SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 17:03   #61
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
it wasn't completely altruistic, we were hoping he would trim the thug population a bit more and next time not just wound them.

I may have been born very late at night and the little plate below my nameplate may read "serving since 7:00 am" but I had a pretty strong idea of at least part of the incentive.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 19:30   #62
MAC702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Chris View Post
...The LEO doesn't know which case he is dealing with until they see the 'card'. A LEO should have the right to ask to see the card. And... a lawful CCW carrier should have no problem politely showing it to them...
Change that to a driver's license, and tell me you're still okay with it.

"It doesn't matter how many people I've killed. What matters is how I get along with the people who are still alive." - Jimmy the Tulip
MAC702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:15   #63
SgtScott31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Disreguarding that the SCOTUS already said just because a person is carrying a firearm doesn't give them the right to stop/questioning by LEO's! I hope FL State has alot of money to give out in the pending lawsuits for wrongful arrest!
I'm assuming you're referring to FL only.
SgtScott31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27   #64
Chris Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
Change that to a driver's license, and tell me you're still okay with it.
The subject under discussion (and which you quoted an excerpt from my post) dealt with whether the subject of the LEOs attention was legally or illegally carrying a concealed weapon. The CCW permit is the instant answer to the LEOs question.

A DL has no bearing on that situation and is meaningless... unless of course, the subject in question is inside a motor vehicle... then it still has no bearing on the legality of carry - only whether the motor vehicle is being operated by one allowed to do so.

I would be just fine with the LEO asking a vehicle driver for their DL, as I am with a LEO asking a CC for their carry permit.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:12   #65
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Strange, any time I've told a cop I was carrying when it came up in conversation they didn't even bat an eye.

Whats that phrase again...tot...totall....totally...circumstances? Pam Bondi is an idiot. Pam Bondi is also not a police officer and our police officers (as long as you stay away from the Southeastern seaboard and out of St Petersburg/Clearwater) are not generally idiots.
I don't know about you, but I have had pretty good experiences regarding LEO's up and down the east coast, whether it's in Florida or not. I have had only one LEO encounter when I was armed(I stopped at a traffic accident) and he said "Thanks for telling me, just don't draw that ****"

Please tell me how the cops on the South Eastern seaboard are idiots.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18   #66
Sharkey

Apparently Bondi is not a fan of the Constitution or current State Law. Her Biases show her to also be a terrible attorney and incapable of upholding the oath she took coming into office. The people of FL should move to remove her from office but my guess is there are too many sheep and not enough sheepdogs.
Old 10-11-2012, 13:05   #67
poodleplumber

Quote:
The people of FL should move to remove her from office but my guess is there are too many sheep and not enough sheepdogs.
Ms. Bondi is a Tea Party favorite and she could, therefore, probably win re-election tomorrow if need be.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote