GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 15:25   #41
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,048
OctoberRust
I'm not here to convince you or any other Liberterian. Just pointing out the facts! Fact #1 Garry Johnson will not win the election. Fact #2 if you vote for Garry Johnson you will be in fact voting Obamamoa back into office! Do you really think Garry will win in NV? Fact # 3 Obamamoa will not give you the "Freedom" you all say your for- just the opposite! Fact #4 you say you supoort the COTUS so why would you help the most destructive POTUS in our history back into office? So you decide =vote for Garry =help Obamamoa or vote for Mittt and get rid of Obamamoa!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:27   #42
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
OctoberRust
I'm not here to convince you or any other Liberterian. Just pointing out the facts! Fact #1 Garry Johnson will not win the election. Fact #2 if you vote for Garry Johnson you will be in fact voting Obamamoa back into office! Do you really think Garry will win in NV? Fact # 3 Obamamoa will not give you the "Freedom" you all say your for- just the opposite! Fact #4 you say you supoort the COTUS so why would you help the most destructive POTUS in our history back into office? So you decide =vote for Garry =help Obamamoa or vote for Mittt and get rid of Obamamoa!
Gun nut, I suggest you look up the definition of a fact.

plus now a vote for Johnson = a vote for Romney, according to this OP. So we're good man! I'm on your side!
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:27   #43
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
No insult intended - just the truth. You and Gundude only high jack threads on GT to attempt to dissuade gun owners to withhold support and votes for Romney. Neither of you have ever advocated withholding support and votes for Obama, who is the real threat to the RKBA.

You and Gundude still haven't answered the questions:

As Gov of NM for 8 years, Johnson achieved absolutely no pro-2A progress. Gun owners had to wait till Johnson left office to even get CCW. He publicly presented himself then as a non gun owner and had no desire to own one. Now that he’s running for President, he wants to own a gun. How is he good for gun owners?

Johnson was a Republican for his entire political career from 1994 to late 2011, when he abandoned his Republican primary candidacy. He's only been an official Libertarian for several months now. Do we vote for the man or the party?

Libertarians are just hypocrites when they come to gun forums to call gun owners sheep for voting Republican when they are voting Johnson for the sake of "their" party. Johnson has no chance of even winning one state! How is that good for gun owners?

If Libertarians were honest about helping the RKBA they would be helping Romney beat Obama rather than calling for splitting the vote and trying to ensure Obama gets a 2nd term.

How is another 4 years of Obama good for gun owners?
How is helping Romney beat Obama helpful to gun owners? I don't buy your SCOTUS argument. The justices aren't as old as you want people to believe. Two will have barely turned 80 when Obama is finished, and the only one older than that is a liberal.

I don't believe Romney will veto any gun control if it gets to him, just as Obama wouldn't. The only assurance that he would came second hand through a washed up B-list rock star. He has never expressed any regret for his actions in MA, and more importantly, for his anti-gun statements that went along with them.

It's up to congress to defend the RKBA for at least the next four years. The president is a lost cause.

The president may cease to be a lost cause 4 years sooner if Obama wins. A Romney win would mean at least 8 years of an anti-gun president. Either 8 years of Romney or 4 of Romney followed by at least 4 of a Democrat.

That's my answer. As far as Johnson, I don't know. I'm not voting for him.

Last edited by Gundude; 10-11-2012 at 15:29..
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 15:45   #44
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Poll: Libertarian Party nominee could be spoiler in Nevada -- for Obama
Could be. I live in Nevada and if I voted for Johnson instead of whom I'm planning to vote for, it would definitely help Romney.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:16   #45
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,198
Impossible, Glock Talk has already confirmed that if you vote for anyone other than Romney you are an evil communist Muslim who hates America and are helping Obama.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:40   #46
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Good, so now when I say I'm voting for Gary Johnson, you guys can thank me because I'm helping Romney out.


Like I said before, either way I don't give a $%^@ who you think I help "win". A vote is a vote.
No, no, no. Voting for Johnson is a vote for obama.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06   #47
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
No, no, no. Voting for Johnson is a vote for obama.
No, no, no. I thought it was that if you couldn't tow thr party line and vot mittens you were really liberal coming out of the closet and loved Barry.

