SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:25   #181
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I don't have time to rehash your lies. What happened to the "atheist organizations post" Please give me the number.
Where is it? Was it deleted?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:45   #182
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Where is it? Was it deleted?
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I have a recollection of the altruism discussion hopping threads. That list may have been posted in another thread. Of course, I could be wrong -- it's bound to happen at some point .

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:24   #183
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
There is a strong distinction between these laws. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry for a wide variety of reasons that extend past it being Gods law. Marriage is an institution, and a building block of the larger institution we call America. When we sacrifice values, ethics, and morality at the family level there is an impact to the whole. When a nation losses sight of the values or building blocks that give individuals a unified identify, that nation has lost and its only a matter of time before collapse. This is a principle of warefare known as divid and conquer. We need to have a system of values, and a national identity to be successful but that also doesn't mean that we infringe on others choices. The saying live and let live applies here, but not at the cost of sacrificing the values of the greater good. We need to stop catering to special interest groups at the cost of national values. Otherwise we adventuslly wont have an identity, and the more we are divided the easier we are to conquer least we continue on this course to our own detriment. BTW I do believe in God, and previous comments I have made should not be taken otherwise. I simply don't agree with Christian ideology however I do respect those who honestly follow the tenants of their faith as I do all Monotheistic religions.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You say that but it's not based on fact. You're just parroting the mantras of the anti-gay agenda. You guys never explain how because there is no explanation, it's just how you feel so that's what you say.

How?

HOW???

How does a person being able to walk into a hospital and visit their life long partner unencumbered by silly rules that they have to be family contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person being able to claim their life long partner's assets after that partner's death as regular married couples do without going through legal battles or special contracts having to be drawn up contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person having any and every convenience afforded to a straight person by our government destroy our country?

The answer is that it doesn't. Those are people that you just don't like. That's evident in your statement that they're just trying to "divide and conquer" us instead of obviously just trying to live their lives as happily and easily as the next guy that happens to be straight. As if destroying your happiness is a bigger priority for them than finding their own as you were allowed to. That's as egotistical a mindset as thinking that you have the almighty on your side backing up your silly claims because you can't. You don't want to be told that they're just as good as you because you need somebody to be better than whether it's the unsaved, the minorities, the liberals or the gays. You don't get that by demonizing people just because they're different than you and as long as you do you're better than no one.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 11-05-2012 at 13:27..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:25   #184
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I have a recollection of the altruism discussion hopping threads. That list may have been posted in another thread. Of course, I could be wrong -- it's bound to happen at some point .

-ArtificialGrape
I know where the "altruism" sarcasm is located. Funny, by posting that , he insults his own integrity by insiuating that I have attributed good toward him or his behavior. But out of context....... Looking for the "atheist donation" post.............. can't find it.
Old 11-05-2012, 13:29   #185
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
You say that but it's not based on fact. You're just parroting the mantras of the anti-gay agenda. You guys never explain how because there is no explanation, it's just how you feel so that's what you say.

How?

HOW???

How does a person being able to walk into a hospital and visit their life long partner unencumbered by silly rules that they have to be family contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person being able to claim their life long partner's assets after that partner's death as regular married couples do without going through legal battles or special contracts having to be drawn up contribute to the downfall of our society? How does a gay person having any and every convenience afforded to a straight person by our government destroy our country?

The answer is that it doesn't. Those are people that you just don't like. That's evident in your statement they're just trying to "divide and conquer" us instead of obviously just trying to live their as happily and easily as the next guy that happens to be straight. As if destroying your happiness is a bigger priority for them than finding their own as you were allowed to. That's as egotistical a mindset as thinking that you have the almighty on your side backing up your silly claims because you can't. You don't want to be told that they're just as good as you because you need somebody to be better than whether it's the unsaved, the minorities, the liberals or the gays. You don't get that by demonizing people just because they're different than you and as long as you do you're better than no one.
As a supporter of Darwinism, how would you explain the concept of "survival of the fittest" if all members were homosexual?
Old 11-05-2012, 13:30   #186
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I know where the "altruism" sarcasm is located. Funny, by posting that , he insults his own integrity by insiuating that I have attributed good toward him or his behavior. But out of context....... Looking for the "atheist donation" post.............. can't find it.
Here...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=168

I never said Atheist Charities by the way... (another of your lies). I said NON-RELIGIOUS.

Seriously why are you trying to put words in my mouth. Do you think the argument you've created in your head that I made is easier to debate than the one I actually made?

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 11-05-2012 at 13:59..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:39   #187
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
There is a strong distinction between these laws. Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry for a wide variety of reasons that extend past it being Gods law. Marriage is an institution, and a building block of the larger institution we call America. When we sacrifice values, ethics, and morality at the family level there is an impact to the whole. When a nation losses sight of the values or building blocks that give individuals a unified identify, that nation has lost and its only a matter of time before collapse. This is a principle of warefare known as divid and conquer. We need to have a system of values, and a national identity to be successful but that also doesn't mean that we infringe on others choices. The saying live and let live applies here, but not at the cost of sacrificing the values of the greater good.
I disagree. The unified identity of Americans is that we are Americans. America is based on the principle of the a nation containing a vast variety of of peoples, beliefs, family structures, religions, races, and ideals. It is the coexistence of such drastically different individuals that is America. That is our common identity.

Quote:
We need to stop catering to special interest groups at the cost of national values. Otherwise we adventuslly wont have an identity, and the more we are divided the easier we are to conquer least we continue on this course to our own detriment.
Again, I disagree. Liberty and Justice for all... not just those that agree with you. America's ideal is freedom for all. And right now... that's simply not the case.

Quote:
BTW I do believe in God, and previous comments I have made should not be taken otherwise. I simply don't agree with Christian ideology however I do respect those who honestly follow the tenants of their faith as I do all Monotheistic religions.
And you're entitled to your belief... but when you start trying to legislate it... with the ideal that those who do not share your view of what is good and pure in the eyes of God... that is when your belief has stepped into my back yard. And I don't want it there.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 11-05-2012, 13:43   #188
Glock36shooter

Quote:
As a supporter of Darwinism, how would you explain the concept of "survival of the fittest" if all members were homosexual?
How do you maintain that homosexuality ISN'T natural when they can't reproduce and yet we still have homosexuals popping up. Not just in humans... but in other species as well? Must be happening naturally is homosexuals aren't able to pass on the gay gene via reproduction.

And besides... who said anything about all members of a species being homosexual? No one said that. Why do you constantly lie?

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 11-05-2012, 14:34   #189
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
How do you maintain that homosexuality ISN'T natural when they can't reproduce and yet we still have homosexuals popping up. Not just in humans... but in other species as well? Must be happening naturally is homosexuals aren't able to pass on the gay gene via reproduction.

And besides... who said anything about all members of a species being homosexual? No one said that. Why do you constantly lie?
The point is over your head if you do not relate the two. In nature, there IS aberrant behavior, so what's your point? If it exists, it is normal?

Again, you just type, no thought to your rhetorical questions.
Old 11-05-2012, 14:42   #190
Glock36shooter

Quote:
The point is over your head if you do not relate the two. In nature, there IS aberrant behavior, so what's your point? If it exists, it is normal?

That it's natural. Normal means nothing. And that Normal is good or bad means less than nothing.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 11-05-2012, 15:07   #191
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
No, not really. Where does your definition of aberrant come from? It is a subjective definition that comes from you, not nature. The point being, if no one is around to define the idea of aberrant then there is no such thing. Even when someone does, that opinion is only valid for them.

Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 15:12   #192
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
That's your big issue? You're worried about humans dying out because of too much of teh ghey going around? 7 billion people isn't enough for you? This is where you show the desperation of your position, by relying on a system that you don't even believe in to support your arguments.

There will always be enough heterosexual people to keep the population up. Even if every single person was gay that wouldn't really be a bad thing since they could still reproduce if they really wanted to and a world where people only reproduced if they really wanted to would be a wonderful place.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:15   #193
Glock36shooter

Quote:
a world where people only reproduced if they really wanted to would be a wonderful place.
Damn fine point. And it would also be one where abortion didn't exist.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 11-05-2012, 15:20   #194
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

ab·er·rant/ˈabərənt/

Adjective:
  • Departing from an accepted standard.
  • Diverging from the normal type.
What other types of "aberrant" behaviors should we suppress simply because they diverge from the norm? I could pick any one of the activities that you may enjoy yet 51% of the population do not and call it "aberrant". Does that give me license to suppress that activity simply because most people don't swing that way?

The real question that you're avoiding, as your are so adept at, is how does that behavior in others adversly affect you, or anyone else, other than your inability to deal with it?
Old 11-05-2012, 15:25   #195
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

Oh god! The irony! It burns!

Old 11-05-2012, 15:28   #196
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But you don't support their right to marry do you? Why? You support the right of people who eat pork to get married. You support the right of people who eat shellfish to get married? Why not homosexuals? You do not treat them as though their sin is equal to yours. You treat them as though there's is worse.

Back to twisting
Old 11-05-2012, 15:32   #197
scccdoc

Quote:
ab·er·rant/ˈabərənt/

Adjective:
  • Departing from an accepted standard.
  • Diverging from the normal type.
What other types of "aberrant" behaviors should we suppress simply because they diverge from the norm? I could pick any one of the activities that you may enjoy yet 51% of the population do not and call it "aberrant". Does that give me license to suppress that activity simply because most people don't swing that way?

The real question that you're avoiding, as your are so adept at, is how does that behavior in others adversly affect you, or anyone else, other than your inability to deal with it?
If you support homosexuality, fine. I don't, I would discourage it. Your pal brought up the subject days ago, not me.
Old 11-05-2012, 15:34   #198
scccdoc

Callin' in the "gang" 36 ? LOL
Old 11-05-2012, 15:39   #199
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Back to twisting
That's your department... ya liar.

Quote:
Callin' in the "gang" 36 ? LOL
I didn't call anyone. You just beg to be hammered into the dirt with your dumb comments.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 11-05-2012, 15:40   #200
Glock36shooter

We should form a Gang though... We could have like jackets and stuff. Or jerseys. And matching rear cover plates for our Glocks.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang: