Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35   #81
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
First, the thread wasn't in this forum and you weren't scolded by me. Second, I'm a "little" more lenient when it comes to "some" things than other moderators. Third, I can become a real tyrant and enforce the rules to the letter if necessary. For the most part the "pro gun guys" stay within what "I" consider legal and civil boundaries. When they don't I deal with it. I can't stand socialists and tend the be much less tolerant of them because over the years I've fond they are total MORONS and not deserving of my tolerance.

I hope that answered your question. "Anyone" that doesn't agree with it keep it to yourself because I don't really care to argue the the matter. This isn't a Democracy it's a privet owned board and therefore the The King (the owner) has granted me rule over this little piece and until he say otherwise I get to call the shots.

Not back on topic please.
i didnt have a problem with your post, i was just looking for consistancy.

i will be more careful with my postings now i know some mods are more lenient and others seem hyper sensitive.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 11-12-2012 at 11:51..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26   #82
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Last time I looked, Obama was fairly elected by a majority of our fellow countrymen and women.
Regardless of whether we all voted for him or not, some of us don't find your "joke" very funny.
I find all jokes about The Obomination funny. The bigger "joke", on all of us, is the MORONS that elected him then reelected him. If you don't think he and they are a joke, then why has the US become a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the world? They think we're ALL IDIOTS and I can't say I blame them. It's not really funny it's just plain sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-12-2012 at 12:27..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:11   #83
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I find all jokes about The Obomination funny. The bigger "joke", on all of us, is the MORONS that elected him then reelected him. If you don't think he and they are a joke, then why has the US become a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the world? They think we're ALL IDIOTS and I can't say I blame them. It's not really funny it's just plain sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We also re-elected George W. We also couldn't find a better republican to run the country than Mitt.
I'm not going to get into defending Obama's policies, but I will speak out against IDIOTS "joking" about killing the president of our country.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:35   #84
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
We also re-elected George W. We also couldn't find a better republican to run the country than Mitt.
I'm not going to get into defending Obama's policies, but I will speak out against IDIOTS "joking" about killing the president of our country.
lighten up francis, you dont get upset about the actual killing babies in the womb, why get upset about a lee harvey oswald joke (hes dead by the way).
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:50   #85
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
It amuses me how things that have no bearing on real issues cause people to get upset. No-one made a threat so everyone get over it before I lock the thread.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-12-2012 at 16:52..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:49   #86
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 6,269
This is what I like about Glock Talk.

Unlike most liberal based forums. Eric has a free speech (with common courtesy and common sense rules) policy. We can discuss and debate. We can disagree and argue or agree and concur.

Unlike the DU or some other free thought restrictive forums. Which is why we have the number of opposite opinion thinkers posting here.

It is true food for thought to anyone who believes in free speech to visit this forum vs the DU. Try posting an opposing thought there, I was banned after my 3rd post.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 11-12-2012 at 17:50..
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:50   #87
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
lighten up francis, you dont get upset about the actual killing babies in the womb, why get upset about a lee harvey oswald joke (hes dead by the way).
Why do you say I don't get upset over abortion? I don't believe it's anything to take casually. In the extreme, I also don't believe it's our governments role to force crackwhores to carry a pregnancy to full term. Especially if the governement wants to cut funding to Planned Parenthood, so affordable (or free) birth control is available to those who need it the most
Very simply, if you don't believe in abortion don't have one. If you don't want others to have them, do your best to educate them and make borth control available to them.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:52   #88
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 6,269
^
case in point.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:57   #89
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Why do you say I don't get upset over abortion? I don't believe it's anything to take casually. In the extreme, I also don't believe it's our governments role to force crackwhores to carry a pregnancy to full term. Especially if the governement wants to cut funding to Planned Parenthood, so affordable (or free) birth control is available to those who need it the most
Very simply, if you don't believe in abortion don't have one. If you don't want others to have them, do your best to educate them and make borth control available to them.
i guess im a moderate because i see both sides of the abortion issue.

as a form of birth control for the lazy and irresponsible? no, not with tax payers money. in cases of rape, incest and when a mother is likely to die during delivery then it should be an option.

as it stands abortion is the law of the land, thats been decided for decades now. what im against is using tax payers money for it to be performed.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:59   #90
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Why do you say I don't get upset over abortion? I don't believe it's anything to take casually. In the extreme, I also don't believe it's our governments role to force crackwhores to carry a pregnancy to full term. Especially if the governement wants to cut funding to Planned Parenthood, so affordable (or free) birth control is available to those who need it the most
Very simply, if you don't believe in abortion don't have one. If you don't want others to have them, do your best to educate them and make borth control available to them.
r u cereal? rubbers are a buck a piece at any gas station, much cheaper than the beer and smokes used to swoon the chick who ends up pregnant.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:02   #91
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 6,269
So... I think the ban will be, as stated, thru taxation without warrant. Or thru Executive order without constitutionality.

Either way it will be unconstitutional and should be overturned. Will congress have the nads to oppose it?
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:04   #92
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 22,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
So... I think the ban will be, as stated, thru taxation without warrant. Or thru Executive order without constitutionality.

Either way it will be unconstitutional and should be overturned. Will congress have the nads to oppose it?
thats hard to tell with the bend over GOP we have in there now (on some issues that is). im not fooled to think the GOP is for our gun rights, theyre just not against them....for now.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:15   #93
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Oh, for the heckof it I think I am going to steer my post in the general direction of the topic, touching on a couple of things along the way.

I am glad that there is room for folks to be unapologetically conservative, Political correctness is just another term for liberal censorship.

I am appalled by not only the passive liberalism but the absolute disrespect for the values that built this Country. I am completely disheartened by the way in which Romney was descrimminated against because of his personal beliefs, beliefs that he expressed no intention (or even as POTUS the ablility) of making into law. Just the fact that he has beliefs that aren't "trendy" was enough. YET people voted for a man who has declared HE WANTS an "Assault Weapons Ban".

These liberal "A-clowns" want to say that p personal belief about abortion is a greater danger to the Country than a professional political stance against firearms?

Horse apples.

It is better to have an overspending, inefffectual, liar in office than someone who personally doesn't believe in abortion? Crud. I don't have a dog in the abortion issue as I don't have one it the religious issue either, I want what is best FOR MY COUNTRY. If the economy goes into hyper inflation, or completely fails, just exactly who will be paying for the abortions anyway?

The Romney campaign was clear about their feelings in terms of States rights, the Obama campaign promised a bigger Fed to sheild people from the responsibilities that come with rights. Those who voted for the Fed to protect their rights (so they think) lost more than they gained, but they lost for all of us.

You may now refer to me as "That grouchy, intolerant, Republican" I rather like it.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:37   #94
G-34
Senior Member
 
G-34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 830
PEOPLE KEEP SAYING IT WILL "NEVER" HAPPEN,,,, ONE MORE LEFTIST TO THE SCOTUS AND ITS ALL OVER!!!


WAKE UP PEOPLE, ITS BOUND TO HAPPEN SOONER THAN LATER!
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:59   #95
4Rules
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
This is what I like about Glock Talk.

Unlike most liberal based forums. Eric has a free speech (with common courtesy and common sense rules) policy. We can discuss and debate. We can disagree and argue or agree and concur.

Unlike the DU or some other free thought restrictive forums. Which is why we have the number of opposite opinion thinkers posting here.

It is true food for thought to anyone who believes in free speech to visit this forum vs the DU. Try posting an opposing thought there, I was banned after my 3rd post.
Coming soon, the fairness doctrine.
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:05   #96
CanMan
Senior Member
 
CanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in flagrante
Posts: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Wasn't the machine gun ban enacted under the late great President Ronald Reagan? Wasn't he a....... Republican?
IIRC GCA '34 started the whole thing & it's morphed into the beast it is today (BATFE). Even though the Gipper looked that old I don't think he can be blamed for our current state of affairs.....

We're from the gov't & we're here to protect you!
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:04   #97
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanMan View Post
IIRC GCA '34 started the whole thing & it's morphed into the beast it is today (BATFE). Even though the Gipper looked that old I don't think he can be blamed for our current state of affairs.....

We're from the gov't & we're here to protect you!
I just copied this:

"As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street, and he also signed off on a 15-day waiting period for firearm purchases. After leaving the presidency, he supported the passage of the Brady bill that established by federal law a nationwide, uniform standard of a 7-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns to enable background checks on prospective buyers. He urged then President Bush to drop his opposition to the bill".

So much for Republicans standing up for 2a rights.

As to Romney being pro states rights, his positions on everything seemed to depend on the position of the moon and sun, and changed just as often as a new babies diapers.

It is great that we live in a country where ultra right wing conservatives can voice their opinions. If not for Romney trying to appease them, he might have won the election. And that would have sucked.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 21:03   #98
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I just copied this:

"As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street, and he also signed off on a 15-day waiting period for firearm purchases. After leaving the presidency, he supported the passage of the Brady bill that established by federal law a nationwide, uniform standard of a 7-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns to enable background checks on prospective buyers. He urged then President Bush to drop his opposition to the bill".

So much for Republicans standing up for 2a rights.

As to Romney being pro states rights, his positions on everything seemed to depend on the position of the moon and sun, and changed just as often as a new babies diapers.

It is great that we live in a country where ultra right wing conservatives can voice their opinions. If not for Romney trying to appease them, he might have won the election. And that would have sucked.
Did Bill Clinton prove that all Democrats were philanderers?

Did Bawney Fwank prove they are all gay?

If a Dem gets an 'A+" rating from the NRA, does that mean all Dems are "pro-gun" ?

That is the kind of thinking that caused people to blame Romney for what some other Republican said in their own campaign.

"All Republicans are *this* because of one"

Brilliant thinking

Yes, of course we should have let Obama win because of Ronald Reagans decisions..

Sounds like one of those folks who is only too happy to weaken the party and help the Dems win.

Last edited by countrygun; 11-12-2012 at 21:06..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 21:16   #99
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Again I read and can't help but laugh at the total lack of logic. There is no perfect candadate. However voting for the worst of the two evils is moronic.

Sure Ragan ran as a Republicant. So did the Terminator. Neither one was gun friendly. They were both Comyforinians what do you expect? Just because someone says they are a republicant doesn't automatically make them gun friendly.

When you have a narsistes, anti gun socialist V busnesman with a proven track record and you vote for the socialist you prove you don't care about your country.

Kennedy said "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." The Obaminaton lovers ask, WHAT WILL YOU GIVE ME?"
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:38   #100
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Again I read and can't help but laugh at the total lack of logic. There is no perfect candadate. However voting for the worst of the two evils is moronic.

Sure Ragan ran as a Republicant. So did the Terminator. Neither one was gun friendly. They were both Comyforinians what do you expect? Just because someone says they are a republicant doesn't automatically make them gun friendly.

When you have a narsistes, anti gun socialist V busnesman with a proven track record and you vote for the socialist you prove you don't care about your country.

Kennedy said "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." The Obaminaton lovers ask, WHAT WILL YOU GIVE ME?"
And just because someone is a Democrat, it doesn't mean they are anti 2a.

This is a free country, which means we can vote for whoever we choose.
So if you don't agree with who anyone votes for, they are socialists who don't love our country?????

I guess there are more socialists who don't love their country than real Americans.... because Obama won and you disagree.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 768
241 Members
527 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31