Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:22   #51
OMEGA5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post
It gets no respect.
Two of my favorite gun people, Massad Ayoob and hickock45 - of YouTube fame - ignore it. Both say the G30 packs more rounds and is therefore better. Or that the same-sized Baby Glocks carry more rounds in an even smaller package.
I've had mine for over ten years and it's my EDC gun. (I also have a Gen2 G19 that I love, but the G36 fits my hand and conceals even a little better).
I mean, to each their own. And I respect the opinions of experienced gun guys like Mas and hickock45, who have put many more rounds downrange than I ever have and served in law enforcement. But I still think the G36 is a terrific carry gun. With 7 rounds of .45ACP on hand plus a quick 6-round reload, you're talking up to 13 Big Boys on tap. My gun has been totally reliable. No issues.
So what gives? Why doesn't the G36 get any love?

What say you?
The 36 is like a mule in the 19th century. The mule done the
work, kept people fed, clothed and in supply of everything
necessary for everyday life but didn't get a second glance.
Only a few people knew that the best riding animal on the
planet was the mule and knew how versatile it could be.

The 36 is like the mule. It's not pretty, but it gets the job
done and is as reliable as the sun rising in the east. Only
a few people understand, that's the real beauty in any
firearm. The 36 really is a beautiful weapon.
Dano
OMEGA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 20:51   #52
Rob1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17DB9 View Post
Well I just gave it some respect! I purchased one on Saturday. Tomorrow I will see how much I love it!
I have a 26 and would like to know what the size differences between the 26 and the 36. I'm happy with the size I'd the 26. Thanks in advance.
Rob1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:33   #53
Wetrudgeon

Rob:
Somebody posted some photos of the two for size comparison around this forum within the past few days. Can't find the message string (too lazy to search very hard), but you may want to try the search and see if you can come up with it. There were a couple of excellent photos that made for good size comparison.

We trudge on.
Wetrudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 00:16   #54
eagle00

Size comparison G-36 v G-26

For a poster of a side by side comparison of the G-36 + the G-26, Google "pictures glock 36". Scroll down to the fifth page and you will see the 36 + 26 together; a poster with a red border. Also, go to
http://us.glock.com/products. The Glock web-site has 360 degree rotational pictures of all their models. You can get a view of every angle you desire, paste + copy them for a side by side comparison.
For me, the most critical measurements for CCW are the width + height of the pistol. The G-36 is "considerably" thinner than the G-26 as far as CCW is concerned. Though on paper the thicknesses are not that different, for me it does translate into an appreciable difference on my waistband, as I am not a big guy. The G-26 is appreciably shorter in height. You just need to make a decision on the trade-offs: Capacity of 10+1 9mm vs. 6+1 .45ACP; Width; Height; etc...
Best of luck.
eagle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 17:03   #55
slainer

New G36 owner!

Just picked up my new G36! Put a Pearce +1 on one mag and left the other flush for ccw. It has a date of 4/2012. hot off the line! Feels great! Good shooter! Any recommendations on a IWB holster? Simple not expensive! Looking to put a Glock nite sight on the front also.... And thats it!!
Slainer
slainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 17:07   #56
GLOCK17DB9

I love this gun for concealed carry. I also love taking it to the range and making large holes in things! Thats why I have 2!
Old 06-26-2012, 17:47   #57
eagle00

G-36 IWB Holster

I searched for a thin kydex IWB holster for my G-36. Saw many manufacturers but was drawn to PJ Holsters because of lack of "bulkiness" of the holster, a good price and satisfaction guarantee. His website is pjholsters.com. I got the canted deep concealment holster for the G-36 and I am most pleased with it. It is very comfortable (I like thin and not bulky IWB holsters) and very easy to re-holster the firearm when needed. I also like the trigger on a Glock to be fully encased in order to avoid any possible "Murphy's Law" circumstances with it inadvertently snagging, getting caught, etc... resulting in an accidental discharge. All other companies selling kydex holsters encase the trigger, but I like the size, thickness (lack of) and replacement guarantee of PJ's.

Best of luck.
eagle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05   #58
amacro

My new G36!

Picked one up in Ocala Gun Show price was not so great but not bad $540 out the door- I've wanted one of these for years! I've got a Sig P220 compact SAS smooth shooter but to fat for EDC for me anyway - looking to do some mods like a 3.5 lb trigger which seems popular also looking at night sights options, anyway this gun fits my hand like a glove, I'm thrilled fits in my G19 holster perfectly it's a cobraskin brand kydex/leather IWB made here in Florida. Waiting to go shooting, so I've joined the club and looking forward to many years of peaceful carrying!
Al
amacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 22:30   #59
Pecos Bill

Here is the pic of the 26 vs the 36

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427110
Pecos Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35   #60
mrmedina
NRA Member

My G36 is going on 5 years for CCW. I always feel safe with it.

