glock2740
Gun lover.

Congrats! Great looking gun.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:34   #22
bac1023

Beautiful Ruggles

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:38   #23
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock_en_speil View Post
I was under the impression that Ed is the jerk, Les seems like a nice guy as does Bill Wilson. I'm a Wilson fan myself. I ordered a CQB and waited 7 months for delivery. It was very nice but I didn't do my "homework" as well as I should have. I decided I wanted a different kind of configuration so I sold it a couple of weeks after it arrived and "got back in line" with a CQB Elite now on order. It's not due until next spring.
From what I have heard Ed is a few lengths ahead of Les in the "Jerk 400m" race but Les is hanging in

I am just going by what I have heard over multiple years from numerous sources. Who really knows the truth.
I hope I never have to find out.

I called Wilson once due to an issue with the front sight on my CQB and they were great to deal with. I mailed them just the slide on my dime ($11 with insurance I think) and they fixed it and mailed it back within a week. They included 2 ETM mags to offset my $11, not a bad deal for me

The CQB in the "family" picture is an Elite, what features did you want that were not on the CQB? Just curious.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 22:04   #24
Glock_en_speil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
The CQB in the "family" picture is an Elite, what features did you want that were not on the CQB? Just curious.
I configured the CQB as more of a custom/classic model. It had a naked slide, gold bead front sight, shortened (countersunk) slide stop, magwell, FLGR and BP upgrade. It had a black on black Armor-Tuff finish.

The CQB Elite that I have on order is going to be a tactical/all business gun and I didn't deviate all that much from the standard configuration. Then again as you know a CQB Elite is pretty loaded as it comes. All I did was add a shortened (countersunk) slide stop, a FLGR and selected the black starburst G10 grips that normally come with the CQB. I also really wanted the new one piece magwell/MSH which Wilson has only recently made available to the CQB Elite. Up until a few months ago it was only available on the Supergrade. I honestly don't see the value in owning a Supergrade. I rather keep the extra $1500 in my pocket or put it towards a second Wilson. I may go for an X-Tac next.
I love the smell of Hoppe's #9 in the morning.

Last edited by Glock_en_speil; 10-11-2012 at 22:05..
Glock_en_speil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:26   #25
Roydrage

I have 2 Wilsons, and love the way they feel in hand.

They seem very slim aside from grips than my Springfield TRP.

I heard that Baers feel Bulkier, and thicker than the Wilsons, or Browns.

I was interested in getting an Ultimate Master So What say you?

Thanks,

Royd

Last edited by Roydrage; 10-11-2012 at 23:26..
Roydrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13   #26
samuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roydrage View Post
I have 2 Wilsons, and love the way they feel in hand.

They seem very slim aside from grips than my Springfield TRP.

I heard that Baers feel Bulkier, and thicker than the Wilsons, or Browns.

I was interested in getting an Ultimate Master So What say you?

Thanks,

Royd
I've had two Baers. They're thicker/bulkier to the point that they won't fit a kydex holster made for a 1911. Were too tight to draw in a Milt Sparks leather holster.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34   #27
38 Super Fan

Congrats!
38 Super Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45   #28
ca survivor

Very Nice!
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 16:46   #29
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
I've had two Baers. They're thicker/bulkier to the point that they won't fit a kydex holster made for a 1911. Were too tight to draw in a Milt Sparks leather holster.
Exact same here. Milt Sparks holster + Wilson = fine. Milt Sparks + Baer = too tight a fit.

The Baer does feel slightly "fatter" in the hand than the Wilson.
Old 10-12-2012, 16:50   #30
Ruggles

Quote:
I configured the CQB as more of a custom/classic model. It had a naked slide, gold bead front sight, shortened (countersunk) slide stop, magwell, FLGR and BP upgrade. It had a black on black Armor-Tuff finish.

The CQB Elite that I have on order is going to be a tactical/all business gun and I didn't deviate all that much from the standard configuration. Then again as you know a CQB Elite is pretty loaded as it comes. All I did was add a shortened (countersunk) slide stop, a FLGR and selected the black starburst G10 grips that normally come with the CQB. I also really wanted the new one piece magwell/MSH which Wilson has only recently made available to the CQB Elite. Up until a few months ago it was only available on the Supergrade. I honestly don't see the value in owning a Supergrade. I rather keep the extra $1500 in my pocket or put it towards a second Wilson. I may go for an X-Tac next.

Sounds like a great build. It will be built like a tank and shoot like a sports car I bet.

One of the reasons I really like Wilson as a builder is the variety you can choose from when ordering. Kinda like having the Deluxe Mister Potato Head instead of the regular version as a kid. You know all those extra noes, ears and eyes to choose from
Old 10-12-2012, 19:02   #31
knedrgr

CONGRATS! Will probably play with 38 Super soon.
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 20:40   #32
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
CONGRATS! Will probably play with 38 Super soon.
You should, I really love it. I would say I prefer it above .45ACP in a 1911. Not to say .45ACP is not fun to shoot, we all know it is. The .38 Super just has it's own style IMO. I am itching for a 9mm 1911
Old 10-12-2012, 21:39   #33
matt_lowry123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
is there a downside to cardboard boxes?

There good with me!!!! I could use some myself!! I was joking. I remember the longest thread ever started with the comment I made.
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:00   #34
GVFlyer

Quote:
I was under the impression that Ed is the jerk, Les seems like a nice guy as does Bill Wilson. I'm a Wilson fan myself. I ordered a CQB and waited 7 months for delivery. It was very nice but I didn't do my "homework" as well as I should have. I decided I wanted a different kind of configuration so I sold it a couple of weeks after it arrived and "got back in line" with a CQB Elite now on order. It's not due until next spring.
In my limited experience, you are exactly correct. To Brown's great credit, Ed seldom answers the phone any more.

GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04   #35
Cowboy1629

As soon as I saw the title "Infamous Cardboard Box Time" I knew exactly what you were talking about.

I have a Baer TRS that is one heck of a shooter. Finish may not be as durable as my Brown or Wilsons but you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Baers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Nice collection by the way!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23   #36
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy1629 View Post
As soon as I saw the title "Infamous Cardboard Box Time" I knew exactly what you were talking about.

I have a Baer TRS that is one heck of a shooter. Finish may not be as durable as my Brown or Wilsons but you get a lot of bang for the buck with the Baers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Nice collection by the way!
Yeah that box thread was epically long!

Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14   #37
ca survivor

deleted.

Last edited by ca survivor; 11-07-2012 at 07:16..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:59   #38
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Beautiful looking pistola.

I sure miss that cardboard box thread.

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:42   #39
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I called Wilson once due to an issue with the front sight on my CQB and they were great to deal with. I mailed them just the slide on my dime ($11 with insurance I think) and they fixed it and mailed it back within a week. They included 2 ETM mags to offset my $11, not a bad deal for me

I wonder if they would get wise when you started sending it in every other month.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 18:54   #40
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
I wonder if they would get wise when you started sending it in every other month.
Worth a try