Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2008, 18:56   #1
Brent D

Old army/war type game.

Ok I dont know how far back all of you go, but back in the days of the bbs, there was a game similar to this. It had alot of what has been mentioned in the recomendation thread. Allies, inactive soldiers after attack etc. Does anyone have any idea what it might have been? I cant for the life of me remember.
Old 10-25-2011, 22:38   #2
G_34
STUMPY

Was it one of the Command and Conquer games?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:28   #3
Sgt. Rambo

I had it and it was one of the best games. Moved in Hexes... Give me a minute... Crud... lots of videos of WWII scenes during battles.....On the tip of my tongue... UGH!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 22:25   #4
raindog17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Rambo View Post
I had it and it was one of the best games. Moved in Hexes... Give me a minute... Crud... lots of videos of WWII scenes during battles.....On the tip of my tongue... UGH!!!
Panzer General?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:22   #5
Glockworks
Ready/Aim/Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent D View Post
Ok I dont know how far back all of you go, but back in the days of the bbs, there was a game similar to this. It had alot of what has been mentioned in the recomendation thread. Allies, inactive soldiers after attack etc. Does anyone have any idea what it might have been? I cant for the life of me remember.
Similar one was called Crusade in Europe. It was mostly though tanks and aircraft and you moved in hexes. Another great one from Microprose and I think CIE was from them too was Red Storm Rising, a sub game that used your mind. Also harpoon was good, especially when you could edit the amounts and types of ships/aircraft.
Old 10-13-2012, 20:17   #6
RonS

"Steel Panthers" is hex based, very intensively researched with the physics of armor thickness modeled against angles of fire etc. It is available free. I seem to recall that the original had scenes that played between moves but I think they were to fill the computing time, with modern PCs I don't think they need to do that.
Old 06-05-2013, 19:56   #7
CBennett

Steel panthers? Great game btw heck i go all the way back to pen and paper/cardboard counter games like Squad Leader,FollowMe,Panzer Blitz, etc,etc :-)
Old 07-03-2013, 21:46   #8
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Axis and Allies?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

« Banned IP address | - »