Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 15:48   #381
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
No just a 3rd party brainwash that seems to take pleasure in mocking only one side. Hummm
Nah. Actually, I take pleasure in mocking both sides.

It's one of the perks of being a Libertarian and not one of the lemmings on either of those sides.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:31   #382
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

It's one of the perks of being a Libertarian and not one of the lemmings on either of those sides.
Agreed.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 20:42   #383
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:

Is it beneath my dignity to admit the same?

The difference between us and the Republicans is that we don't whine after we lose. We keep on working the system and plan for the future.
Old 11-10-2012, 21:06   #384
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Is it beneath my dignity to admit the same?

The difference between us and the Republicans is that we don't whine after we lose. We keep on working the system and plan for the future.

Well, that's because we aren't involved in the (as I like to call it) "perpetual pissing match" the Repubs and Dems are always in. All they like to do is point fingers and spout how each other is wrong, while Libertarians see they are both wrong.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-10-2012 at 21:06..
Old 11-10-2012, 21:18   #385
Slug71

Quote:
Well, that's because we aren't involved in the (as I like to call it) "perpetual pissing match" the Repubs and Dems are always in. All they like to do is point fingers and spout how each other is wrong, while Libertarians see they are both wrong.
Couldn't have said it better.

I think the Republicans will have no choice but to take a Libertarian approach in the future though. If they want to win elections that is.
I honestly think the Republican Party and ways as they knew it is done.

If they think Allen West, Paul Ryan, Condoleezza Rice are going to be great candidates for 2016, they haven't learn't a damn thing from this election.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-10-2012, 21:31   #386
Sendarr

I don't see Ryan or rice, Rubio maybe

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Sendarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:22   #387
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Couldn't have said it better.

I think the Republicans will have no choice but to take a Libertarian approach in the future though. If they want to win elections that is.
I honestly think the Republican Party and ways as they knew it is done.

If they think Allen West, Paul Ryan, Condoleezza Rice are going to be great candidates for 2016, they haven't learn't a damn thing from this election.
If they were going to play the Condoleeza Rice card, they should have played it back in '08. Not only would she have been the first black president, but the first female one as well...I honestly think she could have beaten Obama. And on top of that, we damn sure wouldn't be in the mess we're in today had she won. But noooooo...McCain of all people got the nomination.

When anyone asks why I've been done with the GOP for so long, I remind them of '08, and now '12. What else needs to be said.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04   #388
Slug71

Quote:
If they were going to play the Condoleeza Rice card, they should have played it back in '08. Not only would she have been the first black president, but the first female one as well...I honestly think she could have beaten Obama. And on top of that, we damn sure wouldn't be in the mess we're in today had she won. But noooooo...McCain of all people got the nomination.

When anyone asks why I've been done with the GOP for so long, I remind them of '08, and now '12. What else needs to be said.
Eghh....honestly I don't know about Condoleezza at all. I think we'd probably be even worse off.

I just hate the candidates/choices we're seeing.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46   #389
Harper

Rand Paul 2016
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04   #390
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Eghh....honestly I don't know about Condoleezza at all. I think we'd probably be even worse off.

I just hate the candidates/choices we're seeing.

Condoleeza isn't my pick either, but I don't think she could have done worse than Obama. She's smarter than him for sure.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:26   #391
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Rand Paul 2016
Amen.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 11-11-2012, 07:43   #392
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The rightwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Obama win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

The leftwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Romney win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

Yet neither the rightwingers nor the leftwingers agree that they're two faces of the same coin.

Oh, the humanity and the irony!!!
I heard a breakdown of the voting amongst "blocks," and it went something like this after the final tallies last Tuesday.

mr. obama-lite (romney) won most of the votes from OLDER (+35) white males and white women coming.

mr. soetoro won the following:

Hispanics: over 70%

Blacks (men and women): over 90%

white women: 32+%

older white males : 20+%

younger white males: 50+%

This election proves the two party system to ruled by "mobacracy," which is what the handlers of our last nine POTUS' need it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADENFREUDE View Post
Voting isn't a sports contest. It is one of the most sacred things we can do in our republic. Vote your conscience and don't worry about all the dems and repubs that want their guy to win so that they feel all warm and toasty inside.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams
(emphasis mine)

Reminds me of the adage, "I fought for the losing side, but I fought on the right side nonetheless."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Actually not really... if you get down to the meat and potatoes of it the two parties currently are very similar in action and values.
True that.

And this single fact escapes the sheeple masses and so knowing, we never get any substantial third party traction.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-11-2012 at 07:44..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:45   #393
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Sig material... -LOL-
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 21:57   #394
robrides85

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
We all voted for romney this time. He STILL lost.
Yeah. The million plus votes for Gary came from elsewhere (i.e. both parties - obviously the LP didn't put up 1.2 million compared to the previous best finish of 500k). 77% of libertarians were polling for Romney here:

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/poll-...ertarian-vote/
robrides85 is offline   Reply With Quote