Oh yeah, and you hated Jesus, apple pie and your mother.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I値l be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by jlavallee; 10-12-2012 at 01:07..
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51   #48
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
In the case of Romney vs. Obama, yeah Romney is a little better in the sense that his supreme court nom's might be better (How could they be worse?) but in terms of liberty beyond financial, he is just as bad as Barry. Johnson is clearly superior even if he isn't all that Paul was. Like most of America, we're trapped between two steeming piles. We just happen to know it.
Yet, if you HAD to choose Romney or Obama - no 3rd choice and no refusing to vote - you seem to say you'd choose Romney.

That is what I see among Libertarians, which is why I keep pointing out that every single one who votes Libertarian is helping reelect Obama. (Obviously, if there are some who choose Obama if they had to choose between the 2, then theeir Libertarian vote helps Romney)
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.

Last edited by Bren; 10-12-2012 at 04:51..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:52   #49
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
No, no, no. Voting for Johnson is a vote for obama.
javallee just told you his would be. It's as simple as first grade math and those of you who pretend you can't figure it out just look foolish to most people here.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54   #50
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Could be. I live in Nevada and if I voted for Johnson instead of whom I'm planning to vote for, it would definitely help Romney.
The lieberals are counting on the moron vote to carry them over the finish line.
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53   #51
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Yet, if you HAD to choose Romney or Obama - no 3rd choice and no refusing to vote - you seem to say you'd choose Romney.
If I was forced to vote then yes, I would vote Romney. But I am not forced and I would rather stay home than endorse a steaming pile like him. His only positive is he's slightly less *****y than Obama. Neither Obama or Romney is fit to grace the oval office so no voting for either of them.

I don't agree with Johnson as much as I did with Paul but he actually believes in the core principal our nation was founded on (individual liberty) so I have no issues supporting him.

If the GOP wanted my vote, they could have played fair and in addition would have to at least stand against NDAA and Patriot Act in their platform. As it stands, this primary season really woke me up to how statist the GOP has become. Personally, unless there is an outstanding candidate I will never vote GOP again even in local and state races. I'm voting for liberty or I am not voting.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I値l be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09   #52
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
And on the state front I've been down this path before supporting Heller and even Angle.

Heller has been a virtual disaster supporting the NDAA and going on with crap legislation that is only good for sound bites. He did OK on Gun legislation but hell, we're caught in a similar situation again with him and Berkley. She is typical nut job liberal retard but after supporting NDAA which is totally unconstitutional, I can't support Heller again. And the difference between those two is much bigger than mittens vs. Obama.

I actually donated money to Angle multiple times in 2010 hoping to be rid of Reid but the stupid bag had to go all bible thumper in the end and screws herself. Personally, I still think Reid cheated but either way, I am done supporting these GOP freaks. Even when they win (see Heller) America gets screwed.

How about we just follow the damn Constitution? The only President in my Lifetime that I'd even invite in for a beer was Reagan (well, maybe Ford) and while old Ron talked a good game, he did plenty to grow government. I want government out of my life and wallet. If it isn't in article 1 section 8 then the feds shouldn't be doing it.

Voting has become similar to being sent to prison and being asked do you want to be raped in the shower (Republicans) or be gang raped (Democrats) and the real answer is not to go to prison.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I値l be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24   #53
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Voting has become similar to being sent to prison and being asked do you want to be raped in the shower (Republicans) or be gang raped (Democrats) and the real answer is not to go to prison.
The difference here being you will get either Romney or Obama. Voting for neither won't get you neither.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:25   #54
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
The difference here being you will get either Romney or Obama. Voting for neither won't get you neither.
That won't be my fault. I won't have either Presidency on my hands. The people that play party over principal are to blame for that and voting lesser evils has given us the train wreck of government we've had.

Honestly, who was our last good President? We've had statists pretty much since Cleveland. The voting population is split between two crazy factions with one the modern liberal who places primary importance on spending other peoples money and redistribution of wealth and the other the right wing bible thumping nut jobs who believe it is our right to have government legislate their morality and go to war to further their views.

The majority are caught in the middle swaying to one side or another based on personal views and personal gain. The growing few are libertarians who don't mind either side as long as they keep their ***** to themselves.

