Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-17-2012, 15:50   #121
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Hey I missed seeing this thread fellas before I posted my update on my G17, but here you go:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1448223

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 16:18   #122
GPBob

This morning I switched the Lonewolf 9mm extractor for a newly received Lonewolf 40cal extractor. Shot a hundred rounds of a mixture of Aguila and Federal cheapo ammo. I got 100% great ejections out of my FDE 19. I am going to purchase 3 more 40cal extractors for my other late model Gen 3 Glocks. My other 19 ejects at 95%, so with this set up I expect 100%. The two 26s are pretty good, but I figure what harm could I do to change them out too.
GPBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 16:33   #123
Buckshot Barry

I'm sorry I have reason to post in this thread, but here goes.

My 1 week old G19, Gen 3, TTLxxx, August 30, 2012, new style non dip extractor, has the BTF bug. I've got 250 rounds through her and get BTF about 5% if the time. It's all been shot indoors. Had the wifey spot for me the last 70 rounds. It's the real deal, not cases bouncing off of the range partitions.

Anyway, swapped the extractor, load bearing and spring, and safety plunger and spring with my 2005 G17. I'll report back with the results Saturday.

Scratch the above idea, just ordered a Gen 4 30274 ejector to try. Will report back after the range test.

Last edited by Buckshot Barry; 10-17-2012 at 21:51..
Buckshot Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 20:58   #124
GPBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKLovingIT View Post
Hey I missed seeing this thread fellas before I posted my update on my G17, but here you go:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1448223

Your comment on the extractor being slightly forward of the breach face because of inaccurate milling makes perfect sense. The 40cal extractor is a little thicker in the claw than the 9mm extractor. So, that places the claw a little closer to the breach face than the 9mm component. That would account for the better grab and better extraction. Maybe as the somewhat functioning 9mm extractor wears in a bit the tolerance is so much out of whack that it now spits out brass willy nilly.
GPBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:06   #125
9mmdude

Back to glock it goes-AGAIN

Took my fixed (Glock replaced the ejector) Gen417 to the range today for the second outing since it was replaced. Round count now 2050 rounds.

After a couple of boxes of WWB I started shooting blazer brass. Out of the blue after nearly 500 trouble free rounds since the ejector replacement, the brass to the face started. It wasn't every couple of rounds, it was EVERY round hitting me in the forehead and face. It got so bad I had to stop shooting.

The damn thing even fed Federal Champion last range session. I am very frustrated.
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 19:06   #126
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmdude View Post
Took my fixed (Glock replaced the ejector) Gen417 to the range today for the second outing since it was replaced. Round count now 2050 rounds.

After a couple of boxes of WWB I started shooting blazer brass. Out of the blue after nearly 500 trouble free rounds since the ejector replacement, the brass to the face started. It wasn't every couple of rounds, it was EVERY round hitting me in the forehead and face. It got so bad I had to stop shooting.

The damn thing even fed Federal Champion last range session. I am very frustrated.
Which extractor do you have? They installed the 30274 ejector?
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 19:36   #127
9mmdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
Which extractor do you have? They installed the 30274 ejector?
I had a 336 and they installed a 30274. They did not change out the extractor and I still have the DIP.

For the life of me I can't figure out why it would run fine for 500 rounds after the ejector switch and then start acting up again.

I didn't get any stove pipes today but the last box of Blazer Brass had almost every single casing peen me in the head out of 50 rounds. I was literally ducking after about 10 rounds, a couple hit me in the shooting glasses.

The gun was very hot and I am wondering if heat adds to the problem.

Last edited by 9mmdude; 10-18-2012 at 19:37..
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49   #128
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
I had a 336 and they installed a 30274. They did not change out the extractor and I still have the DIP.

For the life of me I can't figure out why it would run fine for 500 rounds after the ejector switch and then start acting up again.

I didn't get any stove pipes today but the last box of Blazer Brass had almost every single casing peen me in the head out of 50 rounds. I was literally ducking after about 10 rounds, a couple hit me in the shooting glasses.

The gun was very hot and I am wondering if heat adds to the problem.
Try the non dip extractor, Glockparts.com has it. It did the trick for my gun so far.....
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:37   #129
9mmdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
Try the non dip extractor, Glockparts.com has it. It did the trick for my gun so far.....
They have already worked on it so I am going to let them fix it. I have a feeling that is what they will replace. Just a little confused why they didn't do that when they replaced the ejector.
Old 10-19-2012, 13:15   #130
Tallyglock

Just saw this thread and thought I would add my 2 cents. I purchased a brand new Gen III 21SF three weeks ago and took it to the range and shot a wide variety of ammo. I lost count after 30 to the face. The one thing I found odd was that all the brass was scorched and I mean really burnt on one side of the casing. I showed it to my armorer and he was thinking the casings were not sitting properly in the barrel. Sent it back to Glock at the begining of the month and called to find out the status of the pistol. I was told the pistol could not be fixed and I was being sent a new 21SF.

Last edited by Tallyglock; 10-19-2012 at 13:22..
Tallyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 13:50   #131
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
They have already worked on it so I am going to let them fix it. I have a feeling that is what they will replace. Just a little confused why they didn't do that when they replaced the ejector.
Glock sent me a "dipped" extractor as a replacement that did nothing for me. I ordered the non dipped part through Glockparts.com

Just trying to help you out as I went down the road you're on already.

Good luck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-19-2012, 14:42   #132
Spartan Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyglock View Post
Just saw this thread and thought I would add my 2 cents. I purchased a brand new Gen III 21SF three weeks ago and took it to the range and shot a wide variety of ammo. I lost count after 30 to the face. The one thing I found odd was that all the brass was scorched and I mean really burnt on one side of the casing. I showed it to my armorer and he was thinking the casings were not sitting properly in the barrel. Sent it back to Glock at the begining of the month and called to find out the status of the pistol. I was told the pistol could not be fixed and I was being sent a new 21SF.

I'm having a similar situation with my brand new 17. Brass flying straight back but also a feed issue. your post about the scorched casings reminded me that mine also appeared bunt on on side.

Here is a pic of my feed problem:
General Glocking
Spartan Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 17:26   #133
Buckshot Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Law View Post
I'm having a similar situation with my brand new 17. Brass flying straight back but also a feed issue. your post about the scorched casings reminded me that mine also appeared bunt on on side.

Here is a pic of my feed problem:
General Glocking
Gen 3 or Gen 4? If its a Gen 4, my money is on the RSA.
Old 10-19-2012, 17:59   #134
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyglock View Post
...I lost count after 30 to the face. The one thing I found odd was that all the brass was scorched and I mean really burnt on one side of the casing. I showed it to my armorer and he was thinking the casings were not sitting properly in the barrel. Sent it back to Glock at the begining of the month and called to find out the status of the pistol. I was told the pistol could not be fixed and I was being sent a new 21SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Law View Post
I'm having a similar situation with my brand new 17. Brass flying straight back but also a feed issue. your post about the scorched casings reminded me that mine also appeared bunt on on side...

Smoked casings are caused by a light load that does not obturate the brass in the chamber completely. Commonplace with crappy range ammo. If you're getting brass to the face you need to improve your grip & shooting style & perhaps use better ammo. If you care to waste your time then wade through the ignorant threads on "BTF" posted by people who are either totally incompetent with a handgun or merely some FNG with little proper training.

With all due respect fellas, now knowing what causes cases to be "smoked" shows to me that you are not seasoned shooters. Go take a lesson from someone who is and you will be another in the millions of happy & satisfied Glock users.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 18:06   #135
Spartan Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry View Post
It's a Gen 3
Old 10-19-2012, 18:10   #136
Spartan Law

Quote:
Also I'm not limp wristing, the gun had the same issue when I had the range officer try it as we'll as an off duty police officer.
Old 10-19-2012, 20:27   #137
9mmdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Smoked casings are caused by a light load that does not obturate the brass in the chamber completely. Commonplace with crappy range ammo. If you're getting brass to the face you need to improve your grip & shooting style & perhaps use better ammo. If you care to waste your time then wade through the ignorant threads on "BTF" posted by people who are either totally incompetent with a handgun or merely some FNG with little proper training.

With all due respect fellas, now knowing what causes cases to be "smoked" shows to me that you are not seasoned shooters. Go take a lesson from someone who is and you will be another in the millions of happy & satisfied Glock users.
Please go away!

Last edited by 9mmdude; 10-19-2012 at 20:30..
Old 10-20-2012, 06:30   #138
Tallyglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post

Gee thanks for the unwanted input there buddy. Limp wristing? I guess the armorer at glock are limp wristing as well huh? They deemed the pistol unsafe and they are replacing it. As towards the brass, your right I don't know squat about the nomenclature of the round nor do I care to, I had just never seen brass scorched like that from any of my other glocks. Not going to try to plead or impress anyone with how long or how much I have been shooting. Thanks for the advice though

Last edited by Tallyglock; 10-20-2012 at 06:31..
Tallyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:25   #139
Buckshot Barry

Quote:
I'm sorry I have reason to post in this thread, but here goes.

My 1 week old G19, Gen 3, TTLxxx, August 30, 2012, new style non dip extractor, has the BTF bug. I've got 250 rounds through her and get BTF about 5% if the time. It's all been shot indoors. Had the wifey spot for me the last 70 rounds. It's the real deal, not cases bouncing off of the range partitions.

Anyway, swapped the extractor, load bearing and spring, and safety plunger and spring with my 2005 G17. I'll report back with the results Saturday.

Scratch the above idea, just ordered a Gen 4 30274 ejector to try. Will report back after the range test.
Range Report

Haven't received the 30274 ejector that I ordered 2 days ago, so took the Gen 3 19, TTL***, to the range with the load bearing / spring, safety plunger / spring, extractor from my 2005 G17.

After 100 rounds, 50 Blazer aluminum and 50 Win NATO, I had no BTF and all cases ejected to the right. Next is to add the original load bearing / spring back. I think it's the original non-dipped extractor causing BTF's. Testing will tell.
Old 10-20-2012, 14:19   #140
Beretta92guy

Quote:

this is what pisses me off to no end......

you spend $$$$$$ on your gun/ammo and it starts with BTF, you send it off to get it "fixed", spend more $$$$$$$$$$ on ammo only to find out after ANOTHER 500 rounds its doing the same damn thing........

do what i did, sell that POS and buy a XD, MP, Sig, Beretta, or whatever and quit spending money on these damn glocks.....

you will be a lot happier, at least i am!!!!!
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote