Old 10-10-2012, 20:11   #226
MtnBiker
NRA Member

Hmmm Let me see.
NY
MD
IL
OH

Yep. Ohio is on the list of states I avoid if I can. That's why.
Old 10-10-2012, 20:52   #227
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
Hmmm Let me see.
NY
MD
IL
OH

Yep. Ohio is on the list of states I avoid if I can. That's why.
Hey, I resemble one of those. Maybe some day we will honor out of state permits, perhaps even the Constitution

Might have to secede from NYC first.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:02   #228
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Here is a link to some guys that don't have to worry about getting their pension. As a suit and tie warrior, look how much savings you got as a tax payer. Was it another gnarly day on your cell phone and computer all day?

http://www.odmp.org/search/year
Grow Up. There are plenty of jobs in the United States that are more hazardous than being a police officer in which the practitioners of those occupations don't ask society to put their safety before the rights of the common man.

I'm all for officer safety, in fact I see it as a priority. But not at the expense of individual liberty. Otherwise, what did those officers work and sacrifice for?
Old 10-10-2012, 21:06   #229
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
Grow Up. There are plenty of jobs in the United States that are more hazardous than being a police officer in which the practitioners of those occupations don't ask society to put their safety before the rights of the common man.

I'm all for officer safety, in fact I see it as a priority. But not at the expense of individual liberty. Otherwise, what did those officers work and sacrifice for?

Sent from my PKE meter.

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 10-10-2012 at 21:06..
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:36   #230
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

Sent from my PKE meter.
I see what you mean... wait a minute, I actually don't because you didn't say anything.
Old 10-10-2012, 21:45   #231
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
Sadly, a lesson to be learned. If it's not asked about, don't volunteer the info. Chances are the officer would not have guessed or asked about it unless it was a major speeding or reckless driving etc.
WTF does "major speeding" have to do with a gun. I see people (and drive) well over 100mph all the time. I promise you probably ZERO have a gun.

How exactly does a cop make a reasonable argument that someone that is "major speeding" extrapolates to having a gun? Maybe he is just a priest late for an appointment with an alter boy?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 22:17   #232
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
WTF does "major speeding" have to do with a gun. I see people (and drive) well over 100mph all the time. I promise you probably ZERO have a gun.

How exactly does a cop make a reasonable argument that someone that is "major speeding" extrapolates to having a gun? Maybe he is just a priest late for an appointment with an alter boy?
He probably just asks. Lots of people are stupid enough to be violating the law AND talk about it.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 22:47   #233
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Here is a link to some guys that don't have to worry about getting their pension. As a suit and tie warrior, look how much savings you got as a tax payer. Was it another gnarly day on your cell phone and computer all day?
Please dont worry. I never intended nor believed that your type would understand the obtuse reference that I was making based upon the post(s) that I commented on.

The post I commented on was making a reference to laws that have been passed that are immoral and not within the values system of the USA.

Here where the two posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
And we all share the blame for allowing the states to assume the power to take such rights from us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I agree. Free Speech is almost gone too.
But trust me, I understand for some people it is all about following orders and not thinking for themselves if something is morally right or wrong, only what is written on a piece of paper and claiming it legal. Many things throughout history have been legal under the laws of a country that is in power at the time, but that does not make them moral nor absolve someone of culpability of immoral actions.

I am not that old, but I suspect that there are people on GT who remember not so long ago in the USA when black people had to ride in the back of the bus. Then along came a black woman named Rosa Parks who refused to move. Soon after, on March 7, 1965 there was Bloody Sunday. Although the acts were “legal” I seriously doubt many would say that they were moral.

Let me ask you, was what happened on Bloody Sunday (March 7, 1965) moral then? Is it moral now? Was is it at time legal?

My comment, as directed to this post is although the OP may have been arrested / charge with something that is "illegal", is moral? If you cannot respond that it is moral (based upon the values we hold as Americans) then the only answer that one can come up with is that at least the person enforcing something immoral got to go home and gets a pension because that is what I have seen on GT they most worry about.

I have yet to see one officer talk about if an action is moral, only that it is "legal" (by their own view of the world).

My opinion is one that cannot separate legal and moral, is simply an order away from being a KZ guard.

Now, in reality, I suspect that most of the blow hards do have some sense of the difference between legal/moral in real life but dont want to admit it. If you dont and simply follow what is legal (orders), then my judgement of you being merely an order away from KZ guard stands.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-10-2012, 23:21   #234
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I have yet to see one officer talk about if an action is moral, only that it is "legal" (by their own view of the world).
That is probably because you lack the ability to actually define immoral by any objective relevant standard. Like many your views of "moral" and "immoral" is defined by your personal likes or dislikes.

Quote:
I am not that old, but I suspect that there are people on GT who remember not so long ago in the USA when black people had to ride in the back of the bus. Then along came a black woman named Rosa Parks who refused to move.
Oh gee, one of the reoccurring favorites of the "Gun Rights crowd". those that lack the intelligence to see there is absolutely no correlation between the civil rights movement and their "gun rights" desires.

To Start with blacks were denied rights due to their race/color. The discriminatory laws applied to just them not others. This is not the case with Gun Laws which apply to everyone regardless of race, religion, or sex.

Quote:
My opinion is one that cannot separate legal and moral, is simply an order away from being a KZ guard.
And you have demonstrated time and time again that your opinions are based on noting more than your own bias in your little anti cop crusade.

Last edited by Dragoon44; 10-10-2012 at 23:22..
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:26   #235
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
2 Points:

I have hunted all my life and have never seen a reason to carry a handgun in the woods or back country. Sure sign of someone who is uncomfortable there or just trying to play make believe.

And. When I carry in a car, the gun is unloaded and packed in a case.

