GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51   #161
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,694
A terrorist? LOL Is there any particular commandment that you don't like or is it all of them?

You just tuck what I said away and remeber it when the time comes. Maybe you'll live. All you have to do is acknoledge God as creator and rule maker.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 11-05-2012 at 07:53..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28   #162
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No it's not. You're clearly getting your ass kicked.



No they weren't. You claim that people twist scripture without any evidence to support your claim. You just say it and then declare checkmate. You are a child. Please tell me you're 20. You have to be 20... no adult man debates this way. Have you suffered some kind of head trauma or had perhaps brain surgery? If so I'm going to feel bad for kicking you around the block so much.





I never said they were. Can you not read? Seriously? I really starting to feel like I've unintentionally picked a fight with a special needs individual.



Again your reading comprehension is seriously lacking. I said point blank that I myself AM anti-religious. I do intend to dismantle religion to the best of my abilities. I said that point blank. And my point was that that isn't necessarily an aspect of being non-religious... it is an aspect of being anti-religious.



No one mentioned anti-religious charities. But you seem to be under the false impression that a non-religious charity must be anti-religious. You are wrong.



Wow, do you need to take a nap or your meds or something? Again, for about the 10th time... Dismantling religion is MY agenda... Mine... Glock36shooter... Me... M'kay? It is not the agenda of Atheism itself. Atheism has no set agenda it is simply a word that describes someone without a belief in God. I myself am Anti-Religious. That is MY agenda. Do you understand now? Am I getting through to you? Do you need an adult? Are you okay?
Then why the defense that Atheists (and any other group) helps humanity more than Christians? It WAS your assertion that you were dismantling religion to "help" mankind, I think it's proven that Christians go above and beyond helping mankind. Your insults are a poor defense to your double talk.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49   #163
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc Religious Issues
36 is so altruistic

Another example of taking things out of context, But that is the only way you can defend yourself,lol.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56   #164
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
A terrorist? LOL Is there any particular commandment that you don't like or is it all of them?
I like 5,6,8, and 9. But those aren't unique to Judaism or Christianity. Those are moral traditions that can be found throughout humanity's history. So I don't owe them to your God or your bible. They're human morality.

Quote:
You just tuck what I said away and remeber it when the time comes. Maybe you'll live. All you have to do is acknoledge God as creator and rule maker.
Sounds like something a terrorist would say.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17   #165
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
A terrorist? LOL Is there any particular commandment that you don't like or is it all of them?

You just tuck what I said away and remeber it when the time comes. Maybe you'll live. All you have to do is acknoledge God as creator and rule maker.
Not at all that easy. That's the Christian view which is flawed, and is the very reason that your religion is filled with more hypocrisy than any and all religions combined. Simply believing in God Almighty is not the key. There are laws that are to be followed, and picking and choosing which ones are valid isn't going to work.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27   #166
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Then why the defense that Atheists (and any other group) helps humanity more than Christians? It WAS your assertion that you were dismantling religion to "help" mankind, I think it's proven that Christians go above and beyond helping mankind. Your insults are a poor defense to your double talk.
You are incorrect. Why can't you just debate me on what I actually say rather than putting words in my mouth? Is it because you can't... or is it because you are having trouble understanding?

Please someone warn me if scccdoc has some kind of mental problem or learning disabiltiy. I really don't want to unknowingly kick around a mentally disabled person. Seriously... let me know.

I never said Atheists donate more to charity. Only that they do donate to charity. We've covered why the huge difference... because there are more Christians than Atheists. No one has verified Schabasberts statitistics yet and their sources are suspect to begin with.

And yes dismantling religion will help mankind for a couple of reasons.

1. Humans are naturally charitable, so even with religion gone, people will still donate to charities and help the poor and less fortunate. This is a fact. But when religions do it... it comes at a price. You have to listen to their sales pitch. I know you say your church doesn't do this but we know you to be a liar so I don't believe you. So... charities will still get help without religion so no worries there.

2. People won't be so ignorant with religion gone. To watch a group of grown ups praying to an imaginary person in the sky in a hospital is just embarrassing for the human race. And then to claim it's the praying that actually heals someone when and if they do come around even though everyone knows it isn't is just stupid. There isn't ONE single documented case of prayer healing anyone. And it's association with speeding up the healing process is no different than the well documented effects of a positive attitude on healing. Plus the hatred that religion spreads. Homosexuals get treated like their monsters by the religious. And it's just stupid. They are people, living their lives and loving the people that it comes naturally to them to love. To have a gang of uneducated slobbering idiots tell them they're amoral and that how they're living their life is unethical is just plain retarded. People need to mind their own damn business and stay out of other people's affairs. Quit defending marriage as if it's anything other than a joke these days. I get it... it was all serious and meaningful 100 years ago. It isn't anymore. It fails more often than it succeeds. It is a joke and means nothing any longer. The only thing it's good for is tax breaks and property rights. It's only a legal contract these days. You wanna have a meaningful spiritual bond blah blah blah with someone... go do it in your church and keep it to yourself... no one cares. Have at it. Leave it out of public legislation.

3. Progress... oh the sweet progress mankind can make without some wack job religious group trying to ban certain types of research because "It's playing God". Religion has held man back for ages and it's just damn time to stop it. We're grown now and the time for childish and foolish things is over. As a species we aren't children anymore and we simply do not need our bedtime stories of the Adventures of Jesus and Pals. We're so close to recreating life in a test tube from nothing. The religious get up in arms... "You're playing God... we're afraid of things we don't understaaaand!" But you don't even realize the applications. We can simply make fuel with specialized little bacteria. We can make food from raw genetic materials. Perhaps even genetically engineer cures to diseases or engineer specialized viruses to combat the ones that kill us like AIDS. We can come one step closer to solving problems like hunger, pollution, and disease. But it's slowed when the ignorant masses of religion start throwing themselves under the bus to slow it down. Masses constantly dragging their feet kicking and screaming because it seems like they'd prefer Armageddon to a future without the notion of a God. And all the while thinking they're pleasing some being there is simply ZERO evidence to prove exists.

So yes... without religion we will be better off. You simply don't give mankind enough credit to be moral on his own without the fear of Hell. Religion surely hasn't stopped man from being horrible. It's only given him a symbol to be horrible in the name of.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45   #167
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
You are incorrect. Why can't you just debate me on what I actually say rather than putting words in my mouth? Is it because you can't... or is it because you are having trouble understanding?

Please someone warn me if scccdoc has some kind of mental problem or learning disabiltiy. I really don't want to unknowingly kick around a mentally disabled person. Seriously... let me know.

I never said Atheists donate more to charity. Only that they do donate to charity. We've covered why the huge difference... because there are more Christians than Atheists. No one has verified Schabasberts statitistics yet and their sources are suspect to begin with.

And yes dismantling religion will help mankind for a couple of reasons.

1. Humans are naturally charitable, so even with religion gone, people will still donate to charities and help the poor and less fortunate. This is a fact. But when religions do it... it comes at a price. You have to listen to their sales pitch. I know you say your church doesn't do this but we know you to be a liar so I don't believe you. So... charities will still get help without religion so no worries there.

2. People won't be so ignorant with religion gone. To watch a group of grown ups praying to an imaginary person in the sky in a hospital is just embarrassing for the human race. And then to claim it's the praying that actually heals someone when and if they do come around even though everyone knows it isn't is just stupid. There isn't ONE single documented case of prayer healing anyone. And it's association with speeding up the healing process is no different than the well documented effects of a positive attitude on healing. Plus the hatred that religion spreads. Homosexuals get treated like their monsters by the religious. And it's just stupid. They are people, living their lives and loving the people that it comes naturally to them to love. To have a gang of uneducated slobbering idiots tell them they're amoral and that how they're living their life is unethical is just plain retarded. People need to mind their own damn business and stay out of other people's affairs. Quit defending marriage as if it's anything other than a joke these days. I get it... it was all serious and meaningful 100 years ago. It isn't anymore. It fails more often than it succeeds. It is a joke and means nothing any longer. The only thing it's good for is tax breaks and property rights. It's only a legal contract these days. You wanna have a meaningful spiritual bond blah blah blah with someone... go do it in your church and keep it to yourself... no one cares. Have at it. Leave it out of public legislation.

3. Progress... oh the sweet progress mankind can make without some wack job religious group trying to ban certain types of research because "It's playing God". Religion has held man back for ages and it's just damn time to stop it. We're grown now and the time for childish and foolish things is over. As a species we aren't children anymore and we simply do not need our bedtime stories of the Adventures of Jesus and Pals. We're so close to recreating life in a test tube from nothing. The religious get up in arms... "You're playing God... we're afraid of things we don't understaaaand!" But you don't even realize the applications. We can simply make fuel with specialized little bacteria. We can make food from raw genetic materials. Perhaps even genetically engineer cures to diseases or engineer specialized viruses to combat the ones that kill us like AIDS. We can come one step closer to solving problems like hunger, pollution, and disease. But it's slowed when the ignorant masses of religion start throwing themselves under the bus to slow it down. Masses constantly dragging their feet kicking and screaming because it seems like they'd prefer Armageddon to a future without the notion of a God. And all the while thinking they're pleasing some being there is simply ZERO evidence to prove exists.

So yes... without religion we will be better off. You simply don't give mankind enough credit to be moral on his own without the fear of Hell. Religion surely hasn't stopped man from being horrible. It's only given him a symbol to be horrible in the name of.
nonsense, absolute nonsense. Try the facts instead of insults.

Last edited by scccdoc; 11-05-2012 at 10:48..
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47   #168
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
nonsense
LOL. M'kay Sweetie
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01   #169
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
nonsense, absolute nonsense. Try the facts instead of insults.
I see you edited your post so I'll play.

1. It's a fact that God's never done a single thing to help us. If so there'd be evidence... and there isn't.

2. It's a fact that mankind has never needed God. We've stumbled along the way (all children do) but there is no evidence that anything we've accomplished as a species was guided or aided by any being other than human beings. Certainly not a God.

3. It is a fact that we'll do just fine without god. We've made it this far without his help and I would say we've reached adulthood or at least adolescents as a species so we no longer need our imaginary friend.

4. It's a fact that more people have died because of or for a religion than any other notion man has invented. For this alone it's a fact we would be better off without it.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 11-05-2012 at 11:03..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02   #170
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
LOL. M'kay Sweetie
I thought it was your "chick" that was "Bi". Lord the depravity.................
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07   #171
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I thought it was your "chick" that was "Bi". Lord the depravity.................
You make my point for me. The hatred for homosexuals is overflowing in you. The insinuation doesn't bother me because I'm cool with my sexuality. I have very good friends that are homosexual and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Did you have an experience that made you hate them so much? Perhaps you went a little too far with a male friend? Maybe even liked it a little? It's ok if so. There's nothing wrong with it. Don't be ashamed just accept it and move forward. It's a part of you now.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 11-05-2012 at 11:08..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17   #172
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I see you edited your post so I'll play.

1. It's a fact that God's never done a single thing to help us. If so there'd be evidence... and there isn't.

2. It's a fact that mankind has never needed God. We've stumbled along the way (all children do) but there is no evidence that anything we've accomplished as a species was guided or aided by any being other than human beings. Certainly not a God.

3. It is a fact that we'll do just fine without god. We've made it this far without his help and I would say we've reached adulthood or at least adolescents as a species so we no longer need our imaginary friend.

4. It's a fact that more people have died because of or for a religion than any other notion man has invented. For this alone it's a fact we would be better off without it.
I added to the post," Try the facts instead of insults. ". What happened to "your" post on the list of "atheist organizations"? I can't find it, but then again, I'm not spending to much time with you because you've already doomed yourself, you're just blowing smoke now.

Can you PROVE 1,2,3,and4? I didn't think so. Just a smokescreen to divert from your inconsistencies.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18   #173
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
You make my point for me. The hatred for homosexuals is overflowing in you. The insinuation doesn't bother me because I'm cool with my sexuality. I have very good friends that are homosexual and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Did you have an experience that made you hate them so much? Perhaps you went a little too far with a male friend? Maybe even liked it a little? It's ok if so. There's nothing wrong with it. Don't be ashamed just accept it and move forward. It's a part of you now.
Hate the sin, not the sinner........................... simple
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:22   #174
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
I feel so much hatred from the atheist here on this board. Doesn't deter my belief in God. I know homosexuals, but I don't hate them, they are sinners.................I sin in other ways, all sin is wrong.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29   #175
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I feel so much hatred from the atheist here on this board. Doesn't deter my belief in God. I know homosexuals, but I don't hate them, they are sinners.................I sin in other ways, all sin is wrong.
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32   #176
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.
smokescreen from the original discussion
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45   #177
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Can you PROVE 1,2,3,and4? I didn't think so. Just a smokescreen to divert from your inconsistencies.
Sure...

1. There is no proof God's ever done anything. You can share it with the class if there is. I'll convert right here and now.

2. There is no evidence God has helped us build a single thing. If you have some that is conclusive please present it.

3. Since there is no proof that God's ever done anything ever and we've made it this far (arguably the toughest part of the trip was our childhood as a species) then it stands to reason that we'll keep right on going. And since man shows a tendency towards progress... there is nothing to suggest that that trend will change anytime soon.

4. This one is simply just true. Can you name any other invention of man that more people have died as a result of or killed one another over? Money might be a close second.. but we had God's long before we had money. If I were going to be completely honest probably the number one greatest cause of death among humans is more than likely sex or mating. Which includes territorial issues and tribal war for the most part. But that's not an invention of man... that's a consequence of nature. I'm talking about unnatural inventions of man. God, money, honor, status... things like that.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46   #178
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
smokescreen from the original discussion
So in other words you're cherry picking nature won't allow you give an intelligent response?
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53   #179
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So in other words you're cherry picking nature won't allow you give an intelligent response?
I don't have time to rehash your lies. What happened to the "atheist organizations post" Please give me the number.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04   #180
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.
There is a strong distinction between these laws. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry for a wide variety of reasons that extend past it being Gods law. Marriage is an institution, and a building block of the larger institution we call America. When we sacrifice values, ethics, and morality at the family level there is an impact to the whole. When a nation losses sight of the values or building blocks that give individuals a unified identify, that nation has lost and its only a matter of time before collapse. This is a principle of warefare known as divid and conquer. We need to have a system of values, and a national identity to be successful but that also doesn't mean that we infringe on others choices. The saying live and let live applies here, but not at the cost of sacrificing the values of the greater good. We need to stop catering to special interest groups at the cost of national values. Otherwise we adventuslly wont have an identity, and the more we are divided the easier we are to conquer least we continue on this course to our own detriment. BTW I do believe in God, and previous comments I have made should not be taken otherwise. I simply don't agree with Christian ideology however I do respect those who honestly follow the tenants of their faith as I do all Monotheistic religions.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:33.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,309
402 Members
907 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31