Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 14:44   #21
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBob View Post
Fire Medic, you may have better luck with the White Sound depressor assembly than I did. My Gen 3 19 ejected BTFs with greater regularity using that part. It even gave me a BTF when inserted into my reliably ejecting 26.

I'm sending the White Sound back to Glockparts and exchanging it for a 40cal extractor.
I would appreciate if you kept me updated here in this thread. I had read about your results, but I'm just experimenting to see what might work with "my"gun. I am really disappointed that the extractor from Glock was another dipped one, but oh well. Especially since another member today received one in the mail and it was a non dipped version.

Hopefully the one from glock parts is not the dipped one and it works for me.

IF not then the gun will go back to Glock (reluctantly) and I will see what they have to offer. I am simply trying to eliminate all the variables before sending it in, so that once it goes it's gone, and either they fix it, or send me a gun that works properly. Not send me my gun back with a note that says it's fine when it's not.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:46   #22
JBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by molar View Post
My 19 had problems from the start, but I too, find it interesting that some guns don't develop the problem until a few thousand rounds are through the gun. One thing I found odd was that the spring loaded bearing and spring was a few mm shorter in my 19 than the one found in my 17. The odd part is that my 19 only had 500 rounds through it while the 17 has several thousand. I wonder if some of the EDP springs are defective and compress under load earlier. I know this would cause a loss of extractor tension, but what effect would it have on ejection and extraction?
I have never been happy with the weight of the factory EDP spring. Before White Sound Defense started making heavy duty SST springs available we would make small spacer rings from brass tube that slipped over the bearing and caused the spring to compress a bit more. You may want to try the HD spring in combination with your Apex and see if that gets rid of your stove pipes or try your longer spring before you spend money on a WSD spring.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:49   #23
mad220860

And this is why I choose my glock 22 in gen 3!! Dont fix what aint broken.
mad220860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:58   #24
molar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS View Post
I have never been happy with the weight of the factory EDP spring. Before White Sound Defense started making heavy duty SST springs available we would make small spacer rings from brass tube that slipped over the bearing and caused the spring to compress a bit more. You may want to try the HD spring in combination with your Apex and see if that gets rid of your stove pipes or try your longer spring before you spend money on a WSD spring.
Oh, I have lots of combinations to try out this Friday

1.) Apex extractor and non lci SLB
2) Modified OEM extractor
3) Cast non lci extractor and SLB from known good G26
4)Non-dip lci extractor and SLB from known good G17
5) Cast non lci extractor and SLB from Gen 2 22
molar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 15:06   #25
voyager4520
-----

My Gen3 G27, NRR prefix ejected fine at first but at 200 rounds I and a relative noticed some spent casings going over my head. I thought nothing of it and just kept shooting until 300 when some were going straight up in the air then landing back on my arms or on the top of the slide. Then I inspected the spent casings and saw a big dent/scrape at the case mouths with corresponding brass dust and smearing on the lower ejection port of the slide. I tried different ammo, same results. I had kept some of the first spent casings fired through this gun and they did not have the dent/scrape. Once the ejection problem started, 98% of the spent casings had the dent/scrape at the case mouth and about 10% were either ejecting over my head or straight up in the air. The dents/scrapes at the case mouths are similar to my Paint drawing below:
General Glocking

My extractor was of the "MIM" flat top type and the claw became jagged, this must be really soft metal. I tried the extractor from my G23 which ejects fine(it's an older investment cast extractor), it eliminated most of the straight up ejections but not all, but it did not change the percentage of erratic ejections or casings with the dent/scrape. I tried a non-LCI 15 degree .40 extractor(also investment cast) with non-LCI SLB that I found in a local gun store, I had the same results as with my G23 extractor. I also tried a LWD .40 extractor which I later discovered to be a 9mm extractor, it of course made ejections much worse with some casings actually going downrange and to the left or over my left shoulder. I tried a new RSA, a new trigger housing w/1882 ejector, and they made no difference. I tried an HRED .40 EDP assembly, it made ejections more forceful but did not change how erratic they were.

I was considering reprofiling the 1882 ejector as JBarbaresi had successfully done to his 336 ejector with a rearward and slightly offset to the right angle to the face of the ejector when Glock released the new "Gen4" ejectors. I decided to wait and I'm glad I did. Before the new ejectors were available in the newest Gen4 trigger housings, another member of this forum tried a .40 28926 ejector in one of his guns and it made no difference, so he sent it to me. I removed the 1882 ejector from my Gen3 trigger housing and inserted the 28926 ejector. It fixed the ejection problem, I also used the non-LCI extractor as a replacement because I didn't trust the "MIM" one. All casings now eject to the right between 3 o'clock and 5 o'clock and there are no more dents/scrapes at the case mouths. There is a tiny scrape midway down the length of 50% of the casings as shown below in my Paint drawing:
General Glocking

I forgot to mention, with the 1882 ejector I compared some spent casings from my G23 and G27. The ejector marking on the 23 casings was low and left as it should be, but they were middle to high left on the 27 casings and sometimes the ejector even gouged the edge of the primer. The 28926 ejector leaves no marking that I can detect. I also noticed some pretty severe scoring of the muzzle end of the EDP, it seems to be rubbing against the opening in the slide pretty hard. My G23 EDP does not have such severe wear. I did not notice that wear on the HRED EDP but I only shot 100 rounds with it.

Last edited by voyager4520; 10-10-2012 at 15:15..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 15:28   #26
di11igaf
ibew

Fire medic I had a similar issue. Gen 3 19 -syl 03/12 date, noticed within the first few hundred rounds it had a serious BTF issue, if not BTF it would eject left/and or forward, then it started stove piping. Tried a crap-ton of ammo, good hot SD ammo, cheap range stuff, 124 NATO, etc. Noticed with hotter stuff it ejected straight back with a lot more force. Sent gun in, was returned with a non-dip #2 extractor. Was a little better the first time out- put 400-500 rounds through it, functioned 100%, still threw some back, but no left ejection or stovepipes. 2nd weekend out, another 400-500 through it, I was back to square one. Back/left ejection and 2 stovepipes with 124gr NATO.
Finally got tired of messing with it, traded for a new 08/12 tty gen 4. Its only got a little less than a thousand through it, but so far its been pretty good. Mostly right ejection, no stovepipes, but I've been doing all kinds of tests with it with ammo etc and its been OK. Keeping a close eye on it and will keep testing.
The only thing that makes sense to me is glock has some slides so out of spec one way or another there is no definite fix, otherwise I'd think they would have released a fix all extractor but they haven't, probably cause they can't since the tolerance could be off in one direction or the other.(I could be way off, just a guess)
I know one thing, if I wanted a gun i have to mess with for 100% reliability, I'd get another 1911. Sad part is, my 1911 (or any other gun I own for that matter) has been far more reliable than my gen 3 19 ever was. It throws brass to the right every time and has NEVER failed to go bang. Could not say the same for my last glock. Hopefully my current gen 4 stays OK and don't start acting up.

Last edited by di11igaf; 10-10-2012 at 15:29..
di11igaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 15:42   #27
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by di11igaf View Post
Fire medic I had a similar issue. Gen 3 19 -syl 03/12 date, noticed within the first few hundred rounds it had a serious BTF issue, if not BTF it would eject left/and or forward, then it started stove piping. Tried a crap-ton of ammo, good hot SD ammo, cheap range stuff, 124 NATO, etc. Noticed with hotter stuff it ejected straight back with a lot more force. Sent gun in, was returned with a non-dip #2 extractor. Was a little better the first time out- put 400-500 rounds through it, functioned 100%, still threw some back, but no left ejection or stovepipes. 2nd weekend out, another 400-500 through it, I was back to square one. Back/left ejection and 2 stovepipes with 124gr NATO.
Finally got tired of messing with it, traded for a new 08/12 tty gen 4. Its only got a little less than a thousand through it, but so far its been pretty good. Mostly right ejection, no stovepipes, but I've been doing all kinds of tests with it with ammo etc and its been OK. Keeping a close eye on it and will keep testing.
The only thing that makes sense to me is glock has some slides so out of spec one way or another there is no definite fix, otherwise I'd think they would have released a fix all extractor but they haven't, probably cause they can't since the tolerance could be off in one direction or the other.(I could be way off, just a guess)
I know one thing, if I wanted a gun i have to mess with for 100% reliability, I'd get another 1911. Sad part is, my 1911 (or any other gun I own for that matter) has been far more reliable than my gen 3 19 ever was. It throws brass to the right every time and has NEVER failed to go bang. Could not say the same for my last glock. Hopefully my current gen 4 stays OK and don't start acting up.
They date of the spent shells on mine is 03/05/2012. My reloads closely mimmic the 124gr NATO ammo, the weaker ammo for me as well just makes the problem worse, but it's still there with the hotter ammo to include my SD ammo.

We will see what happens.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-10-2012, 16:04   #28
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
I believe you need to pay attention, as clearly the title of the thread escaped you completely, because you're posting in this thread and have a "non problematic" Glock.

I have other Glocks with no issues, so I'm only limp wristing the Gen 4?
You sure do sound like a limp wrister to me. I believe YOU need to pay attention to your own post. You are the first one on this thread to get the dreaded panty knot
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:08   #29
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
I'm not even going to entertain anymore of your responses man.....

Your gun works, go away to one of threads of the guys with 100 rounds through their "perfect" gun.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, you are not the boss of this thread
Old 10-10-2012, 16:09   #30
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
My Gen3 G27, NRR prefix ejected fine at first but at 200 rounds I and a relative noticed some spent casings going over my head. I thought nothing of it and just kept shooting until 300 when some were going straight up in the air then landing back on my arms or on the top of the slide. Then I inspected the spent casings and saw a big dent/scrape at the case mouths with corresponding brass dust and smearing on the lower ejection port of the slide. I tried different ammo, same results. I had kept some of the first spent casings fired through this gun and they did not have the dent/scrape. Once the ejection problem started, 98% of the spent casings had the dent/scrape at the case mouth and about 10% were either ejecting over my head or straight up in the air. The dents/scrapes at the case mouths are similar to my Paint drawing below:
General Glocking

My extractor was of the "MIM" flat top type and the claw became jagged, this must be really soft metal. I tried the extractor from my G23 which ejects fine(it's an older investment cast extractor), it eliminated most of the straight up ejections but not all, but it did not change the percentage of erratic ejections or casings with the dent/scrape. I tried a non-LCI 15 degree .40 extractor(also investment cast) with non-LCI SLB that I found in a local gun store, I had the same results as with my G23 extractor. I also tried a LWD .40 extractor which I later discovered to be a 9mm extractor, it of course made ejections much worse with some casings actually going downrange and to the left or over my left shoulder. I tried a new RSA, a new trigger housing w/1882 ejector, and they made no difference. I tried an HRED .40 EDP assembly, it made ejections more forceful but did not change how erratic they were.

I was considering reprofiling the 1882 ejector as JBarbaresi had successfully done to his 336 ejector with a rearward and slightly offset to the right angle to the face of the ejector when Glock released the new "Gen4" ejectors. I decided to wait and I'm glad I did. Before the new ejectors were available in the newest Gen4 trigger housings, another member of this forum tried a .40 28926 ejector in one of his guns and it made no difference, so he sent it to me. I removed the 1882 ejector from my Gen3 trigger housing and inserted the 28926 ejector. It fixed the ejection problem, I also used the non-LCI extractor as a replacement because I didn't trust the "MIM" one. All casings now eject to the right between 3 o'clock and 5 o'clock and there are no more dents/scrapes at the case mouths. There is a tiny scrape midway down the length of 50% of the casings as shown below in my Paint drawing:
General Glocking

I forgot to mention, with the 1882 ejector I compared some spent casings from my G23 and G27. The ejector marking on the 23 casings was low and left as it should be, but they were middle to high left on the 27 casings and sometimes the ejector even gouged the edge of the primer. The 28926 ejector leaves no marking that I can detect. I also noticed some pretty severe scoring of the muzzle end of the EDP, it seems to be rubbing against the opening in the slide pretty hard. My G23 EDP does not have such severe wear. I did not notice that wear on the HRED EDP but I only shot 100 rounds with it.
Very informative post voyager, thanks for contributing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-10-2012, 16:12   #31
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
You sure do sound like a limp wrister to me. I believe YOU need to pay attention to your own post. You are the first one on this thread to get the dreaded panty knot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, you are not the boss of this thread
Dude,.....go back to your XBox, the adults are having a discussion.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:37   #32
molar

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
It is Fall break at most schools in TN right now
Old 10-10-2012, 16:44   #33
9mmdude

Fire_Medic,

Keep your chin up. Hopefully you will get it running right. I appreciate you starting this thread. The use stronger ammo crowd, limp wristing etc. is getting old.

My Gen4 17 went back to Glock at 1500 rounds and had the ejector replaced. I got it back and fired 300 rounds through it and the issue was resolved or so I thought. I went out today for another 200 rounds and I had a stove pipe. Exactly the same type I had between 1000 and 1500 rounds.

The good news is the brass to the face issue was resolved with the ejector. Glock needs to swallow some pride and go back to what they were doing right. Something worked up until 2009 or 2010 and whatever THEY changed, they need to change back. It is that simple.
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:45   #34
dhgeyer

I've covered this all pretty extensively in another thread, so I'll just summarize for those not familiar with that thread. Glock 19 Gen 4, tested June 2012, came with 0-4-3 RSA, 30274 ejector, dip extractor. Just shy of 900 rounds now. Never jammed, but ejection was erratic from the start, including BTF with low power loads. Noticed wear on the extractor depressor plunger and the spring loaded bearing. Made one of each myself. Didn't help, but did stop the wear. Put in White Sound Defense extra power extractor depressor plunger spring. Didn't solve it. Put in Lone Wolf Distributors extractor. No change. Tried reconfiguring one of the new non-dip extractors into a non-LCI extractor. No change. Put in stock non-dip extractor. Now it seems to be all good. Ejects like my other nines. Even ejects normally with the magazine removed. Hope it stays fixed.
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:01   #35
t4terrific

Send it back and get a new one. I'm sick of you posting hundreds of times about something not working just right. You got a bad one. Move on and stop beating everyone else up because we get sick of your repetitious complaing. Complain to the people at fault. Not us. You aren't much of an "armorer" if you can't fix it yourself anyway.

Last edited by t4terrific; 10-10-2012 at 17:03..
t4terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:09   #36
molar

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
Send it back and get a new one. I'm sick of you posting hundreds of times about something not working just right. You got a bad one. Move on and stop beating everyone else up because we get sick of your repetitious complaing. Complain to the people at fault. Not us. You aren't much of an "armorer" if you can't fix it yourself anyway.
You wanna buy him a new slide? Cause that is what I think it will take to truly correct his gun.
Old 10-10-2012, 17:48   #37
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
congratulations you are panty wad number two

Last edited by tnpatriot; 10-10-2012 at 17:50..
Old 10-10-2012, 17:50   #38
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by molar View Post
You wanna buy him a new slide? Cause that is what I think it will take to truly correct his gun.
Why would i buy it? I didn't sell it to him. Glock has proven thousands of times over the last 20+ years that they will make it right. They have replaced many pistols since they opened their doors. Take it up with them and stop making post after post about the same problem.

There. If you're mature enough to listen, i just solved your ejection problems for you. You're welcome.
t4terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:03   #39
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrific View Post
Why would i buy it? I didn't sell it to him. Glock has proven thousands of times over the last 20+ years that they will make it right. They have replaced many pistols since they opened their doors. Take it up with them and stop making post after post about the same problem.

There. If you're mature enough to listen, i just solved your ejection problems for you. You're welcome.
I agree with you. The point I am trying to make by my silly posts is, that some of you that are so quick to be offensive and call others names, are in fact, calling the kettle black. By the way, I am 56 yrs old, lots of life experience. I am as old school as it gets, young men.

Last edited by tnpatriot; 10-10-2012 at 18:07..
Old 10-10-2012, 18:24   #40
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
I have posted way less than hundreds of times about my pistol. So I have no clue what your issue is. I'm not beating anyone up about anything, you have somehow been offended that my pistol does not work the way it should, and the way my other Glocks do. This thread was to share information, hence the pictures and the details given, not "complaining", I never once said why can't Glock get this right, or that Glock pistol are garbage, so get over yourself. As for the armorer remark, what does being an armorer have to do with an apparent issue with the manufacturing of parts? I would really like to hear that....

An added note about being an armorer, since you absolutely can't read, what is an armorer to do when the company sends you the same exact replacement parts that already came in the gun, genius?

General Glocking

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 10-10-2012 at 18:36..