GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32   #176
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.
smokescreen from the original discussion
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45   #177
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Can you PROVE 1,2,3,and4? I didn't think so. Just a smokescreen to divert from your inconsistencies.
Sure...

1. There is no proof God's ever done anything. You can share it with the class if there is. I'll convert right here and now.

2. There is no evidence God has helped us build a single thing. If you have some that is conclusive please present it.

3. Since there is no proof that God's ever done anything ever and we've made it this far (arguably the toughest part of the trip was our childhood as a species) then it stands to reason that we'll keep right on going. And since man shows a tendency towards progress... there is nothing to suggest that that trend will change anytime soon.

4. This one is simply just true. Can you name any other invention of man that more people have died as a result of or killed one another over? Money might be a close second.. but we had God's long before we had money. If I were going to be completely honest probably the number one greatest cause of death among humans is more than likely sex or mating. Which includes territorial issues and tribal war for the most part. But that's not an invention of man... that's a consequence of nature. I'm talking about unnatural inventions of man. God, money, honor, status... things like that.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46   #178
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
smokescreen from the original discussion
So in other words you're cherry picking nature won't allow you give an intelligent response?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53   #179
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So in other words you're cherry picking nature won't allow you give an intelligent response?
I don't have time to rehash your lies. What happened to the "atheist organizations post" Please give me the number.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04   #180
PrecisionRifleman
Senior Member
 
PrecisionRifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.
There is a strong distinction between these laws. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry for a wide variety of reasons that extend past it being Gods law. Marriage is an institution, and a building block of the larger institution we call America. When we sacrifice values, ethics, and morality at the family level there is an impact to the whole. When a nation losses sight of the values or building blocks that give individuals a unified identify, that nation has lost and its only a matter of time before collapse. This is a principle of warefare known as divid and conquer. We need to have a system of values, and a national identity to be successful but that also doesn't mean that we infringe on others choices. The saying live and let live applies here, but not at the cost of sacrificing the values of the greater good. We need to stop catering to special interest groups at the cost of national values. Otherwise we adventuslly wont have an identity, and the more we are divided the easier we are to conquer least we continue on this course to our own detriment. BTW I do believe in God, and previous comments I have made should not be taken otherwise. I simply don't agree with Christian ideology however I do respect those who honestly follow the tenants of their faith as I do all Monotheistic religions.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PrecisionRifleman

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25   #181
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I don't have time to rehash your lies. What happened to the "atheist organizations post" Please give me the number.
Where is it? Was it deleted?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45   #182
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,542
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Where is it? Was it deleted?
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I have a recollection of the altruism discussion hopping threads. That list may have been posted in another thread. Of course, I could be wrong -- it's bound to happen at some point .

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:24   #183
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
There is a strong distinction between these laws. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry for a wide variety of reasons that extend past it being Gods law. Marriage is an institution, and a building block of the larger institution we call America. When we sacrifice values, ethics, and morality at the family level there is an impact to the whole. When a nation losses sight of the values or building blocks that give individuals a unified identify, that nation has lost and its only a matter of time before collapse. This is a principle of warefare known as divid and conquer. We need to have a system of values, and a national identity to be successful but that also doesn't mean that we infringe on others choices. The saying live and let live applies here, but not at the cost of sacrificing the values of the greater good. We need to stop catering to special interest groups at the cost of national values. Otherwise we adventuslly wont have an identity, and the more we are divided the easier we are to conquer least we continue on this course to our own detriment. BTW I do believe in God, and previous comments I have made should not be taken otherwise. I simply don't agree with Christian ideology however I do respect those who honestly follow the tenants of their faith as I do all Monotheistic religions.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You say that but it's not based on fact. You're just parroting the mantras of the anti-gay agenda. You guys never explain how because there is no explanation, it's just how you feel so that's what you say.

How?

HOW???

How does a person being able to walk into a hospital and visit their life long partner unencumbered by silly rules that they have to be family contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person being able to claim their life long partner's assets after that partner's death as regular married couples do without going through legal battles or special contracts having to be drawn up contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person having any and every convenience afforded to a straight person by our government destroy our country?

The answer is that it doesn't. Those are people that you just don't like. That's evident in your statement that they're just trying to "divide and conquer" us instead of obviously just trying to live their lives as happily and easily as the next guy that happens to be straight. As if destroying your happiness is a bigger priority for them than finding their own as you were allowed to. That's as egotistical a mindset as thinking that you have the almighty on your side backing up your silly claims because you can't. You don't want to be told that they're just as good as you because you need somebody to be better than whether it's the unsaved, the minorities, the liberals or the gays. You don't get that by demonizing people just because they're different than you and as long as you do you're better than no one.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 11-05-2012 at 12:27..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25   #184
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I have a recollection of the altruism discussion hopping threads. That list may have been posted in another thread. Of course, I could be wrong -- it's bound to happen at some point .

-ArtificialGrape
I know where the "altruism" sarcasm is located. Funny, by posting that , he insults his own integrity by insiuating that I have attributed good toward him or his behavior. But out of context....... Looking for the "atheist donation" post.............. can't find it.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29   #185
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
You say that but it's not based on fact. You're just parroting the mantras of the anti-gay agenda. You guys never explain how because there is no explanation, it's just how you feel so that's what you say.

How?

HOW???

How does a person being able to walk into a hospital and visit their life long partner unencumbered by silly rules that they have to be family contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person being able to claim their life long partner's assets after that partner's death as regular married couples do without going through legal battles or special contracts having to be drawn up contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person having any and every convenience afforded to a straight person by our government destroy our country?

The answer is that it doesn't. Those are people that you just don't like. That's evident in your statement they're just trying to "divide and conquer" us instead of obviously just trying to live their as happily and easily as the next guy that happens to be straight. As if destroying your happiness is a bigger priority for them than finding their own as you were allowed to. That's as egotistical a mindset as thinking that you have the almighty on your side backing up your silly claims because you can't. You don't want to be told that they're just as good as you because you need somebody to be better than whether it's the unsaved, the minorities, the liberals or the gays. You don't get that by demonizing people just because they're different than you and as long as you do you're better than no one.
As a supporter of Darwinism, how would you explain the concept of "survival of the fittest" if all members were homosexual?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30   #186
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I know where the "altruism" sarcasm is located. Funny, by posting that , he insults his own integrity by insiuating that I have attributed good toward him or his behavior. But out of context....... Looking for the "atheist donation" post.............. can't find it.
Here...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=168

I never said Atheist Charities by the way... (another of your lies). I said NON-RELIGIOUS.

Seriously why are you trying to put words in my mouth. Do you think the argument you've created in your head that I made is easier to debate than the one I actually made?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 11-05-2012 at 12:59..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39   #187
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
There is a strong distinction between these laws. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry for a wide variety of reasons that extend past it being Gods law. Marriage is an institution, and a building block of the larger institution we call America. When we sacrifice values, ethics, and morality at the family level there is an impact to the whole. When a nation losses sight of the values or building blocks that give individuals a unified identify, that nation has lost and its only a matter of time before collapse. This is a principle of warefare known as divid and conquer. We need to have a system of values, and a national identity to be successful but that also doesn't mean that we infringe on others choices. The saying live and let live applies here, but not at the cost of sacrificing the values of the greater good.
I disagree. The unified identity of Americans is that we are Americans. America is based on the principle of the a nation containing a vast variety of of peoples, beliefs, family structures, religions, races, and ideals. It is the coexistence of such drastically different individuals that is America. That is our common identity.


Quote:
We need to stop catering to special interest groups at the cost of national values. Otherwise we adventuslly wont have an identity, and the more we are divided the easier we are to conquer least we continue on this course to our own detriment.
Again, I disagree. Liberty and Justice for all... not just those that agree with you. America's ideal is freedom for all. And right now... that's simply not the case.

Quote:
BTW I do believe in God, and previous comments I have made should not be taken otherwise. I simply don't agree with Christian ideology however I do respect those who honestly follow the tenants of their faith as I do all Monotheistic religions.
And you're entitled to your belief... but when you start trying to legislate it... with the ideal that those who do not share your view of what is good and pure in the eyes of God... that is when your belief has stepped into my back yard. And I don't want it there.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43   #188
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
As a supporter of Darwinism, how would you explain the concept of "survival of the fittest" if all members were homosexual?
How do you maintain that homosexuality ISN'T natural when they can't reproduce and yet we still have homosexuals popping up. Not just in humans... but in other species as well? Must be happening naturally is homosexuals aren't able to pass on the gay gene via reproduction.

And besides... who said anything about all members of a species being homosexual? No one said that. Why do you constantly lie?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:34   #189
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
How do you maintain that homosexuality ISN'T natural when they can't reproduce and yet we still have homosexuals popping up. Not just in humans... but in other species as well? Must be happening naturally is homosexuals aren't able to pass on the gay gene via reproduction.

And besides... who said anything about all members of a species being homosexual? No one said that. Why do you constantly lie?
The point is over your head if you do not relate the two. In nature, there IS aberrant behavior, so what's your point? If it exists, it is normal?

Again, you just type, no thought to your rhetorical questions.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:42   #190
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
The point is over your head if you do not relate the two. In nature, there IS aberrant behavior, so what's your point? If it exists, it is normal?

Again, you just type, no thought to your rhetorical questions.
That it's natural. Normal means nothing. And that Normal is good or bad means less than nothing.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:07   #191
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,343


Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
The point is over your head if you do not relate the two. In nature, there IS aberrant behavior, so what's your point? If it exists, it is normal?
No, not really. Where does your definition of aberrant come from? It is a subjective definition that comes from you, not nature. The point being, if no one is around to define the idea of aberrant then there is no such thing. Even when someone does, that opinion is only valid for them.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:12   #192
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
As a supporter of Darwinism, how would you explain the concept of "survival of the fittest" if all members were homosexual?
That's your big issue? You're worried about humans dying out because of too much of teh ghey going around? 7 billion people isn't enough for you? This is where you show the desperation of your position, by relying on a system that you don't even believe in to support your arguments.

There will always be enough heterosexual people to keep the population up. Even if every single person was gay that wouldn't really be a bad thing since they could still reproduce if they really wanted to and a world where people only reproduced if they really wanted to would be a wonderful place.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:15   #193
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
a world where people only reproduced if they really wanted to would be a wonderful place.
Damn fine point. And it would also be one where abortion didn't exist.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:20   #194
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
The point is over your head if you do not relate the two. In nature, there IS aberrant behavior, so what's your point? If it exists, it is normal?

Again, you just type, no thought to your rhetorical questions.
ab·er·rant/ˈabərənt/

Adjective:
  • Departing from an accepted standard.
  • Diverging from the normal type.
What other types of "aberrant" behaviors should we suppress simply because they diverge from the norm? I could pick any one of the activities that you may enjoy yet 51% of the population do not and call it "aberrant". Does that give me license to suppress that activity simply because most people don't swing that way?

The real question that you're avoiding, as your are so adept at, is how does that behavior in others adversly affect you, or anyone else, other than your inability to deal with it?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:25   #195
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post

Again, you just type, no thought to your rhetorical questions.
Oh god! The irony! It burns!

Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:28   #196
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.

Back to twisting
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:32   #197
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
ab·er·rant/ˈabərənt/

Adjective:
  • Departing from an accepted standard.
  • Diverging from the normal type.
What other types of "aberrant" behaviors should we suppress simply because they diverge from the norm? I could pick any one of the activities that you may enjoy yet 51% of the population do not and call it "aberrant". Does that give me license to suppress that activity simply because most people don't swing that way?

The real question that you're avoiding, as your are so adept at, is how does that behavior in others adversly affect you, or anyone else, other than your inability to deal with it?
If you support homosexuality, fine. I don't, I would discourage it. Your pal brought up the subject days ago, not me.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:34   #198
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Callin' in the "gang" 36 ? LOL
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:39   #199
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Back to twisting
That's your department... ya liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Callin' in the "gang" 36 ? LOL
I didn't call anyone. You just beg to be hammered into the dirt with your dumb comments.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:40   #200
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
We should form a Gang though... We could have like jackets and stuff. Or jerseys. And matching rear cover plates for our Glocks.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 744
198 Members
546 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42