Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 18:27   #41
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer View Post
I've covered this all pretty extensively in another thread, so I'll just summarize for those not familiar with that thread. Glock 19 Gen 4, tested June 2012, came with 0-4-3 RSA, 30274 ejector, dip extractor. Just shy of 900 rounds now. Never jammed, but ejection was erratic from the start, including BTF with low power loads. Noticed wear on the extractor depressor plunger and the spring loaded bearing. Made one of each myself. Didn't help, but did stop the wear. Put in White Sound Defense extra power extractor depressor plunger spring. Didn't solve it. Put in Lone Wolf Distributors extractor. No change. Tried reconfiguring one of the new non-dip extractors into a non-LCI extractor. No change. Put in stock non-dip extractor. Now it seems to be all good. Ejects like my other nines. Even ejects normally with the magazine removed. Hope it stays fixed.
Yes thanks, I have been following your thread as well. Hopefully the part from Glockparts.Com is the non dipped and I have the same experience as you did. I ordered the white sound defense assembly from them as well.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:37   #42
kda
NRA Life Member

Deleted

I saw a movie in which only the Government and the Police had Guns. The name of the movie was Schindler's List.

Last edited by kda; 10-10-2012 at 18:39.. Reason: Repetative ... sorry
kda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:49   #43
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
I ordered the white sound defense assembly from them as well.
I would be curious to know how the WSD system works for you. Some people seem to think it helps, others not so much.

If the backward assembly doesn't work out, you may want to keep the 20% extra power spring. I'm pretty sure that will help at least a little. You can use the spring with the Glock SLB and EDP.
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:52   #44
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
I would be curious to know how the WSD system works for you. Some people seem to think it helps, others not so much.

If the backward assembly doesn't work out, you may want to keep the 20% extra power spring. I'm pretty sure that will help at least a little. You can use the spring with the Glock SLB and EDP.
Gotcha thanks. I will definitely continue to update the thread as things progress. Will be hitting the range tomorrow with the new parts from Glock, but as I stated I expect zero difference since the extractor is the same dipped on that's in the gun.

In a day or so the other order should be in and I can take it from there. Still optimistic about the APEX part though.....
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-10-2012, 19:02   #45
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:

That's what is so strange about the whole thing. Some things work for some guns and not for others and for some nothing at all. No one seems to be able to pin point a cure/cause because the process of elimination can't be used.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:37   #46
tnpatriot

Quote:
You have no point, you've had nothing to add but immature babbling, lol.

As for the legend thing, thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight. So long as my wife and kids love me it doesn't matter what some bitter old man on the internet says to me.
I'm not bitter at . I'm just very much amused by your little OP rant. He who angers you, controls you. You are controlled by many.

Last edited by tnpatriot; 10-10-2012 at 19:43..
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:14   #47
Slackinoff

Posting to subscribe. I am anxious to read what effect these new parts will have the pistol's ejection. Thanks for posting Fire_Medic and dhgeyer. Good luck guys.

P.S. my ignore list just got longer....I hate having to scroll past worthless posts.
Old 10-10-2012, 21:21   #48
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackinoff View Post
Posting to subscribe. I am anxious to read what effect these new parts will have the pistol's ejection. Thanks for posting Fire_Medic and dhgeyer. Good luck guys.

P.S. my ignore list just got longer....I hate having to scroll past worthless posts.
I will be hitting the range tomorrow, and then as soon as the Glockparts order comes in will go back.

Will also get my hands on the Apex part regardless.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-10-2012, 21:30   #49
Slackinoff

Quote:
Someone had asked me via PM, and I did not include in my original post. The extractor that came in the pistol from the factory has a "4" stamped on it, and the replacement I just got from Glock has a "2" stamped on it.
My Gen4g19 serial TCDxxx has a #3 extractor. Probably 2 BTF incidences out of the 1100 total rnds. I am inwardly cheering you guys on to find a solution because I intend to put allot of rounds through this gun. Anyways...that's the only contribution I have to offer....my extractor is a #3 and seems to work great for now.

Last edited by Slackinoff; 10-10-2012 at 21:32..
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:44   #50
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
My Gen4g19 serial TCDxxx has a #3 extractor. Probably 2 BTF incidences out of the 1100 total rnds. I am inwardly cheering you guys on to find a solution because I intend to put allot of rounds through this gun. Anyways...that's the only contribution I have to offer....my extractor is a #3 and seems to work great for now.
That's cool. I think my situation is a bit different than most, because my issues started at about 2K rounds, whereas most people is right away or around the 1K round mark. The more info we have the better prepared we are to deal with Glock when the issues arise.

Like today they mailed me the same extractor I already had (dipped), but another member on the same day received the newer (non dipped) version, WTF is up with that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-10-2012, 21:54   #51
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
My Gen3 G27, NRR prefix ejected fine at first but at 200 rounds I and a relative noticed some spent casings going over my head. I thought nothing of it and just kept shooting until 300 when some were going straight up in the air then landing back on my arms or on the top of the slide. Then I inspected the spent casings and saw a big dent/scrape at the case mouths with corresponding brass dust and smearing on the lower ejection port of the slide. I tried different ammo, same results. I had kept some of the first spent casings fired through this gun and they did not have the dent/scrape. Once the ejection problem started, 98% of the spent casings had the dent/scrape at the case mouth and about 10% were either ejecting over my head or straight up in the air. The dents/scrapes at the case mouths are similar to my Paint drawing below:
General Glocking

My brass does the same thing from my Gen 4 G23 that spits brass in my face about once or twice every 100 rounds. When I first got it the BTF was more frequent, but Glock sent me a new recoil spring (can't remember which without checking) and I get less BTF (but it still happens). I understand there is a new extractor out, and I think I'll try that. I don't like BTF one bit, and I also don't like the mouth's of my brass getting beat up like that since I load my own. Before anyone says anything I get the same result with factory ammo.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:54   #52
Slackinoff

Has anyone recorded any differences between the #'s on the extractors? or what the purpose is?

**Edit....found the answer.

Voyager4520 said,

"People have asked and been told by Glock representatives that the numbers correspond to which mold was used to make them, not to any particular version or design change."

source http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406306

Last edited by Slackinoff; 10-10-2012 at 22:05..
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:19   #53
Beretta92guy

I've got about a twenty page thread somewhere in here........

two Glocks: Glock 23 and 27 gen 3's.......

around the 500 round mark started getting BTF.....new ejectors, RSA's and extractors.....

still got BTF....spent $$$$ trying to get it to work......traded both for Springfield XD's ...problem solved......

to all you guys spending money on this piece of junk trying to get it to work for you, i say STOP, there are too many other good guns out there to spend your money on....

until glock gets their head out of their ass i would not touch a glock or spend one more dime on it.....

freakin' ridiculous this garbage is coming out of a once great firearms company....
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:29   #54
dhgeyer

Quote:

Oh thank you!!! I didn't know there was an ignore list. Thanks for telling me. Congratulations tnpatriot: you get to be the first!
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:46   #55
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
I've got about a twenty page thread somewhere in here........

two Glocks: Glock 23 and 27 gen 3's.......

around the 500 round mark started getting BTF.....new ejectors, RSA's and extractors.....

still got BTF....spent $$$$ trying to get it to work......traded both for Springfield XD's ...problem solved......

to all you guys spending money on this piece of junk trying to get it to work for you, i say STOP, there are too many other good guns out there to spend your money on....

until glock gets their head out of their ass i would not touch a glock or spend one more dime on it.....

freakin' ridiculous this garbage is coming out of a once great firearms company....

Hey, I thought your Farewell Tour was over?

Last edited by Tiro Fijo; 10-11-2012 at 09:46.. Reason: spelling
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02   #56
attrapereves

I have a G19 with SDB*** serial and a G17 with TBD*** serial. Originally, the G19 would hit me in the face with brass at least two or three times per mag. It seems to have gotten better. However, the G17 originally was fine, but will occasionally hit me in the face (maybe one piece of brass out of 50-100 rounds).

Glock really needs to fix this problem. It not only causes the shooter to flinch, but it burns my face. It's especially bad for new shooters because they might become afraid of shooting in fear of potentially getting brass in the face.
attrapereves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:16   #57
PrecisionRifleman

Ironically I started looking at the XDM's on GunBroker last night myself. My concern with the btf is that sometimes when I'm at the farm looking for game trails for deer season I like to pop a shot or two off for fun. since I don't go with the intention of shooting a session I don't bring all my range gear or think yo grab my shooting glasses. I feel that firing my Gen 4 g23 shouldn't have me concerned with taking a casing mouth first to my eye. pretty disappointing. plus it eats up my brass. Since I reload and just paid for 1000ct of 40s&w starline brass I'm not willing to let the.glock Jack it up. that would eat up the cost savings of loading my own. So the XDM is looking like a real viable option right now. However I do prefer everything about the Glock over the XDM with exception to the issues they have been having. Dang it Glock, get your head gear squared away!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

G20SF
Gen4 G23

Last edited by PrecisionRifleman; 10-11-2012 at 13:21..
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:40   #58
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintrips View Post
I bought my brand new 29sf a month ago. I noticed as I hand racked the slide it would fail to return to battery about half the time. I called Glock and the gentleman said it should be fine once I started shooting it.

My first outing was last week. Out of 50 rounds it failed to return to battery 4 times. An 8% failure rate is unacceptable, maybe I should have saved $300 and bought a Taurus.....kidding.....but you get my point.

I called Glock again and the gentleman said he would send me a new recoil spring assembly. I asked if he thought that would work and he said "That's the first thing we try."

Not very comforting.....

I will let you know when it gets here.
My Glock was the same way. I found that the bump on the trigger bar (that pushes on the safety plunger) was rubbing so hard on the bottom of the slide (it's not supposed to rub at all) that it prevented the gun from cycling properly. I took about .030 of metal off the top of it before it stopped rubbing, and now it works much better, and the safety plunger still works.

This is just plain old proof that Glocks are not being manufactured to even halfway decent tolerances anymore. Pistol actions have nothing in them, and I mean NOTHING, that should need a break in period AT ALL since there is nothing in a pistol action that is SUPPOSED to have an interference fit - it's not like it's piston rings needing to establish the proper surface finish on the cylinder walls or anything like that.

All the really good guns I've ever owned worked perfect from the very first shot, and the "break in" nonsense is just a lame excuse from Glock about the bad job they are doing with quality control these days. In the sixties, I never heard anyone say their Browning High Power needed a break in period. Some of the crappy looking new ones made by other companies might, but the old authentic Brownings didn't.

The fact that Glock, with modern CNC equipment, cannot seem to make gun parts as accurately as all the other gun companies did 50 years ago is down right pathetic.

Last edited by Brian Lee; 10-11-2012 at 13:44..
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:36   #59
Gavin S.

I just bought a gen 4 19. It has an AAFV prefix serial # and the casing was fired 9-27-12. I'm going to the range as soon as possible to see how it shoots. I kinda wish I hadn't traded my gen 3 for some yard grading, but hopefully all is well with this new pistol. I'll post back with a report. Any suggestions as to what I might do to bring more info let me know.
Gavin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:57   #60
tnpatriot

Quote:
Oh thank you!!! I didn't know there was an ignore list. Thanks for telling me. Congratulations tnpatriot: you get to be the first!
thank you sir, it is an honor
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote