Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-11-2012, 17:40   #701
rednoved
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod66 View Post
Because some people really really hate white people.

rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 21:11   #702
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod66 View Post
Because some people really really hate white people.
I agree , and may we NEVER apologize for being WHITE
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 16:53   #703
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
We asked for peace. Lincoln ignored our every peace entreaty.
The "peace" the confederacy proposed was along the lines if "we will keep everything we took by force from you, and you ignore the acts of war we committed against you and let us go our own way.

Quote:
Rose Greenhowe reported a massive buildup of Federal forces in and around Washington before the firing on said fort.
Of course there was a buildup of troops around Washington. The "Peaceful" confederacy had already committed numerous acts of war against the union in it's attacking federal forts and seizing them along with Federal Armories, custom houses, arsenals, post offices, and even the U.S. mint in New Orleans.

Quote:
We had no standing army. All but no navy. No war preparedness.
The Confederacy had the State militias which they were arming and putting in the field. ( it was the state militias that carried out the seizures, by force, of the various Federal properties.

The turncoat secretary of war had been transferring arms and munitions to Southern based Federal Forts for some time before he skipped town to join the Confederacy. He is also the one that made sure the Federal Navy was away from the continental U.S.

Quote:
Please point out the rest of my "lies". Lincoln made NO provisions for a peaceable solution and you know it.
Who wanted peace again
Lincoln most certainly did make provisions for peace. just not on the Souths terms. Lincolns terms were for them to return to the Union and there would be peace.

Quote:
We made every effort to avoid separation but Lincoln and his cronies would have none of it.
No the South most certainly did NOT make every effort to avoid separation. in fact they made unreasonable demands followed by threats of separation if their demands were not met. Something the South had been doing for decades. Constantly threatening Disunion and raising the specter of war if it did not get it's way.
Old 09-17-2012, 19:05   #704
tnpatriot

None of us was alive during the civil war. Why get all worked up about it . Let's deal with now and what we can do to make things better in our lifetime. and just one more thing I want to say, them yankees shore are a funny acting bunch. If ya'll don't like things down here , just go on back up north

Last edited by tnpatriot; 09-17-2012 at 19:06..
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09   #705
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
None of us was alive during the civil war. Why get all worked up about it . Let's deal with now and what we can do to make things better in our lifetime. and just one more thing I want to say, them yankees shore are a funny acting bunch. If ya'll don't like things down here , just go on back up north
FOr the lost causers and neo confederates the Civil war is not about actual history. it's about their current political agenda they want advance with their revisionist history.
Old 09-18-2012, 18:58   #706
tnpatriot

Please define" lost causers" and "neo confederates " I am not familiar with these terms. If they are powerful enough to be a threat , then surely I would have heard of them. All of them danged ole yankee zombies is what I'm skeert of

Last edited by tnpatriot; 09-18-2012 at 18:59..
Old 09-18-2012, 19:06   #707
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
Please define" lost causers" and "neo confederates " I am not familiar with these terms. If they are powerful enough to be a threat , then surely I would have heard of them. All of them danged ole yankee zombies is what I'm skeert of
If you really don't know what a Lost Causer or Neo-Confederate is, try Googling the terms. As far as zombies, there seems to be a lot in and around Atlanta.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 19:31   #708
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
If you really don't know what a Lost Causer or Neo-Confederate is, try Googling the terms. As far as zombies, there seems to be a lot in and around Atlanta.
You say "really don't know" as if these are something everybody knows . I am asking the poster who brought it up to explain his definition. Thanks for the heads up on Atlanta. Dad blame yankee voodoo !!!

Last edited by tnpatriot; 09-18-2012 at 19:32..
Old 09-18-2012, 19:57   #709
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

The "Lost Cause" is the mythology and alternate history of the cause of the confederacy that began shortly after the Civil war. It was an attempt ( mostly successful) at whitewashing the confederacy and distancing itself from the role of slavery in the cause of the civil war.

Many of the leaders of the confederacy changed their tune after the war denying the things they had said before and during the war. And sought to portray their actions a noble upholding "States rights" downplaying\denying the role of slavery in the motive for their actions.

Neo Confederates are the modern day confederate worshipers that continue the tradition of promoting the myth of the "lost Cause".
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11   #710
tnpatriot

Thanks for the history lesson. I am impressed by your knowledge. A man needs a hobby ! However I still fail to see the present world importance. Them yankees we got down here nowadays are worst than ole Shermans boys
Old 09-19-2012, 10:47   #711
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

We have a saying about the Yankee tourists in my neck of the woods.

"They come down with a five dollar bill and a pair of shorts and never change either while they are here."

Yankee's are the tourists, DAMN Yankees are the ones that move down here.
Old 09-19-2012, 19:14   #712
tnpatriot

A man after my own heart. I think we need a sign on the Mason Line that says " welcome to the south, ya'll go home now "
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38   #713
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
Northern by birth and I have no problem with the Confederate Flag...and like most things its how its used and who its used by that portray it in a negative way
Yeah, but most people are dumbasses, they don't actually have sense like you do.

The Southern Cross will always be a part of the South, and Southern heritage...no matter how much Sharpton or anyone else pisses and moans about it. You can't expect people to erase their history just because you have a stick up your ass.

Oh well, piss on 'em...I don't really give a damn what flag somebody is flying, I have actual problems to worry about.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-24-2012 at 11:28..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:42   #714
jastroud

Let's not and say we did...
G1 Niner #1993

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
jastroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:22   #715
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Everyone is too paranoid about offending someone resulting in their loss of self esteem. Our country has turned into a nation of weak-willed pansies.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:25   #716
RichardB
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
Everyone is too paranoid about offending someone resulting in their loss of self esteem. Our country has turned into a nation of weak-willed pansies.
This change in courtesy toward others may also reflect that the folks one used to be able to bully with impunity now won't take it anymore and are willing to fight back in public or in court. Do you subscribe to the theory that An Armed Society is a Polite Society?

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slavery caused civil war