Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:06   #41
vafish

Considering my Facebook page says I am a NRA instructor and a rifle coach everyone who can see it can make a pretty easy assumption that I carry.

I find it rather ironic that someone who makes a living as a gun writer would tell everyone else that concealed means concealed don't tell anyone you carry. That's hypocrisy right there.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14   #42
AtlantaR6

I think the OP is over reacting, even to the point of having him delete his post quickly?

Who cares? It's like a 25 year old saying he is having drinks tonight at dinner. OMG, what if a cop sees that and starts following him?
AtlantaR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:52   #43
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

It's a big whoopdeedooo about nothing.

As several others have stated, you post on GT (social media) and they post on FB......not a lot of difference and on FB only the people you have befriended can see it, or those who stumble onto your page, which they would have to be looking for it. At GT, I just go to a thread and see who says "concealed means concealed" to give me a good idea of who carrys.

Since I OC some, many people that know me assume I may be carrying if it's not visible.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28   #44
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2718 View Post
People make too big of a deal about the concealed means concealed. I think it makes them feel like James Bond. Some people are so paranoid that they won't tell their wife they carry. I think those people need some serious help.

This.

Even not letting friends know? You're just setting yourself up for awkward moments. To each their own though. I guess if the OP wants to come across as an arrogant mall ninja, thinking the world is out to get him, then by all means!

This is also why stereo-types like such exist in the gun community.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44   #45
Yankee2718

I think that everyone I am close friends with knows I carry. I'm an LEO, but that doesnt change the game. Nowadays people are so wrapped up in their iPhone that they won't have a clue. I've never had an awkward moment I couldn't think my way out of. The 2nd rule of CCW CLUB is think on your feet. Evade detection.
Yankee2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01   #46
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
How is this stupid? Shake your head in disbelief? All he said was he was going to a concealed carry class. Who cares? Are you in the D.C. area or anywhere in Illinois? That's the only thing I could think of where it'd be stupid to advertise anything about carrying handguns.

Not everyone cares about concealment like you, we don't all pretend to be Jason Bourne...
I don't pretend to be anyone. I just think advertising it is stupid. Others disagree. No need to be try to be insulting about it...obviously it struck a nerve with you, since you chose to end your little rant with an wise crack and a . Glad you could entertain yourself.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:30   #47
Filhar

I'm a "gun guy". I shoot Cowboy Action and promote shooting sports and oc or concealed carry all the time. I'm not ashamed of my ideas or am afraid to support them. If friends or acquaintances have issues, that's their problem. Come out of the closet and share what you believe or live with the sheep.
Filhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:24   #48
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

I may "live with the sheep" in your perception, but I protect my own and I refuse to go down without a fight. My friends and family know what I'm about.

But the general population doesn't, and it's none of their business. That's the point of it, see? I don't want to advertise; I want to blend in. I would rather an attacker be unaware of my presence until he has a gaping chest wound to think about. Then he'll know I was carrying.
Old 10-09-2012, 15:30   #49
DaneA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarandScotch View Post
I may "live with the sheep" in your perception, but I protect my own and I refuse to go down without a fight. My friends and family know what I'm about.

But the general population doesn't, and it's none of their business. That's the point of it, see? I don't want to advertise; I want to blend in. I would rather an attacker be unaware of my presence until he has a gaping chest wound to think about. Then he'll know I was carrying.
Way to backtrack

DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 15:55   #50
SpringerTGO

Quote:
I don't pretend to be anyone. I just think advertising it is stupid. Others disagree. No need to be try to be insulting about it...obviously it struck a nerve with you, since you chose to end your little rant with an wise crack and a . Glad you could entertain yourself.
Look at the title of your thread. It's o.k. for you to be insulting, but not people who disagree with you.

Not to be insulting, but isn't that hypocritical?
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:22   #51
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

Yes. Yes it is. Thank you for noticing; I hoped someone would be paying attention.
Old 10-10-2012, 14:14   #52
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
A friend of mine, bless his heart, is nice as can be...but is as dumb as a post. He posted on facebook that he and his girlfriend were on their way to their concealed carry class!

I sent him a private message advising him against it (told him "concealed means concealed!"), but since he was on his phone rather than at a PC, he had no way to delete it. As I said, he is a super nice guy, but he is always doing things that cause me to shake my head in disbelief...
Maybe he's not ridculously paranoid. If that's the case, he probably thinks you're a tinfoil hatted nut.

What a strange attitude about guns. It seems to be mainly among people who didn't grow up with guns and got their first one as an adult. It's like you still view them as something mysterious and forbidden. I don't get you guys at all.
Old 10-10-2012, 15:37   #53
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

I am OK with that.
Old 10-10-2012, 21:48   #54
vmann
Controller

are we ready to move on yet.....who cares what anyone else does

U.S. ARMY
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:38   #55
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

I don't make a point of telling everyone or anyone in particular that I CCW. However, I don't hide it, either. If it comes up in conversation, I have no problem promoting the 2nd Amendment.

Here's an interesting observation that I've made MANY times. When I've told folks that I am licensed to carry concealed, almost ALL of them will say something like, "But, you don't actually carry, do you?" or "So, do you just carry when you go to a bad neighborhood?" or "So, do you just keep it in the car?"

So, a lot of people assume you don't carry even if licensed to do so. Go figure.

Last edited by racer88; 10-12-2012 at 14:38..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52   #56
TMNKWD

Maybe I should cancel my order for this then?
Attached Thumbnails
Carry Issues - Click for larger version  
TMNKWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:19   #57
McGAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbandit View Post
I don't care anymore. If someone I know asks me about it I'll tell them straight if I'm carrying or not, I have no reason to hide that I own and carry firearms.
Exactly.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:27   #58
F350

I OC all the time during the warm months so I really don't much give a crap about anyone knowing. In fact when the wife and I take our evening walks around the neighborhood I OC, so I don't think there are too many people that don't know I carry.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:52   #59
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNKWD View Post
Maybe I should cancel my order for this then?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 14:28   #60
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Man, you're really gonna lose it when his CCW starter kit comes in the mail...

it comes with this....
Carry Issues

and this...

Carry Issues

and who can forget this?

Carry Issues
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote