Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 22:54   #41
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Overall, a good post.

One quibble about the Muslim who was "run off" by being "told that he's a liar":
If someone is lying, as his 'religion' tells him to do in order to promote its supremacy,
Good point. Is it your religion that compels you to lie?

Still haven't seen you point out any sharia laws in Dearborn to back up your claims (oops, should have said LIES).

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 23:08   #42
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Good point. Is it your religion that compels you to lie?

Still haven't seen you point out any sharia laws in Dearborn to back up your claims (oops, should have said LIES).

Randy
The power of Christ compels you

Old 10-12-2012, 00:12   #43
AlexHassin

Quote:

The Bible is right.

Humans have been a fallen race ever since Adam and Eve listened to Satan disguised as a serpent, and ate the forbidden fruit. Salvation does not come from rejecting God. Just the opposite, in fact.

where does it say Satan? it was a snake, it never said Satan. have you even read the bible?
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 00:17   #44
AlexHassin

Quote:
Overall, a good post.

One quibble about the Muslim who was "run off" by being "told that he's a liar":
kind of like you lie about Satan and a snake?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22   #45
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
kind of like you lie about Satan and a snake?
"Lie" is a pretty strong and hostile word, and on what evidence? None. You sound like an 'extremist', and a deceptive one at that.

Have you ever met a talking snake? Neither have I.

If you did, might you not be ready to believe something supernatural was afoot? Perhaps that Satan had disguised himself as a snake? The footnote in my KJV Bible re Genesis 3:1 says, "The great deceiver clothed himself as a serpent, as one of God's good creatures. He insinuated a falsehood and portrayed rebellion as clever, but essentially innocent, self-interest. Therefore, "the devil, or Satan", is later referred to as "that old serpent" -Revelations12:9; 20:2."

Old 10-12-2012, 09:27   #46
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Why is it, you guys always want to censor or silence us. Can your story book not withstand a little questioning?
What bone do you have to pick against God?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:28   #47
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Is it your religion that compels you to lie?
Leftist dhimmis sure do project a lot around here. They lie in support of their Islam, which teaches takiyya (lying)

But the Bible forewarned of this sort of thing: "If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, Whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest". -Proverbs 29:9 Try giving it a rest.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29   #48
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
What bone do you have to pick against God?
Lots. And every time we do it's the same thing. "Why do you guys come to a religious room?" "The atheists should be given the boot.". I don't want to silence you believers. I don't want to censor you. I want to confront you and ultimately dismantle your religion.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31   #49
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet38 View Post
LOL. Faith in the Word versus man's science. What's there to debate?...Not a thing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Agreed. Bronze Age Mythology written by savages versus factual scientific data. It's a no brainer for sure.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16   #50
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Lots. And every time we do it's the same thing. "Why do you guys come to a religious room?" "The atheists should be given the boot.". I don't want to silence you believers. I don't want to censor you. I want to confront you and ultimately dismantle your religion.
Ok, how can you have a bone to pick against someone you believe doesn't exist? You seem to be bigoted and full of hate. You don't want to silence or censor, but you want to dismantle. Ok...

Old 10-12-2012, 11:25   #51
muscogee

Quote:
"Lie" is a pretty strong and hostile word, and on what evidence? None. You sound like an 'extremist', and a deceptive one at that.

Because snakes don't talk.

Quote:
If you did, might you not be ready to believe something supernatural was afoot? Perhaps that Satan had disguised himself as a snake?
Perhaps it never happened.

Quote:
The footnote in my KJV Bible re Genesis 3:1 says, "The great deceiver clothed himself as a serpent, as one of God's good creatures. He insinuated a falsehood and portrayed rebellion as clever, but essentially innocent, self-interest. Therefore, "the devil, or Satan", is later referred to as "that old serpent" -Revelations12:9; 20:2."

Well if it says so in the footnotes then it must be true. I didn't realize God used footnotes.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28   #52
muscogee

Quote:
But the Bible forewarned of this sort of thing: "If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, Whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest". -Proverbs 29:9
Then that settles it. If the Bible says it then it must be true.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42   #53
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:

If you did, might you not be ready to believe something supernatural was afoot? Perhaps that Satan had disguised himself as a snake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Because snakes don't talk.

Perhaps it never happened.
Occam's Razor.

Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46   #54
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Ok, how can you have a bone to pick against someone you believe doesn't exist? You seem to be bigoted and full of hate. You don't want to silence or censor, but you want to dismantle. Ok...
To be more accurate I have a bone to pick with the concept of God.

Bigoted... mmm... no not really. I know some fine Christians. But it has nothing to do with them being Christian. They're just good people. They'd be just as good were they Muslim or Agnostic. I tend to work on a case by case basis.

But yes... I do want to do everything in my power to dismantle religion and the concept of God. But not by force mind you. Just with reason and logic. I want to help in every way I can to decrease the number of gaps that God hides in.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:49   #55
AlexHassin

Quote:

If you did, might you not be ready to believe something supernatural was afoot? Perhaps that Satan had disguised himself as a snake? The footnote in my KJV Bible re Genesis 3:1 says, "The great deceiver clothed himself as a serpent, as one of God's good creatures. He insinuated a falsehood and portrayed rebellion as clever, but essentially innocent, self-interest. Therefore, "the devil, or Satan", is later referred to as "that old serpent" -Revelations12:9; 20:2."

so no mention of Satan until the Christians came along years latter. how odd and revisionist. no where in genesis is Satan mentioned now is he?

an no i have never met a talking snake. i and everyone else alive have not seen half the stuff that is said to be able happen according to the bible.

plus Satan is suppose to be evil right? but the snake was doing a good thing by giving us knowledge. so are you saying Satan is a good guy?

Last edited by AlexHassin; 10-12-2012 at 11:51.. Reason: clarity
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13   #56
Glock36shooter

Quote:
so no mention of Satan until the Christians came along years latter. how odd and revisionist. no where in genesis is Satan mentioned now is he?

an no i have never met a talking snake. i and everyone else alive have not seen half the stuff that is said to be able happen according to the bible.

plus Satan is suppose to be evil right? but the snake was doing a good thing by giving us knowledge. so are you saying Satan is a good guy?
Satan was a very late invention. At that time the Jews were just being absolutely tormented by the Romans. And so they invented a supernatural concept by which their tormentors would themselves eventually be tormented. But if you watch the history unfold Satan is absolutely and invention of man. He's the boogie man... the voice in your head that makes you do bad things... the monster under your bed.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:19   #57
snowbird

Quote:

Are you saying that you believe in Genesis, but not the rest of the Bible? Different, for sure, but why do I suspect that you don't believe in Genesis either?

Yes, Satan personifies evil. No, the snake (a.k.a. Satan) was not doing a good thing. He pretended to do a good thing, but, you see, that's just the problem with Satan; he's a con man. He was actually tempting people to sin; to rebel against God's will. That's one of the points of the story -don't be gullible for Satanic lies.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21   #58
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
To be more accurate I have a bone to pick with the concept of God.

Bigoted... mmm... no not really. I know some fine Christians. But it has nothing to do with them being Christian. They're just good people. They'd be just as good were they Muslim or Agnostic. I tend to work on a case by case basis.

But yes... I do want to do everything in my power to dismantle religion and the concept of God. But not by force mind you. Just with reason and logic. I want to help in every way I can to decrease the number of gaps that God hides in.
Why so much hate?

Quote:

Quote:
Satan was a very late invention. At that time the Jews were just being absolutely tormented by the Romans. And so they invented a supernatural concept by which their tormentors would themselves eventually be tormented. But if you watch the history unfold Satan is absolutely and invention of man. He's the boogie man... the voice in your head that makes you do bad things... the monster under your bed.
Did Rome happen before or after Job? I'm forgetting my history here.

Old 10-12-2012, 14:21   #59
AlexHassin

Quote:
Are you saying that you believe in Genesis, but not the rest of the Bible? Different, for sure, but why do I suspect that you don't believe in Genesis either?

Yes, Satan personifies evil. No, the snake (a.k.a. Satan) was not doing a good thing. He pretended to do a good thing, but, you see, that's just the problem with Satan; he's a con man. He was actually tempting people to sin; to rebel against God's will. That's one of the points of the story -don't be gullible for Satanic lies.
don't believe in it, but i can judge right and wrong and read the stories. the fruit contained knowledge, so that the only thing separating us from god/s/ ( he does say us) is eating from the tree of everlasting life.

so is the knowledge that god have bad? what is wrong with making humans rise up and be better?
Old 10-12-2012, 22:21   #60
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Did Rome happen before or after Job? I'm forgetting my history here.
The Adversary of Job is not the same as the Satan of Christianity.