SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:56   #1
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

I am entitled -

So now that Obama has been re-elected, what sort of free stuff do I get? I keep hearing about the give aways of cash and prizes and I want mine. Not being familiar with the utopian programs that have been promised, it sounds like a good time to ask. What is available to help my bottom line and how do I apply?

Here is the list so far:

Food stamps
Cell phone
Golf cart
Subsidized housing
Free electricity
Free water
Healthcare

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*

Last edited by klmmicro; 11-12-2012 at 20:11..
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:58   #2
lethal tupperwa

look like the people in the obamafone post

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02   #3
JFrame

In the last four years, you could get an electric golf cart...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04   #4
klmmicro

As long as it is a smart phone, I'll take it! Golf cart eh? Hmmm, not sure what I would do with it...but ok, I'll take that too.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:07   #5
JFrame

As the list compiles, we might have to "Sticky" this thread to make it a handy reference...

--
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10   #6
klmmicro

Sounds like a great idea! I will add them to my original post as they come in.

Old 11-12-2012, 13:25   #7
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmmicro View Post
So now that Obama has been re-elected, what sort of free stuff do I get? I keep hearing about the give aways of cash and prizes and I want mine. Not being familiar with the utopian programs that have been promised, it sounds like a good time to ask. What is available to help my bottom line and how do I apply?

Here is the list so far:

Food stamps
Cell phone
Golf cart
You do realize that most of the post about "free stuff" is pure BS, right?

Sure, if your income level is low enough you can get food stamps.

How much?

One person, drawing the lowest amount of SS retirement ( less than $700.00/month ) can get $159.00/month food stamps.

That's what we call "eatin' high on the hog".

Free phone? Have you ever seen an ObamaPhone? I mean actually seen one with your own eyes and knew it was an ObamaPhone? I have. My Dad has one. It's a cheap $10.00 flip-style Tracfone and has 250 minutes a month. You cannot text, surf the 'net.

They are not Smartphones. You cannot text or surf the 'Net. They are a simple, cheap crappy phone that can only make calls. Anyone who says different is a liar, plain and simple.

Golf cart? Your kidding, right? I know elderly one legged Veterans that cannot get an electric scooter and do you really think they are giving away golf carts at the local DHS office?

Get real.

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 13:28   #8
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post

How much?

One person, drawing the lowest amount of SS retirement ( less than $700.00/month ) can get $159.00/month food stamps.

Free phone? Have you ever seen an ObamaPhone? I mean actually seen one with your own eyes and knew it was an ObamaPhone? I have. My Dad has one. It's a cheap $10.00 flip-style Tracfone and has 250 minutes a month. You cannot text, surf the 'net.

They are not Smartphones. You cannot text or surf the 'Net. They are a simple, cheap crappy phone that can only make calls. Anyone who says different is a liar, plain and simple.

Golf cart? Your kidding, right? I know elderly one legged Veterans that cannot get an electric scooter and do you really think they are giving away golf carts at the local DHS office?

Get real.

Spyder

All I wanted to do was highlight these two contradictory statements. However, I had to type something...

ETA: I wasn't going to highlight the grammar and spelling errors again in his posts.. He must have fired his proof reader.

GTDS Certified Member #9

Last edited by whoflungdo; 11-12-2012 at 13:29..
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 13:39   #9
JFrame

Quote:
Trust Spyder to add to the ever growing compilation of his/her "Wit and Wisdom"...

A link to a WSJ article about the Obama-inspired tax loophole that resulted in free golf carts:

Quote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...099542430.html

the federal credit is generous enough to pay for half or even two-thirds of the average sticker price of a cart, which is typically in the range of $8,000 to $10,000. "The purchase of some models could be absolutely free," Roger Gaddis of Ada Electric Cars in Oklahoma said earlier this year. "Is that about the coolest thing you've ever heard?"
I have honestly never EVER seen a person so eager to demonstrate his/her ignorance to the world... Political Issues By the way, here are some others -- although I could easily have missed a few because it's almost impossible to keep up with such rapid-fire displays of stupidity... Political Issues

Spyder on statistical math:

Quote:

Even the Fox Noise polls has Obama ahead 46% to 44% with a 4.5% margin of error.

Let's see.............

46 + 4.5 = 50.5 = 51%

44 - 4.5 = 39.5 = 40%

Spyder
Spyder opining that Obama won the first debate:

Quote:
I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.
Spyder remarking that he wasn't aware that local law enforcement cooperated with federal law enforcement:

Quote:
I didn't realize that it was a city cop's job to enforce federal laws.
Spyder opining that one has to be a racist to vote for Romney:

Quote:
How can anyone that's a gun owner, a Veteran or a Christian support Romney?

Oh, that's right....... because Obama is black.
Spyder opining that there are no illegals in unions:

Quote:
You do realize that Unions are anti-illegals, right?
Spyder -- somewhat surprisingly, actually speaking a few words of truth:

Quote:
I'm an unranked idiot
...And this was a mystifying quote that had nothing to do with anything else that was going on in this particular thread (a clear indication that Spyder hears "voices"):

Quote:
Crowley was RIGHT!

She told Romney that his numbers didn't add up and she was RIGHT!

--

Last edited by JFrame; 11-12-2012 at 13:58..
Old 11-12-2012, 14:35   #10
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

How much?

Get real.

Spyder

The thing that really makes it BS is that it's considered "free".

When we don't let poor people live like they are poor, they won't work, and will have to be fed clothed and sheltered by others.

Far as I'm concerned, if they are physically capable of working, they can live in dirt floor homes with a coal fired potbelly stove for heat and walk to the local soup kitchen, limited to 2500 calories a day until they get a job.

I don't know your fathers situation, so I'll refrain from any comments about the leach not landing too far downstream.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 11-12-2012 at 14:37..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 14:43   #11
NDCent
Socially Inept

Quote:
Here is the list so far:

Food stamps
Cell phone
Golf cart
Subsidies for housing, utilities, healthcare, etc.
Old 11-12-2012, 14:46   #12
brickboy240

Well...my dad pays for his own damn cell phone.

Ditto for the rest of my family...we pay our own way, thank you.

The difference between the right and the left.

-brickboy240
Old 11-12-2012, 14:52   #13
windpoint

Quote:

Spyder

Oh No!!! The inhumanity, the inhumanity.
windpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:01   #14
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Working is for suckas now. Why not quit your job, start whining and applying for "free" stuff.

My answer is that I have an obligation to provide for my family as long as I am able, and to plan to do so after I'm not. I could easily fake PTSD and talk up a few old injuries to get 100% disability and live a life of relative leisure. But I don't believe real men do that. It would also set a bad example for my children who will probably not have that route, because the gravy train will end one day. We will run out of people to borrow money from eventually.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 11-12-2012 at 15:06..
Old 11-12-2012, 15:14   #15
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:

How much?

Get real.

Spyder

Oh no, it's definitely a problem. I worked for MHDC and HUD for a total of 8 years doing inspections and nobody can tell me entitlements aren't a problem after the things I've seen. Of course that won't stop the right from blowing it way out of proportion since it's one of the few things they're not 100% incorrect on. It's their favorite misdirection away from their sacred cow of military spending which is a much bigger problem but it would be foolish to pretend like we're not wasting billions on entitlement programs.

Food and shelter are obviously things that people need to have in order to be productive as well as health care but things like phones and golf carts are just plain stupid to provide at the taxpayer's expense. There also needs to be a cutoff for everything but the healthcare at some point (5 years tops?) for the people who have just decided that they're more comfortable on the dole than at a job. Limiting the number of kids that benefits will be provided for would be a good idea too along with the dreaded taxpayer funded birth control from PP for those smart enough to take evasive action.

Of course none of it matters because the right will continue to be unreasonable in claiming that welfare queens are the main drain on resources in this country and refuse to compromise on anything until they're so obsolete that what they think won't matter anymore. Then there will be no balance or check. It'll just be what the left wants all the time and the rich will eventually be picking up the vast majority of the tab for it.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:18   #16
muscogee

Quote:

Here is the list so far:

Food stamps
Cell phone
Golf cart
You get to pay for the Bridge to Nowhere, the Bush tax cuts, and two wars fought on credit.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:21   #17
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
All I wanted to do was highlight these two contradictory statements. However, I had to type something...

ETA: I wasn't going to highlight the grammar and spelling errors again in his posts.. He must have fired his proof reader.
Straw man argument.

Leona Helmsley
Old 11-12-2012, 15:22   #18
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Straw man argument.

