the wrong hands

Letter to a future Republican strategist regarding white people

Couldn't have said it better myself.

http://www.ericgarland.co/2012/11/09...-white-people/
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:17   #2
JFrame

Quote:
Climate - Within just the past 18 months the following events have come to our attention: a record-breaking drought that sent temperatures over 100 degrees for weeks, killing half the corn in the Midwest and half the TREES on our suburban property – AND – a hurricane that drowned not New Orleans or Tampa or North Carolina but my native state of VERMONT. As an encore, a second hurricane drowned lower Manhattan, New Jersey and Long Island. The shouted views of decrepit mental fossil Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma that this is a fraud perpetrated on the American people by evil, conspiring climate scientists is belied by such events and is looking irresponsible to even the most skeptical.
I didn't have to read any further than the above to understand that the author -- who believes that the concept of climate that encompasses geological time can be encapsulated in weather phenomena spanning 1 1/2 years -- is a moron. And anyone who thinks anything meaningful can be extracted by the rantings of such a person is very likely the same.

--

Last edited by JFrame; 11-11-2012 at 17:49..
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:30   #3
JBnTX
None

WoW!!!

Another hit piece from some metrosexual, holier than thou white boy telling us all that's wrong with the republican party.

Give it a rest! If you don't like the republican party, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:46   #4
W420Hunter

Send a message via AIM to W420Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to W420Hunter
Quote:
We watch our country piss away 60% more expenditures than the next most expensive system (Switzerland) for health outcomes that rival former Soviet bloc nations.
I have to say I skipped around on the issues listed so I got to the 2. After reading that I knew all I had to about the writer.

Last edited by W420Hunter; 11-11-2012 at 17:47..
W420Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:50   #5
Flying-Dutchman

Just another arrogant liberal; big on the identity politics emphasizing he is pasty white like we are supposed to listen now.

He complains Republicans hate and insult the other side while he dishes out the insults.

And the bragging; he should run for office instead of sitting on the sidelines throwing stones to see how many votes he gets. Good luck with that.

Deep down inside this guy is afraid, very afraid.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:57   #6
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
I didn't have to read any further than the above to understand that the author -- who believes that the concept of climate that encompasses geological time can be encapsulated in weather phenomena spanning 1 1/2 years -- is a moron. And anyone who thinks anything meaningful can be extracted by the rantings of such a person very likely the same.

Rasmussen polls, which are the most accurate in the country, says 68% of Americans view climate change as a big deal. I'm not one for an appeal to majority argument but that's a lot. 68% of Americans don't agree on anything but they agree on this. I might add, for the purpose of this article it doesn't really matter if climate change is man made or not. This is what the people believe so this is what the politicians have to deal with. What happens when atheists run for office? Doesn't matter what's true, only what the people believe.

But really, does his views on climate change have any impact on his other points? I don't see how disagreeing on someone on one point makes all their other points automatically wrong... Unless that's all you got.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:00   #7
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
3. You kick and scream and stamp your feet and call me and my friends names – and submit to several decades of one party rule
While I do not want a one-party system, I also don’t particularly care which of these options you choose. If you look carefully at the numbers on Tuesday, nobody else cares, either.
Is he declaring war?
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:10   #8
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Rasmussen polls, which are the most accurate in the country, says 68% of Americans view climate change as a big deal. I'm not one for an appeal to majority argument but that's a lot. 68% of Americans don't agree on anything but they agree on this. I might add, for the purpose of this article it doesn't really matter if climate change is man made or not. This is what the people believe so this is what the politicians have to deal with. What happens when atheists run for office? Doesn't matter what's true, only what the people believe.

But really, does his views on climate change have any impact on his other points? I don't see how disagreeing on someone on one point makes all their other points automatically wrong... Unless that's all you got.
When someone has proposed something as axiomatically stupid as controlling the climate, it invalidates whatever else he can intellectually propose to me. John Huntsman was one. Belief in this one concept ripples through every other component of both his outlook and how it controls our lives -- Cap & Trade, the EPA, etc.

You're right -- the fact that XX percent of people believe something is irrelevant to whether it is correct or not. Hugo Chavez was overwhelmingly reelected president of Venezuela. I'm sure you'll agree that Chavez probably is not the best leader a nation can have.

If, as you're suggesting, climate change is NOT man-made but man STILL has to change it, makes the premise even more idiotic.