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:05   #61
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

WhenI bought my 36 in November of '06 I soon joined this forum. I may have posted some in here shortly there after but it has been a while since I've even looked in on this forum. In the almost 6 years and after exactly 3,000 rounds I have gotten to know this little gun very very well. I rotate several different guns that I carry regards the weather how I'm dressed or what I'll be doing but I carry my trusty 36 more often than all the others put together. Despite it's short sight radius it is very accurate and 100% dependable like my other 3 Glocks. I just can't overstate what a great gun this is. I carry it with 2 extra mags either in an IWB, OWB or shoulder holster. It conceals easily and is so comfortable that after I've had it on for a few minutes I forget I'm wearing it.

As far as Mas and Hickock and their opinions are concerned I know that they are both very knowledgeable but they are human and therefore imperfect. I will listen to other but I form my OWN opinions based upon my OWN experiences, preferences and perceptions.

I dislike reading all the negative comments about it. I guess a lot of people have had problems with it but mine had been flawless. I actually put off getting it for about a year because of all the terrible things I was reading here on GT. But it was exactly what I wanted to carry. A small single stack .45acp. I had been carrying my 23 for the last couple of years but I'm a .45 kinda guy and I really wanted to get a 36.

I finally decided to take the leap of faith and get one. I figured that if I didn't like it I could always palm it off on my brother-in-law. heh heh heh. But the only thing I didn't like was that I wasted all that time before I got it.

Now, anytime I see someone post that they just got a new 36 or they are thinking about getting a new 36 I always jump in and offer positive comments and opinions. And I don't have to exaggerate either. In fact it would not be possible to exaggerate because it has lived up to and exceeded my every expectation. I was a little uneasy with it for a while but I kept having one good range trip and experience with it after another and now, nearly 6 years and 3K rounds later I'm still lovin' it.
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.

Last edited by Jack23; 07-27-2012 at 01:15..
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:08   #62
mj9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle00 View Post
For a poster of a side by side comparison of the G-36 + the G-26, Google "pictures glock 36". Scroll down to the fifth page and you will see the 36 + 26 together; a poster with a red border. Also, go to
http://us.glock.com/products. The Glock web-site has 360 degree rotational pictures of all their models. You can get a view of every angle you desire, paste + copy them for a side by side comparison.
For me, the most critical measurements for CCW are the width + height of the pistol. The G-36 is "considerably" thinner than the G-26 as far as CCW is concerned. Though on paper the thicknesses are not that different, for me it does translate into an appreciable difference on my waistband, as I am not a big guy. The G-26 is appreciably shorter in height. You just need to make a decision on the trade-offs: Capacity of 10+1 9mm vs. 6+1 .45ACP; Width; Height; etc...
Best of luck.
that says it all, i am on the thin side, and carrying the 30 made me dress like i was hiding something, that little differance of the 36 lets me dress normal and i feel less nervous about printing
oh, and i have an issue with the "Rodney" comments, i consider the 36 to be the "Marilynn Monroe" of glocks, i think she's beautiful

Last edited by mj9mm; 07-27-2012 at 02:13.. Reason: additional
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 00:12   #63
ColdDayInHell

It's true, hickok likes most guns and never gives bad reviews. He was rather unhappy with the G36. I still carry mine and have been this summer. I am learning to tame the recoil and shoot accurately. I do love the gun though and with Pearce Plus Zero extensions, the mag fits like a glove.
ColdDayInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:10   #64
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Interesting experience at the range yesterday ...
My shooting buddy and I were shooting next to a couple of Glock guys. One had a G27 with Hogue slip-on grips and a +1 mag extension, the other fellow was putting his Gen 3 G19 through its paces. Both appeared to be experienced shooters and, judging by their paper targets, were quite accomplished and comfortable with their handguns.
I had my Gen 2 G19 and my first-year-of-production G36 with me and my buddy had his Steyr M40 A1, a gun I'd pick up if I were in the market for some new Tupperware ... A highly underrated firearm. But I digress ...
So the four of us chatted a bit between sessions of sending lead downrange. I mentioned I'd never shot one of the Glock sub-compacts and the G27 fellow kindly handed me his to shoot. (I loved it, by the way!)
So, in the interest of fairness, I offered both of them the opportunity to shoot my G36, commenting as I handed it to them, "Some people love the gun, some hate it. It jams for some guys but never jams for me."
G27 Guy aims and sends a 230 gr. FMJ slug downrange ...and the gun jams.
He clears it and shoots two more rounds and hands it to his buddy, who aims, fires ... and has a jam.
Now keep in mind these were experienced shooters and experienced Glock shooters. Both admitted they might have limp-wristed it a bit. I have no doubt had they shot it more, they would have adjusted and I am in no way criticizing them.
But, just as a point of interest, neither I nor my buddy had one jam with the 36. Same ammo the other guys were shooting. It never jams for me, otherwise it wouldn't be my EDC gun.
I hate to say it but obviously the proper grip is very important with this gun, which mirrors what others have said.

Last edited by Lockback; 11-12-2012 at 17:10..
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:34   #65
MeanAction
MeanAction

This is my EDC and never a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Thin to Win - G36 Club - Click for larger version  
MeanAction is offline   Reply With Quote