SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 21:59   #41
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by njl View Post
I suspect, if you managed to partially insert a LP into a SP pocket, you could remove such a piece of brass this way. I'm not volunteering to try it.
It's just not possible, they don't fit. Push on the handle, feel resistance, stop & find out why, simple. It doesn't take much force to seat a primer.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:32   #42
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
It's just not possible, they don't fit. Push on the handle, feel resistance, stop & find out why, simple. It doesn't take much force to seat a primer.
Exactly! When I feel the extra resistance jamming the press (Dillon) I stop pushing! Remove the sp brass and continue. It happens and I move on. I don't see a problem.
You can "Hope for Change" but the manufacture of sp 45ACP is not going away.
judgecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09   #43
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Reloading
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:13   #44
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Couple things from another thread on this subject that just deserve to be quoted here:

Quote:
Disgusting God hating freaks... Pretty soon, they'll be clamorin' to be able to get married to each other.
-El_Ron1

Reloading
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32   #45
Colorado4Wheel

That is funny.
Old 10-10-2012, 13:19   #46
fredj338

Well, the guys that like small primers probably like girls w/ small hands for the same reason?????
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 10-10-2012 at 13:19..
Old 10-10-2012, 13:50   #47
DoctaGlockta

SP 45acp just seems so unAmerican to me.

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 15:13   #48
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Not to late for write-ins, guys. This will be the leading part of my plan to rebuild America.

ZS 2012!

Reloading
Old 10-10-2012, 15:43   #49
dkf

Quote:
Well, the guys that like small primers probably like girls w/ small hands for the same reason?????
Girls with small hands usually do not have adams apples.

Don't worry I won't judge you for liking the large handed "girls" Fred.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:57   #50
tkglazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
There are some cases, like S&B, where the primer pocket is very tight. The difference in force between seating a primer in a tight pocket and popping one against a SP case is not all that much.

For me, it has happened twice. It's pretty certain that it will happen for others.

I wonder if the fact that I use Federal primers has anything to do with it. They are reputed to be more sensitive than other brands such as CCI.

Richard
I also have some issues with S&B cases (although only their 9mm cases) and I am a federal primer man. I am willing to put up with the inconvenience for the sake of using the most reliable primer on the market
tkglazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:59   #51
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Girls with small hands usually do not have adams apples.

Don't worry I won't judge you for liking the large handed "girls" Fred.
Snap!!
Old 10-10-2012, 18:04   #52
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
There are some cases, like S&B, where the primer pocket is very tight. The difference in force between seating a primer in a tight pocket and popping one against a SP case is not all that much.
One of many reasons you should sort your brass by headstamp and load one type of brass at a time. If it feels different, you know there's a problem.

The few times I've loaded mixed brass, it's been really disconcerting with some primers practically falling into the pockets and others needing to be seriously mashed in to fully seat.
Old 10-10-2012, 18:08   #53
fredj338

Quote:
One of many reasons you should sort your brass by headstamp and load one type of brass at a time. If it feels different, you know there's a problem.

The few times I've loaded mixed brass, it's been really disconcerting with some primers practically falling into the pockets and others needing to be seriously mashed in to fully seat.
Who really does this though? I never sort handgun brass, unless it's for hunting loads in my 44mags. There just isn't much diff for me to sort for shooting out to 25yds, any caliber.
Old 10-10-2012, 18:13   #54
unclebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Not to late for write-ins, guys. This will be the leading part of my plan to rebuild America.

ZS 2012!

Reloading
Any vote other than Romney is a vote for the snake in the grass Obama. 4 more years of him in which he will appoint 2 or 3 very Liberal Supreme Court Judges. So can we really afford to vote for anyone else?
GSSF Life Member
Old 10-10-2012, 18:15   #55
Hoser
Mall Ninja

Quote:
The most beautiful woman in Thailand is a dude.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:40   #56
njl

Quote:
Who really does this though? I never sort handgun brass, unless it's for hunting loads in my 44mags. There just isn't much diff for me to sort for shooting out to 25yds, any caliber.
For 9mm, I always sort...though sorting means Win, FC, RP all get separate containers. Other headstamps I'll mix certain ones together. There's too much crap brass out there to do blind mixed. For .45acp, I sort my WCC Match brass separately and mix good stuff together and toss bad stuff to a separate bin.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:20   #57
Keoking

I'm so manly and ultra-American, I forge my own 45acp brass with the entire head being a primer pocket, and produce my own XLP primers to fill it. My XLP primers pack more punch than rifle primers. I figure I'm pushing a 230gr bullet at about 3500 feet per second. It makes a sonic boom before it leaves the barrel of my G30. I had to stop using hollow points because the petals sometimes opened up in the middle of the barrel.
Springfield Loaded (Black SS)
Sig P220 Stainless Elite
Keoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:52   #58
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
The most beautiful woman in Thailand is a dude.
I want to know how you & dkf know thses things????
Old 10-10-2012, 23:54   #59
fredj338

Quote:
For 9mm, I always sort...though sorting means Win, FC, RP all get separate containers. Other headstamps I'll mix certain ones together. There's too much crap brass out there to do blind mixed. For .45acp, I sort my WCC Match brass separately and mix good stuff together and toss bad stuff to a separate bin.
I just don't bother w/ service calibers, but then I am never running max loads either. I can't complain, most of my stuff shoots under 2 1/2" @ 25yds from decent guns, even a couple Glocks.

Last edited by fredj338; 10-10-2012 at 23:54..
Old 10-11-2012, 00:35   #60
sellersm
disciplinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post

ZS 2012!

Reloading
So you're going to do away with SP primers? What else is on your 'platform'?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Prosecute criminals, not guns!
sellersm is offline   Reply With Quote