Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 19:32   #41
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

In my opinion the U.S. doesn't owe anyone anything. We've been pumping billions and billions around the world in aid for a long, long time now not to mention saving the whole damn planet from speaking German twice (not that it isn't a beautiful language).

When do we start getting that money paid back?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 21:13   #42
Guss

Here are two number that provide the answer:
The first is the net worth of households and non-profits.
The second is the national debt.
Obviously it could be paid off very quickly with the right politicians in office.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 22:19   #43
Gunnut 45/454

IvanVic
Typical Libertard response! So how would you fix it? Oh let me guess tax the rich! What I proposed is have EVERY AMERICAN pay it off -its OUR debt! So every American should feel the pain so we never go back through it again. Your Messiah is all for fairness right what could be more fair then EVERYONE PAYING! After the debt is paided off we Admend the COTUS to spell out a new law that can't be broken without major jail time for the POTUS. You will not spend more then 90% of all revenue recieved to the Treasury! If the POTUS does he impeached and jailed. So budgets will be based on the previous years revenue. If the revenue drops below what is needed to run certain programs -they go away or are rebudgeted to come with in the revenue stream.
Old 11-10-2012, 22:44   #44
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Who cares.

I'm part of the 47%!

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
How myopic.

Who cares? You will- when the benefits you are receiving are paid to you in a currency that has more value as toilet paper than as a negotiable instrument.
Old 11-11-2012, 00:12   #45
Gunnut 45/454

FFR Spyder GT
Like we didn't know this already! Mouthbreathers really do stand out in a crowd!
Old 11-11-2012, 15:55   #46
podwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Here are two number that provide the answer:
The first is the net worth of households and non-profits.
The second is the national debt.
Obviously it could be paid off very quickly with the right politicians in office.
I find different (much, much lower) numbers for net worth of all the USA, but I take issue with the idea the right politicians could fix the debt based on it. It's not their money to appropriate (and you're also ignoring how liquid such assets are). But, most of all, it's not theirs to appropriate.

Stop. The. Spending. Now.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 16:16   #47
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What makes you think they have any intentions of paying it off?
JB, send me your address via PM and I will send you the booby prize....first one out of the gate already has the answer.

There is no plan or really incentive to pay off the debt; the numbers we are talking about now are so one sided the further we go along the next 30 years the more obvious it will become.

I've posted this several times since the election but federal revenues need to increase 150-240% to cover current expenditures not considering inflation or the increased costs of borrowing.

In 2011, federal expenditures just to pay the interest absorbed 10% of federal income.

I've dumbed this down several times but the federal government is currently a guy making $40K/year with almost $300,000 in credit card bills and a mortgage of $2.4 million dollars. If you were this person and you knew the only way to increase your income was to rob your neighbor what do you think your chances look like?
Old 11-11-2012, 21:46   #48
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Who cares.

I'm part of the 47%!

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
You sound like my ex. Her ass ain't getting any tighter, either.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote