Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:18   #21
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I think HKs are definitely worth the extra bucks.

Me too!
Old 11-05-2012, 18:27   #22
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
I don't see what the big deal is, seems like I overpaid for another plastic gun.

The reason you don't see what the big deal is....is because there isn't.

I've shot my share of HK's.... (Admittedly friends).... Major yawn fest.
Old 11-05-2012, 18:33   #23
KennyFSU
What to wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYT 2BER View Post
The reason you don't see what the big deal is....is because there isn't.

I've shot my share of HK's.... (Admittedly friends).... Major yawn fest.
Lol. This was just my initial impression.

As others said, this gun should stand the testament of time, but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KennyFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 19:21   #24
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Nothing's for everybody.

I got my first HK for the same price as a new Glock. Liked it right off the bat. Didn't take long until I unloaded most of my Glocks (except the 10mm's and longslides.).
Old 11-05-2012, 20:00   #25
KennyFSU
What to wear...

I guess I'm just not fancy enough.

Old 11-09-2012, 15:10   #26
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
I guess I'm just not fancy enough.
So is the situation that you like it, but wonder why it cost more?

Dropping $900 on a pistol can be a hard pill to swallow. Especially if it doesn't exactly knock your socks off.
Old 11-09-2012, 18:15   #27
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Think the $900 is a waste?

It will show in the long run. The HK will keep running long after the Glock breaks.

They both do the same thing but the HK will do it longer.

HK's are money well spent!

See, now you're just full of it. There is no proof that HK pistols as a whole last longer than Glocks. They will both last pretty much forever.

Quote:
Maybe sell it and buy a Glock 21? There isn't any reason to keep something you don't like.

HK's aren't cheap but the extra cost is attributed to the quality standard they are held to. It's kind of like buying a Colt over say brand X.

You may pay a little more for the Colt but you can take it out of the box and be sure that the level of quality up to par and built with components that you can be sure about.

All I can say is HK's aren't for everybody especially if cost is a issue. HK's are for the discerning shooter that demands the highest quality polymer pistol on the market or for the person that can only own one handgun and demands a polymer pistol.

There will always be other polymer pistols but none of them can currently top HK's quality and durability.

I'll gladly spend the $900+ for a HK over a Glock. That's not to say I don't like Glocks or other polymer guns.

I just prefer the HK's. Why? After reading this it should be obvious!

In the end, it's your money and if your not happy with it, sell it and buy something that's more to your liking.

And this kind of shows where you are coming from. Colt really mostly makes lower end 1911s. Parts quality and fitting on Colt 1911s are nothing special, as they are equalled or surpassed by many companies such as Springfield, S&W, Dan Wesson, STI, Kimber, and several more.

Im a huge fan of my HK45 and i do feel that it is pretty much the best handgun I own. Not because of longevity though. My point is that there is no greatest, supreme pistol. For every Wilson Combat there is a Les Baer. For every Sig there is an HK. For every Glock there is an M&P.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 15:57   #28
KennyFSU
What to wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck TX View Post
So is the situation that you like it, but wonder why it cost more?

Dropping $900 on a pistol can be a hard pill to swallow. Especially if it doesn't exactly knock your socks off.
In all honesty, I put 300 rounds through it last night and although it was accurate, it didn't really do anything that my Glock couldn't do (sans thumb safety and decocker). I guess it just didn't justify the $900 price tag for me.

Old 11-11-2012, 16:03   #29
cowboy1964

Quote:
In all honesty, I put 300 rounds through it last night and although it was accurate, it didn't really do anything that my Glock couldn't do (sans thumb safety and decocker). I guess it just didn't justify the $900 price tag for me.
What were you hoping for/expecting? To me the main things are ergonomics, reliability/confidence in that reliability, and shootability. I'm still looking for that "perfect" handgun. For now my #1 is still a compact Glock.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 16:17   #30
RYT 2BER

Quote:

Well of course... Contrary to what some of the fanboys say and uber fan girl neo who thinks hk's are the greatest thing ever, it REALLY is tough to justify $900 for a polymer pistol no matter what the situation is.

IMO hk's are like buying brand name clothing...There really isn't anything to justify the jump in price except the name, and only that matters to people who give a crap about the name at all..

You see I'm not cutting on hk's ... If they were just expensive it would be "one" thing... But their pricing is really dripping into the "offensive " category, considering what they are. Mass produced, (forgive me) predominantly 'plastic' guns. They really don't offer anything over an "average" gun, nor has anyone been able to show me otherwise.

As for "ergonomics" that's personal preference and in the case of these kinds of guns, it's just a function of how they pour the plastic into the mold

Last edited by RYT 2BER; 11-11-2012 at 16:17..
RYT 2BER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:10   #31
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
See, now you're just full of it. There is no proof that HK pistols as a whole last longer than Glocks. They will both last pretty much forever.
Believe what you want.

HK still has the lower failure rate. Glocks last forever. Just ask anyone on the internet that has shot 100,000+ rounds out of theirs......

I've had the Glocks, Sigs, and HK's. I've had more Glocks break than Sigs and HK's. Granted, I have never fired 100,000+ rounds out of any one of my guns but the failure rate of the Glocks I've had compared to the others says something.

I'll never say HK is supreme or for everyone but they ARE the best polymer pistol on the market.

Last edited by NEOH212; 11-11-2012 at 18:11..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:57   #32
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
I had an H&K USP .40 while owning a Glock 35 and Beretta 96G at the same time. The USP was certainly at the top in terms of looks, fit and finish, and functionally efficient. Unfortunately, I was genetically predisposed to have gyspy fingers that I literally cannot wrap around the gun. My shooting looked like buck shot at 30 feet. Sold it. I would buy a P30L if I didn't meet my current wife, the 1911.
Old 11-11-2012, 19:11   #33
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Believe what you want.

HK still has the lower failure rate. Glocks last forever. Just ask anyone on the internet that has shot 100,000+ rounds out of theirs......

I've had the Glocks, Sigs, and HK's. I've had more Glocks break than Sigs and HK's. Granted, I have never fired 100,000+ rounds out of any one of my guns but the failure rate of the Glocks I've had compared to the others says something. Now of course I realize that the ENTIRE preceding is completely subjective, personal and backed up by nothing more than anecdotal evidence at very best but to "me" it means something.

I'll never say HK is supreme or for everyone but they ARE the best polymer pistol on the market as far as some people like myself are concerned .
Here look.. I fixed it for you!
Old 11-12-2012, 00:19   #34
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYT 2BER View Post
Here look.. I fixed it for you!

hahahahaha
Old 11-12-2012, 00:24   #35
brisk21

Quote:
Believe what you want.

I've had the Glocks, Sigs, and HK's. I've had more Glocks break than Sigs and HK's. Granted, I have never fired 100,000+ rounds out of any one of my guns but the failure rate of the Glocks I've had compared to the others says something.

I'll never say HK is supreme or for everyone but they ARE the best polymer pistol on the market.

Its not about beliefs. You say HK is supreme to Glock. For you, maybe that is true. But it is subjective. There are plenty of people that would say the opposite. I REALLY like my HK45. If I could only own one pistol that would be it. Its not like were comparing HK to a Jennings pistol. There is a standard of quality and reliability that is needed to be a premier pisol and HK, Glock, Sig, Springfield, and Smith and Wesson all attain. After that it is all preference. I see what all the buzz about HK is now, and i appriciate it, but Glocks are excellent and you can't deny that.
Old 11-12-2012, 23:13   #36
sns3guppy

Quote:
it REALLY is tough to justify $900 for a polymer pistol no matter what the situation is.
It's tough for you to justify that. I don't justify it. I simply make the purchase.

If I'm rationalizing, I probably shouldn't be buying it. I own various HK handguns (and rifles) not because I justified or rationalized them, but because I decided to buy them. I haven't regretted them. I shoot them, and I carry them. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they were the same price as a Glock, but none of my 1911's are the same price either.

Polymer...steel...who cares? It's reliable.

Is HK the be-all and end-all of brands? I don't know. I don't care. They do what they're advertised to do. They do that well. I own Berettas, Rugers, Sigs, HK's, Springfields, yada, yada, yada...most of them are just fine. The HK's aren't tough to justify at all, and the price isn't that out of line with other better production handguns.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46   #37
KennyFSU
What to wear...

I think that's the main argument here; what makes them BETTER than a $500 Glock? To me, nothing.
Old 11-13-2012, 17:44   #38
01deuce

Quote:
I think that's the main argument here; what makes them BETTER than a $500 Glock? To me, nothing.

Well, you don't have to get the extractor of the week to make it work right!
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 23:52   #39
brisk21

Glock and HK are both AWSOME guns. They are probably 2 of the best. Enough said.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50   #40
KennyFSU
What to wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
Well, you don't have to get the extractor of the week to make it work right!
I've only owned 3 Glocks, all were 9mm and gen 3s and they have always been 100%.

Last edited by KennyFSU; 11-14-2012 at 05:50..