SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:37   #26
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
I care who wins. I want Gary Johnson to win.

Between Obama and Romney though, I don't care. Same S*** different ***hole.
You got it!

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44   #27
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I just don't understand that?

How can a Ron Paul supporter switch sides and now support Obama, when Romney is clearly "at least maybe just a little bit" closer to the libertarian political platform than Obama.

There must be something other than political ideology motivating libertarians?
The only time I've ever heard any libertarian even consider voting for Obama was when that nut job Santorum was leading in some polls. In that case, Obama is still one of the worst Presidents in history but even I would do virtually anything to stop a prick like him.

In the case of Romney vs. Obama, yeah Romney is a little better in the sense that his supreme court nom's might be better (How could they be worse?) but in terms of liberty beyond financial, he is just as bad as Barry. Johnson is clearly superior even if he isn't all that Paul was. Like most of America, we're trapped between two steeming piles. We just happen to know it.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:59   #28
Acujeff

Quote:
I care who wins. I want Gary Johnson to win.

Between Obama and Romney though, I don't care. Same S*** different ***hole.

They both hate personal freedom, and both parties have been guilty of everything from big brother to gun control, to even welfare. To think Romney will be the golden ticket America needs is straight utopia.

Notice Gundude and October Rust have absolutely nothing positive to say about the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. The libertarians here on GT advocate gun owners withhold support and votes from Romney, not Obama.

As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that he’s running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

Gary Johnson was a Republican for his entire political career from 1994 to late 2011, when he abandoned his Republican primary candidacy. He's only been an official Libertarian for several months now. Do we vote for the man or the party?

Libertarians are just hypocrites when they come to gun forums to call gun owners sheep for voting Republican when they are voting Johnson for the sake of "their" party. Johnson has no chance of even winning one state! How is that good for gun owners?

If Libertarians were honest about helping the RKBA they would be helping Romney beat Obama rather than calling for splitting the vote and trying to ensure Obama gets a 2nd term.

How is another 4 years of Obama good for gun owners?

Most Libertarians realize that and are voting for Romney (and this poll was done before the debate).
From Cato: Polls Show Romney Winning the Libertarian Vote
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/poll-...ertarian-vote/

The benefits of President Romney pro-2A platform and record are much more preferable to gun owners, and our families, than the "let's let Obama send the USA to hell to teach Republicans a lesson" platform of the GT Libertarian strategists.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:
https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...-informed.aspx

Last edited by Acujeff; 10-11-2012 at 13:04..
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:09   #29
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
Notice Gundude and October Rust have absolutely nothing positive to say about the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. The libertarians here on GT advocate gun owners withhold support and votes from Romney, not Obama.

You either cannot read, or have not read many of my posts if you gathered I'd rather have Obama than Romney.

In fact, find me one post where I said, I'd rather have Obama over Romney. You won't find it. You jump to conclusions, and throw around insults, since you your big gov't platform cannot be debated to any logical mind.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:14   #30
Gundude

Quote:
You either cannot read, or have not read many of my posts if you gathered I'd rather have Obama than Romney.

In fact, find me one post where I said, I'd rather have Obama over Romney. You won't find it. You jump to conclusions, and throw around insults, since you your big gov't platform cannot be debated to any logical mind.
I think he meant me, but he has a history of overshooting, and seems unable to stop where the truth stops.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:14   #31
Gunnut 45/454

Of course they will cause that was there goal all along- re-elect Obamamoa! Liberterians = closet Dumocrats!
Old 10-11-2012, 14:17   #32
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
I think he meant me, but he has a history of overshooting, and seems unable to stop where the truth stops.
He meant us both. It's a tough life when you're actually conservative, and these people who say they're "republican" can't fathom actually doing some cutting such as social security, or medicare - as I mentioned in my other thread on GTPI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Of course they will cause that was there goal all along- re-elect Obamamoa! Liberterians = closet Dumocrats!

Such an intelligent post Gunnut. You've just convinced me with this post alone Romney is the way to go, as I'm sure many other lurkers/readers have been convinced as well!
Old 10-11-2012, 14:20   #33
GAFinch

Quote:
The US was never intended to be a democracy, we're a republic.

Your post is what's wrong with America, and is why we're heading straight up for a collapse eventually.
Our current system is closer to a democracy than to a republic -- universal suffrage and no direct representation for states in D.C.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:27   #34
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Our current system is closer to a democracy than to a republic -- universal suffrage and no direct representation for states in D.C.

You would be correct. Which is why the union is going to hell in a handbasket real quick.

Taxation without representation.

Not many could fathom libertarian policies, because their wife/friend/uncle/sister/brother/etc is either

1. on Social security or some sort of welfare program
2. is making a "career" out of the military
3. is a DEA agent
4. has some other subsidization of their job, because they weren't good enough to adapt like a truly capitalistic system would require them to do.

Sad but true, and it hurts a LOT of people's feelings when I tell it how it is.

Now call OctoberRust a liberal troll in 3....2.....1.... GO!
Old 10-11-2012, 14:30   #35
Snowman92D

Interesting.

You know, I've always suspected the "Cannabis Uber Alles" voters would be a bigger disadvantage to Obama than anyone else.

ďWhen Gary Johnsonís included he gets 3 percent and actually takes mostly from Obama..."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/11/po...#ixzz291Xk1a8o
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:43   #36
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Interesting.

You know, I've always suspected the "Cannabis Uber Alles" voters would be a bigger disadvantage to Obama than anyone else.
Which is why, no matter how well Romney is doing in the polls, I'm terrified that Zero will introduce some sort of pro-pothead executive order as an October surprise to boost his voter turnout rate.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:01   #37
Snowman92D

Quote:
Which is why, no matter how well Romney is doing in the polls, I'm terrified that Zero will introduce some sort of pro-pothead executive order as an October surprise to boost his voter turnout rate.
Ah...I wouldn't worry about that. Most dopers I've run into have been above-average in the intellect department...at least in the beginning stages of their drug use...and I think they'd never fall for a ploy like that.

They well remember that the JBT's from Obama's DEA have been hammering duly licensed medical ganja dealers all up and down the west coast. They hold grudges against anyone who tries to get between them and their smoke.

Plus, Ryan has publicly stated that medical weed should be a states rights issue, and of course Romney, in large measure, leans toward states rights. That's how he explains his involvement in the Massachusetts health care deal.
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:13   #38
Acujeff

Quote:

No insult intended - just the truth. You and Gundude only high jack threads on GT to attempt to dissuade gun owners to withhold support and votes for Romney. Neither of you have ever advocated withholding support and votes for Obama, who is the real threat to the RKBA.

You and Gundude still haven't answered the questions:

As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that heís running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

Johnson was a Republican for his entire political career from 1994 to late 2011, when he abandoned his Republican primary candidacy. He's only been an official Libertarian for several months now. Do we vote for the man or the party?

Libertarians are just hypocrites when they come to gun forums to call gun owners sheep for voting Republican when they are voting Johnson for the sake of "their" party. Johnson has no chance of even winning one state! How is that good for gun owners?

If Libertarians were honest about helping the RKBA they would be helping Romney beat Obama rather than calling for splitting the vote and trying to ensure Obama gets a 2nd term.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:
https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...-informed.aspx
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:16   #39
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Plus, Ryan has publicly stated that medical weed should be a states rights issue, and of course Romney, in large measure, leans toward states rights. That's how he explains his involvement in the Massachusetts health care deal.
It's the states right to do a healthcare mandate, so he had to do it? Is that his explanation?
Old 10-11-2012, 15:20   #40
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
No insult intended - just the truth. You and Gundude only high jack threads on GT to attempt to dissuade gun owners to withhold support and votes for Romney. Neither of you have ever advocated withholding support and votes for Obama, who is the real threat to the RKBA.

As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that heís running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

Johnson was a Republican for his entire political career from 1994 to late 2011, when he abandoned his Republican primary candidacy. He's only been an official Libertarian for several months now. Do we vote for the man or the party?

Don't people who support Mitt say he has to "work with the other guys in his state" ?

Johnson may not be a gun guy, but please find me one bill he signed that was gun control?

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issues/guns-rights

DO NOT NEGOTIATE AWAY OUR FREEDOMS IN the name of safety.

From the United Nations to city council chambers across the nation, gun rights are constantly under attack from those who believe, mistakenly, that restricting our right to own firearms legally will somehow make us safer.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Gary...un_Control.htm

Q: Where do you stand on gun control?
A: I'm one of those who believe the bumper sticker: If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. The first people who are going to be in line to turn in their guns are law-abiding citizens. Criminals are going to be left with guns. I believe that concealed carry is a way of reducing gun violence.
Q: Do you carry a gun?
A: I don't, and I don't own a gun, but I'd still just as soon have the concealed carry law. If the guy who is going to hold up a car knows there is the possibility of a concealed weapon, he may think twice. We don't have that law here.
Q: But the statistics show that people don't use guns to stop crime. They use them to hurt themselves or innocent people.
A: Yeah, but there is deterrence in the legality of guns. It's also part of the Constitution.
Q: The NRA disagrees with any limits. Do you?
A: I don't believe the laws regarding guns are effective. We're allowed to bear arms. It's part of a free society.

Again, find me one bill he signed that had to do with gun control, please. He may not have lifted any restrictions, but he certainly didn't sign in any either.

As important as 2nd amendment rights are, 2a rights mean jack %$# if your country is going through an economic collapse thanks to the two liberals this crony capitalistic democracy gave us. IE Romney and Obama.
Old 10-11-2012, 15:25   #41
Gunnut 45/454

OctoberRust
I'm not here to convince you or any other Liberterian. Just pointing out the facts! Fact #1 Garry Johnson will not win the election. Fact #2 if you vote for Garry Johnson you will be in fact voting Obamamoa back into office! Do you really think Garry will win in NV? Fact # 3 Obamamoa will not give you the "Freedom" you all say your for- just the opposite! Fact #4 you say you supoort the COTUS so why would you help the most destructive POTUS in our history back into office? So you decide =vote for Garry =help Obamamoa or vote for Mittt and get rid of Obamamoa!
Old 10-11-2012, 15:27   #42
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
OctoberRust
I'm not here to convince you or any other Liberterian. Just pointing out the facts! Fact #1 Garry Johnson will not win the election. Fact #2 if you vote for Garry Johnson you will be in fact voting Obamamoa back into office! Do you really think Garry will win in NV? Fact # 3 Obamamoa will not give you the "Freedom" you all say your for- just the opposite! Fact #4 you say you supoort the COTUS so why would you help the most destructive POTUS in our history back into office? So you decide =vote for Garry =help Obamamoa or vote for Mittt and get rid of Obamamoa!
Gun nut, I suggest you look up the definition of a fact.

plus now a vote for Johnson = a vote for Romney, according to this OP. So we're good man! I'm on your side!
Old 10-11-2012, 15:27   #43
Gundude

Quote:

As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that he’s running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

How is helping Romney beat Obama helpful to gun owners? I don't buy your SCOTUS argument. The justices aren't as old as you want people to believe. Two will have barely turned 80 when Obama is finished, and the only one older than that is a liberal.

I don't believe Romney will veto any gun control if it gets to him, just as Obama wouldn't. The only assurance that he would came second hand through a washed up B-list rock star. He has never expressed any regret for his actions in MA, and more importantly, for his anti-gun statements that went along with them.

It's up to congress to defend the RKBA for at least the next four years. The president is a lost cause.

The president may cease to be a lost cause 4 years sooner if Obama wins. A Romney win would mean at least 8 years of an anti-gun president. Either 8 years of Romney or 4 of Romney followed by at least 4 of a Democrat.

That's my answer. As far as Johnson, I don't know. I'm not voting for him.

Last edited by Gundude; 10-11-2012 at 15:29..
Old 10-11-2012, 15:45   #44
Gundude

Quote:
Poll: Libertarian Party nominee could be spoiler in Nevada -- for Obama
Could be. I live in Nevada and if I voted for Johnson instead of whom I'm planning to vote for, it would definitely help Romney.
Old 10-11-2012, 21:16   #45
RyanBDawg

Impossible, Glock Talk has already confirmed that if you vote for anyone other than Romney you are an evil communist Muslim who hates America and are helping Obama.

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:40   #46
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Good, so now when I say I'm voting for Gary Johnson, you guys can thank me because I'm helping Romney out.

Like I said before, either way I don't give a $%^@ who you think I help "win". A vote is a vote.
No, no, no. Voting for Johnson is a vote for obama.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06   #47
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
No, no, no. I thought it was that if you couldn't tow thr party line and vot mittens you were really liberal coming out of the closet and loved Barry.

Oh yeah, and you hated Jesus, apple pie and your mother.

Last edited by jlavallee; 10-12-2012 at 01:07..
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51   #48
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
In the case of Romney vs. Obama, yeah Romney is a little better in the sense that his supreme court nom's might be better (How could they be worse?) but in terms of liberty beyond financial, he is just as bad as Barry. Johnson is clearly superior even if he isn't all that Paul was. Like most of America, we're trapped between two steeming piles. We just happen to know it.
Yet, if you HAD to choose Romney or Obama - no 3rd choice and no refusing to vote - you seem to say you'd choose Romney.

That is what I see among Libertarians, which is why I keep pointing out that every single one who votes Libertarian is helping reelect Obama. (Obviously, if there are some who choose Obama if they had to choose between the 2, then theeir Libertarian vote helps Romney)

Last edited by Bren; 10-12-2012 at 04:51..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:52   #49
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
javallee just told you his would be. It's as simple as first grade math and those of you who pretend you can't figure it out just look foolish to most people here.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54   #50
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Could be. I live in Nevada and if I voted for Johnson instead of whom I'm planning to vote for, it would definitely help Romney.
The lieberals are counting on the moron vote to carry them over the finish line.