I wasn't arguing... Try again..

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 15:23   #19
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
Well...my dad pays for his own damn cell phone.

Ditto for the rest of my family...we pay our own way, thank you.

The difference between the right and the left.

-brickboy240
Everyone on the right can afford cell phones. Not everyone on the left can. Is that your point?

Leona Helmsley
Old 11-12-2012, 15:25   #20
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Everyone on the right can afford cell phones. Not everyone on the left can. Is that your point?
I think his point is that leaches lean left.....hard.
Old 11-12-2012, 15:27   #21
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Oh no, it's definitely a problem. I worked for MHDC and HUD for a total of 8 years doing inspections and nobody can tell me entitlements aren't a problem after the things I've seen. Of course that won't stop the right from blowing it way out of proportion since it's one of the few things they're not 100% incorrect on. It's their favorite misdirection away from their sacred cow of military spending which is a much bigger problem but it would be foolish to pretend like we're not wasting billions on entitlement programs.

Food and shelter are obviously things that people need to have in order to be productive as well as health care but things like phones and golf carts are just plain stupid to provide at the taxpayer's expense. There also needs to be a cutoff for everything but the healthcare at some point (5 years tops?) for the people who have just decided that they're more comfortable on the dole than at a job. Limiting the number of kids that benefits will be provided for would be a good idea too along with the dreaded taxpayer funded birth control from PP for those smart enough to take evasive action.

Of course none of it matters because the right will continue to be unreasonable in claiming that welfare queens are the main drain on resources in this country and refuse to compromise on anything until they're so obsolete that what they think won't matter anymore. Then there will be no balance or check. It'll just be what the left wants all the time and the rich will eventually be picking up the vast majority of the tab for it.
Spot-on. Good post.

Leona Helmsley
Old 11-12-2012, 15:34   #22
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
I wasn't arguing... Try again..
But you were. Just illogically.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 11-12-2012 at 15:34..
Old 11-12-2012, 15:36   #23
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Peeing man to the rescue!!!
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:23   #24
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Peeing man to the rescue!!!

--
Old 11-12-2012, 16:47   #25
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Trust Spyder to add to the ever growing compilation of his/her "Wit and Wisdom"...

A link to a WSJ article about the Obama-inspired tax loophole that resulted in free golf carts:

how can the 47% that doesn't pay taxes get a tax break to buy a golf cart?

Plus, don't believe everything you read on the 'Met. A lot of it, like Romney winning the election, isn't true.

I have honestly never EVER seen a person so eager to demonstrate his/her ignorance to the world... Political Issues By the way, here are some others -- although I could easily have missed a few because it's almost impossible to keep up with such rapid-fire displays of stupidity... Political Issues

Yeah, maybe so, but I wasn't stupid enough or foolish enough to believe that Romney won the debates or would win the election.

Spyder on statistical math:

Gee, looks like my stars were more accurate than yours!

Spyder opining that Obama won the first debate:

Looks like I'm not the only person that feels that way.

Spyder remarking that he wasn't aware that local law enforcement cooperated with federal law enforcement:

WRONG. YOU SAID IT WAS LOCAL LEOs JOB TO ENFORCE FEDERAL LAW. We all know this isn't true. By "We" I mean people that realize that Romney would NOT win the election and why he would NOT win the election.

Spyder opining that one has to be a racist to vote for Romney:

+1! Actually I said a lot of white males would NOT vote for Obama because he was black.

Spyder opining that there are no illegals in unions:

I said that Union were anti-illegals. 3 manufacturing plants in my area..... 2 are Union and ZERO illegals and 1 is non-Union and 60% of its work force are illegals. Earlier today I talked to Jim Odem Dist. International Rep for the United Steelworkers and he said that of the Locas that he was over there were ZERO illegal members.

Spyder -- somewhat surprisingly, actually speaking a few words of truth:

...And this was a mystifying quote that had nothing to do with anything else that was going on in this particular thread (a clear indication that Spyder hears "voices"):

jframe those aren't voices that you're hearing that's your Mom tell you to leave your "Command Post" and go outside and play.

Jframe,

Keep posting! The more you post the more you prove that I'm correct!

Spyder

Posted with TapTalk from my ObamaPhone.

P.S. You do realize that Romney lost the election?
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote