Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-07-2012, 13:11   #1
WIMPY

Moochers and Leachers are the winners

They have found out they can vote themselves a government check by electing Democrats. It's going to be hard to overcome that incentive. Coupled with a poorly run Republican effort the Dems will be in control for a while.
WIMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 13:14   #2
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMPY View Post
They have found out they can vote themselves a government check by electing Democrats. It's going to be hard to overcome that incentive. Coupled with a poorly run Republican effort the Dems will be in control for a while.
Don't worry, eventually they will run out of other people's money and it will all come to a grinding halt.
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 13:18   #3
JBnTX
None

Don't forget the homos and the potheads.
They both won big too.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 13:27   #4
Batesmotel

Quote:
Ben Franklin said this would mark the end of the country.
Old 11-07-2012, 13:31   #5
Fox
Varmit Control

Urban voters came out en masse on election day to cash in our freedoms for a welfare check.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 13:54   #6
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePirate View Post
Don't worry, eventually they will run out of other people's money and it will all come to a grinding halt.
didnt happen in the UK....about as many of the "dole" as there are working....the gubmint just raises taxes on the workers and eliminates deductions.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:00   #7
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
didnt happen in the UK....about as many of the "dole" as there are working....the gubmint just raises taxes on the workers and eliminates deductions.
Yes, but eventually those pushing the wagon will stop and hop on.
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:06   #8
hamster
NRA Life Member

Agreed. My jackass neighbor decides to have 6 kids he can't afford and not only do I have to pay for their schooling, but he also has to pay less in taxes because of his irresponsibility.

Middle-class welfare is orders of magnitude more prevalent and rampant than the EBT card crap that goes on as well.
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:15   #9
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

The 47% is about to become the 52+%

Last edited by Fear Night; 11-07-2012 at 14:15..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:15   #10
Restless28

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Benjamin Franklin
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:18   #11
Gun Line

47%Won
Gun Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:25   #12
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Hey, there is an idea, lets start segregating and then labeling people in a negative way...and wonder why the party that doesnt do that won...

STOP, Fng STOP doing that! THAT IS THE PROBLEM, everything else is detail.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:28   #13
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Keep telling yourselves that it's all about people voting for their government checks instead of the country shifting more away from your version of a nanny state and more towards their version of a nanny state. All you guys ever have to say is no. You've become the prohibition party and the hypocrite party.

More and more irrelevant every day.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:30   #14
guns54
toni

Know ones a real winner in the long run.
Old 11-07-2012, 14:35   #15
sbhaven

Quote:
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

It is very possible what we witnessed yesterday was the first austerity protest on this side of the pond.
Old 11-07-2012, 14:40   #16
JW1178

They think they have won. Honestly, Obama hasn't done anything for them besides make a lot of promises. Oh, they got a free phone.... I know someone who got one of those phones. If you think Metro PCS, Boost, or Stright Talk is bad. It's a very base phone with not many minutes, and if you want extra minutes, you pay a lot. Talk about getting thrown a bone. lol
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:46   #17
BigMoneyGrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaven View Post
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

It is very possible what we witnessed yesterday was the first austerity protest on this side of the pond.

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage'
BigMoneyGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 14:54   #18
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
I'm thinking about hopping on! I'd have more money for ammo and practice if .gov was buying my food!
Old 11-07-2012, 15:06   #19
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Don't forget the homos and the potheads.
They both won big too.
The "homos" as you call them have been winning for a long time. As a whole the gay community is some of the most productive and successful people in this country. They own business's, properties, homes, pay taxes and are doing quite well.
Old 11-07-2012, 15:14   #20
RichJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
They think they have won. Honestly, Obama hasn't done anything for them besides make a lot of promises. Oh, they got a free phone.... I know someone who got one of those phones. If you think Metro PCS, Boost, or Stright Talk is bad. It's a very base phone with not many minutes, and if you want extra minutes, you pay a lot. Talk about getting thrown a bone. lol
Just for the record...

I have Straight Talk. I have an Android phone that uses AT&T towers with unlimited data for $50 a month (flat rate).

Beat that!

Last edited by RichJ; 11-07-2012 at 15:15..
RichJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 15:34   #21
hammerkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Hey, there is an idea, lets start segregating and then labeling people in a negative way...and wonder why the party that doesnt do that won...

STOP, Fng STOP doing that! THAT IS THE PROBLEM, everything else is detail.

Is that so Rebbe?

http://wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCom...s/201211020175
hammerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 15:43   #22
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerkill View Post
I dont see how that article does ANYTHING but agree with what I said. The right want to put the left into a lot of boxes and then despise those boxes.

One person on the left calling the right a bunch of names doesnt change that and it certainly doesnt prove, as an overwhelming trend that "see both sides do it..."

Every side is guilty of most every sin but we will continue to fail if we cant recognize which side is known for which sins.

Stop defending things and start figuring things out. The left includes the right excludes. That is a damned well understood truth. Finding exceptions to that wont get your the results you want, even if it gives you a talking point.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-07-2012 at 15:44..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 15:56   #23
hammerkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont see how that article does ANYTHING but agree with what I said. The right want to put the left into a lot of boxes and then despise those boxes.

One person on the left calling the right a bunch of names doesnt change that and it certainly doesnt prove, as an overwhelming trend that "see both sides do it..."

Every side is guilty of most every sin but we will continue to fail if we cant recognize which side is known for which sins.

Stop defending things and start figuring things out. The left includes the right excludes. That is a damned well understood truth. Finding exceptions to that wont get your the results you want, even if it gives you a talking point.

In complete and total deference to you Rebbe, The left seem a whole lot more vitriolic. I am not sure what you are trying to say so lets call it a draw. I will be reticent on this subject. פריינט?
hammerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 16:00   #24
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the 'new, wonderful good society' which shall now be Rome, interpreted to mean 'more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.'"

– Marcus Tullius Cicero
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 16:14   #25
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Yep. It's going to sooner rather than later too.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote