything positive under his belt except the killing of OBL, and even that has controversy around it as his role is openly disputed by many of the Navy SEALS and intelligence officers involved.
__________________
Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you. - Benjamin Franklin
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 18:50   #55
Glock&KimberLady
Booyah!
 
Glock&KimberLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Glassing Yer Eyeball, ID
Posts: 10,861


Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
Why do people think that BHO was off his game last debate? Go look at it again, he came out swinging. That wasn't the issue. The issue was that he ran into someone who could actually debate and really wants to beat him. Any mediocre fighter looks like a total beast when fighting an amature. Kind of like Mike Tyson. People thought he was this unstoppable beast until he met someone who could actually stop him. Lets see, who was Obama's most fierce competitor? Hillary Clinton was probably it.

Will Obama bring it? Yes, but I don't think Obama has it to bring. I often wonder if Obama is so confident that he thinks these debates don't matter. He is confident to the point of arrogance. I think he thinks that the media has his back and promise of handouts and stealing from the rich as well as the minority vote will get him in office. He might be right, but he could be wrong.

I also think Romney (if he wins) will be a much better president than people expect as well. Face it, Reagan was a Democrat, a liberal actor, that switched parties because he was anti-communists. I was too young back then, but I know of a lot of people who were old enough back then and they said a lot of people said that Reagan was a plant from the Democrats to ensure that they got the election and could be tough on the USSR without being held responsible.
Erhm...what debate were you watching?

Swinging? Obama came mouthing platitudes and looking, by turns, smug and then increasingly irritated. After about three questions, Mr. GKL and I looked at each other and said, "Is he gonna ANSWER the question?" Tell all the stories you want about your grandma, if it's not relevant to the question at hand, it looks like you're out of your depth...and he clearly was.

He essentially spent that debate looking like a chastened teenager who got caught stealing twenty bucks out of his dad's wallet. I was embarrassed for the man, and that says a lot.

At one point, I wondered where Obama's arrogant pompous chin flick he's perfected went. Usually he uses that when he's attempting to look Presidential, and it was nowhere in evidence. Probably because he was getting his ass handed to him by his competitor. Jesus, even Obama's OWN PARTY admitted he looked like crap up there!

With the chaos going on today, as tsmo so eloquently put it point-by-point, even with a sympathetic moderator and hand-picked questioners, the next debate will be similarly flat, uninspiring, and painful.

However, the VP debate will be an absolute laugh riot, and I'm looking forward to THAT with great anticipation. Ryan is a bull mastiff in chinos and he's going to woodchipper up poor Front Porch Joe.
__________________
I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at the door of death.
Glock&KimberLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:20   #56
briarpatch
Senior Member
 
briarpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 481
I am nervous about the debates between Ryan and joe, Mitt and the o. If Ryan starts throwing out a bunch of numbers Joe will take the cake and go home. This is not the first debate for joe and the repubs would be wise to adress the debates as such.
Mitt will have to restrain his ego also, I dont think the left will let their grand puppet take a beating like he did last time. It would not supprize me if the o dont have the questions already and the answers and zingers are being stomped into his head and that 65 million that watched will increase by a big amount, my opinion.
I hope Mitt and Ryan approch this debate like it is their first one and there are a lot of unknowns.
briarpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:23   #57
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignantmike View Post
.........
Yep, he's right. Reagan. Of course it was not called the Obama Phone program, but heh...I'd name **** after myself too.
__________________
But the rest of you, especially the rest of you under 30, wake up. The day is approaching where the media will redefine what is right or meaningful, redefine you as meaningless...And you'll believe it.
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 20:49   #58
briarpatch
Senior Member
 
briarpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 481
Another thing to remember, with everyone thinking Ryan is going to eat joe, Ryan can be a good debater but if its not an absolute knock out with joe on the floor screaming uncle. joe wins. All he has to do is stand and grin, say very little. He wins.
joes side is probably estatic.
briarpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:31   #59
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic
 
Diesel McBadass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,836
im gonna get some beer and wings and thouroughly enjoy vp debate
__________________
Rest In Peace Silent_Runner.
Diesel McBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 22:17   #60
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Yep, he's right. Reagan. Of course it was not called the Obama Phone program, but heh...I'd name **** after myself too.
And the current cellphone program was implemented in 2008 while Bush was president.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:36   #61
Glock_Convert
Senior Member
 
Glock_Convert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
And the current cellphone program was implemented in 2008 while Bush was president.
Clinton expanded the lifeline program to include cellphones in 1996. That seems huge increase in expense without a significant corresponding benefit. The pupose of the lifeline program was to give poor people access to a phone for job hunting purposes. You don't need a cell phone for that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Glock_Convert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40   #62
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,816
I would expect an aggressive attack dog style from Biden. He will attack Romney via Ryan. He will basically be testing the waters for the next presidential debate. Probe the enemy's defenses, see how they respond, see the effects in the polls, and then adjust for the last presidential debate.

From Ryan, I expect he will handle the aggressive attacks in the same manner that he handled Debbie W-S.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15   #63
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock_Convert View Post
Clinton expanded the lifeline program to include cellphones in 1996. That seems huge increase in expense without a significant corresponding benefit. The pupose of the lifeline program was to give poor people access to a phone for job hunting purposes. You don't need a cell phone for that.
I think the current provider is Safelink Wireless, a subdivision of TracFone which was passed under Bush.

Quote:
In April 2008, the FCC approved TracFone as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC) to provide Lifeline Service in 11 states. Subsequently, TracFone has been approved in an additional 9 states and is currently providing service in 19 states. Today, there are over 1,700 ETCís providing Lifeline service throughout the United States.
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/obama-phone.shtml
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21   #64
dango
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,547
Our whole gub'mint couldn't even organize my closet let alone fix anything . Blind faith and huge let downs either way......!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:50   #65
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 14,389
Obama should do well because of the town hall format... plus I suspect the questioners will be rigged for Obama, just you watch (the moderator certainly is... but what else is new?)
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:47.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 909
194 Members
715 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42