SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 14:49   #61
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
You assume I'm in the concrete business because of my GT handle? No, I'm not. You even got the message of my post wrong, total fail.

My handle is concretefuzzynuts because I have concrete fuzzy nuts. They are sitting in my nut bowl.

My business is custom made, high end furniture made of exotic woods, art. The market is down for such. The EPA regulations are so strict on some of the chemical finishes I use, it makes it very costly to stay in business.
I can relate.

I bought a former auto-body shop. about 4,200 sqft. with 2 compressors and a full one car spray booth (talk about great for clear finish work). I set up my furniture/cabinet shop in it (and have roome for my knifemaking business as well. But I really wrestle with the idea of fighting all of the BS to get a fulltime business, with employees, going.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 15:03   #62
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
How does somebody, doing something useful, have the time to compile the statistics on someone elses postings?
your stats are on your profile. Eric does it for me...

Now care to answer how you have that much time???
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 15:33   #63
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
your stats are on your profile. Eric does it for me...

Now care to answer how you have that much time???
Pretty simple and I've made no secret about it. I retired 3 years ago, after having run my own business in the trades and doing quite well at it and investing well in profitable properties. I pretty much do as I please.

I don't suppose anyone who could retire a 50 to be able to teach you anything about economics or the trades however.
Old 11-10-2012, 16:22   #64
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Monday morning, I have to fire 6 people. If they have an O sticker on their car... guess what's going to happen? After all, they were part of the problem.
Good. Let them reap what they've sewn.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 18:44   #65
Flying-Dutchman

A tool supplier to mechanics I know was at an auto repair shop when the mechanic kicked out a customer with an Obama bumper sticker.

"You forced Obama Care on me now G T F out of here! I'm not fixing your car!"

This election result reaction is not going away; in fact it is gaining strength. I have never seen anything like it.

People in the medical field are on edge; afraid for their jobs. Guess what? They are not spending. Hello Great Depression II.

Tradesmen I deal with are stunned. One guy said he did not vote as he figured Romney would win easily as Americans would not be so stupid.

People are saying they will not patronize businesses they suspect are owned by Obama voters. This attitude is widespread.

I do not talk politics in real life; I just listen (and rant here).
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 18:58   #66
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
A tool supplier to mechanics I know was at an auto repair shop when the mechanic kicked out a customer with an Obama bumper sticker.

"You forced Obama Care on me now G T F out of here! I'm not fixing your car!"
Good! These people need to be ostracized!

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 18:59   #67
Jonesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Pretty simple and I've made no secret about it. I retired 3 years ago, after having run my own business in the trades and doing quite well at it and investing well in profitable properties. I pretty much do as I please.

I don't suppose anyone who could retire a 50 to be able to teach you anything about economics or the trades however.
I admit I do not know the trades.

But you should look at my background before making any bets at all about what I know about Economics. A few on here know my occupation and education.

Last edited by Jonesee; 11-10-2012 at 19:17..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:15   #68
Slug71

I don't like/agree with Obama Care but am I missing something with it? I don't understand all the lay-offs because of it.

From what I understand, companies with 25 and fewer employees don't pay anything and are eligible for a tax cut.
Companies with 50+ employees only pay if their PROFIT is $250k or more.
The tax if you avoid Obama Care is 0.9%. Isn't that offset quit a bit from the Bush tax cuts?

Have I got it all wrong?
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:16   #69
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Not the trades.

But you should look at my background before making any bets at all about what I know about Economics. A few on here know my occupation and education.
State your occupation. Some of us here have.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 11-10-2012 at 19:17..
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:24   #70
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
State your occupation. Some of us here have.
I know his occupation.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:36   #71
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
So... everyone is to suppose that the closings listed are due to the squatter being re-elected?
What are you kidding?

Every employee is now a huge liability. I do not envy business owners with what they now have to go thru with ZeroCare.

When we were free employees were assets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:38   #72
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Good! These people need to be ostracized!
Yep. Elections have consequences and they go both ways. I don't care if you're bleeding by the side of the road. You got an Obama sticker find someone else to call 911. DIE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:50   #73
countrygun

Quote:
I admit I do not know the trades.

You don't show it in your posts.

You should know that the trades get hit hard. the owner of a McDonalds can't do it all themself on all shifts. A finish carpenter or a hard surface installer can make his own wages. Painters don't "need" the helpers. Carpenters don't need the 'clean up" guys if it cuts their hours.

That is what is coming. those "helpers" and employees aren't going to be able to go out and start their own businesses.

I've seen the good times and the bad times and I know who is going to get hurt.
Old 11-10-2012, 20:33   #74
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
People in the medical field are on edge; afraid for their jobs. Guess what? They are not spending. Hello Great Depression II.

Tradesmen I deal with are stunned. One guy said he did not vote as he figured Romney would win easily as Americans would not be so stupid.
My wife is a teacher - no not a public school union teacher but a small private college still don't get paid s*** AND without all the nice benefits teacher.

A class ran late...she got back to my house at 7:00 pm...she had left my house at 6:30 am. Our polling place closed at 8.

She walks in the door and the FIRST thing she says to me is are you ready to go vote?

If your friend was too stupid/lazy/whatever to vote he is as good as a person who votes for Obama. The final vote tally I saw indicated a 2.5 million popular vote lead for Obama. If every person who WOULD have voted for Romney instead of thinking he was going to win in a landslide would have voted things today COULD be different.

I don't work in the medical field; I work for the largest health insurance provider in the country. Yesterday we had a call indicating approximately 17% of our work force was being laid off - they called it a "progressive layoff." Some were let go immediately, some where given a week to hand off projects, some by state law were given a full 60 days notice. I thankfully made the cut. However, things will get much worse workwise. Yes, I still have a job but realistically now its hard to not imagine working 70 hour weeks. Is it better than unemployment-yes.

Tradesmen in my area are being hit really hard. My FIL is a electrician doing a lot of cash side jobs; ironically he told me quite a few electricians are doing this and they are cutting each other's throats.

John Galt anyone?

Last edited by pugman; 11-10-2012 at 20:39..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 20:38   #75
nursetim

iiibbb, is that HWSNBN for iiibbb a communist?
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 20:44   #76
IGotIt
No Demlibtards

Ah yes, but welfare has no layoffs nor unemployment so that's one place we don't have to worry about losses.

Maybe we all ought to quit our jobs, close businesses, go on welfare and let Nobummer take care of us. I could use a permanent vacation, paid healthcare, housing subsidy, food, a new car, gold and diamond jewelry, tat's, child care, etc.
Old 11-10-2012, 20:47   #77
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotIt View Post
Ah yes, but welfare has no layoffs nor unemployment so that's one place we don't have to worry about losses.

Maybe we all ought to quit our jobs, close businesses, go on welfare and let Nobummer take care of us. I could use a permanent vacation, paid healthcare, housing subsidy, food, a new car, gold and diamond jewelry, tat's, child care, etc.
My wife turned in her retirement papers on the 7th.
Old 11-10-2012, 20:52   #78
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Is utter and complete economic ignorance required to be a leftist?
Absotively!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 20:55   #79
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
You mean my education and highly marketable skills?

That safety net?
So you dont take tax deductions right?

Since you are a leftist and care so much for those below you economically you are doing all you can to help the government raise the unfortunate.
Old 11-10-2012, 21:53   #80
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
Gee, fire them a month ago and Romney would've won...
Normally that would be the case but with this latest bunch of voters unemployment could have been 30% and they would have still voted for Obama.

Why would you care about the unemployment rate when you want free stuff but not a job?

And of course business waited until the election to fire people. You do not fire people when they make you money.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote