GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01   #226
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,684
Blog Entries: 1
Before jesus all people in the world go to heaven if they are basically good people.

"See? It is belief in Christ, the Messiah, and Him alone that justifies a person"

This isn't complicated. Jesus reversed the law and added hell.

Before jesus all good people go to heaven. After jesus everybody goes to hell except christians.


If you want to say that I am wrong because non christians still go go heaven same as they did before jesus, then please say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
First, it is Noahide.

Second, Jesus Christ fulfilled the entire Law from G-d (i.e., from Genesis to Malachi); therefore, He was was within His every right as a true Priest of the People to proclaim the NEW Covenant between G-d and mankind. Jesus Christ, the Messiah, while fulfilling the "Old Law" also released the captives UNDER the "Old Law."

Do you think that Old testament Jews went to heaven? No way! They were waiting for the promise of the Redeemer, the Messiah, to come. This is why the Holy Bible states unequivocally, in Romans, Chapter 3:19 - 26, "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier[sic] of him which believeth[sic] in Jesus."

See? It is belief in Christ, the Messiah, and Him alone that justifies a person. So knowing, if the Old Testament Peoples believed in the promise of the Messiah, so to them was the righteousness of the Creator (i.e., Jesus Christ) imparted and Jehovah looked upon them that believed in the Promise as being just as righteous as those that met Him face to face.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt

Last edited by frank4570; 10-17-2012 at 08:03..
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40   #227
BradD
Senior Member
 
BradD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Mid-South
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
As I've shared, and you've seen before, more of my personal story can be found here. Awakening certainly wasn't meant in any metaphysical sense. Freed à la The Matrix probably isn't any better Removing the tinted glasses of religion?

I saw no evidence of the supernatural around me. A literal Genesis could be rejected easily enough -- I recognize that many people reject a literal Genesis and still retain their faith. There is no compelling evidence of an active prayer-granting miracle-distributing God at work today -- I recognize that some people as yourself (apologies if I'm misrepresenting you) also accept this while retaining their faith. I agree that several readings of the Bible is not an in depth study, but I read a number of books on Christian apologetics, and after 2000 years of the Bible being studied, there are way more than 2000 interpretations of what the Bible tells us.

When looking around the world I don't see evidence of a past or present supernatural. Taking off the God glasses, along with beauty, I see the ugly, the inexplicably poor "design", the cruelty of "design", etc. It looks as I would expect for a world without a god.

Again, I'm not bitter, angry or disappointed, and I'm committed to making the most of this life (not in a hedonistic way, but in a kindness to others and don't waste the opportunity) for myself and those that I'm able to interact with because I accept this as the only life that I will have.

Best regards,
-ArtificialGrape
Fair enough. I appreciate your honesty.

To clarify my position on prayer (Note that these are just my thoughts. I don't claim to be a philosopher, theologian, or any other kind of expert in this area.):

I think God reliably answers prayers for more wisdom, more knowledge of Him, more closeness to Him, more faith, more love for Him and others, better understanding of the Bible, more self control, and similar things. Those are all certainly in God's will, so are guaranteed (I think LOL) to be answered.

Whether or not it's in God's will that one of my papers is accepted is unclear. There might be some reason that it's important that the paper is not accepted. Whether or not it's in God's will that I, or a loved one, lives to a ripe old age is also unclear.

Before someone presents the "problem of evil" as an objection to belief in God, I'd recommend listening to some of Craig's lectures on that subject. The Christian defense to the intellectual problem of evil is air-tight, best I can tell. Especially from a molinist view. The emotional problem of evil is extremely difficult to deal with, maybe impossible.

When looking at physical miracles in the Bible vs the apparent lack of them today, I think we have to keep in mind that most of the people 2000-3000 years ago would say they'd never seen one. As you know, one can be reading a section, especially in the OT, go one paragraph further, and 100 years has past. It seems that miracles mostly served to identify messengers of God.

Why is this important? It's important when someone's lack of faith is partially because they think that, if God did exist, we should see a lot more overt miracles today, thus forming an argument that God doesn't exist.

Have a good day, AG. I have to get to work!
DBD
__________________
GT Strength and Conditioning Forum

Romans 3:23 -> 6:23 -> 5:8 -> 10:9 -> 10:13

An Excellent Gospel Presentation

Last edited by BradD; 10-17-2012 at 08:42..
BradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56   #228
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrat View Post
Wow, it is no surprise that people vote for Obama. Basing a belief on words written by Bronze Age, semi-literate, superstitious desert dwellers, is testimony to gullibility. This same gullibility brought us Barry O'Bama.
I used to understand your sentiment, even though it is severely misplaced, as I too came as a "doubting Thomas" to the Word of the only living G-d; however, the Holy Bible is the only "literary work" has neither been proven wrong scientifically, nor has It been proven wrong within Its own scriptural context.

Notably, ever other literary work utilized by parishioners of other faiths have within them blatantly false scientific connotations as well as being riddled with unresolvable contradictions and or contextual errors.

For example, I have a version of the quoran, and it states that the sun sits everyday in a "mud puddle." Speaking strictly in a scientific sense, such a statement of fact is a blatant error. This is just one of dozens of gross errors that cause me to distrust the quoran as G-d Breathed, which if compared against each other as far as Science, at least the Holy Bible is scientifically correct on Its posits and assertions.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-17-2012 at 10:59..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:07   #229
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I used to understand your sentiment, even though it is severely misplaced, as I too came as a "doubting Thomas" to the Word of the only living G-d; however, the Holy Bible is the only "literary work" has neither been proven wrong scientifically, nor has It been proven wrong within Its own scriptural context.
This is absolutely unture. The Bible has been proven both historically inaccurate and scientifically inaccurate.

Quote:
Notably, ever other literary work utilized by parishioners of other faiths have within them blatantly false scientific connotations as well as being riddled with unresolvable contradictions and or contextual errors.
So does the Bible.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12   #230
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrat View Post
Basing a belief on words written by Bronze Age, semi-literate, superstitious desert dwellers, is testimony to gullibility.
Mohammed wasn't just "semi-literate"; he was completely illiterate.

But Obama believes in him, just look at his gold ring. It says, "There is no god but Allah", written in Arabic script. We need to send Barry back to Kenya. Vote for the American, vote for Romney/Ryan.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34   #231
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
the Holy Bible is the only "literary work" has neither been proven wrong scientifically, nor has It been proven wrong within Its own scriptural context.
You clearly have never read the bible cover to cover.

Quote:
For example, I have a version of the quoran, and it states that the sun sits everyday in a "mud puddle." Speaking strictly in a scientific sense, such a statement of fact is a blatant error. This is just one of dozens of gross errors that cause me to distrust the quoran as G-d Breathed, which if compared against each other as far as Science, at least the Holy Bible is scientifically correct on Its posits and assertions.
As opposed to a six day creation myth? What about talking snakes? Talking donkeys? Inconsistencies? Where did Cain's wife come from. How could every species on the planet be in walking distance of Noah's boat? Contradictions? How about the same god that commands to not kill then orders his people to commit genocide on their neighbors?

Bible Absurdities

Bible Atrocities

Bible Inconsistencies
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:37   #232
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Before jesus all people in the world go to heaven if they are basically good people.

"See? It is belief in Christ, the Messiah, and Him alone that justifies a person"

This isn't complicated. Jesus reversed the law and added hell.

Before jesus all good people go to heaven. After jesus everybody goes to hell except christians.


If you want to say that I am wrong because non christians still go go heaven same as they did before jesus, then please say so.
What you are asserting is perfectly backwards to both the Logos and Rhema Word of G-d.

Before the Messiah gave Himself as a fulfillment to/of the Law, NO ONE, repeat NO ONE went to heaven proper (i.e., to the Throneroom of Jehovah).


Prior to the Messiah's death on the cross at Calvary, those who died, but had kept faith in the promise (i.e., believed) of the Messiah's coming, went to what was referred to as Sheol. Through the covenant's Promise, Abraham went to Sheol, and some referred to it as going to be "at Abraham's bosom."

This is where everyone who believed in the promise remained until the Messiah died on the cross. Only after His death did anyone make it to G-d's Throne.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:40   #233
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
You clearly have never read the bible cover to cover.



As opposed to a six day creation myth? What about talking snakes? Talking donkeys? Inconsistencies? Where did Cain's wife come from. How could every species on the planet be in walking distance of Noah's boat? Contradictions? How about the same god that commands to not kill then orders his people to commit genocide on their neighbors?

