SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 17:06   #61
garander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Very nice indeed I do not have the 1/2" either, I can not imagine I could ever really take advantage of that kind of mechanical accuracy Sounds like you had a great day of shooting,congrats Looks like you and you Baer are warming up to each other.
You may not have the 1 1/2 option, but i have a feeling that many of the standard guns will shoot close to 1 1/2" anyway, at least if you take the time to find a load it likes.
garander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 00:41   #62
IndianaMatt

I thought Les Baer was actually pretty nice. He looks like a decent guy from his Youtube videos and interviews.

I thought it was Ed Brown that was the jerk??

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 11-11-2012 at 00:41..
IndianaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:19   #63
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
I thought Les Baer was actually pretty nice. He looks like a decent guy from his Youtube videos and interviews.

I thought it was Ed Brown that was the jerk??

Ed Brown Is Rude Shot Show 2012 weaponseducation - YouTube
From what I have read (and take that for what it is worth) both Brown and Bear can be jerks. I hear tell that calling Baer and telling him one of his 1911 is not working is pretty much like kicking him in the nads. He tends to blame the user for any issues

Who knows if it is true.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35   #64
IndianaMatt

Quote:
From what I have read (and take that for what it is worth) both Brown and Bear can be jerks. I hear tell that calling Baer and telling him one of his 1911 is not working is pretty much like kicking him in the nads. He tends to blame the user for any issues

Who knows if it is true.
LOL!! I actually laughed out loud when I read this. My wife looked at me at the computer and was like, "Baby what's so funny?"

Its probably true, what you say. Probably both Brown and Baer are so passionate about their guns, have spent so many years working hard at their business, that anything even resembling criticism is tantamount to a personal affront.

Bottom line: The both make great firearms. [I think I do prefer the Baer stuff, though]. Congrats on the new piece - it looks like a real pleasure to own, display, and shoot.

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 11-11-2012 at 02:37..
IndianaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 15:39   #65
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
LOL!! I actually laughed out loud when I read this. My wife looked at me at the computer and was like, "Baby what's so funny?"

Its probably true, what you say. Probably both Brown and Baer are so passionate about their guns, have spent so many years working hard at their business, that anything even resembling criticism is tantamount to a personal affront.

Bottom line: The both make great firearms. [I think I do prefer the Baer stuff, though]. Congrats on the new piece - it looks like a real pleasure to own, display, and shoot.
Thanks

I would think Baer and Brown are just about on par with each other in quality and build. The Brown I have seems a little more "refined" than either Baer I have owned. But that is a very subjective thing so take it for what is it worth
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 19:01   #66
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:

Who knows if it is true.
When I called I spoke to him about my slide stop notch needing to be re cut as it was peening out. He said it was because I was using CMC magazines. I said I used them because the gun wouldn't run with LBC magazines. There was some yelling then he told me to send the gun in. Free repair and fast shipping.