Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:39   #1
DannyR

Charleston, SC 2012 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Please post your stories and photos here. Best wishes to all.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 16:41   #2
Hadoken

Shot poorly ( I seem to get worse with each match) but the range was set up very well and the ROs I encountered were great. I'd say this match is ran as well as Morganton and with a better range layout.
Morganton does great with what they have but this was nice all around. Definitely will add this match to my rotation each year.
Hadoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:12   #3
DannyR

Now that is mighty high praise!
Bull Dawg #1

DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:15   #4
wilhelm51

I did better, although at this point no one needs to worry about me knocking them out of first place yet.

I looked at my times for Columbia and Conyers and realized that my scores included penalties for 10 or 11 misses in each of the two divisions I shot. Clearly, I needed to focus on accuracy.

Without a full analysis, my times (w/o penalties) may have increased 5 or so seconds for each division while reducing my misses by 5 or 6. So I traded 5 seconds to gain 50. I'm pleased. A little more range time and I can start shaving real time from my scores.

I'll agree that everything was set up well and ran smoothly. It was a well run event.

wilhelm
wilhelm51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 21:28   #5
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
...I'd say this match is ran as well as Morganton and with a better range layout...
But Danny said it best once... you can just about stand in one spot and shoot all the stages in Morgantown. Pretty convenient there, but I've never been to Charleston to see the difference. Glockrunner's on top of it so...
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:47   #6
Hadoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
But Danny said it best once... you can just about stand in one spot and shoot all the stages in Morgantown. Pretty convenient there, but I've never been to Charleston to see the difference. Glockrunner's on top of it so...
Well, you can't stand in one spot, but they have all of their bays in a straight line, so you can start at one end and sign in down the line then just shoot your way back to the starting point and to the car.

The only room for improvement I saw was maybe a few more signs. I walked to what I thought was the last bay where there were two plate racks, and then it turns out there was a 3rd plate rack in the next bay with no wait. An RO was walking between the two plate bays to let people know though.

We arrived around 12:45 and waited maybe a total of 30 minutes (2 shooters / 4 entries). Honestly I needed that 30 minute break to spend time pasting targets to get my mind off of my poor shooting! No plate wait, no M wait, and just those few shooters at 5tG. They had 2 5tG stations running in one bay but were alternating shooters, however they had 2 M running in a single bay at the same time.

Including time for us to look at the vendor tables, grab a drink, and reload our magazines between stages we were there slightly over 2 hours.

Also SARDG, you may be happy to know that all of the ROs I had switched sides so to watch my trigger finger and run the timer since I am a lefty.

Before anyone takes my Morganton comment has heresy, I should add that this is my first year in GSSF and this match concludes my first year. I shot Morganton, Knoxville, Columbia and Charleston. My next match will be Morganton in April, so plenty of time to practice.

Last edited by Hadoken; 10-14-2012 at 08:51..
Hadoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 15:48   #7
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Well, you can't stand in one spot, but they have all of their bays in a straight line, so you can start at one end and sign in down the line then just shoot your way back to the starting point and to the car.
The only room for improvement I saw was maybe a few more signs. I walked to what I thought was the last bay where there were two plate racks, and then it turns out there was a 3rd plate rack in the next bay with no wait. An RO was walking between the two plate bays to let people know though.

We arrived around 12:45 and waited maybe a total of 30 minutes (2 shooters / 4 entries). Honestly I needed that 30 minute break to spend time pasting targets to get my mind off of my poor shooting! No plate wait, no M wait, and just those few shooters at 5tG. They had 2 5tG stations running in one bay but were alternating shooters, however they had 2 M running in a single bay at the same time.

Including time for us to look at the vendor tables, grab a drink, and reload our magazines between stages we were there slightly over 2 hours.

Also SARDG, you may be happy to know that all of the ROs I had switched sides so to watch my trigger finger and run the timer since I am a lefty.

Before anyone takes my Morganton comment has heresy, I should add that this is my first year in GSSF and this match concludes my first year. I shot Morganton, Knoxville, Columbia and Charleston. My next match will be Morganton in April, so plenty of time to practice.
If that is a good thing, Mobile should be a good match.
Old 10-14-2012, 16:28   #8
SARDG

[QUOTE=Hadoken;19517047...Also SARDG, you may be happy to know that all of the ROs I had switched sides so to watch my trigger finger and run the timer since I am a lefty...[/QUOTE]
Wait just a minute!?!? You mean people actually read or listen to what I say or have said here - or at the matches? I had no idea!

Actually, ol' Bob T. (Glockrunner) does it that way as well and he was going to be mentoring the ROs there. HOOO RAAAY for Bob and all the ROs. It takes no more time to do it safely and correctly, and the ROs can catch those errant little fingers that also give a competitive advantage.

Kitty
Old 10-14-2012, 17:08   #9
Buski

Pgc gssf

Well Done!!

Shot today (ie Sunday). Had a fantastic time!

Match was very well run. ROs, GSSF Staff & Bob! Thankyou!

The only match, that I have been to, that had EMS ON Station. Well thought out, prepared & executed.

This was the best match I have been to.

I'll be back next year.

Good shooting
Buski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 18:06   #10
emtjr928

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Wait just a minute!?!? You mean people actually read or listen to what I say or have said here - or at the matches? I had no idea! :wow
Kitty
What???? I was Napping SARDG,,,, you say something?
emtjr928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 18:33   #11
weagle

As usual I had a fantastic time manning the Ed's Public Safety tables. The weather was awesome, and I heard nothing but praise about the RO's and the way the match was run. Talked to a good number of first timers who all said they had a great time.

GSSF

GSSF

GSSF

Certified Glock Armorer/GSSF Lifetime Member
Glock Professional Instructor
weagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 18:35   #12
weagle

GSSF

GSSF

GSSF

GSSF

Old 10-14-2012, 18:37   #13
weagle

GSSF

GSSF

GSSF

GSSF

Old 10-14-2012, 18:39   #14
weagle

GSSF

GSSF

GSSF

Old 10-14-2012, 18:39   #15
dg21

Charleston SC

Between the weather, ro's and the match set-up take your pick; all were fantastic
Old 10-14-2012, 19:02   #16
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by weagle View Post
GSSF
I recognize the 'food' trailer and Glockrunner - two important parts of this match.

Where's Mrs. GR?
Old 10-14-2012, 19:55   #17
lethal tupperwa

well Kitty there was one kind of "complaint"

Someone made a 2 day hotel reservation

but they went through so smoothly and fast that they did not need it.

Bob and Pat and Everyone, your hard work paid off with a well run match. Lt

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER

Last edited by lethal tupperwa; 10-15-2012 at 06:21..
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 20:38   #18
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Hindsight: No tables to partake lunch under to get out of the sun. But we had lots of shade for the trees.

I didn't notice until today the practice plates had no timer.

I forgot to publicly thank my most important assoicate, my Assit. Director, Ms. Cindy for it was her & husband, Tommy that did most of the work in getting the match running smoothly and RO's squared away.

I forgot to publicly thank GSSF for allowing us to host the match. I have just never been a very good speaker in front of crowds off the cuff.

I have to give a lot of credit to many others both individual and groups of folks that have allowed me to copy their efforts. I think it is like taking advice, listen to it all, but pick and choose carefully and attempt to emulate what you see done very well elsewhere.

Don with Ed's Public Safety has done a wonderful job and fully supported our new match for two years in a row. In one or two of his posted pictures there is a fella in a red apron. While Hugh has been my first and only food vendor. Great selection of food from breakfast to lunch. And snacks too. The economy slowed some of the other vendors from making the match and I support their concerns. We'll see'm next year if:

ALL OF US get out and VOTE

Last but not least, without the competitors, our trained staff could not have pulled it all off with just under 400 entries. I applaud them for spending their time and assets to visit Charleston, Summerville, and the Palmetto Gun Club. We had a good showing of new GSSF members too.

See you all in Lexington, KY match if I don't breakdown on some off road logging trail in them mountains with my Jeep. :-)

Last edited by Glockrunner; 10-14-2012 at 20:44..
Glockrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37   #19
Able 5

Awesome match!!!

Bob and the crew of Palmetto Gun Club know how to do it right...and I agree it is as good or better as any other out there.

We, Buski and my brother from Va, had a great time and will see ya again next year. Bob, thanks for a most memorable plate run, we had a blast
Able 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 15:48   #20
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able 5 View Post
Awesome match!!!

Bob and the crew of Palmetto Gun Club know how to do it right...and I agree it is as good or better as any other out there.

We, Buski and my brother from Va, had a great time and will see ya again next year. Bob, thanks for a most memorable plate run, we had a blast
I have seldom had a chance to run a Plate Rack, Man was that FUN!

Being hidden away from the rest of the fray was special too.

And I got special treatment back there later, but I can't tell and had a good plate run for me...