Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:34   #1
sabrerider03

Yukon Men vs Alaska: The last frontier

which do you prefer and do you think one is more realistic than the other?

thanks
sabrerider03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00   #2
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

It's all so fake I refuse to watch any of it. Totally scripted.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:25   #3
sabrerider03

I figured alot of it was. But I got to admit I watch both.

Since you from Alaska, you should know and thanks.

I am sure lot of different firearms carried, but in your opinion what rifle caliber do you think is carried for hunting or when out for self defense more against animals then 2 legged defense.

Another question, do most people outside major town/cities carry a firearm when not hunting?

thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 12:49   #4
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrerider03 View Post
I figured alot of it was. But I got to admit I watch both.

Since you from Alaska, you should know and thanks.

I am sure lot of different firearms carried, but in your opinion what rifle caliber do you think is carried for hunting or when out for self defense more against animals then 2 legged defense.

Another question, do most people outside major town/cities carry a firearm when not hunting?

thanks
The .338 is very popular here, but lots of people myself included like large bore levers like the Marlin 45-70. I pack a .375 H&H Magnum when moose hunting with a firearm. But I have taken more with my bow (16) than with a firearm (14).
Probably about the same ration here for people packing. Unless we're talking about packing when doing things outdoors. Then I'm sure the numbers are higher since we have some pretty large, aggressive wild animals to be concerned about.
Old 10-31-2012, 17:27   #5
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
It's all so fake I refuse to watch any of it. Totally scripted.
I was thinking is hard living there, why you say is all fake? these people make it look like there is no stores in town, true? or they keep the stores out of the cameras
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 19:31   #6
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
I was thinking is hard living there, why you say is all fake? these people make it look like there is no stores in town, true? or they keep the stores out of the cameras
It's not hard living. Pay attention. These folks live in subdivisions with roads and power. You can see all this in the show. They can drive right to the grocery store, post office, gas station, etc. I know some of the participants. Trust me, it's all a huge joke. We had a discussion at a meeting I attended last week, and some of the people in the meeting had been approached by film crews with suggestions on what they would like for them to do so they could film it. Everyone at the meeting who had been approached, told them to pound sand.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:41   #7
sabrerider03

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
It's not hard living. Pay attention. These folks live in subdivisions with roads and power. You can see all this in the show. They can drive right to the grocery store, post office, gas station, etc. I know some of the participants. Trust me, it's all a huge joke. We had a discussion at a meeting I attended last week, and some of the people in the meeting had been approached by film crews with suggestions on what they would like for them to do so they could film it. Everyone at the meeting who had been approached, told them to pound sand.
Are you talking about both shows or mainly just one of the shows? I figured the Alaska the last frontier was lil more realistic than Yukon Men but of course I dont know. But yeah I seen they had power lines etc so didnt think quite as remote or bad as they made like.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:10   #8
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrerider03 View Post
Are you talking about both shows or mainly just one of the shows? I figured the Alaska the last frontier was lil more realistic than Yukon Men but of course I dont know. But yeah I seen they had power lines etc so didnt think quite as remote or bad as they made like.
Pretty much all those reality shows, but specifically the Alaska one.
Old 11-03-2012, 16:08   #9
ca survivor

WOW, thanks good to know, I was even feeling sorry for them
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote