Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:27   #41
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
Because what the world needs is another concrete company.

I'm sure some entrepreneur is waiting in the wings to do what you won't.
The arrogance of the left never disappoints.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30   #42
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Folks need to understand the natural progression of things here. If business owners and investors lay too many people off due to leftist government, the leftists will eventually seize your business to let the government run it. If you object, you'll be disposed of.

That's the ultimate plan anyway.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:39   #43
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Folks need to understand the natural progression of things here. If business owners and investors lay too many people off due to leftist government, the leftists will eventually seize your business to let the government run it. If you object, you'll be disposed of.

That's the ultimate plan anyway.
This worked for all of the obama’s heroes the guy is a greasy marxist.

Why so serious

If you don’t have any horses you must saddle your dogs - Dr. Saad
Big Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05   #44
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
... as were my partners and I. We are going to hold fast - for now - but have already accepted it may simply be a matter of "when" and "how severe", not if.

We are currently shopping for insurance we can afford. Health insurance that is affordable is becoming a rare find.
Depending upon the size of your business, I suspect you'll find it's cheaper if you cut the benefits and pay the penalty. Benefits used to be an item that employers used to keep good employees and recruit new ones. However now the gov't has made it such that you cannot afford to compete for quality people.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:06   #45
jdavionic
NRA Member

deleted...not worth it.

Last edited by jdavionic; 11-10-2012 at 13:00..
Old 11-10-2012, 12:09   #46
iiibbb

Quote:
The arrogance of the left never disappoints.
2-way street... dude acts as if anyone cares that he's not hiring.

I don't. I can call 12 other concrete guys more than willing to take my business-- and probably businessmen enough to make it work.
Jude 1:10 "But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction."
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33   #47
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

I don't. I can call 12 other concrete guys more than willing to take my business-- and probably businessmen enough to make it work.
Is utter and complete economic ignorance required to be a leftist?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:52   #48
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Is utter and complete economic ignorance required to be a leftist?
When there is a cradle to grave safety hammock they can afford to be ignorant.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 13:04   #49
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Precisely
Old 11-10-2012, 13:09   #50
iiibbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
You mean my education and highly marketable skills?

That safety net?
Jude 1:10 "But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction."
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 13:46   #51
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:

He's not a concrete guy.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 13:55   #52
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
So... everyone is to suppose that the closings listed are due to the squatter being re-elected? Personally, I hope that is the case. But saying so doesn't make it so.
The store I work at is adding 1-2 positions...so they can cut all part timers from 32 hours to 24. From the owner's mouth, because of Obama's reelection ensuring that his policies take effect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wants a G41
Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:00   #53
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
The store I work at is adding 1-2 positions...so they can cut all part timers from 32 hours to 24. From the owner's mouth, because of Obama's reelection ensuring that his policies take effect.
This will be the norm for hotels, restaurants, retail stores, etc.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Old 11-10-2012, 14:34   #54
countrygun

Quote:

Let me tell you some about "the trades" Mr. educated.

Most companies that do trade work are small sub-contractors with crews. The owners of those companies are/were 'tradesmen" themselves. They started at the botttom and worked up. They grew and hired people to expand their business and reinvested their profits in the business, equipment, crews, etc. If economic push comes to shove many of them can go back to doing the job themselves with just the labor they have to hire. They don't HAVE to run multiple crews pay huge taxes etc. In my business I actually took a pay cut when I started to expand until the expansion started to pay off, but in tough times I could always have gone back to being a "One man band" but I had a heck of a shop and the equipment that none of my employees had so they couldn't have competed with me they would have been SOL.

In the future you may be hiring the owner of the company to do your concrete work himself, but he used to employ a lot more people.

The truly sad part to the Obamafuture is that interest rates are at all time lows and it WAS a good opportunity to free up investment money for housing starts. In it's own way, right now is a great time for those with capital and good credit to get in to homes, in fact much better than during the "Sub-prime" market. Unfortunately the rest of the economic forecast is too gloomy due to Obama's "tax people into prosperity" thinking.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:36   #55
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Because what the world needs is another concrete company.

I'm sure some entrepreneur is waiting in the wings to do what you won't.
You assume I'm in the concrete business because of my GT handle? No, I'm not. You even got the message of my post wrong, total fail.

My handle is concretefuzzynuts because I have concrete fuzzy nuts. They are sitting in my nut bowl.

My business is custom made, high end furniture made of exotic woods, art. The market is down for such. The EPA regulations are so strict on some of the chemical finishes I use, it makes it very costly to stay in business.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 11-10-2012 at 14:41..
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:39   #56
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Let me tell you some about "the trades" Mr. educated.

Most companies that do trade work are small sub-contractors with crews. The owners of those companies are/were 'tradesmen" themselves. They started at the botttom and worked up. They grew and hired people to expand their business and reinvested their profits in the business, equipment, crews, etc. If economic push comes to shove many of them can go back to doing the job themselves with just the labor they have to hire. They don't HAVE to run multiple crews pay huge taxes etc. In my business I actually took a pay cut when I started to expand until the expansion started to pay off, but in tough times I could always have gone back to being a "One man band" but I had a heck of a shop and the equipment that none of my employees had so they couldn't have competed with me they would have been SOL.

In the future you may be hiring the owner of the company to do your concrete work himself, but he used to employ a lot more people.

The truly sad part to the Obamafuture is that interest rates are at all time lows and it WAS a good opportunity to free up investment money for housing starts. In it's own way, right now is a great time for those with capital and good credit to get in to homes, in fact much better than during the "Sub-prime" market. Unfortunately the rest of the economic forecast is too gloomy due to Obama's "tax people into prosperity" thinking.

How does a guy in your business have time to post 31 times per day, 7 days a week for months on end??? Just really curious.
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:42   #57
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
How does a guy in your business have time to post 31 times per day, 7 days a week for months on end??? Just really curious.
He's supervising. And on GT. So what?
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:45   #58
countrygun

Quote:
How does somebody, doing something useful, have the time to compile the statistics on someone elses postings?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:46   #59
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Maybe he's retired but has experience.

It doesn't make his post less factual.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 14:46   #60
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
So... everyone is to suppose that the closings listed are due to the squatter being re-elected? Personally, I hope that is the case. But saying so doesn't make it so.
That's because you don't understand the slightest thing about running a business.