SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 14:44   #26
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
When I joined this forum there weren't many people challenging religion. It has been good to watch the change. Religion can't stand up to an open honest debate. It requires censorship to thrive. Notice that religious debates are never on prime time. Networks are still intimidated so they continue to censor. Hitchens could debate politics on TV, but not religion. As the debate comes more into the open, religion will continue to lose more ground.
Yeah, that liberal media is so intimidated you can't get a word out of them, lol
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:37   #27
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
THIS is NOT a religious forum, by any means.

It's an atheist vs believers battle forum.
Literally a free for all where those who present the strongest argument win.
As it should be. Got a problem with that? Shouldn't the strongest argument win? Interesting that you admit Christians don't have the strongest arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
[B][U]THIS[If it were a religious forum the atheists would have been given the boot long ago.

Or burned at the stake. Miss the good old days?

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:50   #28
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
And this is what happens when Atheists no longer post.

The Day of Atonement

Arguments over who is and is not a true christian based on dogmatic stances of various biblical interpretations.
Notice in one thread everyone is joking around and cutting up. In the thread you quoted everyone criticizes everyone else for not being the right kind of Christian.

I'm an Astros fan, and I like the Rangers, too. I know some of you guys might like the Braves, the Giants, or even the As; but the important thing is that we all hate the Yankees. We just hate them in different ways. It's a concept that the Christians have totally forgotten.

It's been a long time since I read Nietzsche's Antichrist, but I think that is a pretty good paraphrase of it.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:53   #29
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Like the rebirth of Russia under Stalin.

Or China under Mao Tse-tung.
No silly. That's communism. We're talking about a democratic republic truly free of all religious nonsense. Utopia perhaps?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 20:51   #30
brokenprism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
And this is what happens when Atheists no longer post.

Arguments over who is and is not a true christian based on dogmatic stances of various biblical interpretations.
I'm surprised at this. Several of you guys claim to come from 'churched' backgrounds, and you forget so soon that even in Christianity there is a right, and a wrong.

The real fight is not between evolutionists and creationists, or apologists and skeptics; the fight that matters is the fight to maintain the purity of the gospel. The false prophet is far and away more dangerous than the atheist. This constant insecure harping about myths and fairy tales and the church keeping you down is a sideshow to the real struggle.

"I felt it necessary to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 3)

The faith was delivered once. For all. The legalists are wrong, and I called them on it. But it's not your fight -- the faith is for the saints -- so feel free to sit it out.

Last edited by brokenprism; 10-10-2012 at 21:13..
brokenprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 21:10   #31
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
I'm surprised at this. Several of you guys claim to come from 'churched' backgrounds, and you forget so soon that even in Christianity there is a right, and a wrong.

The real fight is not between evolutionists and creationists, or apologists and skeptics; the fight that matters is the fight to maintain the purity of the gospel. The false prophet is far and away more dangerous than the atheist. No offense, but you guys are a sideshow. You'll get all the proof you can stand at the parousia; just be patient.

"I felt it necessary to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 3)

There is a faith. It was delivered once. For all. The legalists are wrong, and I called them on it. But it's not your fight, so feel free to sit it out.
Each of you will claim that your interpretation is the correct one and the other guy is worshipping all wrong. The few times I tune in to those arguments it's petty stuff, like should I worship on Saturday or Sunday? Do I worship on Christmas or some Jewish holiday?

Rather than hate the Yankees together some of you get so sick of the other team's fans that you go watch college ball, or badminton.

The other guys might be rooting for the wrong team, but they still hate the Yankees same as you.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 22:27   #32
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Perhaps a little Emo Phillips...
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18   #33
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No silly. That's communism. We're talking about a democratic republic truly free of all religious nonsense. Utopia perhaps?
Here's a mixed bag of utopian bliss from the 20th century alone.
This merely scratches the surface of the negative human condition.

http://necrometrics.com/20c5m.htm

Here's a murder stat.
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

How about some serial killers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ers_by_country

Interesting that human nature, which is secular, is at the crux of history's atrocities. But of course the atheists here are in denial. They want to place blame elsewhere.

Really sad that mankind has so much potential for greatness and has accomplished such great things, but at the same time can be so stupid.

Last edited by Blast; 10-11-2012 at 01:35..
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48   #34
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
As it should be. Got a problem with that? Shouldn't the strongest argument win? Interesting that you admit Christians don't have the strongest arguments.

Or burned at the stake. Miss the good old days?
"We can't let them forget what they said when they had the power. This is really true, and if you don't believe it, we will kill you."

Sam Harris
paraphrased
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12   #35
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Interesting that human nature, which is secular, is at the crux of history's atrocities. But of course the atheists here are in denial. They want to place blame elsewhere.
I think you're coloring things in a bit of a stupid fashion. Take WWI for example. Not particularly a religious affair. I don't believe any rational person has ever blamed religion or more specifically Christianity for WWI. Stalin's deal had nothing to do with Atheism. It was due to communism and more than likely Anti-Religionism to an extremist level. Where we can point a finger of blame is somewhere like the crusades or 9-11 towers attacks. These are definitely religiously motivated.

But your point is taken that murder and war are human nature to a high degree. But it seems like having religion around isn't stopping it, only escalating it. So seems we'd be better off without it... don't you think? Sure... we're gonna keep on killing each other. But at least we might stop killing each other over who's God has better abs.

Quote:
Really sad that mankind has so much potential for greatness and has accomplished such great things, but at the same time can be so stupid.
Very true. Which is why I think moving away from religion is part of the cure for that stupidity.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16   #36
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post

Not surprised. Just pointing out that the religious are combative by nature and always tend towards conflict.

Quote:
The real fight is not between evolutionists and creationists, or apologists and skeptics; the fight that matters is the fight to maintain the purity of the gospel. The false prophet is far and away more dangerous than the atheist. This constant insecure harping about myths and fairy tales and the church keeping you down is a sideshow to the real struggle.
Yeah, sure seems that way don't it?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 10-11-2012 at 09:16..
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30   #37
Bren
NRA Life Member

Just checking: did they quit posting yet?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:39   #38
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
As regularly pointed out the forum is Religious Issues, not the Happy Happy Joy Joy Christian Affirmation Forum -- if you're looking for that I believe christianforums.com requires agreement with the Nicene Creed, and they're quick to ban challengers.

The one Muslim that participated here was run off not by the atheists, but Christians, quite possibly tired of all the bashing and being told that he's a liar.

The last regularly participating Jew, FifthFreedom, was also run off not by atheists, but by abusive Christians, and was tired of having Judaism called the Church of Satan.

For anybody that hasn't noticed, the Christian on Christian "exchanges" here are often more venomous than the theist/atheist threads. I think that the Catholics are held in more contempt than the atheists, and "whore of Babylon" references were once common.

All that an atheist-free Christian forum would provide would be more room for Catholic vs. SDA vs. CoG vs. Messianic Jew vs. ... without anybody to interject reason ( okay, that last bit was a joke), and that doesn't sound very enjoyable.

cheers,
-ArtificialGrape
Overall, a good post.

One quibble about the Muslim who was "run off" by being "told that he's a liar":
If someone is lying, as his 'religion' tells him to do in order to promote its supremacy, and if his murderous ideology (remember the Armenian Genocide? 9/11? Fort Hood? etc, etc?) is gaining ground while freedom retreats, is a freedom-lover, whether Christian, agnostic, Jewish, or whatever, supposed to just remain silent?

How will silence save freedom?

But I agree with your point that Christians should not be bashing each other. Satan loves that kind of thing. I believe the Bible okays different denominations -we can politely disagree without being disagreeable. See 1 Corinthians 12:6 and Luke 9:49,50.

We are warned against interdenominational strife -see James 5:9- and told that "Love suffereth long" (1 Corinthians 13:4) and also that we lack much knowledge just yet ("for now we see through a glass darkly").

So keep up the good work, Artificial Grape, of being reasonable and polite in your arguments. Forcing Christians to look up material to counterargue is good for them, strengthens them.
Old 10-11-2012, 18:45   #39
Ramjet38
SONS OF LIBERTY

LOL. Faith in the Word versus man's science. What's there to debate?...Not a thing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-11-2012, 22:42   #40
dbcooper

Well the athesim is a religion threads would be pretty boring. Snowbird would have to go to PI or the lounge to find someone to give totals of those killed because of the leftist dhimmi pawns of Islam. And the differing sects here would have to be content to quibble amongst themselves.

When you consider the depth of feelings involved in some of the issus discussed here things are suprisingly civil, for the most part
Old 10-11-2012, 22:54   #41
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Overall, a good post.

One quibble about the Muslim who was "run off" by being "told that he's a liar":
If someone is lying, as his 'religion' tells him to do in order to promote its supremacy,
Good point. Is it your religion that compels you to lie?

Still haven't seen you point out any sharia laws in Dearborn to back up your claims (oops, should have said LIES).

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:08   #42
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Good point. Is it your religion that compels you to lie?

Still haven't seen you point out any sharia laws in Dearborn to back up your claims (oops, should have said LIES).

Randy
The power of Christ compels you

Old 10-12-2012, 00:12   #43
AlexHassin

Quote:

The Bible is right.

Humans have been a fallen race ever since Adam and Eve listened to Satan disguised as a serpent, and ate the forbidden fruit. Salvation does not come from rejecting God. Just the opposite, in fact.

where does it say Satan? it was a snake, it never said Satan. have you even read the bible?
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 00:17   #44
AlexHassin

Quote:
Overall, a good post.

kind of like you lie about Satan and a snake?
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22   #45
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
kind of like you lie about Satan and a snake?
"Lie" is a pretty strong and hostile word, and on what evidence? None. You sound like an 'extremist', and a deceptive one at that.

Have you ever met a talking snake? Neither have I.

If you did, might you not be ready to believe something supernatural was afoot? Perhaps that Satan had disguised himself as a snake? The footnote in my KJV Bible re Genesis 3:1 says, "The great deceiver clothed himself as a serpent, as one of God's good creatures. He insinuated a falsehood and portrayed rebellion as clever, but essentially innocent, self-interest. Therefore, "the devil, or Satan", is later referred to as "that old serpent" -Revelations12:9; 20:2."

Old 10-12-2012, 09:27   #46
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Why is it, you guys always want to censor or silence us. Can your story book not withstand a little questioning?
What bone do you have to pick against God?
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:28   #47
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Is it your religion that compels you to lie?
Leftist dhimmis sure do project a lot around here. They lie in support of their Islam, which teaches takiyya (lying)

But the Bible forewarned of this sort of thing: "If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, Whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest". -Proverbs 29:9 Try giving it a rest.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29   #48
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
What bone do you have to pick against God?
Lots. And every time we do it's the same thing. "Why do you guys come to a religious room?" "The atheists should be given the boot.". I don't want to silence you believers. I don't want to censor you. I want to confront you and ultimately dismantle your religion.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31   #49
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet38 View Post
LOL. Faith in the Word versus man's science. What's there to debate?...Not a thing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Agreed. Bronze Age Mythology written by savages versus factual scientific data. It's a no brainer for sure.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16   #50
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Lots. And every time we do it's the same thing. "Why do you guys come to a religious room?" "The atheists should be given the boot.". I don't want to silence you believers. I don't want to censor you. I want to confront you and ultimately dismantle your religion.
Ok, how can you have a bone to pick against someone you believe doesn't exist? You seem to be bigoted and full of hate. You don't want to silence or censor, but you want to dismantle. Ok...
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote