Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:40   #1
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Fair share? Fine- How's THIS for FAIR SHARE?!?

".. the top ten percent of income earners in the United States pay in federal income taxes as opposed to any other industrialized nation in the world.

According to Moore, these earners pay almost half (45 percent) of the country's total taxes. This conclusion flies in the face of the liberal concept that top earners in the U.S. are not paying their "fair share" in taxes."

Read more: PICKET: New book shows U.S. top earners pay larger share of taxes than any other industrialized nation - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz28tpRxK9M
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Last edited by Skyhook; 10-10-2012 at 06:43..
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20   #2
Brucev

So what? They pay. Fine. A progressive tax structure works like that. Apply it to all "persons," including those fine "corporate person." Tax them up the wazo rather than letting them get a free ride. Tax them till the wingtippers can no longer have their bonuses. Tax them till they are out of business... or until than actually do real capital investment and real job creation in the U.S.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48   #3
Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
So what? They pay. Fine. A progressive tax structure works like that. Apply it to all "persons," including those fine "corporate person." Tax them up the wazo rather than letting them get a free ride. Tax them till the wingtippers can no longer have their bonuses. Tax them till they are out of business... or until than actually do real capital investment and real job creation in the U.S.
You're serious, right?

How do you feel about 50% of the population contributing nothing? Is that fair?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:57   #4
valvestem

My thoughts are a flat tax, on everyone, no exceptions, and if you do not work, you do not get a say (vote). By do not work, I mean freeloaders, who should and can work, but choose not to.
valvestem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04   #5
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

'Fair share' means 'you pay' ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06   #6
beforeobamabans
FYPM

I am aware of a company that does $12 billion per year of sales in the US. Because of a major warranty problem a decade ago, they have not paid one dollar in federal income taxes due to the Loss Carry Forward provision of the tax code. With the LCF consumed, they will begin paying 35% next year. Two extremes, eh? If Romney can eliminate this "loophole" then lower the corporate rate to 25%, that seems a good compromise to me and provides an excellent example of his model generating more income for the Treasury.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07   #7
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
You're serious, right?

It's been that way for decades.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19   #8
Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post

So, the present system is historically unfair?

Ok.

What ever happened to 'Nobody rides for free'?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24   #9
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

We didn't even cross the 40% threshold until the Obama regime; 42% in 2009, 41% in 2010.

Political Issues

http://taxfoundation.org/article/put...eturns-chart-6
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25   #10
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
So, the present system is historically unfair?

Ok.

What ever happened to 'Nobody rides for free'?
It simply wasn't well known how unfair it was until recently, because of media complicity.

The damn-nocrats are fine with it, and the republi-can'ts didn't want to have to do anything about it ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37   #11
Skyhook

Folks the excellent input here has me thinking when Obama says "fair share" he must be talking some kind of code.

To whom is he speaking that code, huh?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41   #12
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:

So was slavery.
That didn't mean it was right.
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45   #13
nursetim

Corporations don't pay taxes, they pass it unto the consumer of whatever product. Can't afford a vacation? Thank corp. taxes. Food cost skyrocketing, than corp. taxes. Want to see phenomenal growth in GDP, do away with corp. taxes and make our country attractive to foreign investment and business.

I turned down an opportunity recently to start my own practice. The thing that stopped me was the hostile business environment. Are others starting and running successful businesses in the hostile environment? You bet. I just do not have the confidence to do so.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:31   #14
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Not exactly a smashing rebuttal there.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58   #15
countrygun

Quote:
"From those with the greatest ability, to those with the greatest need"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:34   #16
Bruce H

Quote:

Let me guess, you have an MBA. Is it from Harvard because all of theirs don't have a clue.
Old 10-10-2012, 17:46   #17
podwich

Quote:
Wow. You really are evil.

Cool that is not.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:47   #18
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Let me guess, you have an MBA. Is it from Harvard because all of theirs don't have a clue.
Sounds more like the University of Havana. Wonder who signed his sheepskin...Raul, or Fidel?
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:50   #19
Chronos

IMO, brains are not "paying their fair share" of resources to the cancerous tumor in the lungs.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 20:19   #20
Brucev

Quote:
You're serious, right?

"Feel?" Feeling hasn't got anything to do with it>

"Fair?" Even those who spout about the "fair tax" are careful to stipulate a floor for income. So... why is it fair to have a floor for the fair tax but, surprise... to not tax the income of poor people is an outrageous affront to the twits who get their shorts in a wad about such things... but have absolutely no problem with those (people and those faux corporate persons) who park their money off-short to dodge paying taxes?
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote