SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:34   #41
snowbird

Geko,

Re: 'Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings'

Where did your evil Muslims get those airplanes to fly into our buildings? Did they just pick them from some bushes? Or did science create them?

The fact is, as Winston Churchill noted long ago about some other believers in evil (Nazis, but similar to Communists and Muslims), they can be assisted by the "lurid glow of perverted science".

Science is just a tool. It can be used for good or for evil. To use science for good, you need to know right from wrong, which cannot be found in any laboratory, but in the pages of the Bible.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:51   #42
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If atheists are right and you are wrong, you ahve wasted your life making immoral choices based on fiction. That's worth something.
As a matter of fact, it was worth millions of dollars to Oral Roberts and the other TV preachers....

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:30   #43
packsaddle

Quote:
The complete lack of any evidence proves it for me.

There is a complete lack of evidence that you are intelligent. Does that prove it true, too?

If you knew anything about science, you would know that "evidence" doesn't have anything to do with "proof".

Scientific theories are supported by evidence but cannot be proven because they are necessarily falsifiable.

The bottom line is that you filter evidence through your belief systems (ideologies), as do scientists.

There are thousands of examples of scientists dismissing damaging evidence to support their ideologies, especially to acquire additional public funding for their pet projects.

This is why it is especially critical for the objective reader of science articles (and even random internet posts like yours) to separate the data from the interpretation.

For you to state there is a "complete lack of any evidence" proving something demonstrates that (a) you don't have a clue about science and (b) implies that you have examined ALL evidence (past/present/future), which you haven't, and can't, and therefore, reduces your credibility exponentially.

btw, how's your study of the philosophy of science going?

perhaps you should get started on that asap if your goal of being an objective seeker of truth is indeed sincere (which I doubt it is).
packsaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 19:31   #44
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Posted by Packsaddle:
There is a complete lack of evidence that you are intelligent.

how's your study of the philosophy of science going?
perhaps you should get started on that asap if your goal of being an objective seeker of truth is indeed sincere (which I doubt it is).
As usual, the guy who has the weak position and knows it insults his opponent. Classy.
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05   #45
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post
As usual, the guy who has the weak position and knows it insults his opponent. Classy.
You're being a little harsh on yourself.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 20:26   #46
wingryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Geko,

Re: 'Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings'

Where did your evil Muslims get those airplanes to fly into our buildings? Did they just pick them from some bushes? Or did science create them?
So, it is your contention that Boeing aircraft are "evil"? These amazing flying machine have afforded countless millions of middle-class citizens, all over the earth, to see more of the world than most kings and rulers could dream of a century ago. You are labeling this amazing flying machine evil because some religious zealots (who believe in the SAME god you do BTW), filled with the kind of hatred that only religion can fester, used aircraft as their tool for religious martyrdom.

Explain to me again how that is the fault of science?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by wingryder; 11-14-2012 at 20:27..
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 23:01   #47
Harper

Quote:
Who believes in scientist dude?
Those scientists better check their hypotenuses
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 00:01   #48
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Funny how you make that claim of everyone that disagrees with you as if all the people that don't line up with your way of thinking have emotional abnormalities. That seems like an emotional abnormality to me. Actually, theories have been proven wrong and theories have withstood being proven wrong. There is no proving theories right.

I'm glad that the "circumstantial" evidence was enough on it's own to convince you but I'm here to tell you that the evidence for BBT is anything but circumstantial. One of the best kinds of evidence is when you predict that if X is true then you should also be able to find Y and then you go and find Y like so,
http://www.astronomynotes.com/cosmolgy/s7.htm

That's several predictions that were lead to by previous predictions and all were in fact found to be true. In order to be proven false the standard model has to be unseated by a new model that explains everything the standard model does and more. Good luck with that.

Not having discovered dark matter yet doesn't disprove the standard model anymore than any one "missing link" disproves evolution. There is enough supporting evidence there already. And we don't "know" dark matter is there. It's just a placeholder explanation that should be true based on what we do know. It could be something else entirely. As I said, the universe operates independently of our ability to understand it.

Good advise that you should heed yourself, say, before posting videos of dogs humping legs and claiming it as evidence that animals act only on pheromones where sex drive is concerned yet humans are different. That one made me think that your mind may have been so open that your brain fell out and was promptly humped by a dog.

Internet trolls are so entertaining.
Emotionally driven. Immature. Clueless.
Which is why I rarely bother wasting my time with the fools in RI. Double talk, lies, and twisting truths is putting it mildly.
It's clear by your posts that you and some others here are frustrated to the point of insanity. You keep whining over and over but are accomplishing nothing except providing evidence of your emotional state. Have you considered lithium? Prozac? Valium?
You can do nothing but whine and cry on an internet forum.
Very telling that it is the same ones day after day.
Get a life.

Here ya go, since you liked them so much.

Old 11-15-2012, 00:25   #49
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post

Internet trolls are so entertaining.
Emotionally driven. Immature. Clueless.
Which is why I rarely bother wasting my time with the fools in RI. Double talk, lies, and twisting truths is putting it mildly.
It's clear by your posts that you and some others here are frustrated to the point of insanity. You keep whining over and over but are accomplishing nothing except providing evidence of your emotional state. Have you considered lithium? Prozac? Valium?
You can do nothing but whine and cry on an internet forum.
Very telling that it is the same ones day after day.
Get a life.
I agree 100%.
Believers, Blast is callin' you out!
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 00:31   #50
Gills63

FAITH.....You guys are working way too hard.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24   #51
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
So, it is your contention that Boeing aircraft are "evil"?...the fault of science?
Reading skills are basic. Train your brain, and you too can get smarter. Notice my last paragraph, "Science is just a tool. It can be used for good or evil..."

And to think that you posted such tripe on the holy day of Saint Albert the Great (1206 - 1280 AD), Patron of Scientists.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:27   #52
wingryder

Quote:
Reading skills are basic. Train your brain, and you too can get smarter. Notice my last paragraph, "Science is just a tool. It can be used for good or evil..."
Perhaps you could clarify this sentence for me. Because the way I read it, you are making the airplane somehow culpable:

Quote:
By this rationale, Science could be evil for creating cars because they are occasionally used in car bomb attacks. It is simply a pointless statement meant to loosely tie science to evil.

Quote:
And to think that you posted such tripe on the holy day of Saint Albert the Great (1206 - 1280 AD), Patron of Scientists.

Last edited by wingryder; 11-17-2012 at 09:29..
Old 11-17-2012, 11:51   #53
snowbird

What part of, "Science can be used for good or for evil", do you not understand?

Leftist gungrabbers often claim that guns (which science created) can be used for evil. Do you not agree that they can also be used for good?

Science created Zyklon B gas. I don't know if it has any good uses, but the Nazis used it to exterminate millions of Jewish
(and others, including Polish Catholic Christian) men, women, and children in gas chambers. Do you not agree that that's evil?

As I said before, questions of good and evil are not answered through laboratory research; but they are answered in the pages of the Bible (such as, 'Thou shalt do no murder', and 'Love thy neighbor as thyself', while allowing for justifiable homicide in cases of last-resort self-defense). Comprende?
Old 11-17-2012, 12:05   #54
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
As I said before, questions of good and evil are not answered through laboratory research; but they are answered in the pages of the Bible (such as, 'Thou shalt do no murder', and 'Love thy neighbor as thyself', while allowing for justifiable homicide in cases of last-resort self-defense). Comprende?
Genocide ordered (or carried out) by God... good.

Genocide ordered by man... bad.

God was perhaps the first to use the needed killin' defense.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:17   #55
wingryder

Quote:
What part of, "Science can be used for good or for evil", do you not understand?
That wasn't the part that I don't understand. That is a pointless declarative statement. You could replace the term "science" with any noun (i.e. bat, chair, golf club, automobile, test tube, twinkie, RELIGION, etc).

You can't assign an inanimate object with the trait of being good or evil. Besides good and evil are subjective. What is good to you may be evil to someone else.

Quote:
Leftist gungrabbers often claim that guns (which science created) can be used for evil. Do you not agree that they can also be used for good?
See above explanation. Guns are just machines, it is the opinionated that assign them with character traits.

Quote:
Science created Zyklon B gas. I don't know if it has any good uses, but the Nazis used it to exterminate millions of Jewish
(and others, including Polish Catholic Christian) men, women, and children in gas chambers. Do you not agree that that's evil?
No, Zyklon is a thing. Any "thing" can be used for evil. Zyklon is not evil.

Quote:
Where in the bible does it say that Zyklon B is evil? Where does your spiritual guidance on that matter come from?

Thou shalt not murder.... unless directed by god to do so.

Love thy neighbor... unless they don't believe the same way you do?

Last edited by wingryder; 11-17-2012 at 12:19..
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45   #56
snowbird

Quote:
1)You can't assign an inanimate object with the trait of being good or evil.

2)Thou shalt not murder.... unless directed by god to do so.

3)Love thy neighbor... unless they don't believe the same way you do?
1) Can you point to anyplace where I did? (Hint: as I've told you before, but you won't listen, reading comprehension is key).

2) Murder is defined as "unlawful and malicious premeditated killing of one human being by another". Obviously God cannot do that. Try to learn the meanings of words before you misuse them and display conspicuous ignorance in a public place.

3) Now you're confusing Islam with Christianity. Jesus said love thy neighbor as thyself. Mohammed said "Slay the infidel" (i.e. 'those who don't believe the same way you do').

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a 'FAIL' on your efforts at reading comprehension, vocabulary, and logic. More work on your part is needed.
Old 11-17-2012, 13:16   #57
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Jesus said love thy neighbor as thyself.

Mohammed said "Slay the infidel" (i.e. 'those who don't believe the same way you do').
Jesus was a bit more New Agey than Dad.

2 Chronicles 15:13 All who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman

Exodus 22:20 Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 13:9-11 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Leviticus 24:14 Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 13:39   #58
wingryder

Quote:
1) Can you point to anyplace where I did? (Hint: as I've told you before, but you won't listen, reading comprehension is key)....

Try to learn the meanings of words before you misuse them and display conspicuous ignorance in a public place.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a 'FAIL' on your efforts at reading comprehension, vocabulary, and logic. More work on your part is needed.
Your arrogance and condescension bores me. Didn't your mom tell you to play nice? You raise your rhetoric when you should reinforce you argument.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:54   #59
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Jesus was a bit more New Agey than Dad.

2 Chronicles 15:13 All who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman

Exodus 22:20 Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 13:9-11 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Leviticus 24:14 Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

-ArtificialGrape
As has been frequently pointed out to you, yet you keep obtusely ignoring, the Old Testament passages you cite were long-ago, once-only Divine judgements on certain highly-specific sinners. (If you think otherwise, name a dozen or so recent victims). OTOH, Islam's injunction to "Slay the infidel" is very current (just look at the news), ongoing, open-ended, and intended to be operative in perpetuity. An estimated 280 million innocents have been murdered as a result, AND COUNTING DAILY.

Nice try; maybe as a reward for your services to his fascism, Allah will credit you one tenth of a virgin goat?

Last edited by snowbird; 11-18-2012 at 07:55..
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:17   #60
snowbird

Quote:
Your arrogance and condescension bores me. Didn't your mom tell you to play nice? You raise your rhetoric when you should reinforce you argument.
It's called 'fighting fire with fire'.

I wish I had a dime for every time some far-leftist has called me "crazy", "stupid", or a "bigot".

But you still haven't provided any facts or logic to support your position, just name-calling. And meanwhile, politically-correct totalitarianism keeps advancing against our freedom.