GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 21:51   #1
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
MJ now legal in WA state

wow. this is huge. discuss.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:53   #2
c01
Crazy Eye
 
c01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Spokane
Posts: 531
Blog Entries: 1
Happy. Im not a smoker but believe in individual freedom. The issue now is how the fed views it.
c01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:54   #3
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
CO too.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:55   #4
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,186
Also legalized in Colorado.

Huge, huge win for libertarians. To hell with the terroristic DEA and FedZilla...

Any chipping away of the power of the feds is fine by me...

Now that the money will start rolling into these two states, other states will follow with its legalization..

Its a plant people, far far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:55   #5
Happypuppy
Senior Member
 
Happypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Puget Sound, WA
Posts: 735
It's pretty meaningless at this point. They still have federal laws in place. It will have to go through some court challenges as well


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:59   #6
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Also legalized in Colorado.

Huge, huge win for libertarians. To hell with the terroristic DEA and FedZilla...

Any chipping away of the power of the feds is fine by me...

Now that the money will start rolling into these two states, other states will follow with its legalization..

Its a plant people, far far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.
It doesnt work that way.

A State making it legal doesnt change the fact that Federal law is still intact.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:59   #7
Airborne Infantryman
Future JBT
 
Airborne Infantryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 3,303
Federal Law trumps state law. Look for these guys shutting down the places selling it, and arresting the individuals using it-

Political Issues



Oh, and if you purchase a gun after smoking it, look for these guys to be taking you into custody, as you just committed a felony-

Political Issues

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 11-06-2012 at 22:01..
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 21:59   #8
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post

Its a plant people, far far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.
Tobacco plant. Cannabis plant. Opium plant. Coca plant.

The whole "it's just a plant" thing is a naive argument. The fact that it is a PLANT does not make a difference, it is the effects you should be arguing.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:03   #9
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
It doesnt work that way.

A State making it legal doesnt change the fact that Federal law is still intact.
Don't care, the federal government must be challenged.

The prohibition of marijuana, without a constitutional amendment, is unconstitutional.

Suck it fedzilla.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:03   #10
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
This is a good start, it's letting the states and feds know that people want it to be legal, they want to be able to smoke it without going to jail. This will hopefully get the ball rolling for other states to legalize it and to repeal the feds laws against it.

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step."
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:03   #11
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,766
Good.

<---not a toker
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:03   #12
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Tobacco plant. Cannabis plant. Opium plant. Coca plant.

The whole "it's just a plant" thing is a naive argument. The fact that it is a PLANT does not make a difference, it is the effects you should be arguing.
Hungry, happy, sleepy..

Oh the mayhem! A jam concert might break out or something, alert the army!
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:06   #13
camelotkid
non-believer
 
camelotkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,937
Congrats to WA and CO, any news of OR yet?
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:09   #14
Dubble-Tapper
Senior Member
 
Dubble-Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the columbia river gorge
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
Congrats to WA and CO, any news of OR yet?
no on oregon
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:10   #15
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Tobacco plant. Cannabis plant. Opium plant. Coca plant.

The whole "it's just a plant" thing is a naive argument. The fact that it is a PLANT does not make a difference, it is the effects you should be arguing.
What's the part of his post that comes after the comma?

Oh yea..

"Its a plant people, far far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco."

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-06-2012 at 22:11..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:15   #16
seed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,138
It won't matter if the state and or local governments don't fight to uphold the recognition of its legality. The feds will either be emboldened to or discouraged from flexing its superceding power by the fight in the dog of the state and local representatives. But all the while, the threat of federal crack downs will loom...forever. Additionally, there will be ebbs and flows in how liberal the laws will be.

Pretty much though, for the most part getting caught with small (and not so small) amounts of marijuana by local cops is not a big deal in most locales in California.

And no, I don't partake in any of it.

Last edited by seed; 11-06-2012 at 22:16.. Reason: spelling error
seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:16   #17
Easterbrook
Wagon Burner
 
Easterbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In my teepee.
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Tobacco plant. Cannabis plant. Opium plant. Coca plant.

The whole "it's just a plant" thing is a naive argument. The fact that it is a PLANT does not make a difference, it is the effects you should be arguing.
What about the beer plant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post

The prohibition of marijuana, without a constitutional amendment, is unconstitutional.
No, it's not.
Easterbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:26   #18
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 10,117
Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
I heard there was a run on bongo drums and hackey sacks after it was announced that it would probably pass....
__________________
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:29   #19
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterbrook View Post
What about the beer plant?
You mean hops and barley? The two plants which constitute beer making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterbrook View Post
No, it's not.
When they made alcohol illegal, they still had enough respect for the constitution to realize that had to make an amendment to do it.

That care for the constitutional process has long since been destroyed.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 11-06-2012 at 22:31..
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:33   #20
ysr_racer
Senior Member
 
ysr_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Happily in So. Cal.
Posts: 8,104
Every person that I know that's ever smoked weed ended up using Heroin and raping and killing puppies.

Wait, that's not true. They ended up not doing that stuff.
__________________
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Just a million dollars short of being a millionaire.
So. Cal. USA
ysr_racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:33   #21
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 11,191
One of the few positives of the night.

I am all for personal freedom as long as you are not hurting others, and I think this is a step in the right direction.

Tax it and make money off of it, And save a ton of money from all of the costs associated with the 'war on drugs'.
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:33   #22
ateamer
NRA4EVR
 
ateamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In the hallway - it's on cuz!
Posts: 14,614
Good. Marijuana should be legal. I could look through the 24 years of police reports I've written and not find a single instance where someone who was high on weed fought with a deputy or beat his wife. People need to get the rods out of their butts and loosen up when it comes to weed. If we'd stop dealing with it, little would change, except that we'd be able to focus on meth, which is a drug that actually causes serious harm.
__________________
Firearms instructor/Glock armorer
Airplane pilot - Commercial/Instrument rating
49er Faithful
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:35   #23
Bushflyr
ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
 
Bushflyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Western WA
Posts: 4,464
Finally, a breath of fresh air.... Wait, a bit of common sinse.... Wait....
__________________
...the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys.

That which does not kill you has made a tactical error. --Tayler
Bushflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:37   #24
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer View Post
Good. Marijuana should be legal. I could look through the 24 years of police reports I've written and not find a single instance where someone who was high on weed fought with a deputy or beat his wife. People need to get the rods out of their butts and loosen up when it comes to weed. If we'd stop dealing with it, little would change, except that we'd be able to focus on meth, which is a drug that actually causes serious harm.
No, no, even though you are a cop....


Wait... wha....

Someone please argue with this man.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:47   #25
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 11,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
It doesnt work that way.

A State making it legal doesnt change the fact that Federal law is still intact.

While you are correct based on what the federal law states, it seems that when everyone does it, the Feds tend to turn the other cheek as apposed to spending all of their resources on it.
Assuming this video is accurate(in regards to medical MJ in CO).....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...nColumnArea.10
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:58.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,054
253 Members
801 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42