Without any remaining serious fiscal responsibility platforms in place, the one thing that leaned libertarians to the GOP is gone. Their war monger ways and totalatarian statist mentality with PATRIOT Act and NDAA were the last straw.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I値l be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45   #55
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
If I was forced to vote then yes, I would vote Romney. But I am not forced and I would rather stay home than endorse a steaming pile like him.

That's the whole point - if you like Romney a little more than Obama, and would vote Romney if forced, then deciding to vote third party, or stay home, is a benefit to Obama and a choice the democrats hope you'll make. Even on this forum, there are some of them trying to convince people to stay home on election day. Every one they convince to stay home is as good as getting to cast an extra vote for Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
That won't be my fault. I won't have either Presidency on my hands.
Yes, you will. A child should be able to see that. You think Obama is the worst choice and, therefore, your choice to stay home benefits him. If Obama wins, it is on your hands. If Romney wins, it is not.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.

Last edited by Bren; 10-12-2012 at 12:47..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:41   #56
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
That's the whole point - if you like Romney a little more than Obama, and would vote Romney if forced, then deciding to vote third party, or stay home, is a benefit to Obama and a choice the democrats hope you'll make. Even on this forum, there are some of them trying to convince people to stay home on election day. Every one they convince to stay home is as good as getting to cast an extra vote for Obama.



Yes, you will. A child should be able to see that. You think Obama is the worst choice and, therefore, your choice to stay home benefits him. If Obama wins, it is on your hands. If Romney wins, it is not.
Sigh, you just don't get it at all. I don't like Romney at all, I just despise him a little less than Obama. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR EITHER A-HOLE.

You guys need to wake the hell up and realize that we get crap politicians because of people like YOU who vote lesser evil.

If Obama gets back in then I can live with that almost as easily as Romney. The upside is in four years there is a slim chance at electing someone worthy of the office. If Romney wins he might be less crappy now but with the rules change the GOP establishment forced through it is going to be mittens in 2016 against the usual Dem clown so we loose either way.

The GOP and anyone who can't accept that I will only vote for a person who respects the Constitution can go **** themselves. A vote to support this GOP will NEVER happen.

Imagine a Romney win in 2012 results in a Romney run in 2016 and the a Ryan run in 2020. 12 years of statist idiots. Anyone supporting the GOP or Dem candidate is clueless.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I値l be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by jlavallee; 10-12-2012 at 13:44..
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:55   #57
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Without any remaining serious fiscal responsibility platforms in place, the one thing that leaned libertarians to the GOP is gone. Their war monger ways and totalatarian statist mentality with PATRIOT Act and NDAA were the last straw.
I agree with that completely. I would add that guns were the other thing that leaned libertarians to the GOP, but that is also gone, at least in the presidential race.

The only difference in our positions is what we intend to do. You choose not to dirty yourself with a vote for either potential winner, while I seem to have grown resistent to the stench in politics and will vote for the guy with the earlier expiration date and less chance of getting anything done. I don't fault your choice, though. I've made it a few times myself in the past.

By the way, I see you're in Reno too. Get out shooting much? WCSF or just open desert?
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:08   #58
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
I agree with that completely. I would add that guns were the other thing that leaned libertarians to the GOP, but that is also gone, at least in the presidential race.

The only difference in our positions is what we intend to do. You choose not to dirty yourself with a vote for either potential winner, while I seem to have grown resistent to the stench in politics and will vote for the guy with the earlier expiration date and less chance of getting anything done. I don't fault your choice, though. I've made it a few times myself in the past.

By the way, I see you're in Reno too. Get out shooting much? WCSF or just open desert?
If you want to hold your nose then go ahead. The party and candidate are obviously not as repulsive to you as they are to me. I've held my nose in the past but the GOP has clearly abandoned anything that I value for the pro war, police state so I can't abide the stench any longer. It's probably a good thing because they have never been fiscal conservatives or Constitutionalists anyway even though they had points on their platform.

Eventually the US will become a 3 party system or the GOP will get in line because the social conservatives are more and more repulsive to people. Unfortunately, that has traditionally brought votes to the Democrats because of the lesser evil thing.

I occasionally get to an IDPA match but usually just desert stuff.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I値l be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:46   #59
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
I care who wins. I want Gary Johnson to win.
.
i'm guessing you are a male? well, you stand a better chance iof getting pregnant.

and, what's up with the bloody kisses album cover as an avatar, yet october rust as a username?
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:02.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,020
324 Members
696 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31