Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:59   #61
voyager4520
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin S. View Post
I just bought a gen 4 19. It has an AAFV prefix serial #... I'm going to the range as soon as possible to see how it shoots.
I haven't heard of erratic ejection out of a single USA-made Glock yet, but there haven't been too many range reports with them. I'm looking forward to hearing what you experience.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02   #62
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Update:

As I was leaving to the range yesterday the post lady comes by and gives me my mail, and low and behold my order from Glock Parts.Com came in. The LCI 9MM Extractor and white sound defense HRED I ordered from them came in. Their extractor is the newer "non-dipped" version. Why they have this part and Glock themselves still mailed me the old "dipped" version I have no clue, but off to the range I went, happy that I had the parts in hand to do the testing I wanted to. I took 200 rounds of 9MM with me.

First up was the gun as it has been, with the erratic ejection, no parts swapped. In the first magazine the BTF and erratic ejection continued. 20 rounds of this nonsense was enough, time to swap parts.

Swapped in the new RSA from Glock along with the "dipped" extractor they sent me. 30 rounds this way and the pistol performed EXACTLY as it did before the new parts were thrown in.

Next up tried the HRED with the "new" dipped extractor and the pistol was no better than before, and if I didn't know any better was even more erratic.

Next tried the Glockparts "non-dipped" extractor with the HRED, and the pistol was ejecting very strong out to between 3-5 o'clock every time. 125 rounds down range with this combo and not one single brass to the face, or to the left, or straight up and down. I had (2) pieces of brass go over my shoulder at a 45 degree angle, but the rest were much further away from me and bouncing of the divider of the range.

125 rounds by no means is any sign of reliability with these parts, but it's a start. The fact that the new parts from Smyrna had absolutely no effect to change things for the better was very enlightening. I will leave the HRED assembly and the non dipped extractor and see what happens over the next few hundred rounds. I know this combo has not worked for others, but so far it's working for me. So "in my case" the Apex part will be on hold "for now", as if the gun is working as it should with the current setup I see no need to spend another $60 at the moment.

One curious thing to me was, that the new non dipped extractor has no number on it like the other two, so nothing else to share there except it's the newer non dipped LCI 9MM version.

FM
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 10-12-2012 at 09:31..
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:40   #63
Gavin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
I haven't heard of erratic ejection out of a single USA-made Glock yet, but there haven't been too many range reports with them. I'm looking forward to hearing what you experience.

I wasn't aware the problematic guns were Austrian. I did go to the range and put 100 rounds of 115gr ball American Eagle down range. No problems whatsoever. It was hard to tell exactly where the spent cases were ejecting to because of the lane dividers, but they all appeared to be going back and to the right pretty consistently. None to the face or head. I will say that it is a b*tch to get #14 and 15 in the mags. I guess they will loosen up over time.
Gavin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43   #64
GPBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
Update:

As I was leaving to the range yesterday the post lady comes by and gives me my mail, and low and behold my order from Glock Parts.Com came in. The LCI 9MM Extractor and white sound defense HRED I ordered from them came in. Their extractor is the newer "non-dipped" version. Why they have this part and Glock themselves still mailed me the old "dipped" version I have no clue, but off to the range I went, happy that I had the parts in hand to do the testing I wanted to. I took 200 rounds of 9MM with me.

First up was the gun as it has been, with the erratic ejection, no parts swapped. In the first magazine the BTF and erratic ejection continued. 20 rounds of this nonsense was enough, time to swap parts.

Swapped in the new RSA from Glock along with the "dipped" extractor they sent me. 30 rounds this way and the pistol performed EXACTLY as it did before the new parts were thrown in.

Next up tried the HRED with the "new" dipped extractor and the pistol was no better than before, and if I didn't know any better was even more erratic.

Next tried the Glockparts "non-dipped" extractor with the HRED, and the pistol was ejecting very strong out to between 3-5 o'clock every time. 125 rounds down range with this combo and not one single brass to the face, or to the left, or straight up and down. I had (2) pieces of brass go over my shoulder at a 45 degree angle, but the rest were much further away from me and bouncing of the divider of the range.

125 rounds by no means is any sign of reliability with these parts, but it's a start. The fact that the new parts from Smyrna had absolutely no effect to change things for the better was very enlightening. I will leave the HRED assembly and the non dipped extractor and see what happens over the next few hundred rounds. I know this combo has not worked for others, but so far it's working for me. So "in my case" the Apex part will be on hold "for now", as if the gun is working as it should with the current setup I see no need to spend another $60 at the moment.

One curious thing to me was, that the new non dipped extractor has no number on it like the other two, so nothing else to share there except it's the newer non dipped LCI 9MM version.

FM
Is your new non dipped extractor a Glock OEM or Lonewolf? My HRED experience was erratic ejections and BTFs with greater force. My non dipped LW investment cast extractor is *****in.
GPBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45   #65
GPBob

Hey, what happened? My post was just censored. Don't they allow California expressions?

Last edited by GPBob; 10-12-2012 at 09:47..
GPBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52   #66
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

The Non Dipped one is a factory Glock part that I am using with success with the HRED.

I have not ordered a LW extractor.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17   #67
JBS

Are you going to try factory EDP, SLB with White Sounds Defense spring and new factory non-dip extractor. Congratulations on your results so far.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22   #68
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS View Post
Are you going to try factory EDP, SLB with White Sounds Defense spring and new factory non-dip extractor. Congratulations on your results so far.
Probably will next time out just because. But I got the desired results with the HRED and non dipped extractor so called it good, because I took my new Savage .22 bolt action yesterday, and it was my first time out with it so I wanted to play. Got it sighted in and it's just too much fun, what a little tack driver. I'm still smiling from shooting that rifle. Also took my new to me mid size M&P 45 yesterday too, nothing bad at all to say there either. Thumb safety model with Apex FSS trigger kit, and it's just a great setup.

But I'm hooked on the .22 now, first bolt action rifle I have owned and I'm hooked. Now I see what all the rimfire guys are talking about, and the ammo is so cheap you can shoot all day long on the cheap.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30   #69
JBS

Well, you just had a great day yesterday. Wait till you discover the Olympic class .22 ammo and put 20 rounds through the same little hole.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50   #70
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS View Post
Well, you just had a great day yesterday. Wait till you discover the Olympic class .22 ammo and put 20 rounds through the same little hole.
Yeah me and another buddy Fireman of mine got to the range around 2:30 and we were there until they closed at 8PM.

No big deal yesterday, but the Savage really impressed me, such a cheap rifle, and so accurate, my 5 shot groups at 50 yards could be covered with a dime. And I haven't even messed with the TQ setting on the stock or anything. Liking the scope I got too, got good reviews and I'm happy with it. Was shooting CCI 40gr Standard velocity scored a 5K round case of it for a good price online, so I will be good for a while to shoot the bolt action.

General Glocking

General Glocking

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21   #71
Brandon712

Stupid question, what the hell is an HRED?
Brandon712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24   #72
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon712 View Post
http://www.whitesounddefense.com/pro....E.D.-9mm.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28   #73
curlysir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon712 View Post
High Reliability Extractor Depressor (H.R.E.D.)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:34   #74
curlysir

Glock appears to have improved the quality of their extractors lately. The 9mm non dipped LCI and the latest 40 (still dipped) LCI extractor I have ordered have been of much better quality then the previous mim extractors they replaced. The extractor in my 2009 G22 was was mim and showed significant wear marks on the top and bottom.

Hopefully they have figured out how to make good extractors like they used to.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55   #75
Genin
Designated Left

I really hope your ejection issues are fixed with the HRED combo you're using. Congrats on the positive results.

I also love my little 22lr rifle and I also use Meuller scopes. They are great!
Genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57   #76
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genin View Post
I really hope your ejection issues are fixed with the HRED combo you're using. Congrats on the positive results.

I also love my little 22lr rifle and I also use Meuller scopes. They are great!
Should get another couple hundred rounds at least through the G19 next week sometime, and I am really impressed with the mueller scope for the price point.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 13:27   #77
crimdelacrim

Gen 3 Glock 19

All summer, I worked to earn extra money for a gun (college student) and researched what gun to buy. Well, it seemed like the Gen 3 Glock 19 was the way to go...

I heard of BTF issues and thought "Whew..seems to be on gen 4..glad I bought a gen 3!" Next time to the range, my 5th or 6th shot thumped a hot casing right at my forehead pretty hard.

No...No...this couldn't be happening to me. Glocks are perfect. It says it on the box...

Well, I just accepted this as part of my gun. Last two times I shot (I shoot every few weeks) I actually encountered a hangup or two (various failures to eject).

Yesterday, I hit the range again. I had two hangups on the SAME magazine. I went home and emailed Glock because it was late. Guess I should have called them because I have not gotten a response.

I do not know what to do. It is currently my only handgun and I just bought a crossbreed holster for it. It seems like it is getting worse! I really really don't want to have to start replacing springs and extractors on a product I got on the assurance that it was "perfect." I knew that if my gun was going to be that damn ugly, it better perform flawlessly. Well...it doesn't. Is there any luck that Glock will release a late model gen 3 fix like they did the gen 4? I love this forum but unfortunately might be selling my glock in the future I hear m&p as well as xd do not malfunction this much. I feel really let down. Any advice?
Old 10-12-2012, 13:31   #78
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
All summer, I worked to earn extra money for a gun (college student) and researched what gun to buy. Well, it seemed like the Gen 3 Glock 19 was the way to go...

I heard of BTF issues and thought "Whew..seems to be on gen 4..glad I bought a gen 3!" Next time to the range, my 5th or 6th shot thumped a hot casing right at my forehead pretty hard.

No...No...this couldn't be happening to me. Glocks are perfect. It says it on the box...

Well, I just accepted this as part of my gun. Last two times I shot (I shoot every few weeks) I actually encountered a hangup or two (various failures to eject).

Yesterday, I hit the range again. I had two hangups on the SAME magazine. I went home and emailed Glock because it was late. Guess I should have called them because I have not gotten a response.

I do not know what to do. It is currently my only handgun and I just bought a crossbreed holster for it. It seems like it is getting worse! I really really don't want to have to start replacing springs and extractors on a product I got on the assurance that it was "perfect." I knew that if my gun was going to be that damn ugly, it better perform flawlessly. Well...it doesn't. Is there any luck that Glock will release a late model gen 3 fix like they did the gen 4? I love this forum but unfortunately might be selling my glock in the future I hear m&p as well as xd do not malfunction this much. I feel really let down. Any advice?
Try to sort out what your issue is first. Take a look at which extractor you have, etc. If not you can send the gun in also, they may fix it, may replace it, may send it back saying nothing is wrong with it.

Before you jump ship sort it out. That's my advice anyways. I will continue to update my thread as I put more rounds down range with the new setup.

FM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 13:36   #79
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
Try to sort out what your issue is first. Take a look at which extractor you have, etc. If not you can send the gun in also, they may fix it, may replace it, may send it back saying nothing is wrong with it.

Before you jump ship sort it out. That's my advice anyways. I will continue to update my thread as I put more rounds down range with the new setup.

FM
Thanks for giving me a little hope. That is the thing...it is my only handgun and I conceal carry every day. How long would I be without my gun? I hear problems with lots of the late gen 3 models and not many people who have them fixed. Maybe the ones with problems overshadow all of the ones that get fixed?

edit: does anyone have a link to this non dipped extractor? My gen 3 19 was manufactured in 2010. would a non dipped extractor help possibly?

Last edited by crimdelacrim; 10-12-2012 at 13:46..
crimdelacrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:50   #80
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
Thanks for giving me a little hope. That is the thing...it is my only handgun and I conceal carry every day. How long would I be without my gun? I hear problems with lots of the late gen 3 models and not many people who have them fixed. Maybe the ones with problems overshadow all of the ones that get fixed?
I can't say how long you would be without your gun brother, that would depend on many factors that are out of everyone's control.

I have seen many of the late Gen 3 guns get replaced with Gen 4 guns.

Like I said your first step would be to get the gun to an armorer for evaluation, then go from there.

I have a Glock that has had issues, but I have others that have never given me issues. So I didn't win the lotto on the most recent one. No big deal, just funny when people say it can't be a gun issue because Glocks are perfect.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!