Bible Absurdities

Bible Atrocities

Bible Inconsistencies
I think maybe you should start a thread in the religious section of GT. This thread is about using fear to promote religion.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45   #234
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I think maybe you should start a thread in the religious section of GT. This thread is about using fear to promote religion.
This thread is in Religious Issues now and I was responding to a point you specifically made in it. You obviously considered your unsuppotable assertion of the bible never being scientifically inaccurate and/or never being internally inconistent to be relavent to the thread topic, so I will refute that point here as well.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 10-17-2012 at 11:54..
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06   #235
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
This thread is in Religious Issues now and I was responding to a point you specifically made in it. You obviously considered your unsuppotable assertion of the bible never being scientifically inaccurate and/or never being internally inconistent to be relavent to the thread topic, so I will refute that point here as well.
My point was and is relevant to the thread's topic. My point centered on the fact that the Holy Bible and the covenants, both new and old, were not about promoting fear but about promoting salvation through the Messiah and Him alone as well as utilizing a compare and contrast synopsis between Christianity and islam.

OTOH, your diatribe concerns your narrow minded and limited knowledge of the Holy Bible both in general and on certain specifics.

So, start a thread concerning your topics as they are not applicable herein.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-17-2012 at 12:08..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:11   #236
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
This is absolutely unture. The Bible has been proven both historically inaccurate and scientifically inaccurate.



So does the Bible.
Both of these responses are part of your overall opinion, which you are entitled to by the 3way; however, in comparing the Holy Bible to the quoran, the Holy Bible stands head and shoulders above based on science and inherent scriptural context.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40   #237
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
My point was and is relevant to the thread's topic.
Which is why I refuted it here and why my response is also relevant to the thread topic.

Quote:
OTOH, your diatribe concerns your narrow minded and limited knowledge of the Holy Bible both in general and on certain specifics.
I spent my undergrad years reading and studying the bible cover to cover in an official acadamic setting at a christian university under the guidance of professors that possessed their doctorates in diviinty. I graduated summa cum laude from that program.

After that intense study, not only did I not have any of my original questions answered, I actually had many more. The bible is a horribly inconsistent document that offers only the occasional useful truism intermixed with a great deal of absurd myth and a lot of really bad "moral" guidance. I entered that program as a christian and left as an atheist.

What does your formal education on the bible as a literary document consist of? Sunday school classes?
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:51   #238
BradD
Senior Member
 
BradD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Mid-South
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
...I spent my undergrad years reading and studying the bible cover to cover in an official acadamic setting at a christian university under the guidance of professors that possessed their doctorates in diviinty. I graduated summa cum laude from that program.
...
With this level of education and expertise, why did you provide the three links above? Many of the entries are either written by someone who is dishonest or lacking understanding. (I've only been a Christian for a few years, have never attended a christian college, and I can see right through many of them without even cracking open my Bible or using any other resource.)

I would've thought that someone who prides himself on honesty, objectivity, science, logic, and so on, wouldn't link to those.
__________________
GT Strength and Conditioning Forum

Romans 3:23 -> 6:23 -> 5:8 -> 10:9 -> 10:13

An Excellent Gospel Presentation

Last edited by BradD; 10-17-2012 at 12:51..
BradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:04   #239
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I would've thought that someone who prides himself on honesty, objectivity, science, logic, and so on, wouldn't link to those.
The vast majority of those examples are valid points. I did spot a few that weren't really just criticisms, but the point I was trying to make (specifically refuting PW's claim that the bible has never been shown to be either scientifically inaccurate or internally inconsistent) is well supported by those links.

On lacking "understanding", I've come to the realization that most christians fall back on this as a crutch when confronted with the obvious absurdities contained in the bible. The argument usually goes something like, "You aren't understanding god's deeper meaning in the scripture". Well, that's just christians attempting to resolve the cognitive dissonance they are being confronted with. It can't possibly mean what it plainly says and for it still to be reasonable therefore it must mean something else, but that's just an equivocation. The bible means exactly what it says and most of what it says is just plain prepostorous.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 10-17-2012 at 13:08..
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:09   #240
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Which is why I refuted it here and why my response is also relevant to the thread topic. ...
No, you gave a contrariwise opinion, which refuted nothing, but rather merely denoted your practically total ignorance on the subject matter's theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
... I spent my undergrad years reading and studying the bible cover to cover in an official acadamic setting at a christian university under the guidance of professors that possessed their doctorates in diviinty. I graduated summa cum laude from that program.

After that intense study, not only did I not have any of my original questions answered, I actually had many more. The bible is a horribly inconsistent document that offers only the occasional useful truism intermixed with a great deal of absurd myth and a lot of really bad "moral" guidance. I entered that program as a christian and left as an atheist.

What does your formal education on the bible as a literary document consist of?
Sunday school classes?
Liberty's home/online courses, now name your university.

ETA: Then start a thread as you are off base in this one.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-17-2012 at 13:17..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:25   #241
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Liberty's home/online courses, now name your university.
Belhaven University, Jackson, MS (brick and mortar, founded 1883)

Quote:
ETA: Then start a thread as you are off base in this one.
I'll take this to mean that you aren't going to acknowledge that your claim has been refuted and that you'll probably recite it again in the future as if it hadn't already been shown as invalid. You'll fit in great with the other theists here.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 10-17-2012 at 13:27..
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:33   #242
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Belhaven University, Jackson, MS (brick and mortar, founded 1883) ...
One of dewey's most monumental projects.

Can you say, "experimental psychology" or artisans' waste of time?

ETA: Anyway, start the thread as we are literally hijacking this one...
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-17-2012 at 13:35..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:44   #243
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Both of these responses are part of your overall opinion, which you are entitled to by the 3way; however, in comparing the Holy Bible to the quoran, the Holy Bible stands head and shoulders above based on science and inherent scriptural context.
No it's not opinion. It's a fact. The Bible has been proven without a shadow of a doubt to contain historical and scientific errors. This is not opinion, this is not a point of view, this is an absolute fact. So either you're uninformed or you are a willful liar.

Do you believe the bible to be inerrant? Careful... cause I can prove it's not in 2 seconds.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:46   #244
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No it's not opinion. It's a fact. The Bible has been proven without a shadow of a doubt to contain historical and scientific errors. This is not opinion, this is not a point of view, this is an absolute fact. So either you're uninformed or you are a willful liar.

Do you believe the bible to be inerrant? Careful... cause I can prove it's not in 2 seconds.
And this has exactly what to do with using religion to promote fear?

Start a thread...
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:53   #245
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
And this has exactly what to do with using religion to promote fear?

Start a thread...
No, you use intellectual cowardly hit and run tactics in most of your arguments I've seen and I'm not gonna allow that. You make bold statements and back them up with squat. Is the Bible inerrant or not? I will take a lack of a response as you admitting it is not.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 10-17-2012 at 13:53..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:57   #246
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No, you use intellectual cowardly hit and run tactics in most of your arguments I've seen and I'm not gonna allow that. You make bold statements and back them up with squat. Is the Bible inerrant or not? I will take a lack of a response as you admitting it is not.
You're obviously predisposed to a certain disposition.

I won't hijack this thread past this post: Start a new thread with your topic of interest. Period.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 13:58   #247
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
You're obviously predisposed to a certain disposition.

I won't hijack this thread past this post: Start a new thread with your topic of interest. Period.
Yeah, that's what I thought. The Bible contains numerous historical and scientific errors. This is a fact. And you are either wrong or dishonest. I'm thinking the later.

I'm predisposed to facts and truth.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 10-17-2012 at 13:59..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 14:00   #248
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought. The Bible contains numerous historical and scientific errors. This is a fact. And you are either wrong or dishonest. I'm thinking the later.

I'm predisposed to facts and truth.
******* coward.... I'll do it.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 14:20   #249
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
******* coward.... I'll do it.
You're gonna regret it.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 14:25   #250
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,684
Blog Entries: 1
Here is a jewish rabbi explaining that non-jews go to heaven.
I would imagine you are going to say that you as a christian understand the jewish religion better than a jewish rabbi.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
What you are asserting is perfectly backwards to both the Logos and Rhema Word of G-d.

Before the Messiah gave Himself as a fulfillment to/of the Law, NO ONE, repeat NO ONE went to heaven proper (i.e., to the Throneroom of Jehovah).


Prior to the Messiah's death on the cross at Calvary, those who died, but had kept faith in the promise (i.e., believed) of the Messiah's coming, went to what was referred to as Sheol. Through the covenant's Promise, Abraham went to Sheol, and some referred to it as going to be "at Abraham's bosom."

This is where everyone who believed in the promise remained until the Messiah died on the cross. Only after His death did anyone make it to G-d's Throne.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:16.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,201
363 Members
838 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42