While that may be fine for how you hunt, and where, remember, not all of us sit on our butts in a stand we walked to, 30 min before the sun comes up, overlooking a corn field/deer feeder.

I'm going to guess you've probably never run across a bear while you were packing out that animal you just shot on your backboard.

Or seen glowing eyeballs in the beam of your headlight, as you gut an animal in the dark.

My handgun gets used fairly regularly, both in AK, and when I hunted in MN, and TX.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:27   #236
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

If Dragoon has his duty black powder pistol they gave him when he retired in the car, are antique firearms allowed in Ohio?

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:29   #237
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
If Dragoon has his duty black powder pistol they gave him when he retired in the car, are antique firearms allowed in Ohio?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:31   #238
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

only if he's wearing his cavalry hat.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 10-10-2012, 23:31   #239
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
it's allowed wherever I say it's allowed!!!

Dang Bro I haven't seen you in ages! thought they finally caught up with you and put you in the looney bin where you belong!

Old 10-10-2012, 23:34   #240
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
That is probably because you lack the ability to actually define immoral by any objective relevant standard. Like many your views of "moral" and "immoral" is defined by your personal likes or dislikes.
Said the KZ guard...

Quote:
Oh gee, one of the reoccurring favorites of the "Gun Rights crowd". those that lack the intelligence to see there is absolutely no correlation between the civil rights movement and their "gun rights" desires.
Yes. No one is as smart as you. We are all idiots.

I suspect you took a job as cop because you lacked the intelligence to get a better job. Shall we continue the insults that you started or will go go cry to Russ???

[quote=Dragoon44;19505966]To Start with blacks were denied rights due to their race/color. The discriminatory laws applied to just them not others. This is not the case with Gun Laws which apply to everyone regardless of race, religion, or sex.

Quote:
And you have demonstrated time and time again that your opinions are based on noting more than your own bias in your lcop crusade.
And you have shown your bias against critical thinking with your won little cops are god crusade.

You have made the esteemed position as the sole person on my ignore list.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-10-2012, 23:35   #241
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:

Dang Bro I haven't seen you in ages! thought they finally caught up with you and put you in the looney bin where you belong!

Escaped, I did

Click HERE

Last edited by itisbruno; 10-10-2012 at 23:36..
Old 10-10-2012, 23:36   #242
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

I'm saving him a seat in the looney bin!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 23:38   #243
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I'm saving him a seat in the looney bin!
"Years ago, when I was backpacking across western Europe. I was just outside Barcelona, hiking in the foothills of mount Tibidabo. I was at the end of this path, and I came to a clearing, and there was a lake, very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. It was dead silent. Gorgeous. And across the lake I saw, a beautiful woman, bathing herself. She was crying..."

Click HERE
Old 10-10-2012, 23:53   #244
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
What makes it all the more disappointing is the abundance of "pro-gun" types on here who are so eager to blame the guy arrested for not knowing the law or having a permit.

Why? This entire issue, is solely his fault.

Had he cared to look, he'd have known he was illegal and wouldn't have gotten arrested.

Instead, he chose to be willfully ignorant, and found himself on the other side of the law.

You don't have to agree with the law, and if you don't, then by all means, lobby, and try to change it. But agree or disagree, you're still required to abide by it.

As a gun owner, I think we should blame the fellow gun owners who do not follow the rules. For they give the rest of us bad names.

Old 10-10-2012, 23:55   #245
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Why? This entire issue, is solely his fault.

Had he cared to look, he'd have known he was illegal and wouldn't have gotten arrested.

Instead, he chose to be willfully ignorant, and found himself on the other side of the law.

You don't have to agree with the law, and if you don't, then by all means, lobby, and try to change it. But agree or disagree, you're still required to abide by it.

As a gun owner, I think we should blame the fellow gun owners who do not follow the rules. For they give the rest of us bad names.
You and I disagree on many things but I have to say seeing you take this particular position is very disappointing.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 00:05   #246
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

I don't agree with the gun laws of Ohio.

But I have to follow the gun laws of Ohio, while I'm in Ohio.

I can not complain that its anyone else's fault, if I take my guns to Ohio, and they lock me up, because I'm breaking the law.

If I go to a different state, I can't hunt by my states rules. I can't drive by my states speed limits, why should I be able to carry a gun, based upon MY state of residences rules? That makes absolutely no sense.

Old 10-11-2012, 00:11   #247
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I don't agree with the gun laws of Ohio.

But I have to follow the gun laws of Ohio, while I'm in Ohio.

I can not complain that its anyone else's fault, if I take my guns to Ohio, and they lock me up, because I'm breaking the law.

If I go to a different state, I can't hunt by my states rules. I can't drive by my states speed limits, why should I be able to carry a gun, based upon MY state of residences rules? That makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
That's why.

I'd hoped to see more here outraged that a fellow gun owner minding his own business fell victim to the unconstitutional and immoral laws in the state of Ohio.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-11-2012 at 00:12..
Old 10-11-2012, 00:15   #248
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

The states make their own laws. If you actually read them before you go and do not like them, stay away.

Click HERE
Old 10-11-2012, 00:16   #249
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

You claim its unconstitutional, and immoral. The Supreme court, who's job it is to govern such things, has ruled otherwise.

I don't agree with their laws, but how I feel, really doesn't have much to do with the legality of it.

I'd like to see a lot of things. However, what I'd like, and reality, don't always mesh.

Old 10-11-2012, 00:22   #250
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
You claim its unconstitutional, and immoral. The Supreme court, who's job it is to govern such things, has ruled otherwise.
The Supreme Court is wrong. Again. Happens a lot.

BTW, when did they rule it was moral?

In your mind, from where do you get your right to arms?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 10-11-2012 at 00:23..