--
Old 11-11-2012, 18:31   #9
Flying-Dutchman

And this dude’s suggestions are Liberal positions so by becoming Democrat-Lite Republicans can win? Never works, voters choose the real thing.

The Liberal’s solution to Global Warming--Tax Western people and give the money to 3rd World Dictators.

Notice all of their solutions involve a tax?

When Liberals adopt the Amish lifestyle and go back to the horse and buggy we can talk Climate Change.
Old 11-11-2012, 18:40   #10
Flying-Dutchman

One last thing…this dude’s wife is a doctor so apparently she supports his fat butt.

Wait until Obama Care kicks in; he will not have to agonize about being rich anymore.
Old 11-11-2012, 18:56   #11
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
One last thing…this dude’s wife is a doctor so apparently she supports his fat butt.

Anyone who sits down to write all that stuffs... has issues between the ears. This guy has emotion bubbling inside. His writing really is not to disseminate info, but a cry for help, a way to relieve emotion.

There are people who get paid to work with that. They're called Psychiatrists, shrinks for short. He really needs help. Wife needs to pay attention. He takes macro-society way too personal.

"One flew over the ---- nest" comes to mind.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 11-11-2012 at 18:59..
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 19:19   #12
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Another hit piece from some metrosexual, holier than thou white boy telling us all that's wrong with the republican party.
So what kind of white man the Republican Party does appeal to? Who are its base voters?
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 19:26   #13
evlbruce

The guy can't see past his pudgy nose; with the exception of gay marriage and climate change every point could easily be turned into a criticism of the man he voted into office.

This reads like parody, the only way it'd be better is if he mentioned his adopted under-privilaged child.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 19:45   #14
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Another fat suburbanite with all the answers.

Unfortunately, those answers are yet another brand of statism, distinct from the current GOP orthodoxy; he would suggest another.

Who within th GOP will step up and articulate the position of freedom?

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:09   #15
FetchMonster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
So what kind of white man the Republican Party does appeal to? Who are its base voters?
This guy?
Attached Thumbnails
Political Issues - Click for larger version  
Old 11-11-2012, 22:15   #16
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Another fat suburbanite with all the answers.
His wife is a lily white ball of fat too. She's a physician it says. Undergraduate degree in cell biology. That will help her understand her diabetes better.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:40   #17
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Why you guys still have a hope for GOP in 2016? It's all over. Try learn to live without GOP.
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:40   #18
Walt_NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Rasmussen polls, which are the most accurate in the country, says 68% of Americans view climate change as a big deal.
Political Issues

Awesomely well-played.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01   #19
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post

Awesomely well-played.
...So you believe that the validity of a position is based on its popularity?

--
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11   #20
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
I didn't have to read any further than the above to understand that the author -- who believes that the concept of climate that encompasses geological time can be encapsulated in weather phenomena spanning 1 1/2 years -- is a moron. And anyone who thinks anything meaningful can be extracted by the rantings of such a person is very likely the same..
Same here. That's exactly where I stopped reading.
"I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the acorn community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America."

– Ted Nugent
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29   #21
Walt_NC

Quote:
...So you believe that the validity of a position is based on its popularity?

No. I think that the statement is hilarious because it's built off the incredibly false (but popular on GT) assumption that Rasmussen is one of the most reliable polls out there and in no way has a partisan bias.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36   #22
JFrame

Quote:
No. I think that the statement is hilarious because it's built off the incredibly false (but popular on GT) assumption that Rasmussen is one of the most reliable polls out there and in no way has a partisan bias.
Okay -- so you found that bit amusing, but are in no way endorsing the stated premise that the popularity of an issue makes it inherently viable...Thank you for the clarification.

--
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40   #23
Walt_NC

Quote:
Okay -- so you found that bit amusing, but are in no way endorsing the stated premise that the popularity of an issue makes it inherently viable...Thank you for the clarification.
Of course not. We're that the case here at GTPI, Romney would be President.

/Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:41   #24
JFrame

Quote:
Of course not. We're that the case here at GTPI, Romney would be President.

/Sorry, couldn't help it.
Hey man -- I can take a joke.

--
Old 11-12-2012, 13:14   #25
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Unbiased like abc, NBC, CBS, CNN/USA today?

Like that?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote