GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 03:18   #26
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
If you think Obama is not overly bright, then you are a looney tune.
Am I also to assume then, that Biden is overly bright? And Hillary? And the "off limits"? He may be overly Evil, don't confuse that with overly bright. Did you see him perform at high altitude?

When Pelosi puts him on mute, she's not doing that because he's a genius.
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"

Last edited by Vic777; 11-13-2012 at 03:54..
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25   #27
M 7
Senior Member
 
M 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
If you think Obama is not overly bright, then you are a looney tune. Dismissing liberal ideology as stupid rather than wrong has proven to be a loosing proposition and will continue to do so.
The two terms, "stupid" and "wrong" are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they often apply in conjunction with, and are dependent upon, more often than not, one another.

Liberal ideology is both "stupid" and "wrong".
__________________
For those who CCW: QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Last edited by M 7; 11-13-2012 at 12:26..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40   #28
The Machinist
No Compromise
 
The Machinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 5,807
It's not a breaking point, but a breaking period, which began in 1913 when the banksters finally got their hooks into us. It's been all downhill from there, and will go as far downhill as it possibly can, until the Federal Reserve no longer exists, and our rotten government has breathed its last. Only then will our fortunes turn.
__________________
Proud to be an infidel!
The Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41   #29
marchboom
Senior Member
 
marchboom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
I've seen similar posts and of course the guy was being ironic/sarcastic. Something tells me you're serious. If you're wrong (i.e. serious) you will eventually catch on.
Consider this,
1) we have an economic crisis
2) we have a President who hates traditional American values.
3) This same President is not overly bright.
4) This President has surrounded himself with looney tunes
Number 5) We have a president who is doing everything possible to destroy our nation.

Number 6) We have a citizenry who's doing NOTHING to remove this domestic terrorist from office.
__________________
NRA Life Member
VHA
NHRA
The obama administration and the democrat party...the ultimate in domestic corruption and dedicated to the destruction of the United States.
marchboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:49   #30
Paul7
New Guy
 
Paul7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 13,339
A friend of mine reads an 'expert' who says the breaking point will be when our debt reaches $46 trillion. We should be halfway there at the end of Barry's term.
__________________
I dont believe that people should be able to own guns. Obama to John R. Lott Jr. in a private conversation at the University of Chicago.
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 14:00   #31
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post


There will never be a breaking point because all the factors are in a mallable state of fluidity and a boiling point can never be reached because the end goal keeps changing.

We're definitely headed for double digit inflation and high interest rates, just like during the Carter era.

The debt can be paid off in several unconventional ways, like making deals with other countries where we forgive their debt to us and they forgive our debt to them.

A lot of it will never be paid and will just quietly disappear from the balance books.

Life will go on! It will just be with higher taxes and inflation for the forseeable future.
^^^This from the guy who confidently predicted a HUGE Romney victory. Forgive me if I take your predictions with a grain of salt.
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 14:22   #32
Paul7
New Guy
 
Paul7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 13,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post


There will never be a breaking point because all the factors are in a mallable state of fluidity and a boiling point can never be reached because the end goal keeps changing.

We're definitely headed for double digit inflation and high interest rates, just like during the Carter era.

The debt can be paid off in several unconventional ways, like making deals with other countries where we forgive their debt to us and they forgive our debt to them.

A lot of it will never be paid and will just quietly disappear from the balance books.

Life will go on! It will just be with higher taxes and inflation for the forseeable future.
JB, why are you anti-gold if you think double-digit inflation is coming?
__________________
I dont believe that people should be able to own guns. Obama to John R. Lott Jr. in a private conversation at the University of Chicago.
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 14:59   #33
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,631
Quote:
I see a silver lining where the steriod infested gladiators will pay higher tax rates on their multi-million annual salaries.
...and with less of an incentive to start new businesses or grow what they have, they will lay off workers. Companies will close. Government revenue will decline. And all to make you feel better about your poor choices in life. Hurray. Our President thinks just like you do.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 11-13-2012 at 14:59..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:22   #34
sbhaven
Senior Member
 
sbhaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Constitution State
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
If America has past the tipping point, where is the breaking point? What for you is the breaking point? When, as in Atlas Shrugged, do you just walk away?
The breaking point is when you run out side with your pitch fork and all your neighbors are already out there with their pitch forks.

While we may have hit the tipping point last Tuesday, the breaking point hasn't been reached yet. Don't know if it ever will be reached when the masses care more about what happens on the Jersey Shore and Dancing with the stars than they do about the Benghazi and Fast and Furious scandals.
__________________
Currently hiding behind enemy lines in a Blue State.

Last edited by sbhaven; 11-13-2012 at 15:23..
sbhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:50   #35
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaven View Post
The breaking point is when you run out side with your pitch fork and all your neighbors are already out there with their pitch forks.

While we may have hit the tipping point last Tuesday, the breaking point hasn't been reached yet. Don't know if it ever will be reached when the masses care more about what happens on the Jersey Shore and Dancing with the stars than they do about the Benghazi and Fast and Furious scandals.
I've heard it stated as 'we are only 5 meals away from anarchy', meaning how long people take before they lose all sense of operating within the rules of society.

I doubt it will be a sudden, wide-sweeping change. My guess is that some areas will get hit hard with economic struggles and these localized areas will "break". This will continue as more areas experience the same thing.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:50   #36
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
If you think Obama is not overly bright, then you are a looney tune. Dismissing liberal ideology as stupid rather than wrong has proven to be a loosing proposition and will continue to do so.
What evidence is there that Obama is overly bright?

Winning an election by asking people what they want government to give them, and then promising them that they will get it, may be effective, but I'm not buying that it is overly bright.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:51   #37
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze
 
Clutch Cargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,059
When someone starts to kick my door in, MY breaking point will have been reached.
__________________
GTDS
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Last edited by Clutch Cargo; 11-13-2012 at 15:51..
Clutch Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:06   #38
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
When someone starts to kick my door in, MY breaking point will have been reached.
but not when they take your wallet huh?
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 00:15   #39
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
Am I also to assume then, that Biden is overly bright? And Hillary? And the "off limits"? He may be overly Evil, don't confuse that with overly bright. Did you see him perform at high altitude?

When Pelosi puts him on mute, she's not doing that because he's a genius.
Biden puts his foot in his mouth often and Bush 43 wasn't the best public speaker either. Does that mean he was dumb? Yes they are misguided, wrong and even evil but they are not unintelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
The two terms, "stupid" and "wrong" are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they often apply in conjunction with, and are dependent upon, more often than not, one another.

Liberal ideology is both "stupid" and "wrong".
It comes across stupid to you. Do you think Marx was stupid? Hilter, Mao Tse-tung, Stalin, Pol Pot, Khrushchev, Kim Jong-il were they all not overly bright? lProfessing an ideology that appeals to stupid people doesn't mean the professor is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
What evidence is there that Obama is overly bright?

Winning an election by asking people what they want government to give them, and then promising them that they will get it, may be effective, but I'm not buying that it is overly bright.
Underestimating an enemy is not overly bright. They know exactly what they are doing. I might be inclined to forgive them there trespasses if I thought they didn't know better. But I'm don't because they do and they do not care.

Y'all can keep doubting the intelligence of our political leadership if it makes you feel good, but it makes me wonder who the fools really are.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32   #40
marchboom
Senior Member
 
marchboom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,879
Way too many people have indicated their breaking point way past what it should be. Time to do something is NOW, before it gets any worse. It was scheduled for Nov 6 but there were too many idiots, racists and freeloaders who voted.

Too many people are waiting till their car runs out of gas instead of filling up when it's at a quarter tank.
__________________
NRA Life Member
VHA
NHRA
The obama administration and the democrat party...the ultimate in domestic corruption and dedicated to the destruction of the United States.
marchboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03   #41
M 7
Senior Member
 
M 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
It comes across stupid to you.
Then you missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Do you think Marx was stupid? Hilter, Mao Tse-tung, Stalin, Pol Pot, Khrushchev, Kim Jong-il were they all not overly bright? lProfessing an ideology that appeals to stupid people doesn't mean the professor is.
Yep, Marx was a dumbass for all that he was worth. His theory fails on every level (Now where is that darned Soviet Union? Oh yeah, I remember now...) right down to his his idea of substituting what amounted to one currency for another.

The rest (Hilter, Mao Tse-tung, Stalin, Pol Pot, Khrushchev, Kim Jong-il) were also stupid for the destruction they wrought. I don't care what your IQ is, if you manage to destroy an entire Nation and/or commit genocide while doing so they might be a dumbass.
__________________
For those who CCW: QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32   #42
brickboy240
Senior Member
 
brickboy240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Posts: 3,481
Basically, when it COSTS to keep my business open and operating and there is less than a grand worth of profit to be made...even after laying off many employees and scaling back...THAT will most likely be my sign to call it quits.

However, that is still quite a ways off.

I would first have to lay off a few people and severely scale back many functions around here.

However, once it becomes an EXPENSE and there is no profits to be made, beyond paying the basic bills and daily business expenses...hell...why keep doing this?

Again...that day is still quite a ways off but I never think that it just could never happen.

I will fight the nonsense as long as I can but yes..there WILL be a point where both me and my partner just decide it is not worth it anymore.

I hope that day never comes.

-brickboy240
__________________
Our founders would be shooting by now!
brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39   #43
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Y'all can keep doubting the intelligence of our political leadership if it makes you feel good, but it makes me wonder who the fools really are.
Thank you. I will.

I'm guessing you think we would be in real trouble in this country right now if Obama and company weren't so smart.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42   #44
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,670


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
If America has past the tipping point, where is the breaking point? What for you is the breaking point? When, as in Atlas Shrugged, do you just walk away?
If you haven't read Gladwell's "Tipping Point" I highly recommend it.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45   #45
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,670


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
JB, why are you anti-gold if you think double-digit inflation is coming?
Could be because he describes deflation here in the post you quoted where he's talking about debt simply disappearing.

But honestly, that level of thought is well above his capability so I'm real interested in his answer.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 13:39   #46
cajun_chooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So. Louisiana
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by varget View Post
I see a silver lining where the steriod infested gladiators will pay higher tax rates on their multi-million annual salaries.
the rich won't pay a damm dime more... they have a battery of lawyers working for them so they don't pay taxes period..
when government starts taking money from their pockets.. they will leave the U.S. for more favorable tax climate..
they simply do not have to live here.. but the idiot in the white house is too dense to figure that out.. its all smoke & mirrors from the white house..
they will keep printing money to the point where it will take $50 to buy a loaf of bread and $100 for a quart of milk.. think its impossible ??? how much has gas gone up in 3-1/2 years ?
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 20:58   #47
Drjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA, just outside the United States
Posts: 17,808
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to Drjones


Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
Then you missed the point.



Yep, Marx was a dumbass for all that he was worth. His theory fails on every level (Now where is that darned Soviet Union? Oh yeah, I remember now...) right down to his his idea of substituting what amounted to one currency for another.

The rest (Hilter, Mao Tse-tung, Stalin, Pol Pot, Khrushchev, Kim Jong-il) were also stupid for the destruction they wrought. I don't care what your IQ is, if you manage to destroy an entire Nation and/or commit genocide while doing so they might be a dumbass.
Actually, I think *you* are still missing the point.
Evil tyrants like Hitler, Marx, etc.; destruction and tyranny *were* their goals. They succeeded remarkably.

They are a lot of things, but not stupid.

Evil, insane, etc., yes, but not stupid.
__________________
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
Drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 20:59   #48
Drjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA, just outside the United States
Posts: 17,808
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to Drjones


Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun_chooter View Post
the rich won't pay a damm dime more... they have a battery of lawyers working for them so they don't pay taxes period..
when government starts taking money from their pockets.. they will leave the U.S. for more favorable tax climate..
they simply do not have to live here.. but the idiot in the white house is too dense to figure that out.. its all smoke & mirrors from the white house..
they will keep printing money to the point where it will take $50 to buy a loaf of bread and $100 for a quart of milk.. think its impossible ??? how much has gas gone up in 3-1/2 years ?

Are you really so totally naive that you think hussein has America's best interests in mind?? He *WANTS* to destroy this country.
__________________
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
Drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 21:00   #49
M 7
Senior Member
 
M 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjones View Post
Actually, I think *you* are still missing the point.
Evil tyrants like Hitler, Marx, etc.; destruction and tyranny *were* their goals. They succeeded remarkably.

They are a lot of things, but not stupid.

Evil, insane, etc., yes, but not stupid.
Think whatcha want, slugger!
__________________
For those who CCW: QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 18:53   #50
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
Then you missed the point.

Yep, Marx was a dumbass for all that he was worth. His theory fails on every level (Now where is that darned Soviet Union? Oh yeah, I remember now...) right down to his his idea of substituting what amounted to one currency for another.

The rest (Hilter, Mao Tse-tung, Stalin, Pol Pot, Khrushchev, Kim Jong-il) were also stupid for the destruction they wrought. I don't care what your IQ is, if you manage to destroy an entire Nation and/or commit genocide while doing so they might be a dumbass.
The transformation this country is going through was laid out by Marx. His ultimate conclusions about how great it would be was wrong but how it happens was not. And whether you or the Russians at the time realize it or not, Russia was not in the position for what Marx would have called a successful evolution to socialism and then communism. The USA is.

And the measure of someone's intelligence has nothing to do with whether or not they use said intelligence to do something you consider good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Thank you. I will.

I'm guessing you think we would be in real trouble in this country right now if Obama and company weren't so smart.
You would be wrong. We might not be in so much trouble if Obama and company were as dumb as a lot of folks here think they are.

You assumed I support Obama because I don't think he's dumb. Again I question who the fools are.

And to clarify, since I think you and others might have trouble with the verbiage. I don't think you are dumb but if you think Obama is, then you're foolish.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 883
262 Members
621 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42