GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29   #21
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
...So you believe that the validity of a position is based on its popularity?


.
No. I think that the statement is hilarious because it's built off the incredibly false (but popular on GT) assumption that Rasmussen is one of the most reliable polls out there and in no way has a partisan bias.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36   #22
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
No. I think that the statement is hilarious because it's built off the incredibly false (but popular on GT) assumption that Rasmussen is one of the most reliable polls out there and in no way has a partisan bias.
Okay -- so you found that bit amusing, but are in no way endorsing the stated premise that the popularity of an issue makes it inherently viable...Thank you for the clarification.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40   #23
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Okay -- so you found that bit amusing, but are in no way endorsing the stated premise that the popularity of an issue makes it inherently viable...Thank you for the clarification.
Of course not. We're that the case here at GTPI, Romney would be President.

/Sorry, couldn't help it.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:41   #24
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
Of course not. We're that the case here at GTPI, Romney would be President.

/Sorry, couldn't help it.
Hey man -- I can take a joke.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 14:14   #25
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,066


Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
No. I think that the statement is hilarious because it's built off the incredibly false (but popular on GT) assumption that Rasmussen is one of the most reliable polls out there and in no way has a partisan bias.
Unbiased like abc, NBC, CBS, CNN/USA today?

Like that?
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:24   #26
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Unbiased like abc, NBC, CBS, CNN/USA today?

Like that?
LOL Deflect much? I love that you're so committed to your ideology that rather than accepting that Rasmussens polling sucked this election and moving on, you instinctively get defensive and try to deflect with 'Yeah, well the other guys...'.

Btw, the other polls you mentioned were miles ahead of Rasmussen in terms of accuracy. The only firm to suck more was Gallup. It would appear that 'reality' and 'math' have joined the MSM in the war on conservatism.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:28   #27
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,066


Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
LOL Deflect much? I love that you're so committed to your ideology that rather than accepting that Rasmussens polling sucked this election and moving on, you instinctively get defensive and try to deflect with 'Yeah, well the other guys...'.

Btw, the other polls you mentioned were miles ahead of Rasmussen in terms of accuracy. The only firm to suck more was Gallup. It would appear that 'reality' and 'math' have joined the MSM in the war on conservatism.
Your point was also partisan bias sparky
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:49   #28
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Your point was also partisan bias sparky
And my response was there wasn't much bias in their polling if their predictions closely mirrored the outcome, champ.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:04   #29
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt_NC View Post
No. I think that the statement is hilarious because it's built off the incredibly false (but popular on GT) assumption that Rasmussen is one of the most reliable polls out there and in no way has a partisan bias.
Actually Rasmussen was accurate in the 2008 Presidential election. Next time I will pay more attention to Intrade; the gamblers are 100% the last 3 Presidential elections.

Romney would have brought new energy and hope come January just like JFK in '61.

Now there is a feeling of doom.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:12   #30
Walt_NC
Senior Member
 
Walt_NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Actually Rasmussen was accurate in the 2008 Presidential election.
From what I saw, they did a pretty bang-up job in '08. Scott Rasmussen should be doing all he can to get back to that model because he has about as much credibility as Dean Chambers right now.
__________________
If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
- H.L. Mencken
Walt_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:21   #31
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Y'all sure don't seem to be very united. It reminds me of the religious forum where the different sects of Christians and a Jew or two constantly argue over what this or that in the bible means while the atheists pretty much sit back and laugh at it all with nary a disagreement on what the science means.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:26   #32
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,348
I responded to this liberal troll on his website. Will be interesting to see what he has to say.

No it won't.

Dear misguided editorialist:

1. That fact that you're white is irrelevant.

2. Science: No one in the Republican Party is against science. The opinions of two parliamentary candidates do not a party platform make, nor do they speak for anyone but themselves.

3. Congress does not control the climate. Neither does your almighty president. Inhofe is also correct, manmade climate change is a fraud. There were glaciers as far south as Mexico during the last ice age, and they retreated up into Canada eons…yes EONS…before the Industrial Revolution was a gleam in Henry Ford's eye. Just because idiots like Al Gore think its caused by something else doesn't make it so. And all those weather events you've listed have happened previously, long before you were born. They are not new. They will also repeat from time to time, no matter how many trees you plant or no matter how many trips to the recycling bin you make.

4. Healthcare: We have the best healthcare system in the world, bar none. The nonsense was started by the democrats was over the crisis of paying for that healthcare. Other people fly here from around the world when they have the money, because they know there is no batter healthcare than right here in the US. The democrats desire to manufacture new voters out those who have lived outside the system because they're here illegally or are young and rarely need health insurance is just a feint to earn their continued loyalty,,,,and votes. If anything, the socialization of our medical system will be its ruin.

5. War: Iraq is over and if you're really interested in saving money, where were you when the porkulus bill was passed that cost twice as much and did nothing to lower unemployment?

6. Deficits and debt: This is where you reveal your true trollish nature. The democrat Obama ran up more debt in 4 years than ALL PRESIDENTS IN HISTORY COMBINED UP THRU GW BUSH. Case closed.

7. Gay marriage. Your errant vitriol and spewed pejoratives about "everyone" from 1978-1995 surreptitiously banging their neighbors and co-workers…WHAT? How about before we continue this conversation you provide proof of this idiotic statistic? Then cite its relevance to a social concept voted down everywhere but a few liberal states that involves turning a social construct going back in civilized society to its BEGINNING on its head for all because of the whims of deviants that number maybe 3% of the population, and until just a couple of decades ago when political pressure changed it, was considered mental illness on top of being condemned by every major religion?

8. Meanness: Nothing Mitt Romney ever said was mean. Not a bit of it. If you want meanness, how about Barack Obama's subalterns falsely and maliciously accusing this Mormon missionary of being a) a felon, b) a murderer, c) a tax cheat JUST FOR STARTERS?

So, mayflower descended liberal moron, I propose this:

We lost, but not by that much. If anything, we need to be more conservative, not less.

It is you who should disband before your socialism kills this country.

As far as one party rule, 51-49% isn't exactly hard to overcome given enough hard work.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:30   #33
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hog Jaw, Arkansas
Posts: 1,132
After reading the post by Jframe, JB and a few others its easy to see why Obama won the election.











And the reelection.


Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:35   #34
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,066


Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
After reading the post by Jframe, JB and a few others its easy to see why Obama won the election.











And the reelection.


Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
Cultivated a couple generations of socialist welfare leeches?
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:38   #35
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,223
Ah -- an appropriate time to raise the "Wit and Wisdom of Spyder" yet again...

Spyder on statistical math:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post

Even the Fox Noise polls has Obama ahead 46% to 44% with a 4.5% margin of error.

Let's see.............

46 + 4.5 = 50.5 = 51%

44 - 4.5 = 39.5 = 40%

Spyder
Spyder opining that Obama won the first debate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.
Spyder remarking that he wasn't aware that local law enforcement cooperated with federal law enforcement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
I didn't realize that it was a city cop's job to enforce federal laws.
Spyder opining that one has to be a racist to vote for Romney:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
How can anyone that's a gun owner, a Veteran or a Christian support Romney?

Oh, that's right....... because Obama is black.
Spyder opining that there are no illegals in unions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
You do realize that Unions are anti-illegals, right?
Spyder -- somewhat surprisingly, actually speaking a few words of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
I'm an unranked idiot
Spyder demonstrating his ignorance of yet another failed Obama policy (that you can get a free golf cart through tax subsidies):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Golf cart? Your kidding, right? I know elderly one legged Veterans that cannot get an electric scooter and do you really think they are giving away golf carts at the local DHS office?

Get real.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
...And this was a mystifying quote that had nothing to do with anything else that was going on in this particular thread (a clear indication that Spyder hears "voices"):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Crowley was RIGHT!

She told Romney that his numbers didn't add up and she was RIGHT!
I challenge anyone to come up with a comparable list of stupidities uttered by one screen name...


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:42   #36
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Ah -- an appropriate time to raise the "Wit and Wisdom of Spyder" yet again...

Bravissimo!!!

I bow to your superior recordkeeping.
__________________
Avenge me...AVENGE ME!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:03   #37
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Bravissimo!!!

I bow to your superior recordkeeping.
Political Issues

Thank you, Sir -- chronicling the idiocies of this particular screen name is nearly a full-time job -- but it keeps me off the streets... Political Issues


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 21:31   #38
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
I seriously have a hard time understanding the mutual stroking of egos going on in this thread, it's seriously delusional. Conservatism does not equal Republican and Obama's re-election should be more than enough evidence for this.

"There were more than enough votes to win this election. How did Romney get fewer votes than McCain. Heck McCain got more votes in '08 than Obama did in '12. For some reason a lot of people stayed home. And those people are white and they're conservative. The only question that should be asked right now is not why are we trying to throw the Tea Party under the bus, the question is why can't we get the Ron Paul supporters. The young alternative folks, who are not Democrats, who don't want the government.

Who just want the Fed to be checked out. Who don't want to invade other countries. Who think the whole obsession over abortion and pot is ridiculous. Why can't we get those folks to vote Republican? Because the Republican party has told them stay the hell away and so they did and we loose." - Michael Berry

The above was the close to the Michael Berry's radio program the Thursday after the election. I challenge any of the so called conservatives here to try to label him a liberal. The GOP lost because it is out of touch with America and Americans.

The OP article might not be dead on but it is certainly on the right track. The GOP should expect to keep losing until it embraces both economic and social freedom.

FREEDOM is the answer, not a political party.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 21:53   #39
G17Jake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Another fat suburbanite with all the answers.

Unfortunately, those answers are yet another brand of statism, distinct from the current GOP orthodoxy; he would suggest another.

Who within th GOP will step up and articulate the position of freedom?
That is a very good question.

We hear more about free phones than we do about freedom these days.

Last edited by G17Jake; 11-12-2012 at 21:54..
G17Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17   #40
Stubudd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kennesaw GA
Posts: 5,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
6. Deficits and debt: This is where you reveal your true trollish nature. The democrat Obama ran up more debt in 4 years than ALL PRESIDENTS IN HISTORY COMBINED UP THRU GW BUSH. Case closed.
You meant up thru GW but not including him right? Even then, it's real close.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:17.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 669
181 Members
488 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31