SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2012, 22:09   #61
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporaticus View Post
Every time the republicans lose, they think the answer is to move farther left. And then they lose again.
These terms are confusing. If left and right refer to collectivism and free market capitalism respectively then why do we need to lump social issues in one side or the other. The GOP could move further right economically and lighten up on the social/religious issues. No one is saying they need to become democrats. I'm libertarian and want the GOP to mover further away from the democrats.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:09   #62
Sporaticus
Aw sheet main

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Yeah, Romney came out against gay marriage, abortion, planned parenthood, contraception, etc. Howd that pan out for us?
Well, Romney was for it, before he was against it. Hence the moniker "flip-flopper".

Quote:
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sporaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:09   #63
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

I dont think anyone is for abolishing christianity, just the legislating it onto others. It is entirely possible to be a person of faith while respecting other peoples freedoms.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:10   #64
Trapped_in_Kali

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC50310 View Post
Yeah, Romney came out against gay marriage, abortion, planned parenthood, contraception, etc. Howd that pan out for us?

Well I lost track of his flip/flops so I may have missed it.... Can you give specific references to what he said when & where?
Trapped_in_Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:10   #65
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The funny thing about people like me is that I don't want to force my beliefs on other people, and I'm not at all surprised when a Republican loses.
Nobody from the Repubs has ever tried to force anything onto idiots like you, or anyone.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:12   #66
Sporaticus
Aw sheet main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
The GOP could move further right economically and lighten up on the social/religious issues.
Apparently not.

I don't mean to disagree, but there seems to be issues the "religious right" will not compromise or sell out. I was surprised when I learned they didn't come out to vote. It was encouraging and frustrating at the same time.

Quote:
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sporaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:12   #67
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

tldr. Yessir... too many fags, sluts and colonists. Gotta roll with the punches.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:14   #68
jame
mange takk

Guys, I really do believe we need to be how we can pull people up, not how we can push them out.

I'm an evangelical Lutheran. But my faith does not dictate my politics. I voted for Romney because of his fiscal policy, period.

Being specifically excluded probably wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I can think of hundreds of others that might make it a big deal, and that's just in my small rural community.

We need to quit focusing on who to exclude or include next time. We need to focus on how we can help pull everyone up to prosperity.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:18   #69
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Ignoring the evangelical right will always get the Repubs a loss...

You can't narrow the group that makes up the Republican Party and expect to win.
Unfortunately you might be right. 58% of republicans still believe in biblical creationism and 31% believe God guided evolution. What the GOP really needs is education.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:21   #70
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Unfortunately you might be right. 58% of republicans still believe in biblical creationism and 31% believe God guided evolution. What the GOP really needs is education.
Yeah, an education on how to deal with threats. The muslim world should have been a sheet of glass by 9-12-2001. Even a Dem knew when to pull the trigger... (Harry)
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 11-11-2012 at 22:23..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:22   #71
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Too late. They ditched you, and you LOST. You are the LOSER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped_in_Kali View Post
Well I lost track of his flip/flops so I may have missed it.... Can you give specific references to what he said when & where?
"I want to eliminate planned parenthood".

The chances of that ever happening are almost zero so why even say it? It was a pointless and dumb statement that cost him an ass load of votes.
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:22   #72
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped_in_Kali View Post
Quote:
But as a nation, we recognize the right of all people to believe as they want and not to impose our beliefs on other people. I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a U.S. Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law, and the right of a woman to make that choice, and my personal beliefs, like the personal beliefs of other people, should not be brought into a political campaign.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...omney#Abortion

Last edited by Harper; 11-11-2012 at 22:24.. Reason: Sorry, maybe you were asking about pro-life statements.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:25   #73
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Point. Set. Match. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:30   #74
G36's Rule

Quote:
You can continue to be "smart" and lose more freedoms everyday or realize those of faith don't pose a threat to you and cultivate their support...
Old 11-11-2012, 22:31   #75
Harper

Quote:
Apparently not.

I don't mean to disagree, but there seems to be issues the "religious right" will not compromise or sell out. I was surprised when I learned they didn't come out to vote. It was encouraging and frustrating at the same time.
You might be right. I guess someone needs to do some research to figure out how the GOP can optimize voter turnout. Maybe a certain number of evangelicals will vote republican no matter what and the GOP can make up the difference with independent or minority votes. Maybe the evangelical base is still so large and stubborn that ignoring everyone else is the best strategy. That's really a question for mathematicians. It's sad they have to pander to the lowest common denominator.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:32   #76
ysr_racer

Quote:
Please don't confuse this discussion with facts.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:32   #77
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowhead View Post
point. Set. Loss! Hh
fify!
Old 11-11-2012, 22:35   #78
TK-421

Quote:
Nobody from the Repubs has ever tried to force anything onto idiots like you, or anyone.
Hmm, trying to force our women to not be able to make decisions for themselves by making abortion illegal. Trying to force schools to only teach creationism, instead of also teaching evolution. Trying to force schools to not educate the kids about contraceptives, and force them to only teach abstinence. The list really does go on and on.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 22:40   #79
Harper

Quote:
You can continue to be "smart" and lose more freedoms everyday or realize those of faith don't pose a threat to you and cultivate their support...
The evangelicals do pose a threat to liberty.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:41   #80
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Hmm, trying to force our women to not be able to make decisions for themselves by making abortion illegal. Trying to force schools to only teach creationism, instead of also teaching evolution. Trying to force schools to not educate the kids about contraceptives, and force them to only teach abstinence. The list really does go on and on.
Not a chance. But you go on making a fool out of yourself...