Old 10-18-2012, 23:27   #41
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Silence rib.
Awwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 23:30   #42
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Are you planning on having a discussion or will you be following past practice and simply declaring things true and refusing to consider or address any evidence to the contrary?
hey, you're still around! Hiya -am-.

Shouldn't you be making claims about plagiarism and or fantastical notions of pseudo-science backing up "your side" of the debate by now? Hey, better hurry, we are only in the first page of the thread. Even better, maybe you need to grab three or four quote from a different thread, on a different topic, and somehow interject hem into this thread so as to rearrange your complete misunderstanding of the current topic.

We will see.

I see you want to do a "Three post to one = none and a new topic. -LOL- not hardly slick.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-18-2012 at 23:35..
Old 10-18-2012, 23:38   #43
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
This thread is not going well for Peace Warrior is it?
I'm loving it! [/kramer-a la-seinfeld]
Old 10-19-2012, 00:54   #44
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
hey, you're still around! Hiya -am-.
I'm not the one who fled the previous discussions.
Quote:
Shouldn't you be making claims about plagiarism
Are you planning to commit plagiarism again?
Quote:
and or fantastical notions of pseudo-science backing up "your side" of the debate by now?
That would be your modus operandi, not mine, as the still unrevealed great secred of "Lucy's knee" demonstrates.
Quote:
Hey, better hurry, we are only in the first page of the thread. Even better, maybe you need to grab three or four quote from a different thread, on a different topic, and somehow interject hem into this thread so as to rearrange your complete misunderstanding of the current topic.
My misunderstanding? My understanding has never been the problem my dear proponent of nonsense and doubletalk. But insults aside, you didn't answer the question I asked, are you going to be addressing any of the problems with your claims?
Quote:
I see you want to do a "Three post to one = none and a new topic. -LOL- not hardly slick.
Not what I proposed at all, your misunderstanding problem is rearing its ugly head again already.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:03   #45
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-19-2012 at 02:06..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20   #46
Saber99

Quote:
I haven't posted or even logged in for months, I've always been more of an observer. Normally I'm perfectly content to just sit back and read the fascinating exchanges between highly informed individuals(AM,AG, Gecko ect...) and delusional nutjobs ( looking at you Peace warrior). I have yet to see you post in any thread where you didn't make your self look like a fool.

But this thread takes the cake.You are undeniably pathetic, YOU STARTED this thread and then don't even have the balls to respond when every other participant in this thread has presented well founded arguments against your claims.

No one's expecting you to prove them wrong, we all KNOW you can't. I doubt you could even find any religious members to support you in this thread, you're your own special brand of delusional and I'm not referring to just religious issues. But guess what you are accountable, you are going to be held to your claims. Provide a real argument or admit that you are wrong. Stop side stepping questions, stop threatening to take your ball and go home cause you don't like how others play. It's time to grow up peace warrior.

Respond to the challenges you ASKED to be posed to you, or admit you can't and concede. Either one would garner you more respect than this pathetic little game you seem so fond of playing.
Saber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07   #47
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quirinius served as governor from 6-12 AD.

Herod Archelaus was banished around 6 AD after ruling over Judea & Samaria.

Herod the Great died around 4 BC.

Herod Antipas ruled from 4 BC on over Galilee.

That's a lot of Herods.

-On mobile

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:26   #48
Guss

Getting back on topic...
Daniel 4:11 speaks of a vision of a tree that grew so tall that it could be seen to the ends of the earth.
This might make sense if you think the world is flat, but it does not make sense if you view the world as a sphere.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:58   #49
Keyhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber99 View Post
I haven't posted or even logged in for months, I've always been more of an observer. Normally I'm perfectly content to just sit back and read the fascinating exchanges between highly informed individuals(AM,AG, Gecko ect...) and delusional nutjobs ( looking at you Peace warrior). I have yet to see you post in any thread where you didn't make your self look like a fool.

But this thread takes the cake.You are undeniably pathetic, YOU STARTED this thread and then don't even have the balls to respond when every other participant in this thread has presented well founded arguments against your claims.

No one's expecting you to prove them wrong, we all KNOW you can't. I doubt you could even find any religious members to support you in this thread, you're your own special brand of delusional and I'm not referring to just religious issues. But guess what you are accountable, you are going to be held to your claims. Provide a real argument or admit that you are wrong. Stop side stepping questions, stop threatening to take your ball and go home cause you don't like how others play. It's time to grow up peace warrior.

Respond to the challenges you ASKED to be posed to you, or admit you can't and concede. Either one would garner you more respect than this pathetic little game you seem so fond of playing.
Bravo!

Give it up Warrior. The days of voodoo, mysticism, zombies, and talking snakes are waning... Knowledge will prevail. Embrace science, nature, and the laws of the universe.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11   #50
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Being wrong? M'kay... to each his own. You have yet to refute a single one of the errors, contradictions, and outright lies in the bible. You just ran away hoping it'd all be forgotten when you came back.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16   #51
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
Quirinius served as governor from 6-12 AD.

Herod Archelaus was banished around 6 AD after ruling over Judea & Samaria.

Herod the Great died around 4 BC.

Herod Antipas ruled from 4 BC on over Galilee.

That's a lot of Herods.

-On mobile
Only one of them attempted to have Jesus killed. And he died 10 years before Quirinius was governor of Syria. This cannot be escaped.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19   #52
Glock36shooter

Believers need to face facts, the Bible is loaded with errors, contradictions and plain misinformation. This is a fact. The Bible is not perfect, and it is far from inerrant.

Those who would disagree either are in denial or have never really read the bible and just believe what others tell them to believe.
Old 10-19-2012, 13:32   #53
nmk

I've stopped by this forum for years. I've probably performed a number of hit-and-runs because I don't hang out on GT every day, but I've still noticed that there is an abundance of extremely intelligent theists who regularly post here and they often engage in meaningful discussion of worthwhile topics. This thread is not an example of that.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 15:29   #54
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Only one of them attempted to have Jesus killed. And he died 10 years before Quirinius was governor of Syria. This cannot be escaped.
Since Herod Antipas was ruling over Galilee wouldn't that be Herod Antipas?

He did not die until 39 AD.

-On mobile

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 18:47   #55
Glock36shooter

Nevermind

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 10-19-2012 at 18:49..
Old 10-19-2012, 19:02   #56
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
Since Herod Antipas was ruling over Galilee wouldn't that be Herod Antipas?

He did not die until 39 AD.

-On mobile
That was his son. The Herod that was trying to Kill Christ as a child died when Christ was still a Child. That was Herod the Great.
Old 10-19-2012, 23:41   #57
Saber99

Peace warrior.... your silence is damning.
Saber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:52   #58
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Let's look at what Luke actually said.

Luke 2:1-3KJV

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. ([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

Quote:
... Historically: Luke tells us that when Jesus was born, [Caesar Augustus] was conducting his census (which was Josephs reason for returning home) and that [Cyrenius] was governor of Syria.

This is impossible if Herod was alive because the governorship of [Cyrenius] in Syria didn't take place until as many as 10 years after the death of Herod. [blah blah blah yadda yadda...] ...
(Corrections in bold red.)

Wow, much ado still going on in this thread about nothing. (My bad actually, I should have went to my Holy Bible instead of to the book shelf for extra biblical references in the first place. mea culpa.)

The above KJV scripture quote is what Luke actually said of the entire matter. Now please, simply, tell me no more about this supposed contradiction?

For instance, the Holy Bible, and Luke, are merely saying that the first time people were taxed was when Cyrenius was governor of Syria. It did NOT say Cyrenius was governor of Syria at the time that Jesus was born.

Again, my bad as I should have went biblical first.

On to the next one....
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05   #59
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
... Scientifically: C'mon, we know for a fact the earth and all of its life did not come to being in 6 days. Even you have to admit that. And before you start... no one is going to claim that perhaps evolution or anything relating to an old Earth is how God brought creation about. Your book doesn't say that, your book says 6 days... and it's wrong.
Is it safe to assume that you worship at the altar of time?

In other words, it took billions and billions of years? Creation is a matter of faith for both Christians like me, or evolutionists (hereafter: evos) like you, and this thread is about the Holy Bible being accurate as it relates to both history and science.

Anyone can claim faith in something. Heck, there are people on GT who use faith to invoke the existence of the spaghetti monster or the likes of odin as Creator.

I'll admit I have PURE faith in the Earth, Moon, Sun, Stars and everything else seen and unseen only being between 6000 and 13,000 years old, and you know what, if you're intellectually honest, you'll likewise admit that you have faith in all life on planet earth coming from a rock (or space aliens, or a spaghetti monster, or odin etcetera).

Nether my faith in creation, nor your faith in creation, can be tested empirically utilizing either the historical sciences or clinical sciences, which is why it is called faith.

On to the next one...
Old 10-20-2012, 04:10   #60
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
... We have fossil records that blow [a young earth account] out of the water. ...
(Me paraphrase in red)

Just exactly which/what "fossil records" scientifically prove the Earth to be billions and billions of years old?

Quote:
... Also there is no evidence of a global flood. So Noah's tale is not what it claims to be either.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-20-2012 at 04:10..